8 Days Post Op TT and Breast Reduction. So Glad I Did It! - Edmonds, WA

I am 35 and have four darling kids (5,3 and 2 year...

I am 35 and have four darling kids (5,3 and 2 year old twins). I had all of my kids in 3 1/2 years and my body paid for it.

I am an active person, I enjoy running and working out. I am 5'5" and 140lbs and I have curves, and have been this weight for about a year. I coud probably lose another 10-15 lbs, but I know my stomach and my large breasts wouldn't get much smaller. I had a wrinkly stomach and stretch marks on my tummy.

I starting talking to my husband last year about the possibility of getting a TT and a breast reduction and he was on board. I researched doctors and found out about others who had gone through the same thing. It was amazing how supportive and encouraging most people were, especially when they saw my tummy. I hid it well and very few knew how bad it was.

Well...today I am 8 days post-op tummy tuck and breast reduction. I am already so glad I did it! I am swollen and sore, but can already see a HUGE difference! I still have a ways to go on the recovery, but it is worth it!

I am so thankful for this site. I realized that I am not alone in all of this, and really my story isn't much different than anyone elses and am so glad we are in it together.

I am posting pictures from 3 weeks 2 days post-op....

I am posting pictures from 3 weeks 2 days post-op. I am doing well. I had lots of swelling and some redness a week ago and was on antibiotics, which helped a lot. At the end of that time, a lot of puss came out of my incision, which actually relieved a lot of the swelling and pressure. I have to remind myself to take it easy because I feel good. Once the swelling is down, I think I will be even happier with the results.

I love my breasts! They are smaller and perky! I don't even have to wear an underwire and they have healed up really well.

Sorry these pics aren't the best.

I am 6 weeks post op now. Things are going really...

I am 6 weeks post op now. Things are going really well and my swelling is going down. Still have some, but am taking my binder off part of the day now too. My upper abs still get really swollen and are tender, but that is really the worst of it right now. I had two parts of my incision that at 2 1/2 weeks opened up and puss came out. They are both healed now and I think you won't be able to tell on the incision where it opened up after a couple more weeks. Starting back at the gym next week, slowly but surely.

Love my new breasts! They look great and am going to find some new bras very soon! Able to fit in my jeans, but it hurts at the incision so I wear spanx underneath so it won't rub. Probably going to be a few more weeks before I can wear them comfortably.

Thanks for all the nice notes!

It has been 7 months since my surgery. I am still...

It has been 7 months since my surgery. I am still so glad I did it! I have learned a lot through the process. I think I expected (although I know it isn't true) that once I had this surgery, I would be small and not have to work out or do much to keep it up. That is just not true. Although I know longer have the wrinkly stomach I had, or the large droopy breasts, I still have to run to keep off the weight. It tends to go to my hips now, but I know that if I continue to work out and do the things I was doing prior to surgery, I will look and feel better.

I went on a shopping spree a few months ago, and was able to buy the same size tops and bottoms (mediums or smalls). I used to always have to buy Large tops and medium pants to cover my belly and and large breasts. I feel much more comfortable now in my clothes and am buying size 4 dresses now too!

Looking at my before and after pics reminds me to keep working out and make the surgery worth it. I don't want to let myself go and then act as though the surgery never happened.

I am posting my before and 6 month post surgery pics including my breasts. Not totally comfortable showing my breast photos, but figure someone out there may appreciate it.

Good luck to you all on this journey and God bless!
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Dr. W has been in the business for over 20 years and knows his stuff. He is realistic and listens to your desires and is honest about what the results will be.

