So I am a mom of two beautiful kids and for almost...

So I am a mom of two beautiful kids and for almost eleven years I have dedicated my time to the two of them. I am 5'2' and 136 pounds. I didn't have very big babies but I was quite small when I had them (115 pounds). I grew to about 160lbs and had two c sections and nursed two babies leaving me with a nice little pooch and saggy breasts. I managed to get my weight down but running with two kids who are busy, working and being a mom and wife have left little time for myself. I am in pretty good health and have worked on getting my tummy flat but nothing worked. I also noticed that my breasts grew instead of shrinking! I went from having a 34C cup when I first got married to growing to a nice healthy 32G! They may be bigger but instead of looking like cantaloupes they have a ski jump look to them. I just want things put back where they were. I have three friends I have talked to who have had tummy tucks and are so pleased with their results. So I have three consults, Dr Gorman Louie, Dr Jonathan Toy, and Dr David Edwards all in December. I have been haunting this website for months now and my first consult is in a week. It feels so real! Now I feel worried that something might go wrong, guilty spending money on something cosmetic. I'll keep you posted.

Pics of me now

I didn't want to post photos at first because I didn't want my photos out on the internet for everyone to see but them I thought this is a site about growth and there are a lot of people out there for support, so here I am.

Postponed consult...

So my firstconsultthatwasgoing tone today has been postponed. So Dr Louie and Dr Toy will be next week.
I'll keep you posted!

Consult with Dr Louie

So I had my consult with Dr Louie this afternoon. My husband came with me to my appointment because he will be my caregiver for my recovery. His office is nice. Clean, slate floors and the place is tidy. After speaking with the receptionist we sat and waited. My appointment was at 11:00 but he did not see me until almost 11:30. Now I had heard the it is a bit of a wait for him, but I can see why. When I did get my turn to see him, he took the time to answer all of my questions and my husband's concerns regarding the tummy tuck. And when I asked him about the breast reduction, which was not a part of the consult, he answered all of those questions as well! He is a quiet man but very articulate and polite. I felt very at ease with him. Now off to see Dr Toy on Thursday.

Consult with Dr. Toy and Dr. Edwards

So my consults with Drs Toy and Edwards went well. I liked Dr Toy because he was younger and did a TT that was drainless. But on the down side he is a very quick talker. So listen carefully. But overall a good doctor, and told me that I could get the results I wanted. I didn't go with him because I felt things were a little rushed with him.

Dr Edwards also was a very good doctor. Methodical and thorough but his timing and my timing did not mesh.

Everything about Dr. Louie's consult made me comfortable. He was very thorough and hands on ( which was kind of good and bad) he drew on me, which was good, but I have never had anyone handle my belly fat like that, not even my husband! His calendar and my schedule line up perfectly. So I have chosen Dr. Louie for my TT and BR! It feels so real all of a sudden!

A Bit Of A Setback...

Sorry it has been so long but I have been trying to nIl down a date for my surgery... But it looks like I am in a waiting game with the surgeons. Frustrating!!!

Finally, a date!

So I booked a date for everything! June 4th! Things are real now! I am really getting excited!

More pics

Just some extra pics I had...

Haters...

Do you real self girls out there feel like you have to hide you surgery from the world? I want to shout it from the rooftops but it is such a taboo subject. I was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago with some really great couples and of course sitting by the pool the topic of plastic surgery comes up. I felt like I was the worst person in the world for wanting to do this! "Why would anyone want to do something so vain?" One girl said to me. She doesn't have one stretch mark to speak of. Or if you do get up the nerve to tell someone they ask you why would you do that to yourself? You have no idea that I have to tuck my skin into my pants. I am so glad I have my husband's support and a few friends who have gotten surgery done so I have people to talk to about it. If I wasn't a stronger person, I probably would have cancelled my surgery date. But I know my husband will be there, my mom will help me and I always have you great ladies on Real Self if I need advice! So a great big thank you!

Came across these two captions

Paid In Full!!!

