Hi, I am a mother to 3 girls, 10, 8, and almost 3....

Hi, I am a mother to 3 girls, 10, 8, and almost 3. I have struggled with my weight since puberty. At my heaviest I was 260 pounds in 2011. I am now down to 168-172. I am 5'6" tall, and I tend to gain my weight all over. With my last child I decided I would get a tummy tuck if I could lose weight and stick to an eating plan. It's been 2 years now and maintenance of 1 year. So I have booked and paid for my surgery. I am SUPER SCARED of the recovery and outcome because you never know if you will like the end results...you know?

So I am have an extended tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo of abdomen, flanks and waist.

I will attempt to post a current pic of my gross belly soon.

5 weeks and 1 day...counting the days

I am using Real Self to document my experience for myself and for anyone who wants or needs to hear someone else's story. I am counting the days now. I have my recliner, $50 on craigslist!! Woot woot! I keep hearing this is a must have item for recovery. Feeling anxious and impatient, but while swimming at the Y this morning I am truly enjoying being able to move my body free of pain. It will be so hard to not workout while recovering. Also thinking about being so sedate while in recovery, will I gain weight back?? Ugh!
Hi. I just saw your comment asking about taking time off and you noted that you had a desk job and were taking 2 weeks off. I'm letting you know that today is day14 PostOp for me. I had a full TT and muscle repair. My TT was on a Wednesday and I was back on Thursday. So off for only 6 day. I probably would have went back earlier except I didn't want to go in with my drain. I also sit at a desk -- so please feel free to ask me any questions. One thing I can say is that you really should be moving every hour from the moment you get home. I did that and by day 3 I was able to go to the store. Don't wallow in your pain. Try to keep the pain medication to a minimum so that you are less drowsy. I stopped taking my pain medication by day 2 I think. Also, I ate very light meals. Lots of water. NO SALT. Salad type stuff. Broiled plain chicken. You won't have an appetite anyway for the first couple of days. You don't want to deal with bathroom issues. Pain medication is binding. My first poop was a BITCH lol. Another reason to try and use as little as possible. Also, try to lose as much weight as possible now. If you can exercise everyday before the operation, do it. Also, I lost 6 pounds that first week. Haven't gained it back yet. Good luck!

Before pics

Here are some pics I took today. I need to also take a pic sitting down which really shows how floppy my belly is.
I'm excited for you! No worries about recovery. I had all sorts of problems (probably stemming from chronic pre-existing conditions), but it's like childbirth - easy to forget. I can say that stool softeners should be eaten like CANDY. You can't take too many. As for your question as to gaining weight back, I've lost 19 pounds and counting since day of surgery and didn't have near that removed. My appetite just never came back (except for about a week) and I'm not tempted by food anymore. I did, however, eat like a hog from around days 3-10 with no gain. I would probably not expect a stellar and fast recovery like MunchkinMM, but you're fit and young and will do GREAT!!
Thank you for the advice. I will try my hardest to move through the pain. With all the storms here lately it has been hard to get to the Y these past 2 weeks. But I usually go 4 times a week. I eat well 4 days a week and relax the other 3 days, and that has allowed me to maintain my weight very well. But when I'm recovering I realize I can't workout so I will need to rethink my weekend eating habits :) My PS told me I can't drive for 2 weeks!! So that's why I'm taking 2 weeks off from work. But maybe he's being overly cautious??

Current measurements

Waist under ribs at smallest point: 32"
Around belly button: 39"

I desire a 28" waist at the natural waist line, and it would be awesome if around my belly button it could be 33"?? Not sure what's realistic because I have had this pooch for so long and I also have to consider my bone structure too I suppose.

Chubby chaser man

Anyone else's man desire you at your heaviest? I met my s.o. almost 5 years ago and I was around 215 pounds!!! He loved every roll, and inch of my chunky body. I got pregnant at 244 pounds, and was 260 by delivery. When I started losing weight he would comment about missing my old larger body. I was a size 18 at my heaviest weight. I hated it. I ignored his comments and kept moving forward. But let me say this too, I actually do think a curvy, slightly plumper frame is attractive on a woman, so I told him I wouldn't get skinny, bony, or too thin because I just wanted to get to be able to shop for clothes on the normal side of the store and not the damn plus size section!! Now I am a comfortable 10/12 size Large shirt sometimes a medium and a size Large dress, also sometimes a medium or size 10 or 12 dress. It all depends on the designer or store.

Anyways he thinks my tummy tuck is silly but he supports me. I told him it's the muscle repair that is so awesome because that is what really gives you a better shape after all the skin is removed.
He might be overly cautious. I drove to my followup visit 2 days later. I was a little stiff, but feeling fine. I drove again on day 6 to do some food shopping. And on day 7 I drove for my one week appointment. On day 8 I went back to work -- more driving. I felt fine. Only issue was getting in and out of the car. It wasn't hard, but in the those early days, it's easy to stiffen up. I still stiffen up. If I'm sitting at my desk for a few hours, I have to sort of unbend slowly. That's why moving around is so critical. I literally was walking in circles around my bedroom the first couple of days. And changing positions and chairs. 5 minutes every hour -- and then increasing to 10 minutes every hour. And when I walked, I was concentrating on standing straight. That's one of the toughest things to do. I'm so excited for you!! I'm in NY and was greatly affected by the snow. Where are you?
I am in MN, polar vortex, ice, blizzards, and horrible wind lately. No fun here. I am really ready for Spring weather.
Good for you! Waiting is the hardest part. I live in MN too and am having mine done in Edina. I'm finally doing it on Monday. A week behind when I originally was getting it done but that's ok.

Surgery date change

So this is not a huge deal, but just got a call from the PS office and they are changing my surgery date to Friday April 4th. Not a big deal or change, but I was kind of hoping to have that extra day of recovery. PO day 3 will be Monday the 7th, which scares me, because I will be home alone Monday. Maybe I should have my mom stay with me Monday in case???
Today is po day 3 for me and I could handle being alone today if necessary. I can get up and down and go potty by myself. I can get myself something to eat and I'm walking upright at about 90%. You might want to ask your mom just in case but know you'll probably be fine. My mom is going to be "on call" foot me tomorrow just in case.
Okay, yeah I asked her and she said she thinks she can be here. Either way I think I will survive :) I have a friend who can come too if need be.
You are gonna get great results!! I can tell just from your body shape! Good luck on your journey to the flat side!

Nerves, concerns, life...

I have been full of nerves lately, and on top of that just dealing with crap. My van needed a new radiator, my water pipe busted in my basement, and now since my doctor is on maternity leave I have to have another doctor fill my birth control rx, and they are acting like it's a problem!!!

Here's the issues, my doctor is awesome, she has been there with me since my last child was born. She is super gentle during a pap, and even did a LEAP procedure on me on 2011. So I keep putting off my annual exam which prevents me from get my birth control pill! Ugh!! Sucks because I need it to prevent my hormonal acne, and I have PCOS. My fiance has had a vasectomy so getting pregnant isn't an issue. I am more concerned about getting my hormones thrown off. Just irritated right now.

Correction from above post

Oh and I have been putting off the annual pap because she is on maternity leave, even though I know I will need to see another doctor. I also get super scared the pap will show abnormal cells again, and I will need another colposcopy (spelling?) and maybe even another LEAP!! I worry too damn much! So my annual is actually scheduled for after my TT just in case. I don't want anything to prevent me from having my TT on the scheduled date. Which leads me to the preop exam...freaking out, what if my blood work shows something is wrong, what if they don't approve me?!! Oh geez, I just want it to be April 4th with the surgery completed and I'm home safe.
Breathe.....all will be fine. I was nervous about the pre op and everything was good and I had that whole week before and got everything done so I felt prepared and then boom....sicker than a dog 2 days pre turned into a sinus infection and there went my original surgery date. But then all worked out in the end.....so it'll be ok.
Yes I do need to just breathe and relax. I think when other things are going wrong I tend to then worry more about my upcoming prep appointment and surgery. I will feel so much better once it is all over with.
Yep you sure will. I thought about canceling hundreds of times but just kept plowing ahead. Then I paid for the procedure and I knew for sure there was no backing out.

Stage 1 vs. Stage 2 garment

I know the doctor will send me home in a simple cg that wraps around my midsection but should I be purchasing a stage 1 cg from somewhere or should I just purchase a stage 2 garment?? How long do I need to wear a stage 1 and how long do I wear a stage 2? Hope someone knows the answers :)
It will be there before u know it, I promise. Your tummy is like my old one ;) I know u r excited and nervous at the same time. But please don't torture yrself by being too nervous cuz the surgery seems like only a second. U sleep and wake up! So just be calm and let it be. I was nuts so just don't be lolz
Thanks, yeah I am now just wanting it to be the surgery day so I can get it over with :)
I thought id be sent home in the plain Velcro wrap around, but the only way my Dr would have done that is if I was between sizes and a full suit wouldn't work. Congrats you are almost there! Best wishes and time will fly!

