8 Days Post Op TT and Breast Reduction. So Glad I Did It! - Edmonds, WA

I am 35 and have four darling kids (5,3 and 2 year...

I am 35 and have four darling kids (5,3 and 2 year old twins). I had all of my kids in 3 1/2 years and my body paid for it.

I am an active person, I enjoy running and working out. I am 5'5" and 140lbs and I have curves, and have been this weight for about a year. I coud probably lose another 10-15 lbs, but I know my stomach and my large breasts wouldn't get much smaller. I had a wrinkly stomach and stretch marks on my tummy.

I starting talking to my husband last year about the possibility of getting a TT and a breast reduction and he was on board. I researched doctors and found out about others who had gone through the same thing. It was amazing how supportive and encouraging most people were, especially when they saw my tummy. I hid it well and very few knew how bad it was.

Well...today I am 8 days post-op tummy tuck and breast reduction. I am already so glad I did it! I am swollen and sore, but can already see a HUGE difference! I still have a ways to go on the recovery, but it is worth it!

I am so thankful for this site. I realized that I am not alone in all of this, and really my story isn't much different than anyone elses and am so glad we are in it together.

I am posting pictures from 3 weeks 2 days post-op....

I am posting pictures from 3 weeks 2 days post-op. I am doing well. I had lots of swelling and some redness a week ago and was on antibiotics, which helped a lot. At the end of that time, a lot of puss came out of my incision, which actually relieved a lot of the swelling and pressure. I have to remind myself to take it easy because I feel good. Once the swelling is down, I think I will be even happier with the results.

I love my breasts! They are smaller and perky! I don't even have to wear an underwire and they have healed up really well.

Sorry these pics aren't the best.

I am 6 weeks post op now. Things are going really...

I am 6 weeks post op now. Things are going really well and my swelling is going down. Still have some, but am taking my binder off part of the day now too. My upper abs still get really swollen and are tender, but that is really the worst of it right now. I had two parts of my incision that at 2 1/2 weeks opened up and puss came out. They are both healed now and I think you won't be able to tell on the incision where it opened up after a couple more weeks. Starting back at the gym next week, slowly but surely.

Love my new breasts! They look great and am going to find some new bras very soon! Able to fit in my jeans, but it hurts at the incision so I wear spanx underneath so it won't rub. Probably going to be a few more weeks before I can wear them comfortably.

Thanks for all the nice notes!

It has been 7 months since my surgery. I am still...

It has been 7 months since my surgery. I am still so glad I did it! I have learned a lot through the process. I think I expected (although I know it isn't true) that once I had this surgery, I would be small and not have to work out or do much to keep it up. That is just not true. Although I know longer have the wrinkly stomach I had, or the large droopy breasts, I still have to run to keep off the weight. It tends to go to my hips now, but I know that if I continue to work out and do the things I was doing prior to surgery, I will look and feel better.

I went on a shopping spree a few months ago, and was able to buy the same size tops and bottoms (mediums or smalls). I used to always have to buy Large tops and medium pants to cover my belly and and large breasts. I feel much more comfortable now in my clothes and am buying size 4 dresses now too!

Looking at my before and after pics reminds me to keep working out and make the surgery worth it. I don't want to let myself go and then act as though the surgery never happened.

I am posting my before and 6 month post surgery pics including my breasts. Not totally comfortable showing my breast photos, but figure someone out there may appreciate it.

Good luck to you all on this journey and God bless!
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Dr. W has been in the business for over 20 years and knows his stuff. He is realistic and listens to your desires and is honest about what the results will be.