Going for Punch Excision/Silikon-1000

I have posted a review on Fraxel Re-Store and I...

I have posted a review on Fraxel Re-Store and I had an okay outcome with it but I still have about 12 very tiny hole on my face that I can't stand! I am having the cut out through excision and I am also getting silicone microdroplets and than another laser after all this is over. Thoughts??? Anyone do this and have good results?

ME -before

---

1.12.13

1.16.13

Well, I got the procedure done! Not fun.... this is what I look like today. I will have the bandages taken off in a week

Procedure

The Procedure was a bit nerve-wracking. It hurt and I was scared. It wasn't fun and I wouldn't recommend it if you can't handle pain! I would give the pain about a 5 out of 10

Letting the bandages breath

Nervous tonight

Anxious but waiting for skin to heal ! I'm getting the stitches out tomorrow :)

1.21.14

Healing has begun :) Im so excited.... its already looking better

Next Steps

Planning on Fraxel Repair in about 2 months followed by another round silicone...... This is going to be quite the adventure! Hopefully I heal up before Summer

Storm caused me to cancel my appointment

Still have my stitches in . Boo

Recommended Procedure!

I would recommend this procedure if you are younger , because you need to be able to heal from it!!! It looks as if its going to be a success :)

Post Removal of Surgery Stitches

1.25.14

1.25.14 (Midday)

So, I am definitely excited to report that my ice pick scars are gone in the areas that were excised. I now am dealing with areas that are pink and some small marks that I believe will be very easy to cover up with makeup. Had an appointment with my doctor, I am going to let the area heal until 4-1-14. I will hopefully than have a better idea of what needs to be done next. The silicone Really helps- I cant believe what it does to the skin. It makes it look very "smooth and poreless." I'm not sure if I will get more silicone but I am considering it :) I know I want to get a few Fraxel Restores or a Repair done. I am applying medical grade Vitamin E and bio oil to the area 3 times a day. So happy I work from home :) Its healing well. I don't think I'm going to risk getting anymore excisions at this point, 90% of the ice pick scars are gone and I think fillers will fix the rest! I think if you have bad scarring, excision is a good first choice, followed my lasers, and/or fillers! I've spent a lot of money of Fraxel but they can't remove the steep marks and indentations of an ice pick scar, so if you have ice-pick, I do believe this is the best choice. I tried cross-method and it made my scars worst, so I don't recommend that procedure. Feel free to write to me with questions or comments!

PS! THIS IS VERY HARSH LIGHT :) You are seeing the very worst of the scars that I have right now, and they are much better than before.

So I was thinking last night

I just want to let people know more about my thoughts on this procedure. It is not for everyone. If you want to just get excision done and think it will look okay immediately, I wouldn't recommend it.
It helps with the dark shadows and textural issues immensely though! You know when your really digging your skin and than you step out into sunlight and your like, Yuck?! This procedure helps with the dark shadows in the sun and you aren't nearly as self-conscious as before. It smooth's the pore area and the holes aren't present.
This procedure will leave a light scar on your skin, and I'm struggling with it as we speak but I know it will take more time (And money) to get the desired look.

I will not go for any more excisions. If I could do anything, I would go for a fat transfer and than 2 fraxel restores followed by a round or two of silicone and I believe I would be truly happy.

Its probably the next steps for me.

I want everyone to know I do like the excision and if you want my doctors name you can inbox me but its not for light scarring, its for deep scarring and you need to have patience with it....

Counting the days until 4.1.14 :)

1.26.14

1.27.14

Breaking out a bit from the Vitamin E

1.28.14

Noticing textural changes, for the good. Face looks better in harsh lighting, just some discoloration that I'm hoping will fade in time!!!! Definitely going for a facial in a few weeks and going to go for Fraxel RE-store

8:30 pm

Can't wait for the redness to fade

Its getting better

1.31.14

IMPORTANT UPDATE

I think Excision is better for more virgin skin. IE= skin that hasn't been fraxeled or altered yet! Just My Opinion

One side is perfect !

