5 Weeks Untl my Tummy Tuck, Breast Life and Lipo. - Edina, MN

I am 37 years old and a mother of three boys ages...

I am 37 years old and a mother of three boys ages 17,12,and 3). I am finally going to get a Tummy Tuck and hopefully get rid of most of my stretch marks. I am schedule for Febuary 10, 2011. And I am scared to death. I hate my stomach almost all my stretch marks are from my first child. I have been so unhappy about my stomach for 17 years now that I can't believe I am finally going to get a Tummy Tuck. I have also choosen to get a breast lift with some lipo on my inner thighs. I have read so many blogs on other peoples experiences with their tummy tucks that I am expecting the worst but hoping for in return its all worth it.

Ok only 2 more days until my tummy tuck. The...

Ok only 2 more days until my tummy tuck. The anxiety is starting to hit. I am hoping I will love and be happy with my results. Thank goodness my husband will be home with me for 10 days after my surgery to take care of me. I will keep everyone posted once the surgery is over.

Hello! Well is has been 13 days post-op since my...

Hello! Well is has been 13 days post-op since my tummy tuck/lipo and breast lift. I would have to say it wasn't the worst pain in the world but the first few days I did really wonder why I did this but by day 7 I am so glad I did. I am no longer on pain meds. Once in awhile I will take some Ibuprofen but otherwise I feel pretty good. I am not completley walking straight but pretty darn close. I must wear my compressions or I wouldn't be able to walk at all. They sure do give you the support. I am still swollen and hopefully that will go down soon. My stomach is so tight. Its such a strange feeling I can't really explain unless you have had this procedure done you may know what I am talking about. I haven't tried any of my jeans on. Just been wearing sweat pants. I thought I would wait a few more weeks for more swelling to go down. I hope I fit in them and don't have that muffin top. I am so excited for summer to come I have been looking at some swimsuits that I thought I maybe able to wear but would have never bought in the past. I am excited to see how my clothes will fit and look on me now. I am so happy I just got a breast lift and didn't get the implants. I think my breast look 100 times better than before the lift. My PS did an amazing job. I am still very bruised where he did the lipo hopefully that will be gone here by next week it is starting to heal but too slowly for me. I just want to get back to doing my normal activities I am a very active person so these last few days have been getting to me not being able to do a whole lot. Well I will post more has the days and weeks go on and let you all know how I am doing. Thanks!

Can I ask who you went to? I live about 5 hours from Edina, but my brother lives there. I am looking at making a couple appointments for consultations in the area and I would like some suggestions. Thanks
Hello Honolulu232, I think day 5 and 6 I was in a lot of pain because I got my pain pump out on day 5 not sure if that why. My pump did last that long which I was grateful for. I just got really emotional and my husband said I would cry for no reason. I was just really down and kind of depressed and very irratable. I only was nausea on day 2 becasue I took the vicodine on a empty stomache with a muscle realaxer don't do that. Make sure you always try and eat something if you take the vicodine. I quit taking the vicodine after awhile because it made me feel light headed and tired all the time. Well good luck on March 8th you will be happy with the results. Last night I tried a pair of my jeans on and I looked at my stomach and couldn't believe there was no stretch marks and it was flat. I was so happy! Keep us posted on how you are doing. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.
Thank you so much! I'm 8 days post op and feel great (except I can't stand up straight) I didn't have the pain pump, but was on pain medicine for two days. I'm very swollen, but can still see a huge difference in my stomach! When were you able to stand up straight? Thanks again!
MRW1973,

What was hardest about day 5 & 6? Did you experience any nausea? I'm having a full TT with abdominal reconstruction March 8th. Thanks for posting!!
Well I am about 90 minutes from Edina and having my abdominoplasty with lipo (hips, thighs, lower back) done on March 30th and I also am very nervous. My husband won't be around much and I have an 8 year old to take care of and have planned for just a week and a half off of work as I don't want anyone to know what is taking place. I have been wanting this for many years. From having had my son at a late age and the skin having been stretched and then sick for a few years and losing weight very fast in a short period of time and then gaining it back and then getting sick again and losing my stomach area is terrible even though I workout 4-5 days a week - my ps in Edina sounded wonderful and made me feel quite comfortable. I have anxiety so I am sure it will be at an all time high the day this takes place. Anyone else had surgery in Edina would be great to know - any reassurement is a plus.
Hello! I just had my tummy tuck with breast lift done on feb. 10. And I am so pleased. The recover time has been ok. The first 3 days I don't remember to much with being on pain medication. I would say day 5 and 6 were my hardest day. But by day 7 I was no longer on my pain medication except some Tylenol and Ibuprofen my Dr. said I could take. I love my results I received from Edina. My Dr. was awesome and I felt well care for while I was there. You will love your new tummy you will be swollen though. I am almost 2 weeks and each day a little more swelling goes down. I have to wear the compressions otherwise I can't walk straight. I get really tired easy though throughtout the day. Just listen to your body and get a lot of rest when you can. My husband has taken on alot with our 3 boys and doing the housework so I don't do it. I started doing some of the work this week but I don't want to over do it so I but my recover back longer. I return to the PS on Friday so hopefully he will let me do more activities since I am feeling up to it. Well hope your surgery goes well which it will and you will be so glad you did this for yourself. Talk care! MW
My husband was home for 10 days, too. It made a world of difference for me. You will find you can do stuff for yourself before the 10 days is over, but it is so nice to have someone there. Best wishes for surgery/recovery!

If I am remember ing correctly I think Sunshine had a lift without implant??
Good for you! I had an extended tt w/ lipo (abs, waist, saddlebag areas/hips and thighs) with muscle repair in early Sept. I am 18 weeks out and couldn't be more pleased. My surgeon is truly gifted -- the best! Since you are from Edina, I am curious if you might have the same ps. Not all top-notch ps are noted on this site. You can email me privately --would be happy to share more detail on my ps and his staff and my personal journey.
Hello everyone! Thanks for the posted and encouragement. Only 24 days pre op and getting really anxious as the days get closer. My PS is Dr.Philbin. I really like him and feel very comfortable him doing my surgery. I am really torn about my breast lift though. I am wondering if I should get a lift with implants. I am happy with the size I have now 36C but I was told I could loose a whole cup size bringing me to a B then. I just want the breast to go back up North instead of going south. So with the lift I no I will achieve that. But my husband says if I get a small implant that I would get the fullness and they may look better. Not sure what I should do. Did anyone else just get a lift without implants and if so are you happy with the results?

Hello mrw and welcome to RealSelf!

You are getting the works!  Good for you and I know you will love the results.

It feels absolutely wonderful to get the breasts lifted off the waist and the double muffin top removed.  I also hated my tummy for years and so glad I did all of this.  The pain you go through is so worth it in the end.

A little "Nip, Tuck, Lift and Lipo" makes a woman feel good.

I look forward to seeing your before and after pics and also reading your posts.  Keep us up to date.

You know the saying: Hope for the best but prepare for the worst? In this case, as long as you've chosen a good surgeon, I think you can expect the best. (We'd love it if you'd provide us with the name of your surgeon, by the way).

Have you seen SpeedRacer's Tummy Tuck review? She's from Edina as well.