So I am a mom of two beautiful kids and for almost...

So I am a mom of two beautiful kids and for almost eleven years I have dedicated my time to the two of them. I am 5'2' and 136 pounds. I didn't have very big babies but I was quite small when I had them (115 pounds). I grew to about 160lbs and had two c sections and nursed two babies leaving me with a nice little pooch and saggy breasts. I managed to get my weight down but running with two kids who are busy, working and being a mom and wife have left little time for myself. I am in pretty good health and have worked on getting my tummy flat but nothing worked. I also noticed that my breasts grew instead of shrinking! I went from having a 34C cup when I first got married to growing to a nice healthy 32G! They may be bigger but instead of looking like cantaloupes they have a ski jump look to them. I just want things put back where they were. I have three friends I have talked to who have had tummy tucks and are so pleased with their results. So I have three consults, Dr Gorman Louie, Dr Jonathan Toy, and Dr David Edwards all in December. I have been haunting this website for months now and my first consult is in a week. It feels so real! Now I feel worried that something might go wrong, guilty spending money on something cosmetic. I'll keep you posted.

Pics of me now

I didn't want to post photos at first because I didn't want my photos out on the internet for everyone to see but them I thought this is a site about growth and there are a lot of people out there for support, so here I am.

Postponed consult...

So my firstconsultthatwasgoing tone today has been postponed. So Dr Louie and Dr Toy will be next week.
I'll keep you posted!

Consult with Dr Louie

So I had my consult with Dr Louie this afternoon. My husband came with me to my appointment because he will be my caregiver for my recovery. His office is nice. Clean, slate floors and the place is tidy. After speaking with the receptionist we sat and waited. My appointment was at 11:00 but he did not see me until almost 11:30. Now I had heard the it is a bit of a wait for him, but I can see why. When I did get my turn to see him, he took the time to answer all of my questions and my husband's concerns regarding the tummy tuck. And when I asked him about the breast reduction, which was not a part of the consult, he answered all of those questions as well! He is a quiet man but very articulate and polite. I felt very at ease with him. Now off to see Dr Toy on Thursday.

Consult with Dr. Toy and Dr. Edwards

So my consults with Drs Toy and Edwards went well. I liked Dr Toy because he was younger and did a TT that was drainless. But on the down side he is a very quick talker. So listen carefully. But overall a good doctor, and told me that I could get the results I wanted. I didn't go with him because I felt things were a little rushed with him.

Dr Edwards also was a very good doctor. Methodical and thorough but his timing and my timing did not mesh.

Everything about Dr. Louie's consult made me comfortable. He was very thorough and hands on ( which was kind of good and bad) he drew on me, which was good, but I have never had anyone handle my belly fat like that, not even my husband! His calendar and my schedule line up perfectly. So I have chosen Dr. Louie for my TT and BR! It feels so real all of a sudden!

A Bit Of A Setback...

Sorry it has been so long but I have been trying to nIl down a date for my surgery... But it looks like I am in a waiting game with the surgeons. Frustrating!!!

Finally, a date!

So I booked a date for everything! June 4th! Things are real now! I am really getting excited!

More pics

Just some extra pics I had...

Haters...

Do you real self girls out there feel like you have to hide you surgery from the world? I want to shout it from the rooftops but it is such a taboo subject. I was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago with some really great couples and of course sitting by the pool the topic of plastic surgery comes up. I felt like I was the worst person in the world for wanting to do this! "Why would anyone want to do something so vain?" One girl said to me. She doesn't have one stretch mark to speak of. Or if you do get up the nerve to tell someone they ask you why would you do that to yourself? You have no idea that I have to tuck my skin into my pants. I am so glad I have my husband's support and a few friends who have gotten surgery done so I have people to talk to about it. If I wasn't a stronger person, I probably would have cancelled my surgery date. But I know my husband will be there, my mom will help me and I always have you great ladies on Real Self if I need advice! So a great big thank you!

Came across these two captions

Paid In Full!!!

So there is no turning back now as I have paid in full! I had a bit of an anxiety attack when I was talking to my husband about all the supplies and his duties. Am I doing the right thing? Should I spend the money on something different? What if something goes wrong?? All these things are running through my head.... But my husband calmed me down and reassured me that we live close to the doctor and that no one is forcing me to do this. I can decide not to go through with it. But positive thinking is what I should be doing not think of the things that could to wrong. 34 days and counting!