So there is no turning back now as I have paid in full! I had a bit of an anxiety attack when I was talking to my husband about all the supplies and his duties. Am I doing the right thing? Should I spend the money on something different? What if something goes wrong?? All these things are running through my head.... But my husband calmed me down and reassured me that we live close to the doctor and that no one is forcing me to do this. I can decide not to go through with it. But positive thinking is what I should be doing not think of the things that could to wrong. 34 days and counting!

Supplies

So I have been collecting my supplies for my sweet husband/nurse to take care of me. So what I've got is:

front closing pyjamas
men's large boxer briefs ( I don't want to steal my husband's and I refuse to wear granny panties)
wife beaters (why do we call them these??)
compression socks
front closing compression bras
various compression garments
maxi dresses and skirts (easy on and off)
extra pillows
antibacterial soap
monistat
Maxi pads
Tylenol
gravol (anti nausea medication)
benadryl
bio oil
wash clothes
empty plastic container for nausea
nightlight or (for trips in the dark to the bathroom... nothing is worse than waking up confused and not being able to see where you are.)
thermometer
heat pad
sleep meds
vitamin C
other multi vitamins (vitamin B, folic acid)
pill organizers
antacids
Gas X or Immodium
Moisturizer
Kleenex
low sodium crackers and soup
Jell-O
Fresh fruit
water
coconut water

Don't forget to document your progress through pictures and journals and sharing with everyone on RealSelf!!

Sorry ladies...

I have been away because I was fighting a nasty virus that I needed to get rid of! No anesthesiologist would want to touch me with a ten foot pole. I am feeling much better. Is till have a bit if a cough and sneeze but nothing major.

I also forgot to add a pillow for the drive home to cover your incision sites. Finallygoingforit was asking about drinking coconut water and I heard that it aids in rehydration, digestion and helps with healing wounds. I did end up buying arnica cream but was a little worried about bromelain as I have allergy issues. It is made from pineapple and I sometimes breakout after eating it, so I decided to stay away from it.

I wanted to document my before measurement so I could see how much of a difference there is after.

Bust: 36"
Waist: 33"
Hips: 40"
Weight: 143 lbs

So other than the junk in the trunk, I am shaped like a box. I am hoping to have some waist definition after all this is said and done. I am now down to the teens!!!
19 days and counting!

My recliner... Sort of.

So I don't have a power recliner but I do have a great brand new zero gravity chair that I plan on fluffing with blankets and pillows to make it comfy. This week is going so slowly.

WOW

Last night I couldn't sleep! Worst night ever! All I could think about was why would I tie up all of my family's finances to do something so vain! We alway have a bit saved and now I have taken that and spent it on myself! My husband talked me down this morning and told me that this is something will benefit me and we won't have to stress about financing this surgery because everything is paid for! No more stress! This is my time! T minus 15 days and counting! Happy healing!

Ugh...

So I got my period yesterday... I guess better to get it now than a week from now and having to deal with that AND a tummy tuck/ breast reduction.

I am getting really excited and nervous! It's only six days left! Should I start my colace/ stool softener now? I couldn't hurt could it? I am reading horror stories of the first BM and I want that to go smoothly as possible! (pun intended) with this surgery I feel like I did when I was pregnant with my kids, nesting, cleaning and making sure that the freezer is stocked with stuff my hubby can cook for the kids. I keep going by the mirror and doing things like sucking my stomach to see what it looks like flat or grabbing it and telling it sayonara! I am not sad to see it go!! I just want to be on the other side. It's the anesthetic that makes me nervous . It is such a weird feeling going to sleep and not knowing what happens for 4+ hours! Well that's it for now.

It's happening!

The time has come...

And I am ready. I have finished my last minute errands, got my surgery time and I even managed to get some landscaping and gardening done! I have nothing left to do but have my surgery! I slept quite well last night but I did feel a little nauseous... I can't believe it is tomorrow! I am excited and scared at the same time. God will bring me through this...

Day of surgery

So today is the day and my nerves are shot. Well wishes and prayers are going up. See you on the flat side ladies!!

Well...

