I'm Really, Really Happy with my Mixto Results for Blotchy Face and Hands - El Cerrito, CA

As a formerly super-freckled kid with large pores...

As a formerly super-freckled kid with large pores (my dermatologist told me they're like large feet...you either have 'em or you don't!), I was noticing some real blotchiness on my face and hands at age 57. I had dark sun spots, thinning skin and prominent veins on my hands and my jawline was getting saggy and crowsfeet were getting deeper and deeper.

I had thought about laser resurfacing for awhile but when my husband went in for Lasik eye surgery I noticed that the clinic did laser skin treatments as well. Boom! A week later I was getting my face, neck and hands done...all at once.

The stinging sensation of the laser was more intense than I had imagined. I did notice a rhythm to each pass of the laser and I could anticipate how long the zing! would last (6 seconds). That helped me endure. I also kept telling myself I would soon be gorgeous. Fortunately, that was my result.

Immediately after the procedure I was bright red and had amazingly dark freckles all over my face. The second and third days my skin was crusty, bright red and hot, hot hot. I followed my Dr.'s treatment plan to the letter -- water gel and spritzer, anti-inflammatory cream (Cicalfate), and Aquaphor. I also took a couple of Tylenol before bed. The fourth day, the freckles started to wash off!! New, bright pink skin was revealed with every face washing and after just one week I was completely transformed. My pores had shrunk, the age spots were done, I have a nice, natural blush to my cheeks and my neck is completely smooth. Everyone who sees me thinks I'm using a new, fresh makeup BUT...I'm not wearing makeup!

I'm going back tomorrow (5 weeks post-op) for a checkup and possibly Juvederm around my lips. (But I have been amazed at how much the Mixto CO2 has eliminated the feathering of my lipstick already.) My doctor has taken extensive Before and After photos and will be posting them online. I have fair skin and am a good candidate for this type of procedure. I've had no hyperpigmentation issues but I do have a little of the "itchy skin syndrome." I just apply 1% hydrocortisone cream to alleviate it. I hope this helps someone.

September 30, 2010 I'm still thrilled with my...

September 30, 2010 I'm still thrilled with my Mixto results. With or without makeup I look young, have a natural glow, and feel very self-confident. Of course, I'm one of those nuts who exercises, eats her veggies and practices positive thinking. I think it's all tied together!

May, 2013

This is me at 61...4 years after my laser treatment. Obviously it was worth it for me.

Photo update

May, 2013 photo
Dr. Sandra Cardona/Ellis Laser Eye Center

My doctor is caring, professional, experienced and cautious. She is always just a phone call away.