Supplies

So I have been collecting my supplies for my sweet husband/nurse to take care of me. So what I've got is:

front closing pyjamas
men's large boxer briefs ( I don't want to steal my husband's and I refuse to wear granny panties)
wife beaters (why do we call them these??)
compression socks
front closing compression bras
various compression garments
maxi dresses and skirts (easy on and off)
extra pillows
antibacterial soap
monistat
Maxi pads
Tylenol
gravol (anti nausea medication)
benadryl
bio oil
wash clothes
empty plastic container for nausea
nightlight or (for trips in the dark to the bathroom... nothing is worse than waking up confused and not being able to see where you are.)
thermometer
heat pad
sleep meds
vitamin C
other multi vitamins (vitamin B, folic acid)
pill organizers
antacids
Gas X or Immodium
Moisturizer
Kleenex
low sodium crackers and soup
Jell-O
Fresh fruit
water
coconut water

Don't forget to document your progress through pictures and journals and sharing with everyone on RealSelf!!

Sorry ladies...

I have been away because I was fighting a nasty virus that I needed to get rid of! No anesthesiologist would want to touch me with a ten foot pole. I am feeling much better. Is till have a bit if a cough and sneeze but nothing major.

I also forgot to add a pillow for the drive home to cover your incision sites. Finallygoingforit was asking about drinking coconut water and I heard that it aids in rehydration, digestion and helps with healing wounds. I did end up buying arnica cream but was a little worried about bromelain as I have allergy issues. It is made from pineapple and I sometimes breakout after eating it, so I decided to stay away from it.

I wanted to document my before measurement so I could see how much of a difference there is after.

Bust: 36"
Waist: 33"
Hips: 40"
Weight: 143 lbs

So other than the junk in the trunk, I am shaped like a box. I am hoping to have some waist definition after all this is said and done. I am now down to the teens!!!
19 days and counting!

My recliner... Sort of.

So I don't have a power recliner but I do have a great brand new zero gravity chair that I plan on fluffing with blankets and pillows to make it comfy. This week is going so slowly.

WOW

Last night I couldn't sleep! Worst night ever! All I could think about was why would I tie up all of my family's finances to do something so vain! We alway have a bit saved and now I have taken that and spent it on myself! My husband talked me down this morning and told me that this is something will benefit me and we won't have to stress about financing this surgery because everything is paid for! No more stress! This is my time! T minus 15 days and counting! Happy healing!

Ugh...

So I got my period yesterday... I guess better to get it now than a week from now and having to deal with that AND a tummy tuck/ breast reduction.

I am getting really excited and nervous! It's only six days left! Should I start my colace/ stool softener now? I couldn't hurt could it? I am reading horror stories of the first BM and I want that to go smoothly as possible! (pun intended) with this surgery I feel like I did when I was pregnant with my kids, nesting, cleaning and making sure that the freezer is stocked with stuff my hubby can cook for the kids. I keep going by the mirror and doing things like sucking my stomach to see what it looks like flat or grabbing it and telling it sayonara! I am not sad to see it go!! I just want to be on the other side. It's the anesthetic that makes me nervous . It is such a weird feeling going to sleep and not knowing what happens for 4+ hours! Well that's it for now.

It's happening!

The time has come...

And I am ready. I have finished my last minute errands, got my surgery time and I even managed to get some landscaping and gardening done! I have nothing left to do but have my surgery! I slept quite well last night but I did feel a little nauseous... I can't believe it is tomorrow! I am excited and scared at the same time. God will bring me through this...

Day of surgery

So today is the day and my nerves are shot. Well wishes and prayers are going up. See you on the flat side ladies!!

Well...

I am on day two and I hurt so bad! I have been getting around ok, but this morning I made the mistake of not taking my anti nausea medicine... Big mistake! I have never felt pain like that in my life! I will never forget to take my meds again!

So rewind two days... I got out of surgery and I don't remember much, just my husband kissing me on the forehead. I had my drains in my breasts removed and breakfast served. Before I ate they got me to move around a bit. I sat and had breakfast, which was not so good. My surgery was an hour delayed but it went well. I got discharged yesterday and I just rested. Hopefully I will get in the shower today and get some pics of my work.