I am on day two and I hurt so bad! I have been getting around ok, but this morning I made the mistake of not taking my anti nausea medicine... Big mistake! I have never felt pain like that in my life! I will never forget to take my meds again!

So rewind two days... I got out of surgery and I don't remember much, just my husband kissing me on the forehead. I had my drains in my breasts removed and breakfast served. Before I ate they got me to move around a bit. I sat and had breakfast, which was not so good. My surgery was an hour delayed but it went well. I got discharged yesterday and I just rested. Hopefully I will get in the shower today and get some pics of my work.

Pics

Oh man I am in pain. I went to the hospital this morning because I can feel something stuck in my throat, and I had some shallow breathing. They did an X-ray and also took some blood work just to rule out clots. Everything looks fine so I will just have to wait and see how the next couple of days go. I get my drains out on Wednesday and then maybe I will feel a little better.

Pics

I kind of over did it yesterday. My mom was over and I wanted her to see just how good I was doing... Well I am paying for it today! My abdomen is so swollen. So then of course because we were visiting, I was not I top of my meds so everything suffered... Boy oh boy I learned my lesson. Take it easy and don't try and show off!!

Update so far...

So i have been missing in action for a while because I have had some issues. Friday I headed back to the hospital because I had some wicked wicked headaches and dehydration. I tried to get rid of it with Aleve and Advil and nothing worked. So doctors gave me an IV and some extra strength meds and I have been feeling much better.

As far as my incision is concerned, I am so itchy and I can feel burning in my incision but everything is healing really well. The homecare nurses have been coming for a week now and they are so impressed with my doctors stitching and my healing!

I got my drains taken out yesterday and that was the weirdest feeling ever, but I am so glad that they are out! They were just in the way. I am able to sleep on my side with pillows propped under me, and the swelling is horrific! But i am so happy with how everything is looking. I will keep you posted.

2 weeks

So I have hit the two week mark and I can finally sleep on my side in my bed. I do still wake up really swollen. I sleep with ice packs on my abdomen and breast area. Anything I can take for the swelling? My incision is looking good but it is a bit above my panty line.

Forgot these pics

Saw the doctor

Today and he is giving me the go ahead to resume regular activities. I think I will be prudent and go slow. I am still feeling less than 100% and with the whole boob bleed (read about it in my other review) I am going to go slow. Well at least I have started with my scar therapy. I found some silicone scar strips at shoppers for 18.00. They were 23.00 at target, so good score!! My only concern is that I have a lump above my belly button. Not sure if it is a collection of fluid or a hernia but the PS said he will take a look at it in another month. Happy healing!

Made the four week mark!!

So I happy canada day and happy Fourth of July RS ladies! So busy this last week. July 1st was Canada day and so of course we took the kiddos out to the Parade! My husband was marching in it this year and so a lot of walking was done that day. This was my first real outing and I have to say I felt pretty good! It was hot that day but I managed to take some breaks and drink fluids. By the end of the day there was some swelling but nothing I couldn't handle with some ice and tightening my binder. Lol!

I managed to get my stage two garment on and that beast was right. Tried to wear it out on an all day shopping trip and I couldn't wait to get it off when I got home. I looked really good though...

Last night I went on my first bike ride, and THAT was painful. By the time I got home I could feel my muscles pulling and my back was killing me so I turned in early.

Update so far...

So I can say finally that I am very glad I did this. I have hD ups and downs but today I was out and about for a FIFA party and I was able to wear clothes that didn't hide my body shape. I could wear a fitted shirt and not worry about bumps and rolls. Just that pesky incision on the right side that is creeping up out of my jeans. You know if I wanted everyone one to know about my tummy tuck, I would have told them, but to have this scar that is quite long and visible where there was no scar before.... It just bugs me. I go crazy if things are not symmetrical, so everytime I see it, I want to scream! I want to talk to the doc about that and hope he can do something. I am also hoping that this lump above my belly bitton is nothing as well.

