Converting a Mis-Advised Mini TT into a Full Tummy Tuck on February 4th 2013 - Edmond, OK

PLEASE, PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND GET AS MANY...

PLEASE, PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND GET AS MANY OPINIONS POSSIBLE!!! I had a Mini TT done this past July 2012 at the cost of $5000. I had the Mini TT because this is what my surgeon recommended. I am now lopsided and still lots of skin, wide scar. My surgeon has recommended we do more lipo. The doctors here on Real Self recommended I get a second opinion before I do anything. I actually got 7 other opinions and all surgeons agreed that I should have had a Full TT. I will be proceeding with a Full TT on February 4, 2013 with a new surgeon.

My original surgeon is willing to convert me to a Full TT at no cost for his service and I would only pay surgical center charges. I have decided to go with one of the surgeons that gave me another opinion even though I will be out $7500 instead of about $2000. This whole process has been very fustrating. The things I wish I would have known before hand are most people need Full TT. Have several consultations from as many surgeons that you can. Ask ALOT of questions. Let the surgeon know exactly what kind of results you are looking for.

Example if when you have on jeans and you sit down and your skin overlaps the top of your jeans and you want this gone show them what you are talking about. I was told when I had the Mini TT that I would have stomach contouring, lipo, and the love handle area greatly reduced. I still have the love handles, puffy stomach, loose skin and a wide scar. My original surgeon did not tell me a lot other than the Mini TT would do what I needed done, maybe I was unclear to him. The surgeon I have choosen to go with was very, very clear on what he would do, and asked me a ton of questions on what results I am wanting to achieve. Explained all the procedures that would take place and what I can expect. I will also send one night at the surgery center and will be place in a binder that more advanced and is very different from the one I had the first time. This has been very difficult since I could be to my original surgeon and save some money, but I do not feel I would get the best results if I go that route. My gut feeling is to go with the new surgeon since I feel so much more confident in the new surgeon. Again my advice is please do your homework it will help you in the long run and save you a lot of money. I consider this my $5000 mistake.

I have also found that the following items will be most helpful when you get home are a walker, a raised toilet seat and either a lift recliner or the contour body system cushions. I did not have these the first time around but I have them for the next time.

I will keep this updated as I get closer to my surgery date. I was not nervous at all the first time, but this time I am really nervous. I assume this is normal considering my circumstance.

Feel bad for you! It will get done right this time. I too thought I only needed a mini tuck but 2 different docs advised me otherwise. Still waiting to pull the trigger. Good luck to you. Keep us posted!!
Wow, I'm sorry u had to endure such an experience. I don't get some of these dr. I would rather the dr do his job the right way. If we agreed on one thing but when u open me up and see its not gonna give me what I want or the best results, give me the full TT and explain this to me when everything is over. Money doesn't grow on trees. Good luck and have faith.
Hi hun, it will be done right this time! Stay positive and thanks for sharing you experience. Can't wait to see what I know is going to be awesome post op pictures with us!

It's the night before my Tummy Tuck and I am...

It's the night before my Tummy Tuck and I am really anxious and nervous. I have to be at the surgery center at 10AM and surgery is set for 11AM. I have everything set up here at home for when I come home on Tuesday. I will post an update on Tuesday.
Good luck tomorrow! Even though its easier said then done try not to be nervous. I was so nervous and now thinking back i laugh at myself. I was uncomfortable after surgery but had no real pain. You will see how fast time goes by too. Can't wait to hear your po story and pictures.
Good luck!
I'll be thinking of you. Good luck tomorrow! :)

It's 4 days since my surgery and so far so good....

It's 4 days since my surgery and so far so good. What a difference another surgeon can make all the way around. I spent one night at the surgery center very well worth it. My surgeron injects a 3 day numbing medicine and wow it really works. When I had my mini TT back in July from a different surgeon I was more sore sooner. Hopefully I can post some pics this weekend,.
Glad ur doing very well!
I'm glad your feeling good about your surgery. Happy healing :)
Glad you're doing so well! Are you feeling sore yet? Hope your healing is quick and easy :)

Its been six weeks since I converted my mini tummy...

Its been six weeks since I converted my mini tummy tuck into a full tummy tuck and it was worth every penny of it. I am very very happy with my results. I am as flat as a board and I hear it will only get better. I was so impressed with the new PS I chose to do my full tummy tuck. So much more informative and does things so differently from the PS that did my mini. One week after my full TT I had the drains removed and was told I could start massaging the areas. Week 2 after my surgery my 4 sutures were remove, Glue was used to close my incision all except the 4 sutures. I was told I could use the exercise ball to roll over my back and stomach. I was also told at week 3 to start using maderma. Week 4 I was start on a silcone gel strip to be worn over my scar for 12 hours a day. The binder I am wearing goes from below my breast to mid thigh. All of this is new to me since when I had the mini tummy tuck I was told none of this. I did wear a binder but it was waist only and velcroed shut, very flimsey. I have attached pictures from today...
Your results look great! I am five weeks PO, and I am swollen like a wet breadstick. I hope to get to where you are at soon!
You look awesome! Your surgeon did a great job!
Good for you. Sounds like you certainly earned it! Best wishes for continued healing :)
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

After interviewing 6 other PC's in OKC area.