37 Yo, 5'7", 140#, 36A to C/D - Edina, MN

I've been wanting a BA most of my adult life. I...

I've been wanting a BA most of my adult life. I was never blessed with boobs, and after nursing 2 kids, and losing weight, I have less than before (if that's even possible).
Well I am doing it now! I'm excited and more than ready!
I had a consult about 3 weeks ago with a Dr who made me feel rushed, and like he was just trying to close a sale. I went to another consult this past week with a Dr who made me feel so comfortable, and never rushed. The whole staff was courteous and professional and I felt so comfortable the whole time. From consultation with the Dr, to trying on sizers, to the financial information it was a wonderful experience. Needless to say, I wanted to book my procedure right away!
I am scheduled for August 19th and can't wait!
Now the only concern I have is size. I tried on sizers, and was pretty certain I would go with 450cc's, but I have read a lot of other reviews and my only concern is going too small. I want them to be proportionate to my body, and being that I've become much more physically active this past year, I really don't want anything overly large. I'm really debating if I should increase to 500-550cc's just to have that little bit extra so I don't end up with the "boobie greed".
I am having my pre-op next week and have been picking up a few supplies for the recovery. Will be sure to update soon.

Before picts

Here are a couple before picts and a pict with 450 cc sizers. Thinking I should maybe go just a little bigger...

3 more days!

I can't believe it's coming up so quickly! I think I have everything set to go. All my meds are picked up. Ice packs in the freezer, new bras, tops, pjs and new support pillows purchased. I have one more day of work, then one day to make sure my house is in order and then it's go time. I'm adding a few of my wish picts...here's to new boobs!

Birthday Boobies are here!

All done and feeling great! Ended up with 533cc mod + profile. Under breast incision, under the muscle. I'm so in love already!

Day 2 post-op

Well, I think everything is going pretty good. I feel good, haven't had to use any of my pain meds, did use a muscle relaxer today, but I don't really have any pain.
Took a shower and that felt great!
The girls are high yet, but I know that's the norm. I'm already going a little stir crazy, not sure how I'll make it for 2 weeks being mello. Gonna start a new book and hopefully that will help! Have a great day everyone!

Day 8 post-op

I've been back to work for 2 days, and the 12 hour shifts took there toll on me. I'm having some pain in the outer edge of my boobs by my ribs. I'm thinking it's just the skin stretching, but this is the most discomfort I've had in a week. My incisions are healing great, and the girls seem to be dropping a little. They seem HUGE to me! I'm worried I went too big. Hoping they settle down as they drop. Let me tell ya, trying on sizers for 15 min is nothing like having these in your body. Major side boob going on!

Day 8 post-op

Missed a pict!

15 days post-op

I've been getting back into the swing of things, trying hard to be mello and not lift anything to heavy, etc. It's tougher than I thought. The past week I was pretty sore along my ribs on the outer side of my breasts, but that seems to be much better now.
I still have a little tenderness there, and my nipples have been extremely sensitive and sore, but otherwise everything seems to be going well. The girls are looking a little better everyday, dropping more and settling into place. My incisions are healing nicely and I'm loving my look more every day! I hope everyone else is doing great!

27 days p.o.-more changes happening!

Hi Ladies, I feel like I've been MIA for a bit, so just wanted to stop and say that everything is going pretty well. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks and I can finally get back to lower body and cardio workouts. Yeah! I feel as if I've been healing well, only sore when I've been really active, and some nipple tenderness, otherwise it's all good. I did find Mondors cord in both my breasts, but it only seems to bother when I really stretch my arms or when I push on them. No concerns about this, since they go away with time on their own.
The girls are getting better every day. I am getting more comfortable with the size, and think it'll be even better when they drop a little more. Can't wait!
Take care, all you wonderful ladies!

6 weeks!

Well things are now pretty amazing! No pain anymore and the girls are almost in perfect position. My left is just a little higher than my right, but it will not be long. Mondors cords are gone, and they are very soft. Just getting back into exercising, which feels great and is really needed. I only gained about 2 lbs, but everything got squishy in the 6 weeks of healing. Can't wait to get everything back in shape! I haven't had an official sizing yet, (I just got the ok from my PS to wear bras), but I'm planning for some bra shopping this weekend. I measured myself per VS, and it looks like 36D, but we will see.
Super happy with the girls, they feel like they belong to me now, and I don't feel like they are too big anymore. Love them!

6 week pictures

Picts not uploading

Ok, my pictures aren't uploading off my phone right now, will try again later.

6 wee

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

I cannot say enough about how wonderful Dr. Tholen and all of his staff are. I felt so comfortable from the first consultation and every visit that followed. My procedure went perfectly and I knew I was in good hands with Dr. Tholen! His knowledge and expertise come shining through every time I talk with him. The staff is amazing also! It's definitely a place where they are all knowledgeable and accommodate your needs. I wouldn't hesitate one bit if I ever needed another procedure. The BEST of the best!