Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift - Edmonton, AB

I'm 36 years old 5'5 155 lbs. 2children 9...

I'm 36 years old 5'5 155 lbs. 2children 9 & 15 years of age. I am having a TT because being pregnant with my second child I gained 45lbs and have since lost it but now have a saggy yucky trophy of pregnacy. I work out religously and go to the gym regularly but no matter how much I do its hanging on. I am also having a breast lift at the same time to perk up my droopy twins from the weight gain/ loss.

I have anxious moments thinking about the surgery, but not having to wear granny panties to tuck in and hold back the trophy keeps me excited :)

Yep, I'm freaking out 2 months away till the big...

Yep, I'm freaking out 2 months away till the big day. I couldn't sleep last night, all I could think about was "do I really want to do this", "what about infection", aughhhh. The pain and the breast lift don't worry me at all,it;s the TT;I'm so worried about infection since I had a nasty infection once before from back surgery 7 years ago that almost killed me. My PS assures me that the risk is there but being in a private clinic and going on antibiotics , plus I don't smoke that I should be ok. "Deep Breath" I can just imagine how I'm gonna be right before surgery...can you say " nervous wreck"..lol Anyone else feeling the anxiety so far from the date?

Today was my pre- op and I got my prescriptions (...

Today was my pre- op and I got my prescriptions ( Tylenol 3 , antibiotic, and blood thinners) all I take after surgery. Paid for the remainder so no turning back now.. Actually I'm feeling pretty good all the anxiety has faded ( thanks to all who have gone through this month, reading their stories sure have helped)and now I'm just ready to get on to the recovery process.

My ps told me the surgery( breast lift, Tt with muscle repair) will take about 4 hours. I won't know the time until the 24 of January so that kinda playing on my mind as I like to have things planned and organized... Must be that Virgo! I have everything I need extra pillows for my bed , snacks, meds, paper tape for the healing process ..my mom will be playing nurse and my husband love him to death is taking 18 days off work to take the kids to their sports and be there for me.. Well I'll try and update before I go in :)

Day before surgery, Got the call today to be at...

Day before surgery,
Got the call today to be at the surgery centre at 730am and surgery starts at 8am. Had a light diet today (to nervous o eat anyways)protein shake for breakfast, strawberries and yogurt for lunch, turkey & quinoa soup for dinner...nothing to eat or drink after midnight. I have been drinking water like crazy today as well. Feeling excited and nervous. My first po is the 27th of Jan.

Well today started off very nauseating (thank u...

Well today started off very nauseating (thank u gravol). But all is well this evening, I'm starting to get up and move around on my own. Had my first po and my doc said things couldn't have turned out any better.. Got a sneak peak at my boobies and they're so cute!
Get to shower on Sunday and get my drains pulled on wednesday .

Day 2 po: feeling pretty good pain is about 2,...

Day 2 po: feeling pretty good pain is about 2, keeping up with pain meds. I'm getting in and out of bed on my own, going pee every 1-2 hours and making sure to walk around. My back is starting to get achy so I've been using a heating pad an having the hubby rub my lumbars. Appetite has been good just eating small amounts ( egg whites, fruit, toast, low sodium soup).
can't wait to shower tomorrow and to see what everything looks like:)I would totally recommend a travel pillow for sleeping. I had a good sleep last night.

Day 3 po: feeling good today.. Had my mom wash my...

Day 3 po: feeling good today.. Had my mom wash my hair at the sink, dont want to be in the shower longer than I have to. I did have a shower this afternoon after much hyping myself too, I was afraid to take my binder off for the first time. I felt a little weird with out.. I pinns my drains to ribbon i had draped around my neck. But love the results so far.. I actually have a belly button! Showering took a lot if my energy today so I'm just relaxing and getting up every 2 hours for my walk about. I go for my second po on Wednesday to get my drains pulled. Will updated again then... I'll try and get some pics up if I venture downstairs to my computer :)

Day 5 po Had a pretty rough day today... I cut...

Day 5 po
Had a pretty rough day today... I cut back on my meds 2 days ago and switched to extra strength Tylenol today. Must be going through mild withdrawals , crabby, tired, headachy, binder getting to tight( gave me a little sore on my side)irritated..ugh! Hoping tomorrow will be a better a better day :) The only good thing is having a BM, hoping I keep up the regularity from here on out.

Day 6 po Drain free today! Don't hurt at all...

Day 6 po
Drain free today! Don't hurt at all getting the drain removed, just a little squiggle feeling and it was done. Dr said everything looks great , incisions are nice and the nurse retaped all incisions.. I must use paper tape starting next week for the next 3 months on all incisions to help keep the scar flat and fine. Also I have to sleep propped up for another week or 2 as well as no standing straight for another week or 2. Need to walk lots and no tanning the scars for 1 year. I go back in 7 weeks for a follow up.

Loving memory foam pillow for my butt in bed last night as my tail bone is getting a bit sore from sleeping propped up:)

12 days po Today ha been an emotional day. I...