UPDATEEE

HERE ARE MY PHOTOS TAKEN TODAY... MUCH BETTER... NEXT APPOINTMENT COMING UP THIS MONTH

********UPDATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *************

SECOND ROUND OF SILIKON-1000 , THIS TIME DOWN BY THE FAMOUS DOCTOR ERIC JOSEPH!!! FANTASTIC! YOU CAN REALLY SEE THE DIFFERENCE. HOPE FOR 1-2 MORE ROUNDS AND ILL BE ALL GOOD TO GO :) I AM VERY PLEASED AND THRILLED FOR SUMMER TIME .....

harsh light

This is very harsh light... The other was softer. I'm not making it up. Real changes :)

3rd Silkone Treatment

I just went for my third round of silicone today and all I can say is wow. Really major improvement. Will do a few more this year. Pictures to follow

My phone is odd

I'm going to take more photos tommorrow in different liggt

6.18.14

3rd round

Going for fat transfer next month

Hey everyone

I started this journey in hopes to help ppl like myself. I tried to do a lot of research but I was very hasty with my decision s... I spent a lot of money on lasers.. do not do lasers first. Do them last. To anyone that has pitted scars I recommend excision plus subscision. .. than fat transfer than lasers. It's a process. It's going to cost a lot of money but find a reputable doctor and tell them exactly what you want. I can give you guys recommendations as needed . And good luck on your journeys

7.3.14

Finally got a great picture... no makeup..... there is some redness still ;-)

Results speak for themselves

I'd say 60% improvement overall. What do u think ? No makeup.. harsh light.

went back to my surgeon

Getting 2 more fraxel to take care of the redness! Can't wait

I took a picture No Filter

Heres my skin, no filter up close... I wish I had a before picture for you guys to see. The difference is amazing. I do have some redness and roughness, I am still healing 6 months post op. I got another round of Silikon-1000 this Tuesday . The silicone has filled the excision scars by at least 70% and filled up the pores around the scars. I am still using trentinton .1 % and vitamin A daily, plus Noxema Wash and taking a multivitamin. Oh, and this is my right side ( the more scarred side) I am very pleased with the results and with makeup and its almost a non issue for me now. I am going to try to continue with getting a few chemical peels and fillers and gradually my skin will smooth out even more :)

HIGHLY RECOMMEND SILICONE TO ANYONE WITH SCARS!!!

please contact me for more info

My Experience is going great! Doctor and staff are wonderful and I am healing up very nicely! I can't wait to see the end result