Pics

Oh man I am in pain. I went to the hospital this morning because I can feel something stuck in my throat, and I had some shallow breathing. They did an X-ray and also took some blood work just to rule out clots. Everything looks fine so I will just have to wait and see how the next couple of days go. I get my drains out on Wednesday and then maybe I will feel a little better.

Pics

I kind of over did it yesterday. My mom was over and I wanted her to see just how good I was doing... Well I am paying for it today! My abdomen is so swollen. So then of course because we were visiting, I was not I top of my meds so everything suffered... Boy oh boy I learned my lesson. Take it easy and don't try and show off!!

Update so far...

So i have been missing in action for a while because I have had some issues. Friday I headed back to the hospital because I had some wicked wicked headaches and dehydration. I tried to get rid of it with Aleve and Advil and nothing worked. So doctors gave me an IV and some extra strength meds and I have been feeling much better.

As far as my incision is concerned, I am so itchy and I can feel burning in my incision but everything is healing really well. The homecare nurses have been coming for a week now and they are so impressed with my doctors stitching and my healing!

I got my drains taken out yesterday and that was the weirdest feeling ever, but I am so glad that they are out! They were just in the way. I am able to sleep on my side with pillows propped under me, and the swelling is horrific! But i am so happy with how everything is looking. I will keep you posted.

2 weeks

So I have hit the two week mark and I can finally sleep on my side in my bed. I do still wake up really swollen. I sleep with ice packs on my abdomen and breast area. Anything I can take for the swelling? My incision is looking good but it is a bit above my panty line.

Forgot these pics

Saw the doctor

Today and he is giving me the go ahead to resume regular activities. I think I will be prudent and go slow. I am still feeling less than 100% and with the whole boob bleed (read about it in my other review) I am going to go slow. Well at least I have started with my scar therapy. I found some silicone scar strips at shoppers for 18.00. They were 23.00 at target, so good score!! My only concern is that I have a lump above my belly button. Not sure if it is a collection of fluid or a hernia but the PS said he will take a look at it in another month. Happy healing!

Made the four week mark!!

So I happy canada day and happy Fourth of July RS ladies! So busy this last week. July 1st was Canada day and so of course we took the kiddos out to the Parade! My husband was marching in it this year and so a lot of walking was done that day. This was my first real outing and I have to say I felt pretty good! It was hot that day but I managed to take some breaks and drink fluids. By the end of the day there was some swelling but nothing I couldn't handle with some ice and tightening my binder. Lol!

I managed to get my stage two garment on and that beast was right. Tried to wear it out on an all day shopping trip and I couldn't wait to get it off when I got home. I looked really good though...

Last night I went on my first bike ride, and THAT was painful. By the time I got home I could feel my muscles pulling and my back was killing me so I turned in early.

Update so far...

So I can say finally that I am very glad I did this. I have hD ups and downs but today I was out and about for a FIFA party and I was able to wear clothes that didn't hide my body shape. I could wear a fitted shirt and not worry about bumps and rolls. Just that pesky incision on the right side that is creeping up out of my jeans. You know if I wanted everyone one to know about my tummy tuck, I would have told them, but to have this scar that is quite long and visible where there was no scar before.... It just bugs me. I go crazy if things are not symmetrical, so everytime I see it, I want to scream! I want to talk to the doc about that and hope he can do something. I am also hoping that this lump above my belly bitton is nothing as well.

Seven weeks

So this weekend we had a family reunion with my husband's side of the family and it was so nice having everyone compliment me on how good I looked. I usually see this family twice a year so I can only imagine how I will look when Christmas rolls around. Speaking of how I look, yesterday I went to look for a new garment because my binder is getting really ratty. I decided to try on a swimsuit or two... Wow!! Why do they put such unflattering lighting in those change rooms?! The boobs looked good, the incision was a little high but OMG where did the cottage cheese thighs come from. Gotta tighten those things up!! I did find a good waist cincher and it didn't break the bank.

So this morning was my first real workout. Hour long walk followed by a 20 minute strength training circuit. As far as the tummy tuck is concerned, everything looks good. The healing is going well. Incision looks good visually. Just hate the swelling and the high incision. The lump above my belly button is sore like when you pull a muscle. I will be seeing the doctor next week sometime so I will have a better understanding of what is going on. I have a bit of weight to lose as well maybe ten pounds or so.
I took my measurements now that things are calming down a bit.

