Date booked! 48 Year Old Finally Going for It. - Edmonton, AB

Hello all you lovely and brave ladies! I'm new to...

Hello all you lovely and brave ladies! I'm new to this and was just looking for advise on anything that may help prepare for a rummy tuck. I've read a lot of stories looked at so many before and afters and can't wait to do it. I have a consult Aug 25 and hope to book my surgery that day. Wish me luck! Thanks in advance!! : )
I'm also 48 and getting my TT in Jan 2015. I'll be following your progress
Thank you and ill be sure to follow you as well
wishing the best!!!!

About me

I thought I should tell you a little about myself, so here goes...
I'm a 48 year old single mom of two grown kids, my daughter is 23 and my son is 20. I raised them both on my own and had many struggles throughout the years as any single parent would know, actually any parent would know. Anyway, they are the absolute joy of my life and wouldn't trade in one stretch mark for them. As they have matured into adults I enjoy them more everyday and we are best of friends today.
Raising them was a struggle and a joy. To support them I had many different jobs and enjoyed most of them. But in the past 14 years I went from running an over head crane in a lumber mill to going back to school to become a graphic designer then onto a nail technician and lastly my most loved job now a mobile crane operator. Which I'll stay at until I retire (hopefully in about 7-8 years)
I have always struggled with my weight since after having my kids. I did the yoyo thing a lot. My heaviest being 198. Oh I'm 5'8". I lost that weight doing WW and kept it off for sometime. Right now I sit at 173 and and an ideal weight for me is 150-155 so I'm in the process of getting rid of that before surgery. I feel that's manageable. But as we all know having babies is hell on the ol'bod and I too have the saggy bag hanging off my gut and I'm so sick of trying to hide it!
So this is for me and only me. Of course the bf says he loves me as I am but he doesn't have to pack it around, try to hide it, squish it into spanxs or wear a one piece to the beach. But he is supportive to what I'm doing. Last night he even said he was happy for me for getting what I want, I said he will be happy with the new me. I've saved my money and am so ready for this!
Like I said in my earlier post I have yet to see the PS for my first consult but reading about him and having knowing someone who had his work done (my sister had a breast reduction) I think and hope he's the one. I go Aug 25 and can't wait!
I've been watching YouTube videos, reading reviews, looking at b&a pics, watching actual surgeries of the procedure, you name it I've been doing my research. Even the recovery doesn't scar me. I had back surgery a few years ago and that was not so bad. I was up waking that day and healing process was about 3 weeks and got the go ahead to go back to work 5 weeks out. So I'm hoping for the same with this tt.

Ok I've rambled on enough so might share my thoughts once a week as time and research goes or if something comes to mind.

Oh and I must say I admire and respect every woman on this site and wish them all the best in their personal journey.
Good luck, u will do great
I'm 61, and had my TT in March...the BEST thing I did was rent a walker, which totally prevented back pain and sure helped me get around. I did not have constipation issues because I only took pain killers for the first 3 days but after that, since I had no pain at all (just some soreness when getting up) , I stopped taking them; the doc put me on one week of antibiotics and since those help one have a bm, I was regular as usual. I wasted $$ buying things I thought I needed but didn't, so all I can say is, get a walker!! Good luck!
If you can try to get as close to your ideal weight as possible by surgery day for optimal surgical results. (Definitely easier said than done). Most of us don't have a great appetite for the first week or two after surgery and lose some weight then too. Thanks for the update!

Weight coming off.

My last post was July 19th and I was at 173, today I'm at 168 so it's coming slowly but surely. It's coming off at a healthy rate I feel, an average of 1.5 - 2lbs a week which works just fine for me and I should have shed it all by surgery time, which I'm hoping will be Oct or Nov. My consult is in 23 days and I can't wait to hear what he has to say and hope I'm a good candidate for the tt. Fingers crossed.
Happy healing everyone and have a great weekend everyone! Be back in a few weeks.

