Wow...7 years already?!

I had my LapBand placed at William Beaumont Army...

I had my LapBand placed at William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, TX by Dr. Jason Johnson on December 6, 2006. I am 5'11" and at the time of my surgery weighed in at 339lbs! I was miserable. I had yo-yo dieted my entire life, going from a normal sized person to huge over and over. When I tipped the scales at 320 I finally decided that drastic action was needed. It took me about 6 months of appointments, scans, and exams before I got put on the waiting list for the surgery (I went throught the military).

My procedure was done on an outpatient basis and my husband drove me home. I was sore but nothing horrible. I was restricted to liquids only for 2 weeks. In that 2 weeks I lost 19lbs! I had to go to appointments every month for the first year. This is KEY! A LapBand will not work if you do not get to the proper adjustment, and that can't be done in one visit!

I got down to 209lbs when I found out I was pregnant (surprise)! The pregnancy and delivery went perfectly. I released all the saline from the band 2 weeks prior to delivery. I gained 19lbs during the pregnancy (which was much nicer than the 80 I gained during the first one), and lost back down to 218. Which is where I basically have stayed for the last 3 years. I'll gain and lose the same 3lbs over and over, but this weight is very easy to maintain.
I just had a mommy makeover 10 days ago and my tummy is so nice and flat! My port was not a problem, the plastic surgeons are used to them. I've lost a little more weight since they removed all my extra skin (with some fat :-). and I think I'm gonna finally get under 200 which has always been my ultimate goal!
In short, for me, it was totally worth it! I have never had any problems except if I eat something really bready too fast, then I know I'm gonna puke. and if I eat too soon before bed, then it's heartburn city. But now it's not really a diet anymore, it's just a way of eating. I eat smaller portions now, it's just what I do. I think that at this point, even if I had the band removed, I would be able to continue and maintain because I have changed my entire way of eating; at first out of necessity because of the band, but now because it is easy to eat this way!

Good luck All!

7 Years!

Just changing some pictures.

7 Years!!!!

It's been 7 years. I've joined weight watchers, and I'm really trying to loose these last 20 lbs, and I'm gonna do it!!!
Dr. Jason Johnson