Seven weeks

So this weekend we had a family reunion with my husband's side of the family and it was so nice having everyone compliment me on how good I looked. I usually see this family twice a year so I can only imagine how I will look when Christmas rolls around. Speaking of how I look, yesterday I went to look for a new garment because my binder is getting really ratty. I decided to try on a swimsuit or two... Wow!! Why do they put such unflattering lighting in those change rooms?! The boobs looked good, the incision was a little high but OMG where did the cottage cheese thighs come from. Gotta tighten those things up!! I did find a good waist cincher and it didn't break the bank.

So this morning was my first real workout. Hour long walk followed by a 20 minute strength training circuit. As far as the tummy tuck is concerned, everything looks good. The healing is going well. Incision looks good visually. Just hate the swelling and the high incision. The lump above my belly button is sore like when you pull a muscle. I will be seeing the doctor next week sometime so I will have a better understanding of what is going on. I have a bit of weight to lose as well maybe ten pounds or so.
I took my measurements now that things are calming down a bit.

Bust: 34"
Waist: 31"
Hips: 40"

So from my precious post, I lost 2" on my chest and 2" in my waist. No change in the hips. I love my junk in the trunk!
Dr. Gorman Louie

Dr Louie is a great doctor. To the point and does really great work. If you are looking for someone to stroke your hair and tell you that everything is going to be alright, this is not the man for you. He is a straight talking and gets right down to business. He is caring, and soft spoken but he is not a coddler.

I feel your pain when it comes to those haters. Your main concern is what you want and need. I will have my surgery in March. I've had those same questions thrown at me. I want to feel better about me and that's all that matters. Enjoy your new body and if your friends aren't happy for you, look forward to naming new friends.
You are doing SO well. Congratulations!!
Thanks Nana! I keep looking at your photos and you look so good too!
Thanks! Quite the journey but worth it ... The first week was way tougher than I expected. I got 3 days of painkillers from surgeon. They began the morning of surgery. Don't think they even worked for me. Things definitely got easier once I started the Robax platinum. Post op infection was painful too. Still glad I did it though!
Me too. I missed my anti nausea medication and threw up on day three. OMG I have never felt pain like that!!! I am glad I did the surgery, the only thing i am really upset about is the fact that I can't wear a bikini... That was the reason I did this! But this scar sticks out like six inches outside of my jeans. It's really disheartening.
Any word on what he could do with that high scar?
I am going to see him this Friday. I want to talk to him about that, the lump that still hurts and the fact that he didn't fully close my old belly button. So it looks like I have two!
Thanks for sharing your story.
You're welcome.
I have been following your story... must say u look great. I can only imagine about the scar. That side is very high. U still look beautiful, glad to c u r doing well. Keep up the good work. :)
Thanks summerjax!
You look great! You know one thing my surgeon pointed out to me pre op when I was fretting about scar placement is that nearly all the scars that we see here or elsewhere online are pretty fresh and recent. He showed me a few pics of patients 1-2 years post surgery, one with a vertical scar too and honestly you could hardly see them. It will fade over time for sure. My scar is wonky too, I reckon about an inch higher on one side but I am gonna give it a year before I start worrying about it (then get a tattoo if still looking obvious lol). Following along as I have a bulge above the belly button still too.
I just have zero patience.... I have a friend on my block who had a tummy tuck a year ago and her scar is so minimal. She is white though and so I am a little worried that with my dark skin, it will still be noticeable. I am not a tattoo girl but I maybe have to become one!
Healing is coming along well:-)
Thank you! :)
You look amazing!!
Thanks Jazzy!! :)
Holy man... You are looking AWESOME!!!! Quite an amazing shape & you don't look swollen at all in the photos. ;-)
We'll it was first thing in the morning. I wish it would stay like that!
Soon it will!!! ;-)
Looks good! Swelling sucks! I cannot wait to do my stomach next. Happy healing!!
Thanks mamakis!!
You sound like you are doing great! A lot of swelling is so normal, that's is why it is called Swell Hell ;-) Take it easy, get lots of rest, and please don't over do now that the drains are out.
Happy healing! You're doing great!
Thanks Jenn. Hope you are doing well too!