When do you go for your Fraxel treatments, would love an update.
I decieded against putting getting more fraxels.....I think my skin has taken a beaten and its time to slow down. I am taking care of my skin. Getting the fillers has been an exceptional experience for me though !!!!!!!! I love my doctor and he has changed my life for the better. I'm eyeing fat transfers... oh how I wish I was a millionaire :( haha
Don't we all :) You look great - thank you for keeping your review up to date!
Hi victoria.. firstly the reason why some people may state they see no difference , is primarily because they expect way too much from scar surgeries.... From what I see, your skin looks really healthy and nice especially on your left cheek .... However, it does look a wee bit damaged yet on the right one.... yet lesser than earlier .. as in the difference is definitely higher on the aesthetic end My right cheek suffers as well with ice picks - way too many , box scars, rolling scars and a knife cut scar about 1 inch in width across the cheekbone .. it looks really damaged My left cheek is really smooth and there are like 3 pitted ice picks here which actually stand out really bad because of how smooth my skin is I live in dubai, i am lighter skinned indian and actually have skin about a shade or two lighter than yours , or perhaps around the same I have heard of subcision here and not excision. What do you suggest I do ? Please do help. I am being realistic and need some decent amount of improvement and not some super smooth skin . I don't like it when some people say i look like a bad ass because of the scars
I don't know... you should probably consult a doctor :-))
Raul, Everyone is different. I got a little annoyed at him I know.... my skin is still healing and it's looking better everyday. I think everyone needs to understand fraxel is only part of the solution. Not the answer. Ice picks need to excised from your face.
Some people can't get subcision. I couldn't... you should try to consult with a plastic surgeon. But excision and subscision plus fillers/fat transfer are definitely a good route for acne scarring if your in good health :)
Also, I think ExpressThanks was noticing that my scars are tiny to begin with.... but they annoy me as well. For someone with larger scars, excision is PERFECT!!!!!!!!! I took a large risk with my skin and thank god its getting better and I'm happy :):)
Hi Victoria, I'm curious as to why you say some people can't get subcision. Do you mind sharing the reason behind it?
I am not sure... Some ppl aren't candidates. I wasnt..
Hi Victoria. I just wanted to say that I am happy u have had improvement. I think ur skin looks great (i wish i had ur skin). I also wanted to warn you about fraxel. Please be careful and take into consideration the side effects it causes. I was told they were rare when in fact they about 1:300 and the side effects are literally life changing. I am not the same person I used to be. Please just reconsider. U can check my review out and see what happened to me. PS I had beautiful skin prior to laser...just a few minor imperfections. Now I have a face full of acne like scars and fatloss, sagging creepy skin. My lips shrunk, sag and lost pigment around the edges and I am 27. Also, our olive skin tones should not be getting lasered in the first place....we scar worse from it. Shame on the greedy scum doctors who don't even bother to mention this to us. Anyway sorry for rambling. Take care and good luck with everything.
Thanks and I know! I found a great plastic surgeon over 2 hours away from my house. He has recommended a vampire facial, plus chemical peels and no fraxel....... I think I'm just going to leave me face alone and let it do its thing from now on. im sorry for your problems........ hope it gets better
did you try fat transfer?
Have u tried a fat transfer? I haven't but plan on it in the near future I am going to try accutane to fix the texture of my skin and try to restore some of the collagen and elasticity I lost after the laser. Don't know if it will work but u have no other choice really. Then I would like to try fat grafting and fillers.
Accuntane I thought was acne ?
They say fat transfer works amazing....check this out:
Yes it is for acne and hopefully it will help with the post laser acne I now have. I had beautiful skin prior that's been ravaged by the laser. I have acne like I never had in my life before...hundreds of clogged pores. I guess they are called comedones. I have sagging porous looking acne scarred skin now. I just left work crying today and it's been 8 months for me now. It won't stop. My lips are loosing pigment and burn now as well. Idk how all of this is continuing 8 months later but I am tired of living like this. It truly is hell on earth to have this happen to u. Accutane has been known for shrinking pores (i don't know if that's perm) and restructuring the skin and there have been a few ppl with laser damage that say that accutane has helped them so I was going to try it.
Awe ;-((( I'm so sorry. I hope it gets better. Accutane is drying to your skin. Maybe you should try fat transfer. Those white pimples will pass. They won't stay forever
Good luck with the Fraxel treatments!
You are the best judge as pictures don't do u justice. I can only compare to your original photos and unfortunately I am unable to see that much of a difference. In fact it is so deceiving that your BEFORE pictures look a bit better. That being said YOU are the one that knows your face intimately and truly knows what the difference is. Thank you for taking the time to post to help others in your same situation and best of luck in all u do.
My before definitely don't look better. Sry. Keep the negative thoughts to yourself. In fact.. don't post on my thread anymorw. Thank u
Thank you for all the info you have reported to us. Can u pls tell us the difference btwn excision and subcision?
Hey express.. excision is direct removal of the scars and subscision is a gentle needle that does under the skin and breaks up fibrous bands of scar tissue and flattens out the scars
Oh thank you Victoria, that helps a lot.
I've done several rounds of silicone injections for acne scars myself, and I suggest waiting more than the 1 month intervals that are usually recommended. Sometimes the collagen production can lag, meaning that it can suddenly grow larger after a couple of months. It takes patience to wait 2-3 months since everyone wants to correct their acne scars as quickly as possible, but trust me you don't want to risk overcorrection and lumps.