Suture Allergy - El Paso, TX

I had a tummy tuck and had to get 5 surgerys after...

I had a tummy tuck and had to get 5 surgerys after that from different surgeons to correct the problem of my reaction to premicron sutures. I had puss and had to have open wounds.

The initial surgery was in 05 and now we are in 2011 and I had a baby 20 mnth ago and had lipo surgery on jan 2011 and another green suture popped out on my side. I thought all of them were gone, but to my dismay, I was left with a one inch piece on my side with puss and everything.

One scar led to many. So for the time of absorbing into the body is wrong. I am living proof and got the pics,scars,and dr documented history to prove. Still feeling a little pain above my bellybutton. Hopefully it is just scartissue.

Too much payments and Too much pain. I ask myself. Was my little tummy from my first child that bad? I wish I could take it all back. Now I am an addict to getting back to normal when normal does not exist for me. I have to be strong for my kids and not let them think that they are not beautiful just the way they are. I will not let them take my path, for my path is made of plastic, not sturdy and breakable to the ego.

Suture vs patient. Suture won the first rounds, but patient will prevail and god has been on my side. Thank you god:)

How has everything turned out?
Hey Jorstargirl, Sorry to hear what you have been going through, I'm glad your doing better. I have a question, on one of your pictures I see you have some dark spots by your belly button. Are those picture where you started noticing problems? I too have a little darking of the belly btton area and a couple of dark sport here and there.
Yes, but with a little constant throbbing pain. The scar tissue was growing trying to get rid of the foreign suture material and getting larger so bruising me from the inside out. Get an ultrasound if it has any pain and by that test they can see liquid in there like a sinus kind of way which should not be there. But yes the purple bruising was from the ongoing unhealing. I had other various sutures left in me and they too did like a little purple bruise. Now I have to cover them up eventually, Probably a tattoo or something pretty, I looked into scar revision but its a scar on top of another scar. So if I want to stop looking at my trials and tribulations on my stomach map, I need to put some pretty art to make me a little happier:) Hope I was able to help you a bit.:)
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Didnt care about my pain, just wanted to inject me with steroid and poke me with silver nitrate.