Doing Something for Me!! Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction - Alberta

So I am a mom of two beautiful kids and for almost...

So I am a mom of two beautiful kids and for almost eleven years I have dedicated my time to the two of them. I am 5'2' and 136 pounds. I didn't have very big babies but I was quite small when I had them (115 pounds). I grew to about 160lbs and had two c sections and nursed two babies leaving me with a nice little pooch and saggy breasts. I managed to get my weight down but running with two kids who are busy, working and being a mom and wife have left little time for myself. I am in pretty good health and have worked on getting my tummy flat but nothing worked. I also noticed that my breasts grew instead of shrinking! I went from having a 34C cup when I first got married to growing to a nice healthy 32G! They may be bigger but instead of looking like cantaloupes they have a ski jump look to them. I just want things put back where they were. I have three friends I have talked to who have had tummy tucks and are so pleased with their results. So I have three consults, Dr Gorman Louie, Dr Jonathan Toy, and Dr David Edwards all in December. I have been haunting this website for months now and my first consult is in a week. It feels so real! Now I feel worried that something might go wrong, guilty spending money on something cosmetic. I'll keep you posted.

Pics of me now

I didn't want to post photos at first because I didn't want my photos out on the internet for everyone to see but them I thought this is a site about growth and there are a lot of people out there for support, so here I am.

Postponed consult...

So my firstconsultthatwasgoing tone today has been postponed. So Dr Louie and Dr Toy will be next week.
I'll keep you posted!

Consult with Dr Louie

So I had my consult with Dr Louie this afternoon. My husband came with me to my appointment because he will be my caregiver for my recovery. His office is nice. Clean, slate floors and the place is tidy. After speaking with the receptionist we sat and waited. My appointment was at 11:00 but he did not see me until almost 11:30. Now I had heard the it is a bit of a wait for him, but I can see why. When I did get my turn to see him, he took the time to answer all of my questions and my husband's concerns regarding the tummy tuck. And when I asked him about the breast reduction, which was not a part of the consult, he answered all of those questions as well! He is a quiet man but very articulate and polite. I felt very at ease with him. Now off to see Dr Toy on Thursday.

Consult with Dr. Toy and Dr. Edwards

So my consults with Drs Toy and Edwards went well. I liked Dr Toy because he was younger and did a TT that was drainless. But on the down side he is a very quick talker. So listen carefully. But overall a good doctor, and told me that I could get the results I wanted. I didn't go with him because I felt things were a little rushed with him.

Dr Edwards also was a very good doctor. Methodical and thorough but his timing and my timing did not mesh.

Everything about Dr. Louie's consult made me comfortable. He was very thorough and hands on ( which was kind of good and bad) he drew on me, which was good, but I have never had anyone handle my belly fat like that, not even my husband! His calendar and my schedule line up perfectly. So I have chosen Dr. Louie for my TT and BR! It feels so real all of a sudden!

A Bit Of A Setback...

Sorry it has been so long but I have been trying to nIl down a date for my surgery... But it looks like I am in a waiting game with the surgeons. Frustrating!!!

Finally, a date!

So I booked a date for everything! June 4th! Things are real now! I am really getting excited!

More pics

Just some extra pics I had...

Haters...

Do you real self girls out there feel like you have to hide you surgery from the world? I want to shout it from the rooftops but it is such a taboo subject. I was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago with some really great couples and of course sitting by the pool the topic of plastic surgery comes up. I felt like I was the worst person in the world for wanting to do this! "Why would anyone want to do something so vain?" One girl said to me. She doesn't have one stretch mark to speak of. Or if you do get up the nerve to tell someone they ask you why would you do that to yourself? You have no idea that I have to tuck my skin into my pants. I am so glad I have my husband's support and a few friends who have gotten surgery done so I have people to talk to about it. If I wasn't a stronger person, I probably would have cancelled my surgery date. But I know my husband will be there, my mom will help me and I always have you great ladies on Real Self if I need advice! So a great big thank you!

Came across these two captions

Dr. Gorman Louie

I can not tell anyone because, I know people judge and they won't understand how i feel about my body. I am so glad I have a site like this to share with other women like myself.
I will say that the comments are something that makes me want to keep this to myself. My husband (obviously), parents and sister know about it, but I plan on only telling other people about it if it's absolutely necessary. I was most worried about telling my mom, but she is super excited for me. I think that my friends wouldn't necessarily say something to my face, but I don't want them talking behind my back, either. I guess if they find out they'll find out after the surgery when their opinions won't matter anymore.
Wish you luck. I am so ready for my tummy tuck and breast lift
Thank you. We will have to keep in contact with each other. Our surgery dates are close together!
I will. I have so many different feelings going on.
Waiting is the hardest part. Was for me but looking back it's all a blur. You should look similar or better than your 14 year ago pic. I told my PS I wanted to be tight as a drum. He pulled in the line above my bb tight too to give me a nice contour plus I got a hoochie lift. Didn't even know I needed one! Own side is the pubes are much higher and I've now been introduced to the whole waxing experience. It was nothing less than excruciating. Take this time to nourish your body with the good stuff. Lots if stretches and squats will help you when you reach the flat side. You're already starting with a great foundation so your results should be instantaneous :))
Thank you for the encouraging words! It's good to be able to talk to people and see their struggles and triumphs. The countdown is on! I have got to get on the treadmill to lose a little more weight before the big day!
Your time will come, it may be slow, a doctor who is always booked is a good indication for me, that many others are seeking his skills. keep positive I will hold seat for you on the flat side :)
Thank you!
You have a great foundation , have you research overseas doctor am from Canada also going in dr .. Good luck!
Picking a doctor is a hard decision! June seems so far away, but it will sneak up very fast! I'm from Calgary and I'm getting my TT on Feb.21! Good luck to us and can't wait to see your results!
Good luck with your decision making!
You look great from what I can see!
We have a bad habit of feeling guilty when we spend money or do something for ourselves. You deserve to feel and look good. Go for it and enjoy the flat side. I know I am :-)
You are so right
Thanks ladies!
I'm glad you reconsiderd!!!
Congrats! I'm sure that you will love the results and be so happy! I haven't posted my pics yet but I'm going to soon. Good luck!
Do what you need to do for yourself, you won't regret it I promise!!! You will do everything in your life better if you feel happy and confident in your body. Best wishes!
Best of luck doll- Your gonna look AMaaaaazing!!!!
I think we all have those feelings. It will be fine doll. I just had my tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo yesterday. Good luck!
It's your time. Don't feel guilty about trying to improve yourself!
Thanks Yue33. I was reading your story and I am on a cleanse right now too. I want to get to 130 but I am 5 pounds away.