Tummy Tuck - 6 Days Post Op - El Paso, TX

Well, I made it. Tuesday before the surgery, I had...

Well, I made it. Tuesday before the surgery, I had lots of running around to do and by bed time, I was a nervous wreck. My husband is amazing, though. He got me up and out, to the hospital on time, and everyone at the hospital was wonderful.

They laid me on a nice warm bed, I felt so comfortable. The preop nurses, the anestheseologist (?) and assistant were so good. I changed clothes, my PS came in and marked me, talked a minute to me and my husband, and then I woke up! My husband said that nurses came to the waiting room several times to report my progress and after I came to, I was up and out.

Now I am 6 days post and sore, but nothing unbearable. I think I was blessed also with no nausea. The pain pump came out yesterday, and I have had two showers. My husband has been a wonderful nurse, draining, redressing and keeping me up and about. The incisions don't look bad, he pulled my abdominal muscles together, created a new belly button, and the tummy lipo and incision are all looking good. I see my PS Thursday to see what he thinks.

Thanks so much for this site to help us all through this.

I am three months post op now, and loving my new...

I am three months post op now, and loving my new tummy. It was weird at first, almost like "this is not me," but I am adjusting and things are fitting much better. It still is tight and a little swollen but I am working out, lifting weights, walking on treadmill and riding a stationary bike almost everyday. And feeling more like me daily, too. It does get better, but is a slow recovery time.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

He is very matter of fact and took the time to answer all my questions. I always had a list for him and his staff and they are wonderul.