TT party

So I am sick right now with a sinus infection or an upper respiratory infection. I did an online e-visit and the doctor prescribed amoxicillan. 10 days worth of medicine 3x day...ugh! I have not told my PS because I do not want to reschedule. I will be done with the antibiotic the 25th, which is the day before my preop exam, so I should be okay. I will talk to the doctor at my preop about the antibiotic.

Anyone have a TT party before they had their surgery? My PS said no alcohol within a week of my TT. So I plan to go out this weekend, Friday, to celebrate my upcoming surgery and enjoy one last night out before the surgery woo hoo!! If my preop exam goes well then I plan to take the kids to Nickelodean Universe at the Mall of America the following weekend the 29th as a way to get out with them, move around, go on rides and enjoy being healthy before I'm hunched over recovering.
U r brave. I told only my best friend cuz she was a main one to take care of me....and of course hubby. That is it
I have been telling everyone! I can't keep my mouth shut when I have exciting news :) all my co-workers are happy for me, plus if I come back to work still exhausted or hunched over I want them to understand. I am going bowling Friday, I really want to enjoy my strength now while I have it.
You'll be fine I had gotten my sinus infection 2 days before had to reschedule. Saw a Dr. and I got put on amoxicillan for 10 days my ps was fine with it. I just continued it after my surgery and then had to move onto the antibiotics that he prescribed to me. Just make sure you eat yogurt. My hubby and I were on a snowmobile trip with some friends a couple of weeks before mine. I had some drinks I just didn't over do it and made sure when we got back it was lots of water and super healthy foods. I also think its a great idea that you do something with your kids before hand.

Healthy eating, ItWorks!

So I know what to eat, just not the best at always choosing well. But I hear about many women on here choosing to do smoothies and protein shakes after surgery since your appetite tends to lower. Anyone try the ItWorks! brand? They offer greens powder and protein powder. A friend of mine sells it and I was thinking of maybe trying it. I saw one woman on here who used their body wraps on her arms, I was thinking of doing that too. Just thought I would see if anyone can vouch for the flavor of the greens product and protein shakes.
You will look wonderful! You are smaller already so you'll be really flat, I'm 8 wheels post, and I'm now wearing Marena stage 2. I like stage 1 better b/c the side hooks and eye, and zipper never disturbed incision. And cut out for going pee. Love it, I wear it to work and take it off when I get home. I just started taking it off at nigh about 2 weeks ago. Ask anything I'll be glad to help!
Thanks I sure hope I love my results :) I was going to purchase the stage 2 Marena because I heard stage 2 is tighter and will help better with the swelling and shaping of your waist, but I am not sure if that is true. I am getting so much info from RS, but I also know we are all individuals and will go through our recovery with varying issues and results.
I don't know about other drs opinions but mine is conservative and doesn't allow me to take any vitamins or herbs at least 2weeks prior to the surgery cuz will might cause thin blood and complications, so be careful with the powder things....not approved by scientific or FDA

TT Incision

I have been thinking more about the placement of my incision, and how I have seen so many different placements on women. I know it depends on the body of the woman sometimes, and also the amount of skin and fat she has, but just was thinking about that. I want mine as low as possible, as most women do, but what if the PS does it too high?! My nerves are a little high at the moment about this. I have also though about getting a tattoo to cover the incision if I do not like the placement, but I feel like if I tell my PS to make it as low as possible, and as tight as possible he should listen. I was going to call the PS office next week and bring it up, and see what they say. Just feeling a little bit like I have NO control over what the PS chooses to do while I am sedated.

Update on TT Incision

Okay, so I called the PS, because I just couldn't wait until next week. I know he is super busy today with surgery, and he only has one assistant who answers his phone, but he answered! :) Anyways, he said he works as hard as possible to place the incision as low as possible, but it is also dependent on the woman's body, so pretty much what I was thinking! I am a spaz right now, brain is going at a 1,000mph thinking about everything.

BBL and Isosensuals

Okay so I am on this RS site too much because I am seeing all these beautifully shaped women who got TT, lipo, and BBL in the Dominican Republic and WOW!! These women are gorgeous! Now I am thinking about having a BBL some day in the future, obviously far in the future, like 2 years....sigh. :( wish I could win the lottery. Anyways, as much as this site is a blessing I think it is also a curse, it really makes me look at ALL my imperfections.

I have also looked into Isosensuals which is a butt cream. I don't want a huge unrealistic looking butt, just more projection and roundness. So for $150 I thought I would give it a try for 6 months and there are so many positive reviews on amazon about it. I am a true believer in every one of us can see change using different products it all depends on our own personal biology. It works for some people while others see no change. And this can go for many different products. And I may not see any changes in my butt after trying Isosensuals but I thought it might be worth a try before going for surgery. I don't know...maybe I'm just being stupid. 2 years is a long long way away. So I suppose I should wait until 2016.

Pre Op Exam tomorrow

How long does it usually take to get your results from the preop exam? I am going in tomorrow morning, and I would rather not have to go around for too long with a nervous belly waiting to hear the good or the bad.
It takes a day or two to get pre-op results. I know what you mean about this site making you want more surgery - but you don't need a BBL! Look at my side view. Enough said, right? Now THATS no butt! Being so nervous and overthinking everything could negatively impact your recovery so just relax. Your surgeon will do what's right during surgery (a good surgeon will have lots of before and afters demonstrating incisions right at pubic line) and you have to trust him. Good luck!
Yeah my PS told me that my results are based on my own body and that his incision will be low. Still worried of course. I just want to have good preop exam results. Hopefully I will know by Thursday...wishful thinking :)
Your surgery date will be here in no time. Being on that side of the journey, waiting for the date, it seems it will be forever. But looking back, it goes by really fast. I totally understand the worry if being sedentary during recovery, that is my biggest worry. But I'm now 7PO and honestly haven't even thought about it. I'm sure the desire to move will increase the more I feel better. I'm now just taking the time to heal, rest and be proud if the small milestones like walking 1block. We don't want to mess with the final results. We've paid enough money, pain, stress to get to that point. Good luck on your surgery.

Pre Op Exam

I am waiting for the doctor to come in for my pre op exam! Aaaahhhhh! Here are some updated pics of me sitting down, hunched over, it looks better when sitting with good posture. Who am I kidding! It looks horrid.

Pre Op Results

Woooooo hoooooo!!! All is well. I am so happy :) I plan to celebrate this small hurdle. My hemoglobin is 13.5, which is great. So now it's the waiting game game.

NERVOUS!!!!!

Oh my God! After reading some negative reviews, horror stories, revisions, I am starting to worry about my results. I am a week away from my surgery and I am feeling like running away hahahahahaha! Seriously though, AAAAHHHHH!!! Just super scared. I do not want a revision in my future, I just want to love my results. I have already come to terms with the idea of having more lipo in the future to achieve a better shape, but I first want this flabby belly gone, and once it is gone I want to heal, get back into my workout routine, and then in a year or two look into more lipo if I still want it. Just scared and nervous today.
Hey, I am also thinking to add some Lipo to TT on 16th April , I will have flanks and belly Lipo with TT but thinking I might add Lipo to inner tights side. Wanted for arms and under, but it's too much to pay at the moment, as I had Lipo all over few months ago and it was the same price as I pay now for TT with Lipo :) but my next target is to fix boobs :))))
Yeah the lips my PS just comes standard with his TT, he does lips to upper and lower abdomen, and flanks. I could have had inner thighs done, but I didn't want to spend the money. Yeah my next thing would be a brazilian butt lift but my man is not going for it, he's not too happy about the TT, he's only accepting it because he can see what 3 pregnancies and weight loss has done to my belly. An arm lift would be nice too hahahahaha!
lipo* not lips geez!