12 days po

Today ha been an emotional day. I got to change my stereos trips today to paper tape and it was the first time I got to see the whole incision (breast and tt ) I was taken back a bit and started to get very overwhelmed almost to the point that felt faint. After I got emotional, not sure if I was worried that I was doing something wrong or contaminating the tape and end up giving myself an infection... My wonderful husband assured me I was doing everything right ,that I looked beautiful and my incisions were healing nicely and reminded me that I have months of healing still to go, it's not gonna be overnight. I felt a bit better and look forward to my 1 month mark!

2.5 Weeks PO: Wow where to begin.. Today has...

2.5 Weeks PO:

Wow where to begin..
Today has been an emotional roller coaster. My mom went back home yesterday and my husband goes back to work on monday and kids go to school so I will be left alone for the first time since surgery and I'm a little worried.
Also I feel so fat not being able to do much, my thighs are huge (swelling) and I didn't even have lipo ..WTF? I'm so sick of sleeping on my back propped up ..I wish I could just sleep on my side..my legs gets so numb having a pillow under my knees and my butt and lower back are protesting.
I've been putting off changing my tapes on my tt incision, as I get so anxious about seeing the incision.I read somewhere that these feelings are normal and should pass..Soon I hope! My husband has been so wonderful with keeping me positve during these bouts of depression, I can't wait for life to be normal again....
Even knowing the things i'd be going through, I still would do this again.

5 Weeks PO I can finally fit back into my jeans...

5 Weeks PO

I can finally fit back into my jeans as the swelling in my thighs has gone down, I'm so excited about that. I was getting tired of sporting lounge wear. I'm still not allowed to do any lifting or cardio, so Im just walking on the treadmill. It would be so nice to do some walking outside but its so snowy and icy, my poor dog is depressed, maybe I should tie him to the tredmill.

I dont have any pain other than sneezing but that seems to get better each time.
My next PO apt isnt until the 20th of March .

7.5 weeks po Had my 8 week check up today and...

7.5 weeks po

Had my 8 week check up today and got the ok to go back to my normal routine ( all restrictions lifted). I no longer need my binder .. Happy dance!
I do have to keep my scars taped for another 2 months. Dr Chong is very pleased with everything a am I. I am so looking forward to hit the gym, he did mention spanx should I feel like I need a bit of support for the first few weeks at the gym so I will be searching for spanx.

I go back to see the ps in August for another follow up

2 months po Went to the gym first time since...

2 months po

Went to the gym first time since the surgery..Felt good to get back but I must of looked silly since i had to roll myself on and off the bench to do chest..lol I am swelling up like a marshmellow since getting home from the gym. My ps said this is normal and not to be alarmed. (baby steps)

One year update! I am very happy with my results...

One year update! I am very happy with my results the breast lift was amazing the scars are thin white lines hardly noticeable. My nipple sensation has gone back to normal ( they were extremely sensitive after the surgey).
My tt scar is healing nice very flat and thin. It has a slight purple hue to it but not very noticeable. I have normal sensation around the scar and belly button except for an inch just in the middle above my scar it's slightly numb.
I'm so glad I had such a great outcome, and great support !
Will try and post pics soon
Dr. Chong

Dr. Chong is wonderful surgeon. He is very caring and honest. I have never felt rushed in office even when he was running a bit behind. He made sure I understood everything about my procedure and always answered my questions professionally even when I thought they might be silly. Dr Chong takes great pride in his work and I would recommend him 100%. The office staff is wonderful, always there to answer questions and they make you feel at ease.

Love ur results!!!!
I am booked for August with Dr. Chong, I'm happy I found your review!! You look great! Did you get any option in your scar placement? Yours is nice and low, I'm hoping mine will be super low.
Hey there, I'm excited for you , you will love your results and the journey! As for scar placement Dr Chong told me to wear a pair of underwear / bikini bottoms with in reason on the day of surgery and he'd do his best to have the scar placed low.
So happy to see this review! I'm booked March 7 with Dr. Chong and very nervous. Your before pics look very similar to me and I love your after pictures.
You will love your results from Dr.Chong. He and Michelle will answer any concerns you have. I don't know how many e-mails I sent before and after the surgery and every time they responded quickly and reassured me that everything is good. I'm so excited for you follow your aftercare instructions and you should have no problems. The first 2 days you are going to be thinking "Why Did I Do This"! at least thats how I felt. But then after its just taking it easy and try not laugh, ooh that was not fun. GOOD LUCK and all the BEST!
That is so good to hear, Pink!! Glad all is well with you. It has been a LONG time since I've been on RS and I've been missing my gals. :) Happy to hear you are happy and all is well!!
Well thats great to hear! Happy for you!! Ya, i'm just trying to think of things i can do with my kids especially my 22 month old w/o being too straining on anything!
did u sit up lots like at the kitchen table for long periods of time? that shouldn't do no harm to the incision right?
Cardio is a breeze, running feels weird just because the abs need to stretch so it kinda pulls. No problem with weights as long as I dont have to lay down or go to heavy. i dont think it will take long to get back to normal.. Everyone is differant , and we all heal differantly so you may not have any problems getting back to working out.
really! i know it's a major surgery but wow! i was hoping i'd get my old life back by 8 wks!
how about Cardio? You able to run yet?
me and my girlfriends are attempting our first 1/2 marathon in November in Malibu and i have to start my training for that as soon as i can!..hoping by mid june at least!?
so lets say you were standing up straight and wanted to do some bicep curls...u think your able to do that w/o it hurting?

thanks for the gauze tip...i so didn't think of that! gonna do that right now!:)
Looking GREAT Pink!! :)
so when did u find u it got to how it would look? 3-4 wks?