Bust: 34"
Waist: 31"
Hips: 40"

So from my precious post, I lost 2" on my chest and 2" in my waist. No change in the hips. I love my junk in the trunk!

8 weeks and a couple of days

Hello real self ladies!!

so it is 8 weeks and a couple of day and I feel good. My incision is healing nicely, it is a bit red and itchy but nothing I can't handle. I do have a bit of pain and tugging in my abdomen when I turn or stretch. I think that it is from the connection between my breast and the tummy tuck. I also feel pain when I sneeze and feel extra sensitive when I get shivers, but I'm sure other people do too.

So today I had 8 week appointment with Dr. Louie. Again had a bit of a wait (45 minutes) but he was talking to a mom across the hall who's 13 month old was having cranial reconstructive surgery so I thought I could wait. When he did see me he said that the incisions were healing nicely and that everything was looking good. As far as the lump above my belly button, he doesn't seem to think that it is a hernia or anything. He equated to a pucker or gather when he sewed my two abdominal muscles together. He said it will take time but it should smooth out. I was also curious how much flesh he had removed from my surgery. Half a pound from each breast, a pound of skin from the abdomen and he lipoed 200ml of fat from my upper abdomen and flanks. I have been massaging my tummy as much as possible to help with the swelling and drinking as much water as possible but I find that the summer is so bad for me with weight gain. Summer BBQs, camping, weekend fires and drinks with friends. I have gained almost 10 lbs back from when I started this journey.

After my appointment I decided to go and try on some swimsuits because I didn't have any kids with me, but I am not bikini ready. My boobs don't fit in an XL top and of course my incision is showing on the bottoms. It is so disheartening. My sweet hubby keep reminding me where I was and where I am now.... I just wish a two piece was in my sights. I guess I just have to be patient... :(
Well that is it for now, I will post some pics shortly.

Happy healing!!!

8 week pics

More pics

9 weeks

So I am at the nine weeks mark everything feels good. I still sleep with a pillow between my legs for support. Still quite numb and I am totally obsessing about the lump above my belly button. I feel like it might be scar tissue, but my doctor keeps brushing me off saying it is just the top of my muscles stitched tight. Idk tell
me what you think?

10 weeks and holy crap the swelling!!!

I overdid it... Again

So yesterday was my baby girl's 11 birthday and so we went to the waterpark. I didn't want to overdo it I said to myself before we left. For most of the day I did really good, until I had a little accident. Some of the staff were moving flats of beer on a trolley and I happened to be right next to their path. I thought I was being smart by moving my lounger over to make space for them to get by. Well I must have moved the bottom part of the lounger too far because I went to put my knee on it and it fell right off. BOOM I landed hard on the right side of my stomach!!! First I looked around if anyone saw and then I got up and fixed the chair and righted myself. Well, that alone would probably be enough to bring on the swelling, but add some swimming, three waterslides (including stairs) of course salty snacks and a giant hamster ball thing.... Well you get my drift. I am going to have to jump back on my kale smoothie diet to work this out. So back to being at the 10 week mark. I want to say that I am so over the moon happy about the decision I mad about doing the surgery, but waking up every morning and feeling super swollen and goong to bed super swollen has really got me down... I feel quite sad at times that I have this stupid barrel shape that does not improve... I looked better at the four week mark than I do now... I just want to burst into tears!!! My PS says everything looks good, come back in 6 mos but honestly, I want to call him everyday and say "Really?! This is a good outcome for you?! Everything looks perfect?! I disagree!!!" Man I sometimes wish for my old tummy.... At least it was soft and not hard as Plymouth Rock! For now back to water and smoothies and walking... Maybe this week will get better... Rant over!!

11 weeks!!

So 11 weeks today and I had a bit of a milestone!! I got some
Feeling back in my stomach so finally when I itch I can satisfy the scratch!!! It is so good! As far as progress, the swelling seems to be a bit better. I am going to try and be patient with this whole lump above my belly button thing. I have been doing smoothies and trying to workout but my muscles don't seem strong enough yet. It also doesn't help that I have gained almost 10 pounds since the surgery!!! OMG I gotten get back into my routine! I don't know how you ladies are out there but BBQs, camping, parties and someone else throwing some kind of function just ruins me! And then I get into a "poor me" funk and I have no one to ble but myself I guess. I gotta kick my butt out of this horrible summer holidays cycle.