Corset

So I decided to buy a waist cincher, and I found the Ann Chery 2025 and it has great reviews. I figured I could wear it starting around 4 weeks??? I am not sure when to start to be honest. I still need to get a good compression garment for after I am done with the thing the PS puts on you after surgery. Or maybe I can start wearing the Ann Chery garment sooner then I think. I don't know. It's all very confusing to me.
Well it should be hard if he is against TT but it's good he understands u need it. My husband is ok with my decision for TT , thou he said he loves me like this, but we all know that having slim nice belly before children and jelly belly after , it's a huge difference, so I want to be confident again about myself. My parents are against it , also I am going to stay in their house. But I have paid a part for TT so no one can say anything ;) hahahah
Yeah it sounds like we are in the same situation. He loves me no matter what. He met me when I was heavier so he doesn't care that my belly is jiggly :)

Amazon order and Suggestions please

I went ahead and purchased Arnica Montana pills and Bromelain from Amazon for healing. I keep seeing these items on other people's RS reviews. I am trying to think of anything else I may need so if anyone has any suggestions for healing faster let me know please. I have decided I will not purchase a stage 2 garment until I speak with my PS at my first post op appointment. I need to see what my measurements are first. The corset I bought had so many reviews that said buy a size up so that's what I did with that one, I sure hope it fits and helps my body shape while I'm healing.
You're going to look great after your tt.
I sure hope so. I have been reading about what some women have gone through and it just saddens me and worries me. I don't want messy work :*( I really appreciate all the kindness I am shown on here. I just pray that if I do need any kind of revision that my PS is willing to see his error or misstep and correct it without argument. I need to calm my fears. Thank you for saying I will look great after my TT :) I sure hope so.
Hi! You'll look great after TT, don't worry about it, just take care of yourself which helps a lot re a healthy recovery. All the best!

Revision

I want to put this on here now before I have my TT. We pay a lot of money to have our bodies altered and I think a quality human being would see their error and want to correct it. A good PS gives their patient the best results they can. I want to send out my thoughts to the women on here struggling with their results. I know there is swelling, and sometimes our incision is too high or our bb looks funny. But if there is an actual need for more skin or fat removal or there is a dog ear or a bb that needs fixing the PS should just do the work, smile, be kind and appreciate that they have an important job to perform and that this job pays extremely well! I pray, hope, and just out it out their in the universe now. Please let my PS see me as a human being who deserves respect, acknowledgement, and concern and if there is a need for any revision no matter how big or small that he will acknowledge me and be willing to revise his work free of charge or at least have me only pay the anesthesiologist who is not at fault for a PS error.
My PS is being awesome about my revision. And it wasn't really his "fault" per se, it was just my body being annoying and reacting poorly - his work was beautiful. As for garments, I do wish I had a stage 2 garment with a zipper - nothing hurts those love handles like Spanx rolling tightly down them many times a day! I do think the corset will be the next after the post-op garment - my personal experience with cinchers though, was that, while appropriate, they hit the incision area or rolled up to it upon sitting (even the boned one I got!) and don't put pressure on the Mons area which you will probably need, so your PS is likely to recommend something with a full bottom. You are gonna do GREAT! No worries!!
Thank you! Yeah I spoke with the assistant at my PS office today and they told me they will provide me with the wrap around compression garment which I need to wear for 6 weeks. I decided to buy a zippered compressions garment just in case, because I want to have another option. I am also going to buy an abdominal board to put on under the compression garment.

Nerves are high again, more confusion

I got a call from my PS office and they said they did not get the fax from my clinic of my pre op appointment results which of course heightened my nerves.

They told me they will be giving me a wrap around garment that I will need to wear for 6 weeks. But I bought a different cg, I will post a pic, that I was hoping to wear starting after my drains are out. I want to get the ab board to wear under the cg I bought too. So I am confused about the cg thing again! I hear from all you beautiful TT vets that those body cg's work wonders with an ab board, and then a corset for later after you feel your original cg is too loose. Compress, compress, compress!!! This is what I keep hearing. Just seems like the simple wrap around cg wouldn't be tight enough?
Best of luck!! WOW you've done a great job losing weight!! My hubby always also said he didn't mind me being overweight, he liked it, he said I looked like a real woman ( crazy, huh? lol)... but anyway when he realized how much it was affecting me he was totally supportive to go for a TT... The last faja you posted it, I would think it twice before buying for myself because of where it ends , I bought one similar to that one before ( different brand) and it was very uncomfortable. It would cut right at the top of my thighs and even burned my skin ( I have always had very fat thighs so maybe that's why). Maybe you don't have that problem but wanted to mention it just in case, post-op you will be so uncomfortable the best you can do for yourself is choosing garments that fit as comfortable as possible ( none are fully comfy lol ) but they do work great shaping your hourglass figure post-op so totally worth putting up with wearing them. BEST OF LUCK!!! You will do great!!!
Thank you, and you look so awesome post op! :) Yeah I already bought it. I hope it's okay. If it doesn't fit right I can always return it. Or maybe alter it if it digs into my thighs.
I just wore my compression garment that the surgeon gave me. It was a Marena. I got another one when I went into my first post op so I could be washing one. I haven't been wearing it all that much over the past week. I'm just going to see what he says about it when I see him in a couple of days. I know he did tell me that it was alright to not be in it all the time and I would feel when I could start not wearing it. I've been just following his advice. I figure he's done it enough times.

Almost there, come on Friday!

I have been eating like a pig this past week. My nerves have been high and I want to enjoy sodium and naughty foods to my hearts content before I have surgery and my appetite drops, plus I don't want to swell up like a balloon after surgery and I know salt will be awful! Just eating and eating, enjoying moving my body and being around my family in good health :) I am ready for Friday! Oh and my stupid amazon order of Arnica and Bromelain won't be deliver for another week!! So Thursday I will be off work and getting them from the store.
Ty.. and good luck. Your going to do great! Can't wait to see your results.
Thank you! I hope my results are something I can be proud of :)
Good luck on Friday! You'll do great!

Received Ann Chery corset

OH HOLY HELL! This thing is super tight, I am pretty sure I would pass out if I wore it for more then a few minutes. I bought the XL, and I should have bought the XXL. Oh well. I will keep it. Maybe after surgery and healing it will fit. If not I will buy the larger size and then move my way down to my XL. I hope the cg I bought will fit. If not I will return it for a larger size. I could probably wear the corset over the cg for extra compression if I want.
good luck! you'll do great!
Thank you! :)

Current Measurements and Weight

So after eating crap for over a a week my measurements are awful. Waist under ribs at smallest point is 34", around belly button is still 39", and around my hips/but is 45". My weight is 175lbs. Granted the waist measurement will be down in the morning. I am also getting my period, which doesn't help at all! Ugh! As quickly as I gain weight I can lose it. So my goal is to get down to 160 by the beginning of June.

Received the CG

I tried on the size large cg I ordered and it fits, it is very tight, but I bought in a size large so that it would be tight. I hope it fits when I get my drains out, because I would like to wear it under my clothes when I go to work. Then eventually I will wear my corset over the cg if the cg starts to get loose. I really want to try some waist training to see if it will work for me.
Best wishes and speedy recovery to you! Tomorrow this time you will be recovering!
Thanks, and yeah it's crazy to think about.
Good luck girl you will do great

Today is the day!

It is here, and snow has arrived as well! ,:/ I am not happy about that. It will all melt by tomorrow or Sunday, but who wants to drive on bad roads and walk through snow after surgery?! UGH!!!! My surgery is this morning around 10:30am, so I am taking the kids to daycare and then waiting for my mom. My stomach is in knots.
Good luck
Good luck! You'll do great. Looking forward to hearing how you are. Remember it's going to be slow going at first but with each day it will get better. Also drink Mirilax!

Winter Wonderland in the Spring

This is what it looks like, heavy snow everywhere!

Sorry here is the winter pic

Winter pic for my morning drive to surgery
You are going to do great! Can't wait to see your next post!
Thanks!
Thank you so much! :)

Pain

I have never experienced pain like this. The binder is so tight! I had an awful time waking up. Thankful for Zofran.
All the very best, looking forward to your results :)
Excited to see your results!
Oh You are brave!!!!, you deserve to look beautiful, pain lasts a bit and then its the beauty :) update us whe n u can. I am flying in a week for my TT

PO Day 1

I see the PS today. I am about to eat some eggs and toast and try and walk around. I am almost completely bent when walking. The walker is the greatest thing. The muscle repair is the worst pain ever! Not to mention the swelling underneath my tight garment. Thankful for my toilet seat thing that has handles on each side. I will post pics when I can. For now I am in the worst pain ever and my PS doesn't want me to take my Vicodin all day. But I might have to take one along with anti nausea medicine.
No pain killers?! Omg!! I would have died, i was taking 1 percocet every 3-4 hrs and Soma every 6 hrs. ( always 1 he apart from the pain med).. I hope you feel better!!! Happy healing!
Hang in there, it gets easier day by day. Congrats for making it this far.

