Excellent Results, Extremely Pleased - Elizabeth, NJ

My surgeon Dr Joseph Alkon, Elizabeth, NJ...

My surgeon Dr Joseph Alkon, Elizabeth, NJ performed the mini tummy tuck. I never thought at my age that my tummy could look so young again and flat! Go for it, it's definitely worth it. 10 days post op I wore a form fitting dress to work and the compliments never stopped! I can't say enough about Dr Alkon and the wonderful attentive staff at Trinitas Hospital, where he is the head of plastic surgery.

15 days post op and tapes over the stitches were...

15 days post op and tapes over the stitches were removed. After scanning the internet and seeing before/after photos with some pretty nasty and deep scaring I was praying it wouldn't be that bad.
I nervously waited to see how deep and severe the scars would be, but to my great surprise, I saw unbelievably thin lines where the healing had progressed! Of course there were scabs throughout, but my goodness, never expected such a thin scar especially at 2 weeks post op! Needless to say, I was astounded. Dr Alkon explained that he stitched from the inside, which explains why it looks so good. If I get enough nerve I will post a photo.
I am so happy I found this surgeon!!!
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely pleased with results, thorough and experienced. His staff is professional and attentive. All details were explained, I felt very confident that I was in the right hands going into the operating room. Very very pleased and can't say enough to convince other women to go and make yourself beautiful again!

I love that your tt was so affordable maybe I should look in too some transportation for a consult.
I want to go see him soon as possible, I made my decision ,searching on the web for a year looking pic. Today is 5/12 I will call him tomorrow morning. Will post before and after pic. because I know how hard is to pick a right surgeon especially if spending this much money. So good luck to you all.
how fast after app. with him you have the surgery don?
Greek lady why don't you have pictures??
It was a different discussion string in RealSelf.
I am also considering full tummy tuck / lipo with Dr. Alkon. I am really nervous because I haven't seen many reviews. I read a forum with some negative comments about a tummy tuck he performed, so that has me more nervous. I have scheduled the surgery but am having cold feet. I am thinking maybe I should go with a more experienced doctor?! Help... don't know if I am making the right decision here.

By the way, it is an inpatient procedure. Includes overnight stay at Trinitas hospital.
@special kay...what forum did you read about his reviews?
Hi, I am also considering going to Dr. Alkon for a full tummy tuck. Did he perform the surgery on you? Are you happy with the result?

Your response will be significant to me :) Thank you!
No, I ended up choosing a different doctor. In retrospect, I think I would have been fine with Dr. Alkon. Have you made a decision yet?
By the way, the negative comment I had heard was that the individual had a dog ear. At the time I posted this comment I didn't realize tummy tuck dog ears are very common (no matter the surgeon).

With that said, I probably would have chosen Dr. Alkon.
he is cheap here in NJ ny tri-state compare to 8 g's average in nj,maybe 7 g's if we are lucky lol but yea i m not sure about him, i personally know he is great with price and being the chief/and or head of a hosp.plastic surgery IMO IS A GREAT THING,but i m not seeing on the entire net any not 1 person realistic WHO HAS A PIX OF THEIR BELL (Belly) to breast or buttocks enhancement/BL.etc. i do not see ANY! so i wish all luck whose goin there.I.E. this person here i was hoping for the past year! lol t see a pix but she is not sharing that is skeptical,due to most i see here have at least 1 pix,of such prowess-dr. work.so if she did get it done i am happy for her,but i m not sure why she has yet share kindly the pix. i am most feasibly going to dr.bond montclair,suburban nj dr. there.she is HIGHLY recommended,few thousand over dr.a but i m already highly considering here now that i am near just about targer weight,and i have spoken to with real pix,regular email like five! who all use her. i am going to dr. bond most feasibly,UNLESS in few months i find a local dr. plastic surgeon,or ny,tri-state as skilled as dr.bond in montclair,who do such great work,and more reasonable than her. BUT in any event,dr.A in elizabeth,price is always around 4 g's only to 5,000 maximum FULL tummy tuck is around highest six or so. that is really great the price.just wish a pix was available of his "reality"work.we do not have any pix of this dr. on here at all. so proceed.everyone with caution. god speed adios *CertifiedSexiFlatStomach2013!*
Also, did you stay overnight in the hospital or was it done on an out-patient basis?
Hi! So glad to have found a review on Dr. Alkon.

I am looking into getting either a full or mini, depending on what the surgeon suggests. I would like to know if you went to any other consults before choosing Dr. Alkon? Also, did he give you options on whether you should have local or a general. I'm more nervous about the anesthesia then I am about the actual surgery. :/
Either way, all comments and suggestion are welcomed.
And try and post a picture, I would definitely love to see his work firsthand instead of off his website.

Thanks in advance!

Hooray for mini tummy tuck success stories! So, how old are you, exactly? Hmm? :0)