My Recovery from SmartLipo for Extra Skin and Abdominal Ponch

I'm 48yrs old, slim at 122lbs, 5'1"....

I'm 48yrs old, slim at 122lbs, 5'1". I've had 4 children over the course of 26yrs; my last two after 31yrs old. My 1st two babies were LARGE and I had extra skin and a ponch that was bugging me. At 48yrs old, love handles and ponch getting worse. So...I did smartlipo 2 wks ago.

I didn't find the procedure very painful until the sculpting part started. Then it got worse, I received more 'drugs' and my blood pressure dropped VERY low and I don't remember anything after that till I woke up. I had to stay a couple hours extra because of my blood pressure issue.

The idea of returning to work the day after is ludicrous and I can't believe people do it. I have a high pain tolerance, but glad I took time off. The burning and discomfort is worse then the medical sites let on. I had significant bruising and fluid build up. This got much worse a week later and concerned, my doc gave me anti-inflammatories, diruetics and antibiotics. This helped significantly.

I have small little lumps that have formed and my belly button looks like an anus its so constricted. My GF had this done too 8mths ago and she said hers did the same thing and at the 2mth mark, she noted significant improvement in that regard. I don't know why, but I intuitively started massage on my own and do it every day. After reading this site, I see that this will help.

I'm hopeful I'll be happy with the results. My ponch is gone, but the hopes of wearing a bikini are tainted with this cellulite look and tightness of my belly button. I had a smooth belly with no stretch marks and this looks awful to me. Ya, in clothes the ponch and waist are smaller, but I was semi-comfortable in a bikini prior to this procedure and hope I will be again in a few months.

I'm still experiencing some discomfort to the touch, but all in all after 2 weeks the pain has subsided considerably. Hoping for great results at the 3 mth mark.

Had the touch up June 9th. Added photos from the...

Had the touch up June 9th. Added photos from the Day after and then a couple weeks later. Much more bruising, but not near as painful afterwards. Some swelling still by end of day if I don't wear spanx. But still wear them at night for sure. I think I'm going to be much more pleased with the results. Time will tell!

Dr. A Kriel, Medicine Hat AB

Just had my FOURTH touch up 2 weeks ago. I'm done. Not doing anymore to it. I still believe I'm going to have some 'loose skin' to deal with, but it's definitely better. It was painful once again and after 2 wks I still feel bruised. There are some bad-assed lumps underneath the skin that I'm hoping will go away. The tummy has a bumpy appearance and already I can see the skin loosening up. :( I'm not trying to be picky but I still wish it was smooth. lol....

i feel ya, illl be getting around my belly button touch up AGAIN. there is like a bump u can see when i wear tight tank tops
Hello, live in Ed just wondering who your Doc was and if you had to do it over would you go back to him ?
your lucky you were able to get an other touch up, i wish i could get one. i just know there is more fat in my tummy i rather have your loose skin then what i still look like. i posted up to date pics on my profile. when i sit i still look like i have a beer belly but deff still much better then before. you look great girl!
Hi Everyone! Okay I had my 2nd touch up in May 2011. (so 3 smartlipo procedures on the same area). My loose skin is the only problem I have. I went from a 29 inch waist to a 26 inch waist, but naked the skin is drooping just above my belly button and just below it. :( My Doc says there is still things he can do about that. The last touch up I did have the liquid tumescent or whatever it's called to numb the area but refused other drugs so my blood pressure didn't drop dangerously low again. This was by far the most painful of the recoveries and I swore I wouldn't do it again! But naked...I am conscience of my drooping skin. It's not as bad as it sounds but bending over or while in certain positions in yoga or other activities (wink wink) I'm self conscience of it hanging. I'm assured that no one is looking at THAT the time I notice it...again (wink wink)but I am! I'm sending more pics to my Doc and we'll see what he says. Overall, still glad I did it. I'll try to upload latest pics. I've since left my husband (Sept 2010)and lost more weight so that could attribute to the drooping too I suppose.
I am so glad that you have post these pics. I am 6 weeks post my smartlipo surgery on my ab area. I am beginning to notice the lose skin, small lumps and bumps which had me to worry. My Dr. did state b4 the surgery that a tummy tuck will give me great results than the smartlipo. I opt for smartlipo bc of the less downtime. I have not had my touch up I am still swollen with sensitive to touch in the surgery areas.
Overall from your pics you look great and I hope I will be saying the same 4-6 months from now.
Very good to know. Thanks sooooo much!!
Will add more photos soon!
Thanks for taking the time to answer. I would love to see a recent picture. I am deciding if I want to do it but I am concerned about the wrinkly skin. I am weighing flatter stomach vs. wrinkler skin in the end. I am glad you don't regret it! 3 inches is great!!!
The skin is wrinkly on ME, but my GF who had it done, is tight and smooth. I don't know why I have such loose skin. She had twins so she stretched too! Same doc, so just different body types react differently I guess. I'm still happier with my appearance now then before the procedure. MUCH!
Hello Hockyma...in the end..how do you like the results. Did the wrinkly skin go away? Do you regret doing that rather than a tummy tuck? I am thinking of doing smart lipo, but i have some loose skin already. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
I don't regret doing it. I've lost 3 inches off my waist! It's been 5mths since my touch up and yes, I have loose skin but it's still better then the ponch I had. I've been working out too so as my abs tighten, maybe some of the skin will too. I have booked 6 velashape sessions so I'm hoping that will help tighten up some of the loose skin. I'll let you know! I haven't taken a pic in a while so maybe I'll have my daughter take one and post it. I do hope it tightens as there are a few saggier parts then others so it's a little uneven naked. But in my clothes, I've had to take in all my dress pants and people at work are complimenting me so I'm happy!
you look great and as you said loose skin looks like the only problem now,but never the less you look amazing, im 6weeks post op and im absolutly not happy with my results, i see you said u waited about 4mths to get a touch up, if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay to get a touch up?
Thank you for your compliments! I'm much happier and each week I see the skin tightening up a little bit more. A little lumpy in places but all in all it's better than the gut I had. My Dr. gave me the touch up for FREE because he said clearly it wasn't the results I was looking for. So he did it again. But, he's a small town Dr. and we seemed to have a good relationship. Not sure if that is the norm...it SHOULD be! Feel free to contact me again if you have any other questions.
Awww, see you got touched up! Looks great...how long did you have to wait?
To get touched up? I had the original done end of February and had the touch up June 9th. After a month since touch up, I'm still not entirely happy with the results. Loose skin. Doc says to wait and hopefully the skin will continue to tighten. We'll see!
my doc said u cant get rid of loose skin with out tummy tuck but you still look great!
Had a touch up and so far the tummy looks much better, but I fear I'm still going to have a bit of loose skin. But all in all I'm happy with the results. I hope there will continue to be improvement as it's been only a couple weeks since touch up.
how do u get a touch up and how much does it cost? i want one!
how do u get a touch up and how much does it cost? i want one!
I sent photos to my doc and he suggested i come back for a touch up as he's not satisfied with the results. Prob is this might be as good as it gets unless I get a mini tuck. 4 kids stretched the skin too much.
At no charge....
I've tried to post more pics and the site won't let me...perhaps there is a quota? Anyone know?
i tried to post and for some reason i was unable to post a reply until 2 weeks later. = ( Try again later. Hope you are doing well.
Well...he's booked me in for a 'touch up' he feels if he lasers it a little more the skin will tighten up moreso than it has. So...we'll post more pics in a month or so.