PO Day 1 PS Appt

Still in a lot of pain. The PS wants me up and walking. I just can't without my body telling me to pass out from the pain. It's like I am hyperventilating. He doesn't want me to be dependent on the walker! But without the walker I can't walk more then a few steps. I may need to just take the Vicodin regardless of what my PS says. I cannot handle this muscle pain and burning. My thighs are a bit numb and swollen. The drains suck, but I knew they would. On a good point he said he removed almost 4 pounds if skin and fat. And that he took my stomach muscles in 3 inches! I will take my first shower tomorrow and I am scared of the pain.
Every PS is different I guess, I almost don't want to comment as I've had it very easy (knock on wood) - I took the percocet right away and every 4 hours on schedule for the first two days. I only got up to go to the bathroom and the rest of the time i was in my recliner resting. On the third day I was able to switch to tylenol, and then weened off all tylenol by the 5th day. I didn't find it painful at all and i was told to rest rest rest. Im now day 9 and felt great today, was up doing a few chores but still taking it easy. Keep hanging in there, it gets better and better every day.
Take your Percocet my doc had me on them for 10 days! I say he'll yes! No need to be in that kind of pain sweetie.
Hi hun! Every day gets better trust me. I used a walker for 8 days that's the only thing that help. I also took only one percocet and one Tylenol together. Because taking two percocets made me too tired to do anything. Drink lots of water it differently helps with healing and swelling. When I had my tt y months ago I thought Omggg when is this Goin to get better. It's definitely a slow recovery but we'll worth it. And the more u walk and move around the faster your recovery. Good luck! Can't wait to see pic :)

Pain

I've never had pain like this before. I just want it to stop! My body wants to pass out whenever I feel it. Horrible burning, muscle pain and nothing I do helps. I have lost all hope that this will stop. I'm regretting every having this surgery. All I wanna do is sit here and pray it stops. So far this is the worst decision of my life. :*(
I was told to take my pain meds every 4 hours to stay on top of the pain. I unfortunately got so nauseous from it the first day I quit taking anything at 8:00 the night of my surgery. Then they prescribed me something less strong and I was taking that around 4:00 the next day. I was really uncomfortable but not in much pain. I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I never heard a PS tell their patient not to take their pain meds. You should really be taking then every 4 hours. If you are feeling sick then only take half. You need to stay on top of the pain and control it. So if I were you I would say f&$; that and take them every four hours. Sorry so long I just feel bad for you.
Thank you, my mom gave me some ant nausea medication I take first then I started taking my vicodin every 4 hours. It has been more manageable now, but there is a horrible burning pain on my right drain area.
Hmmmm I can't help you there. I didn't have any of that. Can you put a little cold compress there for a bit? Just watch it cuz your probably numb around that area so you don't end up freezing your skin.

PO Day 2 Sunday Morning

I started taking my Vicodin every 4 hours and my pain is better. I have some bad back pain and burning around my right drain sight. The swelling in my upper abdomen and upper thighs is awful! I will take a shower and change my dressing with help soon.

Swollen to the max

I am so swollen, it is disgusting. I felt better after my shower. I just pray I got the incision dry enough with the hair dryer. I am very gross looking, so I won't be posting pics probably for a long time. I am in a depressed mood for sure.
Hi! It's understandable you won't look and feel like it was worth it, but after the first week you'll feel so much better! I really don't think you look that bad...swelling is a given, in a couple of days you'll see improvements. Hang in there!
Hang in there!!! They always say the first 5 days are the worst. Keep up on your pain meds.....even if you have to take Tylenol extra strength vs narcotic meds. I got very dizzy and nauseous by day 5 because of the Tramacet (narcotic) and just switched to Tylenol extra strength. I found by then it took enough of the edge off. Everyone's pain is different though, so use what works for you!
I had all that. Trust me once u get through the first week everything gets better. I had the burning too that was so annoying. I couldn't wait to get it out. And I actually started to feel even more better after my drainage came out.. hang in there. My p's never told me about the recovery part. Keep on your pain medication oh and make sure u take some milk of mag cause you going to need it..

PO Day 3 Severe Burning Pain

I have horrible severe burning pain along my incision. I wish I would have never had this surgery. I have done some pretty stupid things in my life but this has to be by far the worst choice I have ever made. Please if you are considering having a TT and you have a low tolerance for pain do not get a TT. I hate myself right now for inconveniencing my family, treating my body to such trauma, and putting myself in such a horrible place. What the hell have I done!? I know a lot of you have been saying it will get better, but after all the reading I have done I have not heard anyone in such severe pain as I am. No one else seems so debilitated by severe burning and pain. Every one is taking pics and standing up straighter, everyone is happy about their choice and here I am lower who cannot make it through day 2 and now on day 3 I just want to go away.

update, I am a loser

I meant to say I am a loser who cannot make it through day 2 and now on day 3 I just want to give up! I am still bent over a complete 90 degree angle.
How many pain pills are you taking? How often are you taking them? Have you spoke with your surgeon about trying a different pain pill if that ones not doing the trick?? Hoping for a better day for you hun :) chin up!

My apologies

I would like to apologize for all my negative posts. I will stay away from posting for a while. I am currently going through regrets, pain, bloating and swelling and all of that is causing me to become angry, depressed, bitter and whiney so I will take a break. I sure hope everyone else who is post op day 3 is doing well and not going through too much pain and discomfort.
If you can't vent and let it out here, what's the point? We all need to hear the good and bad. I am scheduled next month and while I think I can handle the pain . . . It's good to have it put back into perspective for me. Maybe I will be miserable too, but I will think of you and know it will get better. Hang I there and let it all out sista!!
Yeah venting is needed but I did this to myself thinking I could handle the ups and downs and wow am I weak! All I do is cry because I keep thinking how in the hell does this get better!
I was debilitated too and grew quickly tired of those going shopping, trying on new clothes, and going back to work when I still couldn't shower without assistance. I was riddled with regret for weeks. BUT, it really did improve (slowly for me and after several complications). You will be okay and you WILL enjoy the result. Remember, that no matter what anyone ELSE says, this was a BIG surgery and it isn't easy to recover from. You'll do great!

Okay I will vent

What I miss:
Picking up my 3 year old, holding her tight, and having her lay on me.
Curling up next to my fiance at night.
Simple body movements, and walking faster then 0.5mph.

My PS pulled me so tight! The scar is super low and I can feel my body trying to straighten but it won't, I really don't like the feeling of being this tight.

The bloating and gas are the worst! I did have a bm today and it was awesome but it is so easy to become bloated and gassy all over again.
This is what rs is for. Go ahead & scream!!! Right now you're pretty down & most likely not seeing anything good but be assured.... Under that swelling & binder good things are happening! It gets better. It's soooo worth it!
Oh hon, you are doing just fine with venting. We are all here for you! I don't know how many days post op I am. I had my surgery on April 01. I'm in pain and just up to get my pain meds and some juice. I have a fever low grade that I can't seem to shake and I have my 1 week post op tomorrow. I hope one of the drains will come out. I'm on Norco 5-325 and honestly- it doesn't seem to be much more effective than advil. I need to ask for something stronger when I go in tomorrow I have been walking straight since day 2 but the pain is horrific and I am black and blue- I think having to unexpectedly take blood thinner shots lovenox has contributed to the frightening bruises. Swelling has seriously set in today for me- I feel so tight I could pop but I feel really comfortable here with all these wonderful ladies and men too who have gone before me on this journey- and it helps to not feel alone. So, no worries if you need to vent or if you just want to share the hard parts too. Sending you prayers for healing and hugs!!! Hang in there- I know it must get better soon! :)
Thank you, I hope to stop crying about it soon. The overall feeling of being unable to do anything is awful. I guess I didn't realize how much I took advantage of being able to move and how easy it was before.

Burning Pain

Anyone experience burning pain along their incision and in their thighs? I have heard this is from the liposuction and nerves coming back together or something like that. To be honest that is the source of most of my pain. Well off to Vicodin land I go, I sure hope I not having any serious issues.
Everything you're feeling and experiencing is 100% normal. Check out my Review. I am 5 months post and did updates weekly. Hang in there!
Thank you! I took a look and I am happy I read your story. I sure hope I look as fabulous as you.
You're gonna look amazing!!!

PO Day 4

Okay so I have ditched my walker for unless I want to use it to transport stuff from one room to another that I don't think I can carry.

I am walking straighter but still very very slow and my back is killing me! Can we use icy hot on our backs?

Legs still numb in places and swollen.

I ate a huge bowl of my favorite cereal for lunch, not a good idea! I now feel like I just ate a 5 course meal. But I know now to keep sticking to my protein shakes, toast, applesauce and yogurt. Small portions only!

I still hate sleeping in a recliner away from my fiance. He will sleep down on the couch next to me on Friday and Saturday night. Looking forward to that :)

Tickle in my throat, slight cough and AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! HOLY CRAP! No fun! Hurt like a bitch! Scary too because I don't want to ruin any of the 3 inch muse repair.

Overall things are better. I am ready for these drains to go, but I have some time for that I know.

