Going for Punch Excision/Silikon-1000

I have posted a review on Fraxel Re-Store and I...

I have posted a review on Fraxel Re-Store and I had an okay outcome with it but I still have about 12 very tiny hole on my face that I can't stand! I am having the cut out through excision and I am also getting silicone microdroplets and than another laser after all this is over. Thoughts??? Anyone do this and have good results?

ME -before

---

1.12.13

Hello :) When will you be having your procedure?
it was done already :) 1.15.14

1.16.13

Well, I got the procedure done! Not fun.... this is what I look like today. I will have the bandages taken off in a week
Ouch, sounds like it was painful...can you tell us a bit more about the procedure? How long did it take, how painful was it on a scale of 1-10, how long is the estimated healing time. You can go ahead and just update your review with that info :)

Thanks
Eva

Procedure

The Procedure was a bit nerve-wracking. It hurt and I was scared. It wasn't fun and I wouldn't recommend it if you can't handle pain! I would give the pain about a 5 out of 10

Letting the bandages breath

Nervous tonight

Anxious but waiting for skin to heal ! I'm getting the stitches out tomorrow :)

1.21.14

Healing has begun :) Im so excited.... its already looking better

Next Steps

Planning on Fraxel Repair in about 2 months followed by another round silicone...... This is going to be quite the adventure! Hopefully I heal up before Summer

Storm caused me to cancel my appointment

Still have my stitches in . Boo

Recommended Procedure!

I would recommend this procedure if you are younger , because you need to be able to heal from it!!! It looks as if its going to be a success :)
Please continue to post. I think your outcome would help inform many people who need this. It doesn't say what state you r from. Where did u find your doctor that gives silicone because that is a real area of expertise, not many doctors like to deal with silicon since it is permanent.
Not comfortable putting my doctors name out there but I will definately continue posting updates on my healing process :)
Thank you. What state r u in?

Post Removal of Surgery Stitches

1.25.14

1.25.14 (Midday)

So, I am definitely excited to report that my ice pick scars are gone in the areas that were excised. I now am dealing with areas that are pink and some small marks that I believe will be very easy to cover up with makeup. Had an appointment with my doctor, I am going to let the area heal until 4-1-14. I will hopefully than have a better idea of what needs to be done next. The silicone Really helps- I cant believe what it does to the skin. It makes it look very "smooth and poreless." I'm not sure if I will get more silicone but I am considering it :) I know I want to get a few Fraxel Restores or a Repair done. I am applying medical grade Vitamin E and bio oil to the area 3 times a day. So happy I work from home :) Its healing well. I don't think I'm going to risk getting anymore excisions at this point, 90% of the ice pick scars are gone and I think fillers will fix the rest! I think if you have bad scarring, excision is a good first choice, followed my lasers, and/or fillers! I've spent a lot of money of Fraxel but they can't remove the steep marks and indentations of an ice pick scar, so if you have ice-pick, I do believe this is the best choice. I tried cross-method and it made my scars worst, so I don't recommend that procedure. Feel free to write to me with questions or comments!

PS! THIS IS VERY HARSH LIGHT :) You are seeing the very worst of the scars that I have right now, and they are much better than before.
Awesome news!! Thank you for your update and keep us posted on your progress.
I just want to echo what you said about Fraxel...I spent $4000.00(I live in New York) for one procedure and I did not see any difference. I went to an award winning plastic surgeon so that certainly was not the problem. It just doesn't work for most people and especially for pitted scars. Thank u for the feedback about cross method, I did not know that. Looking forward to your pictures in the future.
Express If you post a pic or send me a picture I can help you better

So I was thinking last night

I just want to let people know more about my thoughts on this procedure. It is not for everyone. If you want to just get excision done and think it will look okay immediately, I wouldn't recommend it.
It helps with the dark shadows and textural issues immensely though! You know when your really digging your skin and than you step out into sunlight and your like, Yuck?! This procedure helps with the dark shadows in the sun and you aren't nearly as self-conscious as before. It smooth's the pore area and the holes aren't present.
This procedure will leave a light scar on your skin, and I'm struggling with it as we speak but I know it will take more time (And money) to get the desired look.

I will not go for any more excisions. If I could do anything, I would go for a fat transfer and than 2 fraxel restores followed by a round or two of silicone and I believe I would be truly happy.

Its probably the next steps for me.

I want everyone to know I do like the excision and if you want my doctors name you can inbox me but its not for light scarring, its for deep scarring and you need to have patience with it....

Counting the days until 4.1.14 :)

1.26.14

1.27.14

Breaking out a bit from the Vitamin E

1.28.14

Noticing textural changes, for the good. Face looks better in harsh lighting, just some discoloration that I'm hoping will fade in time!!!! Definitely going for a facial in a few weeks and going to go for Fraxel RE-store
Looking better and better Victoria. How did u decide to go for Fraxel Restore out of all your options?
Restore is good for Italian skin ! Ill start Fraxels in about 2 months
Well, since I am of Italian descent also I would be interested to know why. Thicker skin? oily?