Consult change

Hi everyone. Just a quick update, my consult was changed from the 25th to the 19th of this month so that makes me happy and closer to setting a date for surgery. Yay!! I just know he will be the doctor for me, if my sister was happy from his work I'm sure I will be too.
On another note, I have all my money saved for this and then some for while I'm off work and I even paid off all my credit card debt yesterday so that's not hanging over my head. So all I have for debt is my mortgage and boy does that feel good!

Happy healing ladies and, like me, welcome all just starting this journey.
Morning. Your consult is tomorrow. Praying all your questions are answered and you have that inner peace or intuition that says "this is it". Be blessed.
Thank you so much. Yes it is and I'm very excited for tomorrow and have many questions. Fingers crossed.

Date booked!

Well had my consult today and it went very well. I'm happy to say I booked my surgery and put down a deposit. My date is November 7th, and I'll be the first surgery of the day. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. This is real it's going to happen. Omg!

Wrong date

I wrote the wrong date, it's actually the 6th of November.

60 Days!

Hello RS ladies!
Well today marks the 2 month pre surgery day. So far I'm not excited or nervous, maybe because it's still a ways off but I know it will be here quick and I know I'll have emotions as the day gets closer. Probably more excitement than nervous.
I've been quite busy with work so that keeps my mind off of it, just my big concern is my house. I'm in the middle of renos and for some reason I feel I need it all done before surgery, highly unlikely that will happen. Just a few things I'm wanting done before surgery are new carpet upstairs, the spare room painted and decorated (for my mom as she will come stay with me for a few days) the whole house inside repainted, my garage roof reshingled, and I need a new garage door and opener and a major cleaning! I'm the type of person who loves renovating so most of will be done by me. After I'm all healed I'll be getting a new kitchen and redone bathrooms, can't wait for that! I need a magic wand! Anyways that's were my mind is mostly.
I'm off for 4 days starting next Friday so I'm going to go and pay for my surgery that day and it will be no turning back then. WOW!
I've gotten the time off work, taking 3 weeks off, then light duty for 2 weeks. Hope that's enough time. I'm actually looking forward to the time off, even if it is just laying about. I haven't had a holiday in over 2 years so this will be good.
I've rambled enough so happy healing everyone.
Good day. Am 51 grandma 5 days post op. In edmonton. Had tt, bl with ba. Not as bad as i expected. Took advise from other ladies in taking stool softners before surgery and Dr prescribed some after. Keep the positive attitude and work on your back and upper leg muscles. As you will need them. I have not experienced any back aches.
Hi willyc. Thanks so much for the advice. Which doctor did your tt? I look forward to seeing some pictures.
Dr. Wilkes. Fabulous Dr. Am now 10 days post off. Doing great. The first week is the toughest mentally, and limitations physically. But worth it . Just remember that we are not 20 anymore and will not have a 20yr old body after. But will be tight, smooth and sexy.

Sharing

Thought I'd share a few more pics. Yuck! Gross! TT day please hurry up and arrive! 50 days and counting.
Good luck! I will be on a plane on Nov 6 to Mexico for 10 days. But I'll be thinking about you. You've accomplished so much and have spent your life doing for others. I'm so happy for you that you are doing something for you!!! Just remember...it takes time to heal.
Oh how nice, have a great time in Mexico. I'm hoping to go away just after Christmas, just not sure if I'll be healed enough for that. I agree, it is time for me. Thanks

40 more days!

Time is flying by! I have only 2 more shifts to work +2 days (I work 10 days then have 4 off) and then it will be my turn to be on the flat side.
Today I pick out and order carpet so the house is coming along slowly but surely. I want the carpet in and done by mid October then I can concentrate on cleaning and organizing before surgery. I'm very excited and surprising not nervous or scared.
Happy healing ladies!
Hey fellow Canadian, I am schedule for Oct 17. Last night woke up with panic attack. I know it will be all worth it when that blubber comes off my mid section. Good luck to you.
Thank you and good luck to you as well. You date is soon. How exciting!

Eye opener.