THANK YOU ALL for your support and out pour of love. I really needed it.
You are doing great! Every day gets better, I promise. I'm only on day 7, and I feel so much better than when I was on day 4. I miss holding my babies, too. Happy healing!
I sure hope it gets better. I look awful under the binder, I wish I looked as nice as the rest of the TT women. I hope it improves.
When I need to cough I close my mouth and very quickly breathe in an out my nose until the urge goes away. Then swallow or take a sip of water. Not sure if it will work for others but worth a try!

PO Day 4 Picture

I am soooo swollen, it is insane! I look awful compared to some people. I also think my PS should have brought my scar a little further around. But that will be something to review in the future.

Oops! Here is the pic

Pic PO Day 4
omg I loved ready your reviews! i love how honest and detailed youve been. I can picture myself the exact same way as you with all the swelling! omg i had 2 c-sections and boy did i swell looked like a blimp lasted about a month.....but you look sooo good!!!! Congrats on being so brave and doing something for yourself! omg and the burning I can relate I had that after my tubal and my last c-section....hang in there, dont be ashamed of posting pics of your swollen self all of it is helpful to others and comforting Because its not where you are but its where your going! :) :) :) awww happy healing dear your gonna look sooo sexy!!!! wooohoooo!!!!!
Thank you! It is definitely an experience. I am so ready to walk normal again.
Oh I feel for you but you do look great! It will get better trust me. I recall the first three days I screamed, hated myself (and my husband) for going through with it but in the end I was totally impressed how much I improved each day. You go through all of the emotions the first two weeks. I alternated my pain meds. Took Vicodin then two hours later I took tremodol then two hours Vicodin etc. for a week straight. Through the night and all!! Sleeping is the worst. I am a tummy sleeper so I couldn't sleep good for two months!! Hang in there!! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Post Surgery Needs and Wishes

Okay so I thought I would post the stuff that has really assisted me in recovery.

1. Your mother :)
2. Lift Recliner (my wish)
3. Toilet seat thing with handles (Awesome!!!)
4. Walker
5. Neck pillow for sleeping upright
6. Lots of sweatpants

I do have a recliner but it is a stiff kind that i always needed help opening and closing until i figured out a method that worked where i didn't need help. But i think a remote lift chair recliner would have been so nice. I think you can rent them too.

I am on PO Day 6 and i am feeling much better. I will be so much happier when the drains are removed. I also still walked a bit hunched over so back pain is awful.

Okay that's about it. Happy healing to all of you!! :)
Did anyone worry about not waking up from surgery or blood clots? I'm scheduled for full tt in 3 weeks and I'm terrified!
I've had several surgeries and never had an issue so I was not worried. You should have a phone call from the anesthesiologist a day or two prior. Make sure you address this question with him/her. Will make you feel better. Good luck!!!
I have also been put under many times and never had an issue. I was more scared of the recovery than the actual surgery.

1 Week Post OP Swelling, hardness

Right now I am happy to be 1 week out from surgery but I am really wishing I was as flat as I see some of you beautiful women. Instead my tummy is very hard and looks swollen. When I bend over there is no loose skin or anything, but my belly skin feels very tight and hard when I push on it and feel it. I guess I am just scared because I am not seeing what I see on other women's pictures...sigh...I know I need to have patience, but I guess I am just concerned.

Correction, tummy feels firm

I guess I should be more accurate, my tummy feels very firm, not necessarily hard like a rock.
I didn't realize that you had an extended tummy tuck w. lipo as well! I'm just realizing that this seems to be why healing/recovery (for me at least) seems to be slower. As far as bringing scar around... I did and at the moment am feeling sooooo nervous about that.
You can do it! Your body is gonna take some time to heal. And swelling is just part of the deal. I am two days post op. The TT pain hasn't been that bad for me, my sore point is the condition of my breast. My PS took out my old saline implants and did an anchor lift. He said he was worried about the blood flow to the nipple so he didn't put in the new implants. My breast are flat and look horrible with the incision lift. My husband is trying to hold it together, but I can tell he is disgusted at the sight of them. I am googling breast prosthesis so I don't have to be training bra flat until the PS deems my boobs ready to hold the new Implant. Ugh!
Don't get too disheartened. As I understand it there are 2 types of swelling, 1 from fluid build-up where the belly moves like a water bed when you tap it, the other is swelling from the trauma os surgery and is more sponge-like and harder. I have both in different areas at 16 days PO, you are only very early. Stay positive, everything will change!

8 Days PO

Feeling good, still walk hunched a bit. The sponge like firmness is still there. Not really diggin the new belly yet. The pictures I am posting are shown from a bottom up angle because I had to set my phone down on the sink. But notice the shadow above the incision, that is the swelling I am talking about. From the side view you can see the puffiness, also my back is hunched, so not stand in straight makes it look even worse :(

Before and After Pic

Here is a before and after.
Agree with Chiquita22..I too am bigger now than when I went it. The swelling will go down. Your belly shape is looking nice!!!
I'm the same! SUPER SWOLLEN! I'm bigger now then when I went in .. lol .. but don't worry just takes time :) it'll all work out I'm sure :) I hope LOL
I think you look great! The side pic really shows how much your belly is flat now. Of course you are still swollen, but I see such a difference! I wish I was 8 days po, rather than 3 weeks before surgery!! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. You are keeping me motivated!!

Belly button

So I took of my dressing today to take a shower. And there was blood on the dressing where the belly button is. I think it's an infection. And I am ignorant to what an infection really looks like. So I put some hydrogen peroxide in there and used my hair dryer to try my incision and belly button.

Here is my issue. From what I have seen on here many of you were told not shower for days or had your bb or incision covered by a waterproof dressing. I was told to take a shower right away on PO day 2 and wash the incision and bb with dial soap and water. Well, what I do know is a wet area is a breeding ground for infection. So I am assuming I probably did not dry the bb well enough. I take fault for that piece. But I really wish my bb could have just been sealed off with a better dressing. Whatever, I am so over this whole experience.
An infection would be smelly, have pus, redness, hotness, and swelling. A shower and dial soap won't hurt anything. Don't worry about the little bit of blood. Ur prob fine.
I was also able to shower the day after surgery. I did not have a dressing on my bb it was all removed the day after surgery by my PS. I was told to use mild soap. I dried mine with a blow dryer. I was also told to never use hydrogen peroxide. I was told to put vasaline in my bb 3 times a day. It seems all PS do it a little different. I wouldn't think its infected but I would call your PS if you are worried to put your mind at ease. I have called my plenty!
Yeah I hope so. I spoke with PS office and they think I am fine. But I go in tomorrow to hopefully have my drains removed so he can look at it then.

Day 12 PO

Today I go see my PS, I will find out if I have an infection in my bb or anywhere along my incision. I am paranoid and assume the worst. Anyways, nothing new has really changed. I am still stupid swollen with no end in sight. But that doesn't surprise me. I will post more pics probably tomorrow if I get my drains out today.
I hope all is good. My incisions on my breast are itching like crazy! I hope that means they are healing :-)
Good luck today !
Hope you get those drains out :-)

Drains are out!!!! Woo hoo!!

OMG!! It is totally true what everyone says, having these drains out is awesome! :) I was able to put on my Marena Stage 1 garment, and it was plenty tight with all my swelling. I bought an ab board as well to wear with it, but I have to pick it up from the post office tomorrow, apparently when you order it from LipoExpress they make you sign for it, and I wasn't home when it was delivered. I am so happy to be done with the drains! More pics to come tomorrow. I do not feel like taking this garment off for the rest of the day :)

Thanks so much for all your support and continued kind words! Happy healing :)
Awesome!!!
Yay!!!! drains out! I bet you feel amazing! :)
I feel great! It truly makes a difference and now my next task is working on the swelling which I suppose just means patience.

PO Day 13 Pic

So here is a pic I took this morning. I am still swollen, bb not looking nice at all, but I am hoping in time everything will settle down and smooth out. I am just happy I have no drains.

One question, anyone have a stubborn part of their incision that didn't want to scab over? Can I put a bandaid on it? Or use something else?

pic

Here's the pic
I can see changes! :) u have definition on ur upper abs!!! I love it! With my tummy was flat!! lol ur stilling healing
You look good! I hope to get my second drain out tomorrow!
Yep. I had a small part at the front that kept oozing for a couple of weeks. The PS said to just clean it once a day, put some polysporin on it and place a bandaid over it. I treated it like my old drain site. However, if you see it pulling apart then see the PS right away.

