I had my original TT in March of 2012. You can go...

I had my original TT in March of 2012. You can go to my profile to see my original review and my question regarding my BB scar. Soon after my lipo revision a year ago (Dec '12) I realized that I did not get the result that I had hoped for. The surgeon did not achieve the symmetry and contour I desired. He had also told me he had taken care of my dog ears - not true. Those remained. I met with him 1 year after the original surgery (March '13) to discuss a revision. He agreed that we could fix the BB scar by excising and that he would cut the ends of my original TT scar to remove dog ears and fullness in the hip area. I have to admit, when I went in for this consult and asked about my BB scar, his reply of 'what about it' was disheartening. I thought as a PS he would be more attentive those details and have a higher standard for results. So I expressed that I did not like the way it looked: thick, ropy and tight. When I asked what he could, or would do, differently, he said he would use the same technique, but that he would use different suture material. I was not convinced that using the same technique would give me the desire outcome - less prominent scar - and a hooded BB.

By chance, a woman who does some of my skin care shared with me that she had also had a TT and that she didn't like her BB scar. So we compared. Her BB was beautiful! She had a tiny little scar - barely visible. So I asked who did her procedure and was given Dr. Leigh's information. My consult with him in May was very straight forward. Unlike my original surgeon, he did not like my TT scar at all and said it could be improved and lowered. And he told me the technique he uses to create a hooded BB. Despite having to spend a nice little chunk of change, I had made up my mind that I wanted Dr. Leigh to perform my revision. I might as well go big or go home at this point, ya know...

The revision was performed on Monday 11-25. So far, so good. I am 48+ hours post op and I feel really good. Because the original muscle tightening was fine, the recovery this time seems to be a lot easier. Still uncomfortable, but nothing like the original surgery. Dr. Leigh excised my BB scar and redid the whole thing (I see a hood!) hopefully it heals better this time. He excised my entire original TT scar and lowered it. It does look like my BB is lower than before, but I think I prefer that over having a vertical scar from the old BB hole. I'd rather have a low BB than an ugly one! (crossing my fingers it heals on the pretty side :) My husband says that the TT scar looks much neater than the first time; however, we are only looking at it through the tape. Dr. Leigh also did a bunch of lipo to shape my waist and get rid of the fullness around my hips (yes!!). I think the lipo is what is giving me the most post-operative discomfort.

My biggest worries are how my BB will end up looking and the TT scar. I hope it heals nicer than my original surgery. The first time the scar ended up widening a bit and darkened, which Dr. Leigh said could have been a result of spitting sutures and infection which caused prolonged some of the healing. I will post pics soon.

6 DPO Tummy Tuck Revision to Fix BB & Scar - 20 Months After Original Surgery, Different Surgeon - Edina, MN

6 days post op and feeling really good. I've gone two days without narcotics, but have been taking them at night. Yesterday I was pretty stiff but I feel a little better today - hoping that continues. I have my first post-op appointment tomorrow, really hoping to lose the drains, but I'm prepared to walk out of there with at least one. Drainage has really slowed in 2 out of the 3 drains (yes -3 drains! ick) to barely a dribble. I am still swollen, but I think noticeably less than before. I'm hoping that I'll be able to work from home until I lose the drains - hopefully by then I'll also be able to walk more upright. Still slightly hunched.

13 days post-op revision

I feel really good. Didn't get drains out until 10 days post-op because the weather was too bad to travel to my surgeon. Dr. Leigh really took the time to talk to me about everything and he even took out the drains himself! (My last surgeon had the nurse take them out) I didn't feel a thing! Yesterday I felt really good and was able to walk upright most of the day - and picked up groceries, etc. I'm feeling it today. I'm extremely stiff and tired today. My swelling is going down, but there is still a way to go. All the fluids seem to be settling in my upper thighs and butt, I will have to get creative when it comes to work clothes this week.

5 Weeks post Op

Hello Real Self Friends! I'm 5 weeks post op today and I feel sooo good! No pain, no stiffness, no soreness. Everything is feeling back to normal. Really, really want to start working out but know that I should abide to the 6-week mark. My PS said that he didn't want me stretching my incision. Maybe some upper body work and a light jog? We shall see...

I am still all taped up as a precautionary measure against stretching out the forming scar and to also ensure it stays nice and flat. Looking back to my original surgery pics - it was around 9 weeks that my scar became raised and weird looking. And from there it stretched. Not sure when the stretching occurred. But Dr. Leigh told me to stay taped as long as I could stand it, so that is my plan. The tape does not bother me at all.

I've added a 5 week picture. Sorry it's not the greatest - my hubby is at work so it's a selfie, and the lighting in my room is not the greatest. The only concern I have (and it's a minor one) is the small lumpish hump I have going on on my right hip. You can see it in the pic. I think if anything, it will probably just require a small bit of lipo. I will ask him when I go to my 2 month post op appointment. However, I love the result overall. We are going to Puerto Vallarta in April and I would like the lump gone for that. ...

another 5 week pic

Edina Plastic Surgeon

Glad you found a good Dr... hope you are doing well and congrats in your 2nt time around :)
Revision is great!! How are you doing now?
You look amazing, your journey is so inspiring and I needed to read it, I am one day post op incision revision and lipo after a TT in June 2013 and was starting to get bummed about doing this to myself again.
Looking good! Much better! Happy healing & happy holidays
You're looking great! Hope you'll be happy with your results this time. I'm not completely happy either and wonder if I need a revision to be 100% happy.
Wow your tummy looks good, amazing difference !!
Great outcome! I hope to get my side scars lowered and my BB fixed also :)
Looking good
Looking gr8

Very nice!!

:) long time no talk!!! I'm happy for u! I'm interested in the technique he used for your bb...wonder if it's similar to how mine was done. Still displeased w/how low mine is in comparison to my waist. Someday I'd LOVE to see someone who specializes in BB revision and see if anything could be done. Nuff about me...hope ur feeling well & was able to enjoy thanksgiving w/ur family!! Keep in touch!!
Hey girl! Nice to hear from you. I thought of you and how you don't like your low BB, but I still think you're beautiful. I also think that my BB was originally low before all these surgeries. So who knows, we'll have to see once it heals.
Thanks ur sweet! Keep us updated on ur recovery & be sure to post pics!