So last night I was on RS looking at the "Not Worth It" posts. Why? I guess just to see what could possibly happen, well not a good idea. Scared the crap out of me! Sure is an eye opener to see. There is some pretty scary stuff out there. So I promised myself not to rush my recovery and take it totally easy for 3 weeks and do all my doc says. I know it's possible complications could still arise but I'll do all I can to avoid them.
I feel so bad for the women struggling with healing and pray they recovery completely and quickly. Happy healing ladies. Xo
Hi 20yearwait. I am scheduled for a tummy tuck with Dr. schembri as well. My surgery date is booked for Nov. 27th. I look forward to reading your posts and following your experience. I hope all goes well for you!
Oh that's so great! And I too will be watching for you as well. Good luck and I'm sure we are in good hands.

30 Days

Yup! Count'em ... 30 days to be exact! Wow time is just flying by. Tomorrow is my pre op appointment, I really hope he draws on me, would love to see how low my scar will possibly be.
Surprisingly I'm not nervous or scared, just getting a bit excited. I have lots to do to prepare. Oh and my carpet is being installed on the 23rd so that's exciting!
Well happy healing ladies. And take care of yourselves ????

28 Days

Only 28 days left! Woohoo!! I had my pre-op yesterday and all went well, I'm cleared to go, I have zero health issues and..... My weight is down to 162. I'm not overly worried about my weight getting down to 155, I'll get there eventually.

Unfortunately he didn't draw on me but I have total faith in my Doc. I have all my persriptions filled and so nice to see they were pretty cheap, only paid $10 for all three. Gotta love good health benefits from work.
Well that's it for now just excited for thr BIG day.
Happy healing everyone.
Good luck! Can't wait to hear how you are doing.
Thank you. I'll be sure to keep you all up to date.
Congrats to your surgery! Keep us posted...your date is coming up very soon!

It's coming fast.

Wow only 20 days left til I reach the flat side. It's coming so fast!!
My new carpet is being installed as we speak, pretty excited about that. So all I have to do to be ready is make sure my house is clean and sock my fridge. That being said what is everyone eating after sx? What's a good diet to follow? Suggestions please : )
Happy healing ladies.
I did the clean lower carbs before hand . Took my multi vitamins and no alcohol. I am 6 weeks post op and doing fabulous. Still swelling a bit but looking good. The girls look like they did when i was 20.

Work

Well I got a call from dispatch and I'm off to a camp job tomorrow for a week or so. This will really help the time zip by. I'll be home and done work by the 3rd and then it will only be 3 more days to the flat side.
So excited to get this done and relax and heal.
Happy healing lovely ladies!

2 weeks today : )

I'm 2 weeks away from the flat side today!! Im away working for a week or so so time will fly.
As time gets closer I'm actually too busy to even think about being nervous or scared. Excited yes!
I found out the the other day my dad didn't know about me doing this. I had told my mom that I was thinking about doing this and then when I finally decided to do it she was happy, but I asked her not to tell anyone, I thought for sure she would tell dad as she tells him everything. So the other day we were all talking and I mentioned my surgery and he's like "what?! What surgery?!!" Haha I told him I was getting some big ass boobs (no offense to anyone getting ba) then I said no dad I'm having plastic surgery, a tummy tuck, his reaction was "oh ok" then he carried on watching the football game. Oh Dad. Man of not so many words but I know he's supportive. Too funny.

I am a bit bothered by the support of my boyfriend. He says he's supportive and happy for me but why when I even mention or show excitement or try to talk about my upcoming sx he clams up and looks at me like a deer in headlights. When he does that I stop talking about it. I feel very little support from him and my feelings for him has change because of it. Believe me I have asked him about his actions but he still stays he's supportive. Sure has a funny way of showing it. Anyone else's bf or husband not show the support you want? So frustrating but I tell myself I'm not doing this for him, I'm doing it for me and if you don't like it then stay out of it.
Happy healing ladies.
I really enjoyed reading your post and ***Best Wishes to your Upcoming Surgery*** I like in your post how you stated your doing this for you : )
Thank you! The way I see it I'll be the only one who will appreciate it the most. Me me me!! LOL
LOL...Tooo Funny.... I know that's right! : )
Dr. Paul Schembri