Lipo Express Ab Board

So I started driving today, and I loved being able to just go where I want, when I want. I went shopping, got my eyebrows waxed and picked up my new abdominal board from the post office. When I got home I was VERY swollen! I am wearing my Marena stage 1 garment, with my wrap around cg my PS gave me, and now I added the board. Wow! The board is awesome, I find myself being able to stand straighter, move better, and walk easier. You would think with all that stuff that I am wearing I wouldn't be be able to breathe, let alone move, but trust me, it is awesome!!!

I also am using polysporin and bandaids on the part of my incision that is bothering me. Hope it helps! :)
Excuse my ignorance but what's an ab board? Can you post a pic? You are looking great!
Wow!!! You look great. :)
Thank you! :)

Abdominal Board Pic

I am posting a pic of the abdominal board I bought online from Lipo Express. It was roughly $36, that includes shipping too. There is also a website called The Pink Room and they sell many different boards, I went with Lipo Express for no particular reason.
Did your PS recommend the use of the board?
No, he may not even know about it, he is a bit old school. I got it because after being on RS so much I have seen how it has helped some women in their recovery.
It's a board you wear with your compression garment, and it helps with swelling and adhering the muscles to the skin after a tummy tuck. I did post a pic. It helps me a lot :) and thank you!

Update on Ab Board and BB

Okay so I wore the ab board to bed and when I woke up the swelling was definitely down where the board was but it kind of pushed the swelling to wherever the board wasn't. So I purchased a bigger ab board from the Pink Room. It is wider so I hope it helps better, it is more flexible too. Not sure if it will help more or not or if maybe I can where the harder smaller board over the flexible board for even more support? I will update once I get the new one.

My bb seems to be getting smaller, almost like it wants to heal all the way up! Scaring me, so I put some gauze in it with polysporin, I hope this is okay :( £ get the BB stitches out April 30th.
I've been seeing the boards on RS too. Thank you for posting about your experience with it. Glad it's working. Keep posting! :)
My sister in law had breast implants done by him last year amd she is very happy with the results. She did say that he has no sense of humor lol ! My PS has never mentioned the boards. I am 6 weeks post now and I wonder if it one would still be beneficial. Thanks for updating your experience with it.
Yeah he is very serious at times, and to the point. But he knows what he's doing and I hear great things about his boob jobs so if I ever want my boobs done in the future I will probably go to him.

BB Help

I need some reassurance about my bb situation please. I started putting gauze in my bb today to keep it open, it looked so tiny, and I am scared of it being tiny. I heard of using a marble but I still have stitches in it that will be removed April 30th. Anyone have ideas or similar problem? Did you use a marble while stitches were still in your bb? I also heard of using an ear plug, any other ideas? I just want some suggestions, I am hoping someone else had a similar problem and can tell me :) Thanks!
I think your BB has a good size! I have just an earplug in mine to keep it open. I think they sell them at pretty much any pharmacy. Not sure it would make your bb bigger but would certainly keep it from getting smaller. You belly is looking good sister!
Thank you! I am just paranoid about getting and infection and having something in the bb so scares me so I thought if it worked for someone else and they are okay then I cod t re you it too. It looked smaller the next day after my most recently posted pic. I just didn't want to assume it was swelling or that it would be fine, so I took action right away and stuffed it with polysporin and gauze hoping that would help.
could try it*

PO Day 15

I have a part of my incision that does not want to close up. I don't see the PS until April 30th so I hope it's okay.

I woke up pretty flat, but still swollen. I tried to get on my other cg but I couldn't get it zippered up, but to be honest I think the garments zipper sucks because my Marena garment fit the same way when I put it on but I got it zippered up.

No real changes to report, I will post pics.

Icky part of incision

Should I use butterfly bandaids for this to help it close up. It looks bigger in the pic but it's about an inch in length along the incision.
I really would be careful about putting neosporin on it all the time. You also need bacteria to let it heal. Just bandaid it so it doesn't rub up against clothing and become irritated
Oh man, I keep hearing different things from people. I am using polysporin, it seems to be what everyone on here uses when they have an open wound. I only put it on once after my morning shower.
Don't worry about using a little bit of polysporin on an open wound for a couple of weeks. We need good bacteria on our skin to help fight skin infections. It's a different story when the skin barrier is broken. You do NOT want bad bacteria getting into that open area. I have worked in emergency and we use it all the time to prevent infections. I figure, better using a little antibiotic ointment on one small area than having to fill your body with antibiotic medicine to clear up a systemic infection! Just to be safe, call your PS on Monday and I'm sure they'll put your mind at ease.

Swelling in hips and thighs

This is no fun, the swelling in my hips and thighs is awful. Not to mention that I can see myself going back for more lipo in my future. I will attempt to lose more weight first of course. I think I am just not feeling very great today about my results. It has mostly to do with my lack of exercise and feeling out of sorts with my eating. I look forward to being able to work out again, and I just hope for the best with this swelling. I know we all go through some level of this ups and downs feelings and today is a down day. No pics to post because there really hasn't been much change.
Sooo I am really hoping my thighs are swollen... but thinking they just look bigger now that I have no hips :-/... anyhow how can you tell your thighs are swelling?? Would love to make that assessment on my own thighs :)
I could feel them and just look at them and see all the swelling. My fiance could see it too, plus some days I have very little swelling, and then by the evening you will see the swelling. Plus my girl parts are swollen too, so I see that all my swelling goes south when I am bound tight by the binder. But then again I am only about 3 weeks PO, so I have a LONG ways to go with swelling :(
Hey goody foot girl u r doing great and look fantastic. First of all i have those same panties and swelled just like you.. I also had that firmness too.. So glad ur feeling better

Update on abdominal board

So I purchased my second abdominal board from The Pink Room, and I will post a pic. This board is shaped much better and is more flexible, it wrapped around my tummy. Only con is that it can be a bit uncomfortable when you try and sit down, but once you're sitting you're fine. Now my only issue right now is the compression garment bodysuits, they are very annoying. I ditched mine today for just my wrap around doctor provided binder and also I wrapped my belly belt I bought for exercise a long time ago around the binder. This has been much nicer today. But the abdominal board really works well inside body suits! So I may have to purchase another body suit unless I can get the ab board on under my binder...I will let you guys know. But this ab board is awesome!! It really helps with the tummy swelling.

3 Weeks PO

No changes to report. Still feel gross because I can't workout.

Coconut oil is great, I have been putting it on my face, and body. It actually mattes my face, weird, but cool, it has helped with the little lines around my eyes too.

The new ab board does work under a regular binder which has been great.

The swelling in my pubis area is horrible.

Still not completely sure if it is worth it yet. I mean the swelling really has kept me from seeing what the final results will be. Maybe it's because I am feeling gross while on my period, plus swelling, plus no exercise, and not feeling as flexible and mobile as I want to be.
I just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience. I've been following you since your pre op posts. My surgery is May 6 and you've helped me understand what to expect. Thank you!
You're welcome! That makes me happy to know my experience helps people :) You will do great, it really is the first 3 days that suck. Then it's the swelling and the unknown of "will this look better in time?"
love the undies! ;) omg ur super duper flat!!! love it!

TMI Sex

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I thought it might helps those who have not had their surgery.

I had sex finally! My girl parts are still swollen, but the drain holes are all healed up, just a little scab. I was on top to control my own needs, I knew he would be too cautious and worried, and I also wanted to just go at whatever pace I wanted to without having to direct him. Okay, so it was awesome, my stomach muscles are tight afterwards, and my only issue was I had more soreness in my belly. But I also noticed that where the drains had previously been, deep inside my belly were sore and burned afterwards, perhaps I moved my torso more then I should have?? I don't know. I hope it feels better, those two little areas are still sore and burn today.
Hello, no offense here sweet lady! Sex Is Sex(: glad you posted it, I haven't posted my experience yet, but I will. I feel like we are on this site for a reason and that's information and no need to hide or leave anything out. Thank you for following my story! I hope you feel as amazing as your tummy looks. Have a blessed day everyday!
Your tummy is starting to look great. just wait a few more weeks until the swelling goes down and you will be so happy that you had it done!! Thanks for sharing how much pain to expect. my surgery is in 5 weeks and I'm not sure what my pain level is. I will be expecting the worst.

BB Stitches out today

Hopefully the bb stitches will come out today. I will post pics from this morning. Again, no real changes.
I wanted to reassure you. I'm 8 weeks out and I have a section if my scar that was resistant to healing. I still have a scab even. You look great!
Thank you! The doctor looked at it today and said to keep it dry so it can scab.

Corset, and doctor appointment

The doctor did take out my BB stitches, he told me to keep my incision opening dry and to not put any bandaid on it. He wants it to scab over. So I will start wearing a dressing over it that is dry.

I decided to try on the Ann Chery waist cincher, and I got it on! :) it is right but it corrects posture. Keeps me very bound, and I hope it helps with swelling, and keep my shape forming well.

