37 Yo, 5'7", 140#, 36A to C/D - Edina, MN

I've been wanting a BA most of my adult life. I...

I've been wanting a BA most of my adult life. I was never blessed with boobs, and after nursing 2 kids, and losing weight, I have less than before (if that's even possible).
Well I am doing it now! I'm excited and more than ready!
I had a consult about 3 weeks ago with a Dr who made me feel rushed, and like he was just trying to close a sale. I went to another consult this past week with a Dr who made me feel so comfortable, and never rushed. The whole staff was courteous and professional and I felt so comfortable the whole time. From consultation with the Dr, to trying on sizers, to the financial information it was a wonderful experience. Needless to say, I wanted to book my procedure right away!
I am scheduled for August 19th and can't wait!
Now the only concern I have is size. I tried on sizers, and was pretty certain I would go with 450cc's, but I have read a lot of other reviews and my only concern is going too small. I want them to be proportionate to my body, and being that I've become much more physically active this past year, I really don't want anything overly large. I'm really debating if I should increase to 500-550cc's just to have that little bit extra so I don't end up with the "boobie greed".
I am having my pre-op next week and have been picking up a few supplies for the recovery. Will be sure to update soon.

Before picts

Here are a couple before picts and a pict with 450 cc sizers. Thinking I should maybe go just a little bigger...

3 more days!

I can't believe it's coming up so quickly! I think I have everything set to go. All my meds are picked up. Ice packs in the freezer, new bras, tops, pjs and new support pillows purchased. I have one more day of work, then one day to make sure my house is in order and then it's go time. I'm adding a few of my wish picts...here's to new boobs!

Birthday Boobies are here!

All done and feeling great! Ended up with 533cc mod + profile. Under breast incision, under the muscle. I'm so in love already!

Day 2 post-op

Well, I think everything is going pretty good. I feel good, haven't had to use any of my pain meds, did use a muscle relaxer today, but I don't really have any pain.
Took a shower and that felt great!
The girls are high yet, but I know that's the norm. I'm already going a little stir crazy, not sure how I'll make it for 2 weeks being mello. Gonna start a new book and hopefully that will help! Have a great day everyone!

Day 8 post-op

I've been back to work for 2 days, and the 12 hour shifts took there toll on me. I'm having some pain in the outer edge of my boobs by my ribs. I'm thinking it's just the skin stretching, but this is the most discomfort I've had in a week. My incisions are healing great, and the girls seem to be dropping a little. They seem HUGE to me! I'm worried I went too big. Hoping they settle down as they drop. Let me tell ya, trying on sizers for 15 min is nothing like having these in your body. Major side boob going on!

Day 8 post-op

Missed a pict!

15 days post-op

I've been getting back into the swing of things, trying hard to be mello and not lift anything to heavy, etc. It's tougher than I thought. The past week I was pretty sore along my ribs on the outer side of my breasts, but that seems to be much better now.
I still have a little tenderness there, and my nipples have been extremely sensitive and sore, but otherwise everything seems to be going well. The girls are looking a little better everyday, dropping more and settling into place. My incisions are healing nicely and I'm loving my look more every day! I hope everyone else is doing great!

27 days p.o.-more changes happening!

Hi Ladies, I feel like I've been MIA for a bit, so just wanted to stop and say that everything is going pretty well. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks and I can finally get back to lower body and cardio workouts. Yeah! I feel as if I've been healing well, only sore when I've been really active, and some nipple tenderness, otherwise it's all good. I did find Mondors cord in both my breasts, but it only seems to bother when I really stretch my arms or when I push on them. No concerns about this, since they go away with time on their own.
The girls are getting better every day. I am getting more comfortable with the size, and think it'll be even better when they drop a little more. Can't wait!
Take care, all you wonderful ladies!
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

I cannot say enough about how wonderful Dr. Tholen and all of his staff are. I felt so comfortable from the first consultation and every visit that followed. My procedure went perfectly and I knew I was in good hands with Dr. Tholen! His knowledge and expertise come shining through every time I talk with him. The staff is amazing also! It's definitely a place where they are all knowledgeable and accommodate your needs. I wouldn't hesitate one bit if I ever needed another procedure. The BEST of the best!