Thanks for posting an update Dreamarie. Those of us still waiting or in the early stages of healing love to see the updates and know that things will get better. You look great!
Thanks SassyMomma and good luck to you, you will be so glad you did it! :-)
You look great! I love hearing and seeing Picts later on in the recovery process! I'm sure you are loving the smaller you and I'm sure that running without the jiggly tummy and extra big breads maxes such a difference in the way you feel! I know I'm looking forward to running without always being worried about pulling down my shirt and seeing the roll in the mirrors.
Thanks! Yes, running with out the jiggles, is really nice! When is your surgery? I have a goal to run a half marathon in June. It feels good to be out running again! Good luck to you and thanks for the comment!
Yea i am... And ur pics, we werr close before pic. So I'm....im olny 3 weeks so i know theres more to come!!
Nice i cant wait until swelling stops!!
Yes, I know the swelling really stinks. :-( Your recent pics look great! You must be so encouraged by that even with the swelling!
Just posted new pics at 6 weeks post. Things are going really well, I hope it is for the rest of you ladies as well!
Thanks so much Mommy of 5! You are a busier Mom than I am! :-) I am really happy with the results, slowly getting back to life now that I am 6 weeks post, hoping to get into the gym next week. God bless you as well!
Your results are phenomenal! I hope it's everything you hoped for:).. My kids' ages are similar plus twins as well.. 7,5,3 and 1 year old twins.. Busy times but how great to be able to better enjoy our bodies:)- especially our hubbies;). Well jut wanted to say you look amazing! Hope all is wonderful!
Godbless!
Your results look great!!!
Thank you!
congrats!!! thanks for talking with m, the closer it gets the more i am on here. if ibug just tell me i am ok with that.
I now weigh 135, which I am happy with. You are similar to me. I think your results will be great. I saw your befores and you are all tummy.
Nope. lol i am way shortier ok not way, but i am 5'2. do you mind me asking what your weight is?
Yea i wanted to be at 125 before surgery but thats not going to happen, but i am ok with that. alot of the girls on here loss a few pounds during recovery so ill get to the weight i want soon!
girl, i am visiting your review again today, i sure hope i get great outcome ike you have. our tummy look close. how tall are you if you odnt mind me asking. just seing if we have the same stats.. i guess i am getting excited. sorry if i bugging..lol
You are not bugging at all. :-) I am 5 ft. 5. I saw that you got down to 130 lbs, that's great! I actually have lost 5 lbs since my surgery, which I am happy with since I am still so swollen. You are going to look great!
i cant wait...
your tumy looks like mine alittle.. i hope i look great like you do now!!!
Thank you 3/24/11! You will be amazed at the difference! I am two and a half weeks post op now and each day it gets better. Sometimes the swelling is discouraging, but I wouldn't trade that wrinkly, stretched out tummy for anything! :-) Your surgery is only 5 days away, exciting!
you look great!!! please keep us posted! Congrats!
I am jealous!!!! I joking told my hubby today that I wanted to get a reduction. He said "oh my, I don't know if I can handle another surgery." Meaning caring for the kids, me and doing the housework for one week and sending them to day care for two weeks. It makes mornings crazy and his commute over an hour to and from. I said " not now, but for my 40th". That will be in three years. I am glad to know the recovery isn't as long as the FTT. That is definitely good to know. This has been a little hard on me because of the limitations and the fact that I get so tired so quickly.

I am on my own next week too. I will be 3 weeks PO, so hopefully I will be ok. My hubby took one week from work and we sent the kids to day care for two weeks, which is waaaay expensive. My only concern is the lifting thing too. I am not supposed to lift for another two weeks at 4 weeks PO. My only issue is getting them into bed for naps

I will let you know if I have any questions or if I decide to door sooner than waiting. Thank you!!!
Sorry.... That should say do it sooner than later. I have no idea where door came from. Haha!
Same here, it was fairly easy, minus my size. I did have a little scare at 30 weeks, which put me on bed rest, but otherwise, everything went well. I was so huge towards the end I could barely walk though. I have a boy and girl, she was 7lb 3oz and he was 6lb 10oz and both very healthy. My size is 34DDD and I would love to go to a C cup. I would also like to go the route of using my own tissue, without implants. Maybe in the next couple of years, I might go ahead and do it.

Hope you had a great lunch yesterday. I am attempting the grocery today with my husband and kids. That should be an exhausting experience.

Do you have any help with your kids?
I went yesterday to get a couple bras w/o underwire to wear just to hold me together a little. And it looks like I am a 34C or 32D, so that is great! I am really happy with that size.

If you end up wanting to get a reduction, I'd be happy to talk to you about my experience. They look really strange at first, but each day looking more "normal". And the recovery is nothing compared to the TT! :-)

Yes, I definitely have help with my little ones. My husband took the first 3 days off, and then my Mom has been here the other days. I have my Mom through next week and then I am on my own. I think I will be fine though, just need to be careful with lifting etc. How about you, have you had help?