The PS told me that what I thought was swelling is not swelling! So he basically said I will not be as flat as I was hoping. Not sure why. I am not happy about that. Time will tell I suppose. But I will have no problem getting liposuction in the future next year if I need to.
Hi! I'm 4 days pre and I remember reading your posts in the days after your surgery. You were in excruciating pain and I can't get that out of my mind. Do you think it was because you were trying to hold off on the pain meds? also, thanks for the info on the ab board and cg. Do you have any last minute advice for me? Thanks again!
Yes the pain meds should have been taken on the clock every 4 hours, and I didn't do it. My biggest advice is, you're stronger then you think. Drink lots of water, it will force you to get up and walk. When you take off your binder you may feel faint, be careful. Rest and relax, allow your body to heal. I am still waiting on seeing the results I want, so be patient, unless you're one of the lucky ones who is flat right away! :) You will do great, just take the meds!
You are getting really flat! It may be hard for you to see the changes but I can totally see the difference. You really do look amazing. I love that you are trying the boards and corset. Thank you for sharing your experiences. :)

Pics from tonight

I'm almost 4 weeks PO, feeling pretty good, still sore, and have pain, the pain is like a stabbing or burning feeling under the skin. Not sure how to describe it. I am sleeping on both sides. My wound is drying out. Using a hair dryer held further away from the wound to dry it out. A wound care nurse at work told me to do it.
You look great! How is the swelling?
The swelling is still there, but my PS says it is not swelling, and I am like, well if it is not swelling, then I am not happy! But we shall see, he said I will get smaller as I keep wearing my binder. I am still sore above my incision line, and around my belly button where all the puffiness is, when I press down it feels like a bruise, and so I am hoping that means there is still some swelling there. Otherwise in a year I will look into some more lipo :)
Looking great!!!

Officially 4 weeks PO Today!

So happy to be 4 weeks PO, as I mentioned in some replies below, I am not sure how totally happy I am with my results. I mean, I know it looks better, the pooch is gone, but I still feel like I am swollen and puffy around my belly button, and along my incision line above it. So I am officially giving my body 1 year of healing, wearing my compression garments, corsets, and whatever else I can find, as well as working out, and see where I am at. If I still feel uncomfortable with my belly I will see about more lipo. I think it was very discouraging to hear from my PS that he thinks what he sees is my final results at 4 weeks!!!!, now he did say keep wearing the binder and I will get a little smaller, but that I am pretty much seeing the final results! I was like, HUH!! Um NOOO! All I ever read from the other women on RS and from the doctors on RS is that swelling and puffiness lasts for months, up to 6 months, and then intermittent swelling up to a year depending on how hard you are working your body. So needless to say I am not happy with my PS right now.

My fiance is wonderful and has been really awesome about my whole healing process. He is not horrified by my scar, and is only concerned about the open part to my incision, it makes his legs hurt, like his nerves get shocked when he sees it. I am the same way when I see other people's wounds :) hahahaha!

Let's see, what else to say, I have been wearing the Ann Chery corset going on day 3, I wear it to work and that is it. Not sure if it is really doing much. I can hook it to its tightest hooks, but I do not do that yet. I will probably give my body another week in the corset, and then move to the next hooks. I am thinking of getting a squeem??? Or maybe the smaller size down in the Ann Chery corset, but get a vest version next. If I can get into the next size down in the Ann Chery then I will feel like maybe it is really working.

Sitting down pics

I am currently sitting in my recliner blow drying my little open wound. Not that much fun. I took some pics sitting down, and showing what I am unhappy about. The areas I will want lipo on if I don't see improvement in a year. I still have lots of stretch marks too. I will start bio oil in 4 weeks and anything else I can find for stretch marks.
I still have lots of puffiness. I think you look great. My stretch marks were so puffy for awhile that I thought my belly button had keloid attributes. But it all worked out. You look great!!!
Yeah being puffy just makes me unhappy. It doesn't matter if it's early morning or late evening, my belly is always puffy :( but thank you for the compliment!
Don't stress the puffiness, I have it too... it gets to me sometimes. I just try and remember it's going to get better.. The patience game.. *sigh*

Posting a video? and other things

Hope everyone is healing well and those who are about to have surgery, takes your meds! Hahahahaha!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and I took video of my belly, how do I post the video? I click on the add video but it asks for the videos embed code, what is this?

I am still feeling puffy, my open wound is healing and seems to get better. I have not worn my corset since Friday May 2nd. Over the weekend I didn't want anything covering my open wound, including my binder, nothing, so I was air drying it and using my hair dryer. Today I covered it with gauze but I still didn't want my tight corset pressing on it. So I will use the corset after I heal some more.

My muscle repair hurts still, especially my upper abs. Also the ends of my incision hurt, they are taking the longest to heal.

RS Email, was it worth it?

RS emailed me asking if I thought the surgery was worth it. I don't know yet. I was able to hide my belly under clothing pretty well so I am basing my results on how I feel once I am healed. I also want to see how it looks in a month or so. Some women on here are healed up and flat so quick, I feel like it's taking me way longer. So as of now I have not had a wow moment. Just being honest.
It will get better! Hang in there chick!
Sorry. I forgot to mention that I have been having trouble with swelling too. I stopped taking Bromaline two days ago, and I have really notice an increase in swelling. Even in the mornings. I'm going to the natural food store today and buying some more.
I've been taking bromelain every day, but I am still puffy.

Update on Ann Cheryl corset

This corset offers me the best compression in my upper abs, so I decided to just put it back on today. And guess what, I tightened it to the tightest hook. But the only thing that truly does flatten out the swelling is my ab boards.
you look fabulous! As far as the few parts that you are unsure of - give it some time. If you eed a few tweaks after 6 months - get tweaakked :)
I like that, get tweaked! Hahahahaha! I do see improvement when I wear my ab boards, so I am hoping that it truly is just swelling. Yeah I will give it a full year to heal and to pay it off then I will see if I need additional lipo.

5 Weeks PO Today

Hi everyone, just checking in to give my 5 week update, nothing too much has changed. I still have an open wound, I am working on it.

I ended up getting a little red spot above my bb from the tape I was using, when I take the tape off I take al ayer of skin with it and it gets irritated.

The larger ab board I bought helps sooooo much with the swelling.

I woke up this morning the flattest I have seen myself, which is nice. So I do believe the puffiness is at least somewhat swelling. I will post a side picture. All of the front view pics were fuzzy :( But I will post the fuzzy one too, and I will try to take more tomorrow morning before work.

5 Week Pictures

Here is the fuzzy front view....sorry, hopefully better ones coming tomorrow. And a side view.
I'm ordering the ab board today! :). Thanks for the info!
Should I get the one from the pink room?
That is where I got mine. They have many choices too. So you can measure your belly and see what would fit you best.

Not Worth It for me

For me personally it is not worth it. I am official unhappy with my results. My bb is closing up, which means I will have a very ugly and weird looking bb. My wound is still open and I feel like my results are awful.

Belly Button

Here are the pics
Your tummy looks so flat. U can revise your belly button. Don't be too hard n yourself. I had the same feeling cuz I hoped my tummy would be flatter but my dr told me to e realistic.
Yeah I understand that part. I just keep googling the belly button issue, and I have to see someone who said theirs closed up and it was revised. So I am scared it can't be done :(
Hey there! I totally understand how you feel. I have a lot of bunching below my BB and the skin there has no elasticity - it still sags. It's depressing especially when you come on here and see so many perfect (or in our eyes perfect) results - it seems so unfair! That being said, I think you look amazing. I am trying to look at my own results with a positive spin - I definitely look a lot better and I will be able to wear a bikini bottom again! In a few years I might have a mini TT to revise the skin below the BB... there is no way I would want to go through another recovery like this again anytime soon. I think we are still too early in our recoveries to make a definitive decision as to whether or not it was worth it. Once we are totally healed, and active again, and feeling 100% normal our outlooks will change for the better, I am sure. Good luck to you, you look beautiful and will continue to look better and better with time.

