Q Switch Removal - East Sussex, UK

I had a tattoo done in August in memory of my...

I had a tattoo done in August in memory of my Grandfather, who i lost last March to cancer. He was fond of bird watching, so i had birds done on the outside of my left forearm.
Within hours of it being finished, i wanted it gone. It's bigger than i wanted, and having seen it in pictures since, i don't want it there should i ever get married. It's unsightly to me, and i know my Grandfather would have disliked it.
So, i went with a friend to have her navel pierced, and noticed the tattoo place offer laser tattoo removal with a Q Switch laser. Most importantly, they had an offer going on. £20.00 a session, or book 5 sessions for the price of 4. So i impulsively booked 5 sessions right then for laser tattoo removal.
For anyone thinking i'm an absolute nutter, you'd be right. I do everything by impulse, and having spend the previous month constantly researching tattoo removal methods, i knew laser was the way to go, and for that price, i wasn't about to walk away from it.
So i had my patch test there and then, and booked in the following week for my first treatment.
It wasn't comfortable. There was no cooling machine, or ice packs, or anything to numb it. It was very much a case of just get on with it and get it done. I was out within 15 minutes.
There was no blistering or bleeding or anything on my first treatment. Just a bit of swelling which was gone within a week.

The second treatment, which i had 4 days ago, was a completely different matter. He turned up the frequency, and i felt the difference. I had pinprick bleeding, and i also have a few blisters. I've been told to use aloe vera gel, apparently it's the best thing to use to calm it and aid it to heel. Next session is booked for 08/11/13. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like then!

Pictures of progress so far!

Thought i'd add some pictures so you can all see my trauma!

Treatment 5

Been a while! I've just had my 5th laser treatment, and man, it hurt! Session number 4 barely had any effect, no pinpricking, no blistering, nothing. This one however, hurt like I don't know what, and has blistered a good 'en! Pic is to follow. It was only done 2 days ago so it still looks very angry with me. Another session booked for 6 weeks time, look forward to seeing how this treatment goes!

Less than 2 weeks from 5th treatment

It's been 11 days since my 5th treatment, some very angry blisters, and quite a bit of discomfort. The blisters have now all gone, the stabbing if starting to flake off, and it's itching quite a bit. But I'm happy with how it's going. Just over 4 weeks till my next treatment.
Tattoo Stars

Hey! How are you doing? Would love to see how the tattoo looks now! :) Hope you are doing great!
Wow! You have progressed so much. Don't give up!
How long did you wait to get the laser treatment after getting the tattoo?
It was 2 months from when I had it done to my first treatment.
Thanks for the update!!! Keep us posting on your results - happy healing!!
This is definitely encouraging for me! It looks like there is a decent amount of breaking up in the solid black. Keep up the good work and I hope everything continues to go smoothly and you get where you want to be!
Hey there, checking in to see if you have had any new treatments :) Hope you are enjoying the holiday season!!
Hi I've only just recently joined also after getting a tattoo that I straight away regretted. Mine also are birds and in the same place as yours only mine are in colour! I can see great progress with yours after 2 sessions. I hope mine responds as well, I've just had my first one today and my tattoo is 4 wks old. You do have a complete bargain mine is £60 a session.

So glad you joined the community and shared your story! Look forward to following your progress.

Your results so far look to be about as good as everyone paying hundreds per treatment lol... that's been my experience with getting removal done for cheaply at a parlour too. Was the tattoo done professionally though? The pigment didn't look super even in the picture of it freshly done.
It was done by an apprentice who.I'd been assured was very good. Turns out not quite the truth. It's very encouraging to hear that the results look similar to other people's treatments, I have never known anyone else to have laser removal so I'm just hoping for the best!
Thanks for sharing your story. As wilks said, £20 a session is a bargain! Be careful which type of laser is being used though, as table-top lasers usually deliver poor results. Good luck with your removal.
I didn't know about table top lasers. My guy I go to it's a small laser he said he got becusee it's portable and he travels. He said its the q yag. Does size mean its not as good I thought all q yag are the same
Hi falco. Take a look at this - it's a clinic near me (not the one I'm going to), and they have a page about good and bad lasers on their website. http://www.laserase.com/tattoo-removal/removing-your-tattoo/our-specialised-lasers/
wow! Really amazing effects!
Thanks, I'm hoping it will fade pretty rapidly seeing as it is a new tattoo and not of a great standard.
Hey welcome aboard! You'll find a great deal of support here. It sounds like you've got a steal in terms of how much you're paying! Is the laser a large piece of kit (ie does it have to be wheeled around) or is it a small, table top device? Also, you're treatments seem quite close together, it's normally recommended to leave at least 5 weeks between treatments so as to avoid damage to the skin but also to allow your body sufficient time to work away at the tattoo.
It's not portable kit. It's on a table in the corner of a small room specifically used for the laser treatments, and . Can't imagine by the size of it that it's easy to use. It is incredibly cheap, which why I jumped at the chance. The shop owner has his own personal reasons for offering it so cheap which he explained to me but I won't get into on here. thought 4 weeks was too soon as well so there's 5 weeks before the next one.
Really nice fading.you have fading most people see after 5 plus sessions.