You are looking great Tayni!
I hope you keep updating with new pics and comments, I'm thinking of seeing the same doctor and having the same size! You look great!!
Dr. T is THE best! Go for your free consultation and see for yourself. He has experience, great personality, and all of his augmentations I've seen have amazing results. I couldn't imagine going anywhere else. I only had 1 other consult, but I knew when I met with Dr. T he was the one I wanted. Thanks! I was a little nervous they were too big at first, but am getting more comfortable with them. I am just getting back to the gym, which I desperately need since my abs and love handles have apparently grown during the past 4 weeks, lol! I'll keep updating. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!
If you want to go on multiple consults, which I encourage - I actually went on four, I just got mine done by Dr. Philbin - Edina Plastic Surgery, and loved him. My sister went to Dr. Tholen too and loved him - i dont think you can go wrong with either. Just Thought I'd Throw Another good name out there, because It can be hard To know with so many to choose from. Good luck and I actually liked 3 of the 4, just agreed with Dr. Philbin's suggestion the most, if you want more names, let me know.
Thanks, I just might message you if I have any questions! I actually had an appointment with Dr. Tholen yesterday and then happened to come across your post the same day. I'm 5'4, shorter than you, so I'm slightly afraid that the 500 range will be too big on me but that's the size I will need to fill out what I have.
Thanks for the suggestions!! I had a friend who went to Dr. Hoffman in Woodbury and really liked him, did you have a consult with him?
Can't wait till your next pics. I'm interested in 500-600 mod+ . Surgery is next week. I'll be following your progress. Take it easy and remember to get rest.
Ugh! I just got a Mondors cord as well. It's really sore. Dr says warm compress and ibuprofen. You look great by the way! Update us on the workouts. I'm nervous about getting back into it. But I'm only 12 days post.
Thanks! I will keep you posted. I know of a lot if people that went back to working out before 4 weeks, I did some very light exercises, but I wasn't willing to risk it. I am waiting the full 6 weeks before I start upper body. I'd rather heal correctly and be a little more out if shape to start with, than risk a bleed or some other type of injury to the girls! They are too valuable to me :)
I totally agree. I worked out like crazy and dropped a couple of lbs over the 2 mo pre op to make up for my cutting back for 6 weeks post. I lol forward to seeing how you transition back in.
You're incisions look so good & they look so light. Your breast look so natural! I'm glad that you're doing well. :) I'm glad u are able to go back to your low body workouts.
Thank you! I'm really happy with my surgeon's work. He is so amazing! I can't believe how much I missed exercise. I have been doing real minimal exercises, but it's just not the same.
You look great! Have fun with starting your workouts back up. I'm looking forward to that too. Nice to have some company with the Mondor's Cord. Hope yours heal quickly!
You are looking good Hun! You will feel better every day that passes. Before you know it you will be few months past! :)
Looking great already!! You will love the size ... Happy healing!:)
Thank you! I am getting more comfortable with them every day. I'm waiting for them to continue to drop and can't wait until the final results. It's going to be a long three months!
P.S.-your girls are gorgeous! and your figure is amazing! I can't wait to get back to the gym to continue with my toning and weight loss. You are inspirational!
Wow, your breast are looking more & more like your wish pics. They're really starting to drop & fluff. Your incisions look fabulous! I think you're going to heal really well! Are you allowed to massage yet, like the really big massage were you move the entire implant? The 533 mod plus look really good on you! I'm sure you're going to have some smoking hot cleavage! My surgery was 7/17/14, if I didn't have to have a major lift I would of gone bigger. I hope you're healing well?
Thank you! I couldn't believe how good my incisions looked! My PS is amazing. I love how symmetrical they look so far, and am getting more comfortable with the size as the days go on. The healing has been pretty good, just some stretching on the outer sides by my ribs that causes some discomfort. Your results are coming along great! I imagine there is a lot more healing with the lift. I think your size is beautiful on you!
Aw, thank you, I really appreciate it! Yes the healing is definitely very intense. At times my incisions feel like they're on fire.... they're getting better everyday. Your incisions look fabulous, I think having a great PS makes all the difference in the world! I'm glad your recovery is going so well. I hope your tightness gets better everyday. :) I love icing my cleavage, it feels so good especially after over exerting myself. All my best xoxo
You look so good and symmetrical!! I can't wait to see them drop and fluff over time! Yay go you!!
Thanks my dear! How are you feeling? I hope your first day with the new girls goes well! You are gonna be amazed when you see them unwrapped! Yeah!
I'm still feeling good! Physically and mentally! Thank you for asking. I'm looking forward to seeing them unwrapped. I kinda think they look small now I have no idea how these will turn to DDs lol
Oh they will! I think it was like day 2 or 3 and I was like, wowza! They all of a sudden seemed huge! ;)
Oh awesome! You've given me hope!!! Because I wanted 533‘s for a reason and these do not look like 533's lol I just need to be patient I suppose.