Belly Button

So I put an ear plug in my belly button last night to try and see if that would help, and it did not. So this morning before work, I put a marble in there, not sure if this will help either. I think I am unhappy with how tiny it is, it seems so unrealistic. Perhaps I feel this way because I do not even remember the last time I had a normal looking bb, but I do remember I always had a normal sized one. Mine is looking smaller then my kids! I here about revisions, but do any of you know of an RS lady whose bb closed up and they had a revision? I would like to see their pics. Thanks!
You have been so down on yourself and you shouldn't be...you're looking great! I have issues with my tiny bb as well...I have given up because no matter what I put in it and no matter the duration it still doesn't form the roundish shape I want . My PS designed a vertical oval slit and I guess no matter what I do it will stay the way he intended. All the best with that!
I'm sorry you feel it wasn't worth it. I bet you'll change your mind soon. You really do look incredible.
Thank you for the info on the ab-board, I purchased one, but it is a little smaller. I think you look fantastic btw! :)

Depression

I was reminded by a RS lady that depression is real after cosmetic surgery. Your body is forever altered, and you have to now go through recovery and live with this choice you made. I hate going to the doctor, and having any medical issues, so this experience has been very difficult for me. I made my bed, now I must lie in it. I am sick of the binder, the open wounds, the belly button issues, and the way my body feels. Just tired of it all. I want to feel normal again, and right now I feel just terrible. I will go to my PS tomorrow about my open wounds, and also to have him look at my bb to see if it has an infection and tell him my concerns.

Pic after work

I ate so much food at work for our Mother's Day celebration. I am still feeling like a walking medical condition. Plus my allergies are awful! Thank you all for your support. You will see in the pic the outlines from my ab board, my red marks from taping over gauze in my bb, and some other marks. I would really love to one day not need the binder or gauze! :'(
I was depressed afterwards as well and I had lots of complications. Look at my pix if you'd like to see a horrifying result. At one point my waist was 44 inches ABOVE the incision. I still need a mini TT for a revision of the ugly extra fat above the incision. After all this and then to do it again. OMG. No one really talks about the aftermath of body alterations but the changes, complications, and downtime can be very very difficult. You will come out the other side of this very happy. I'd kill to have your result. Seriously, it really does look great. Look at your before pics till you convince yourself, lol. I like the tiny BB but understand why you are freaking. Doc can probably assist with a solution that will resolve it. You look AWESOME.
Thank you, I am definitely seeing that I need to stop comparing my results to other women's results. It's hard though. I will hopefully get to a happy point, right now I think I would feel better if I didn't have to deal with an own wound. I should be more grateful, but I'm still feeling like I'm in the danger zone of anything could go wrong, you know? I'm trying to be more positive.
I just viewed more of your pics. Look at your nice lil figure. Now I'm even more convinced that you're being too hard on yourself hun xoxo cheer up, you look wonderful. Look at this journey as a transformation in process.

Saw my PS

So my PS thinks my bb looks fine. No infection or issues. He says it take 3 to 4 months for a bb to fully heal. So what I am going to do is at my next appointment with him I will discuss coming back in a couple months to see how the bb is looking. I am going to keep using a marble. He says I can ditch my binder...can't do it. I tried and I feel like my stomach muscles are falling out. He said ditch the gauze pads and wear a 100% cotton shirt over my wounds and let the body heal without a bunch of stuffy gauze. He also thinks the binder is preventing proper wound healing. But I just can't go without my binder!
DITCH YOUR BINDER! Seriously! You are not doing yourself any favors by wearing it still. I was told by my surgeon to ditch mine at day 5 after my surgery, and you know what? It hurt and it felt like my stomach was falling forward, but my body FINALLY got back to normal. I see SO many women on here complain about swelling MONTHS after their surgery and it's because they still wear the stupid binder. I did a lot of writing about compression, etc. in my Review. Ditch it. Your body will thank you.
I did ditch the binder for the most part.
:-) I remember how weird it felt at first not wearing the binder!

6 Weeks and 4 days PO

Not sure if it's swelling or not, but my happiest pic was my side pic from May 9th at 5 weeks PO. Other then that my belly is still not flat, I hate it. My belly button is better, and I am happy with that now, but I will need more lipo, and possible revision but my PS will not do it for free. He thinks I look great. So next year after I am fully healed I will see another doctor for a consult.

Oh and my public area is still swollen.
I just replied to your comment below and didn't realize that you just updated. I am 6 months out and my public area is still not 100%. Also, I did a huge post on my Review called 'Why you're not flat as a board'. Please read it. It makes complete sense. My flattest day was also week 5.

Pics

My results continue to worsen. I will need to live unhappily and diet like mad or hopefully I can afford some touch ups next year. I can't believe I looked better at 2 weeks and 5 weeks then I do today.
You look so much flatter at 5 weeks than 2. I think you look fab. My swelling was far worse at 5 weeks x
I just wish I still looked like my 5 week pics, I am so puffy lately. My tummy feels very puffy and firm, and I just don't like how it looks. When I sit down I still have to deal with a buldge.
Honestly, compared to preop pics, I think u look awesome! I am 2.5 month po and lately it swells badly like a balloon toward the end of day. My dr said I need 12 months po to get a complete result...dont be too rough on yourself

Positivity, depression, high expectations, and realization

Yeah the title of this post pretty much sums up how I am feeling. I need to stay focused on the end results, and not on the puffy swollen belly. I woke up flatter this morning, and I see now that I truly am going through some swelling. I thought that this was it, that my puffiness was the end result.

Regardless of what the end result is, I cannot let it affect my mind, I need to know that I do look better the before, and being positive is the only way to continue my tummy tuck journey. My high expectations are what got me here, and I still judge every little issues I have with myself. This will be a lifelong struggle.

Time to realize that depression is mother effer!! And I went through it! So please if anyone else is going through regrets and depression I feel your pain and mental anguish.

When puffy, my belly feels hard, and sore, and when I am more flat, I feel lighter in the belly region, and I do not have as much pain. Anyways, hope everyone else is loving their results without any of this dreaded depression.
You are doing great! This surgery is so much more than the physical, and depression is one sneaky mother trucker. You're in my thoughts
Yes it is...I am happy to moving past it. Now on to exercise again soon. I haven't been doing any workouts because my workouts were swimming which you can't do until 8 weeks PO. I just wonder what my body can handle??
I'm so happy to read you are feeling a little more positive.

7 Week PO Pics

The pics in my undies are pre shower this morning. Woke up with a little hardness, sore and a bit of swelling. The pics in clothing are after I ate breakfast, and I am at work. Swelling gets progressively worse as the day goes on. Most of my pics are taken from the side because that's how you can see the puffiness and swelling better.

Quick Update

Had a great long Memorial Weekend, hope everyone else did as well!

So I am just letting everyone know, please do your research very well, some doctors are just better at making sure you get that awesome flat tummy and desired shape.

I know I am almost only 8 weeks post op, but I am no fool, I know my results are not nearly as good as they could be. I am still extremely insecure when I sit down, because I clearly, and without a doubt have a lot of fat still there that should have been liposuctioned. I paid for liposuction so there is no reason why I would still have this amount of fat that I can physically grab between my fingers.

Needless to say, I am very disappointed, and I will drop the rating of my doctor. So to anyone who thinks about choosing this doctor, please explain to him what you truly desire. I did express to him that my biggest issue was when I sat down I hated having that icky bulge. He said that wouldbe gone...well it is not. So there you go, money down the drain.

Doctor Rating

I chose to leave my doctor rating as 3 stars because I do not think his results are so awful that he should be given a 1. I think he is a good man, I just think I got to involved on RS, and saw too many other peoples results, and now I am not able to accept my own. I may close my account soon, but it sounds like my info will remain on this site per the terms and agreement.
Hi! I wonder if I can ask you a question. I purchased the large ab board you posted about. It arrived yesterday. I can't wear it during the day as it cuts into my ribs and is very restrictive. I wore it to bed last nite. Didn't see any improvement in the swelling in the area below my bb and Punic area. But it was only one night. Do you find it really helps with the swelling? I also need to purchase a body contouring compression garment and dint kniw where to begin. I am 3 weeks po and going back to work next week. Thank you fir any advice!!
I wore the ab board low, and it was not very comfortable, but it did help me with my swelling. But I only wore it during the day. I would wrap my binder or 2 binders tightly around the ab board as tight as I could handle. As for the body compression garment, I struggled with mine. I really disliked it. I stopped all binding around 6 weeks because my PS told me I could. I do know that buying a body garment with longer thighs is nice. The shorter leg kind can ride up, mine did. Marena is not as tight, but was very comfortable. I wear scrubs for work so I would just use 2 wrap around binders my PS gave me for tight support. I also haven't been massaging my belly, which I should have been doing. So consider massaging your stomach every day.
Thank you for the info! I am so swollen below my bb and pubic area. I can't stand to go longer than an hour without some kind of binder on. Going back to work next week so I need a CG that is less bulky than my binder. Thanks again
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Updated review 5/27/2014, I am very unhappy with my results. I realize now I compromised my results for money, and for this, I am to blame. Please be aware that what you pay for is what you get sometimes. I am not saying this is in ALL cases, but be aware. The money I thought I was saving will eventually be paid down the line in the future when I must return to a different PS for more lipo and possible revision if the lipo removes enough fat for more loose skin to be removed.