I also find my binder is digging into my incision and it burns!
Back to the gym...good for you!! What were u all able to do? did any movements feel odd?
Begining of May (i'll be 7 wks) i had registered for this bootcamp wkend seminar but i think i'll be cancelling. Could have u been able to do drills, and lunges and circuits at 7 wks po?

Well i so wish i'd be in your shoes right now! these 7 wks are gonna go by soooo slow!!
I got some thick gauze that I had put on my incision for the first few weeks just place it under the binder where it digs in. As for bootcamp lunges and squats yes, sit ups push ups hell no. I took things slow today as well no fast sudden movements. I did incline bench and felt like an idiot because I had to roll on my side to lay down and to get up because the muscle repair burns like a mofo. I even had a lifting belt on, and now I'm swollen and sore.
Good for you!
don't know if u saw, but i posted some pics of my 4 days po. i hope i'm swollen, because to me i still look thick & a lil flabby? and i noticed in your pics, u had no gauze in your belly button. Mine is still in there..?i have a hard time looking at everything!
Youre definately swollen... I was taken back by everything when I got my first look at my incision, I got all hot and faint. As for my belly button, I had gauze in it but It fell out the first time my binder came off and I never put it back. I have a very tiny belly button to begin with so Dr Chong said once OT heals I can start massaging the inside and it will be normal looking. The problem is my belly button is so small I can't even get my pinky in it so I have been using a latex ear plug (new) ( I roll it really slim and once in it expands and forms a nice round fit) and its been stretching it out a bit and making it nice and round.. I'll post a pic later this week
Congrats on your positive 8 week check up!!
Just be careful you don't do to much, you wouldn't want to tear your stitches or something.. I go see him tomorrow and I'm so hoping he tells me I can burn my binder.. I seriously have had enough of it, adjusting, things poking my sides , and it's slowly self destructing... I'll let you know how it goes.. Get some rest!
soooo, how did it go??!!
she gave me some other pills ..starts with a t, lol..but i can't take those either, they make my heart pound out of my cheast and anxious! i'm hoping he'll give me a couple more days worth or perc's until i see him on wednesday to take the drains out!
i also think i'm doing too much around the house..but i'm trying to help my hubby out so he doesn't snap on the kids! i bent down on my knees to the floor to put laundry in the dryer and pulled myself up...now i'm paying for it i think!
when do u see him this wk?
I can't take t3 either so I asked for something differant and the nurse at the clinic gave me some wicked pills that knocked me out ... I felt like I shoul have been on intervention.. I was a space case.
Email Michelle : Michelle.drchong@gmail.com
i can't have t3's because they make me itchy, and i have been having a cup of coffee . I feel like my head is split in half!
did u say that dr. chong gave u a email to ask him questions or just that number from the rah?
LMAO can I blame the narcs 8 weeks later for my typo? OXYCODONES
I got terrible headaches from the ocycodones. Apparently it is a side effect to some narcotics. I switched to T3's with codiene on the Monday and was fine.

I also figured out that I had gone 48 without coffee, that DEFINITELY did not help matters for me. It got a little better when I finally had my first cup on day 2.
Could be from the anasthetic... Are you still taking painkillers?
day 3 and i feel like my head is splitting in half!! is this normal? huge migraine!
LMAO I don't even want to know what I said when i was coming out. He asked me if I remember him being there and I don't, but it makes me think I said something stupid LOL.

I puked too, even though they gave me something. I needed gravol for the next 2 days. I also had my surgery on a Thurs and my PO visit at 2:30 Friday. I then drove 90 minutes home and it actually was not so bad. I did take oxy's until i ran out on Monday (2 every 4 hours, I have a high tolerance to drugs) and i then for T3's for the next 4 days and then XS Tylenol fr the next week. It was definitely the lipo that hurt the worst.

I slept in my bed from day 1 (well, hotel the first night) I had loads of pillows for a nest.

I got to shower sunday, and made sure I was sitting when I first took the binder off. Then stood up VERY SLOOOOWLY. When I saw myself in the mirror I cried. I sat on a little stool and had the best shower ever, tying my drains on a string around my neck.

I am still wearing my binder most of the time, but at 8 weeks out (as of yesteday) I am weaning off of it and now feel better without it than I did up until now. I felt VERY uncomfortable without it for a long time.