12 1/2 weeks...

12 1/2 weeks and little change. Still swollen at night, still have the lump aboveboard belly button... I did go for a 25km bike ride and I felt great after. No pulling or pain. Everything felt really good!
Dr. Gorman Louie

Dr Louie is a great doctor. To the point and does really great work. If you are looking for someone to stroke your hair and tell you that everything is going to be alright, this is not the man for you. He is a straight talking and gets right down to business. He is caring, and soft spoken but he is not a coddler.

I have a lump over my belly button too, right after surgery I actually had a crease in my skin from it ( you can click on my review and see the pictures I posted last night of me at 6 wks po) the crease is gone, but not the lump. Is that a ace bandage you used? did it help?
I used a tensor bandage and wrapped my upper abdomen. It helped maybe a little but I think I will just wait it out until the six month mark...
I have mixed feelings as well about having my tummy tuck.. i have to keep looking at my pre op pics to keep me motivated & encouraged. When I think back how my tummy use to look I think I should had went with lipo instead and lived with a whole lot of stretch marks instead of having this swollen hard forgein tummy now. But we have to stay encourgaed & hope for the best... Hopefully a year from here we will not have mixed feelings & be total happy with our results. Just want to let you know you are not alone.. hang in there :)
I got that lump above the belly button too, much worse at the end of the day, it is like my muscles can't hold things in still.. :-/. I do think we have to be patient, sounds like you way overdid it lol!!
I would wait to the six month mark to look at it closer , hard to tell at this early stage ? You do look great doll ! Happy healing
I am so impressed! Keep up the great work. It's paying off no doubt
I will, thanks!!
Hey! You are slimming down.. What a difference each week makes.. Okay let me tell you I have a large bump below my sternum down close to my belly button & thats shhh.. Is annoying. It never gets flat.. The swell goes down but never once I had a crease like others.. I was not fat in that area & my PS keeps telling me its my muscle repair & I'm still swollen.. Girl mines hurt too.. It gets extremely swollen at night..& I get major muscle spasms when I stand after I've been sitting.. I will be getting an ultrasound week 8 to look into it more.. I'm hopefully that our PS are telling us the truth.. Hang in there :)
Typo hopeful
Thanks Brooklyn!!
Hi. I haven't checked in on you recently, and I think you look fabulous. Your scar is lighting and looking very good at only 9 weeks! I just did a side by side scar comparision of 2 months and 4 months, so I think you'll be surprised how much better you'll get in just 2 more months. I too had a lump above my BB, not the same area, but a bit higher off to one side. Yes, it went away. I don't know when because once I quit worrying about it, I simply realized it was gone recently. So, to repeat what you've heard for 9 weeks, be patient. Isn't it hard to keep hearing "be patient". Geez, I hope some of this patience rubs off on me permanently because I could sure use more patience in general lol!
So hard to wait! I just want everything to just fall into place, you know?
I am now 3 and 1/2 months post op. I had the same knot above my belly button and it did go away. I really cant remember how long it took but it did take a while.
I guess I just have to be patient...
You look great. I can't wait to join the flat side.
Thanks Nikki!
Hard to see any lumpiness in photos, to be honest!! You look awesome. :D
Thanks Nana. I guess it's just me being a worry wort.
But this is the first time we did this so how do we know what's normal and not?!?!?!
Exactly!! I can only go by what I see and the fact that there are not a lot of reviews from him on here...
Congrats! You are looking good.. It only gets better. I just started the ice packs.. I'm hoping it helps with my swell and tightness. Do you still have tightness?
I do still have tighness but my compression garment really helps with that. I was using I've for the first month or so. It really helped.
Using ice... Dumb autocorrect
I feel your pain when it comes to those haters. Your main concern is what you want and need. I will have my surgery in March. I've had those same questions thrown at me. I want to feel better about me and that's all that matters. Enjoy your new body and if your friends aren't happy for you, look forward to naming new friends.
Thanks Nikki!!