8:30 pm

Can't wait for the redness to fade

Its getting better

1.31.14

IMPORTANT UPDATE

I think Excision is better for more virgin skin. IE= skin that hasn't been fraxeled or altered yet! Just My Opinion

One side is perfect !

Thanks for sharing your experience. The pictures are so helpful! I was considering TCA cross for a small boxcar scar on my cheek but your comments really have me thinking twice. How big were the punches you got? My scar (well, the boxcar one anyway...not like there is just one scar on my face) is about 1mm in diameter. Did the punch make any scars worse? Many thanks!!
Ice age send me some photos I'll make a recommendation for you. My scars were small... If you are a non smoker go for excision plus subscision/fat transfer
Looks like that one side healed beautifully. You must be very happy.

UPDATEEE

HERE ARE MY PHOTOS TAKEN TODAY... MUCH BETTER... NEXT APPOINTMENT COMING UP THIS MONTH
70% improvement.. Some areas turned put better than others

********UPDATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *************

SECOND ROUND OF SILIKON-1000 , THIS TIME DOWN BY THE FAMOUS DOCTOR ERIC JOSEPH!!! FANTASTIC! YOU CAN REALLY SEE THE DIFFERENCE. HOPE FOR 1-2 MORE ROUNDS AND ILL BE ALL GOOD TO GO :) I AM VERY PLEASED AND THRILLED FOR SUMMER TIME .....
punch makes it worse but you can than get them fraxeled and filled

harsh light

This is very harsh light... The other was softer. I'm not making it up. Real changes :)
I've done several rounds of silicone injections for acne scars myself, and I suggest waiting more than the 1 month intervals that are usually recommended. Sometimes the collagen production can lag, meaning that it can suddenly grow larger after a couple of months. It takes patience to wait 2-3 months since everyone wants to correct their acne scars as quickly as possible, but trust me you don't want to risk overcorrection and lumps.
Your correct. . How was your experience?

3rd Silkone Treatment

I just went for my third round of silicone today and all I can say is wow. Really major improvement. Will do a few more this year. Pictures to follow

My phone is odd

I'm going to take more photos tommorrow in different liggt

6.18.14

3rd round

Going for fat transfer next month

Hey everyone

I started this journey in hopes to help ppl like myself. I tried to do a lot of research but I was very hasty with my decision s... I spent a lot of money on lasers.. do not do lasers first. Do them last. To anyone that has pitted scars I recommend excision plus subscision. .. than fat transfer than lasers. It's a process. It's going to cost a lot of money but find a reputable doctor and tell them exactly what you want. I can give you guys recommendations as needed . And good luck on your journeys
Thank you for all the info you have reported to us. Can u pls tell us the difference btwn excision and subcision?
Hey express.. excision is direct removal of the scars and subscision is a gentle needle that does under the skin and breaks up fibrous bands of scar tissue and flattens out the scars
Oh thank you Victoria, that helps a lot.

7.3.14

Finally got a great picture... no makeup..... there is some redness still ;-)

Results speak for themselves

I'd say 60% improvement overall. What do u think ? No makeup.. harsh light.
You are the best judge as pictures don't do u justice. I can only compare to your original photos and unfortunately I am unable to see that much of a difference. In fact it is so deceiving that your BEFORE pictures look a bit better. That being said YOU are the one that knows your face intimately and truly knows what the difference is. Thank you for taking the time to post to help others in your same situation and best of luck in all u do.
My before definitely don't look better. Sry. Keep the negative thoughts to yourself. In fact.. don't post on my thread anymorw. Thank u

went back to my surgeon

Getting 2 more fraxel to take care of the redness! Can't wait
When do you go for your Fraxel treatments, would love an update.
I decieded against putting getting more fraxels.....I think my skin has taken a beaten and its time to slow down. I am taking care of my skin. Getting the fillers has been an exceptional experience for me though !!!!!!!! I love my doctor and he has changed my life for the better. I'm eyeing fat transfers... oh how I wish I was a millionaire :( haha
Don't we all :) You look great - thank you for keeping your review up to date!

I took a picture No Filter

Heres my skin, no filter up close... I wish I had a before picture for you guys to see. The difference is amazing. I do have some redness and roughness, I am still healing 6 months post op. I got another round of Silikon-1000 this Tuesday . The silicone has filled the excision scars by at least 70% and filled up the pores around the scars. I am still using trentinton .1 % and vitamin A daily, plus Noxema Wash and taking a multivitamin. Oh, and this is my right side ( the more scarred side) I am very pleased with the results and with makeup and its almost a non issue for me now. I am going to try to continue with getting a few chemical peels and fillers and gradually my skin will smooth out even more :)

HIGHLY RECOMMEND SILICONE TO ANYONE WITH SCARS!!!

please contact me for more info
Where did u do that
Edison, NJ

My Experience is going great! Doctor and staff are wonderful and I am healing up very nicely! I can't wait to see the end result