Visible Scars in Swimsuit Haunt Me - East Pittsburgh, PA

So I had a thigh lift about 5 years ago and the...

So I had a thigh lift about 5 years ago and the scars have always been visible in panties/swimsuit. I had the surgery after I lost a lot of weight but looking back I shouldn't have done it b/c my loose skin was not that bad compared to these God awful scars. Guys I date always ask what the scars are and I'm too embarrassed to tell them what I had done and a lot of times they think my butt isn't real since the scars extend to the buttocks area. I never feel sexy and I think about the scars all the time, I know it sound unreasonable but I just want them to go away and I want my old body back! I want to get laser removal but I'm not sure if it would be effective. I do not have a vertical incision, only horizontal. My labia is slightly stretched as well which really bothers me but I'm not sure if there is enough skin to do a surgical revision and I'm also scared to have another botched job and end up with even worse results.

I really want to get these scars taken care of once and for all- looking for a doctor in NYC (Mahattan) who can help me out. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Think long and hard before you get this done, it's really taken a toll on my confidence and love life.

I can't stop thinking about these scars, wish I still had my loose skin, it wasn't even that bad :(

I wish I could afford it!! Be grateful you were able to get rid of all that disgusting skin.. I CAN'T wear shorts, swimsuits and short dresses because it scares kids and parents look disgusted at me!
Dr gerald pitman might be someone to consult he has done 3 procedures and I was happy with all.
Check out Dr. Joseph F. Capella. He has the largest published experience of thigh lifts and offices in NY and NJ. He did a phenomenal job on my thighs. Good luck!
I don't even think your scars are that noticable and just change the subject if some guy asks you about it. It's not his business anyways. I had a lower body lift and have scar all the way around my waist. I got a tattoo to cover teh back and not one guy has ever asked me about my scars. I also had a arm lift and have scars down to my elbows but no one has asked me about it. Get a spray tan and that might help cover them or consider a tattoo. I'm considering the thigh lift but I have considered the scaring as I already have so many. Not sure if I rather have a scar or this loose skin. Ugh.
I just posted another picture, they are really that bad...I'm ashamed to admit how much the scars consume my thoughts and I know I can't change the past but I feel like I really fucked up, I can't wear swimsuits anymore, and my labia is kind of stretched, I wish I had done more research....I need a revision but I can't take off work b/c my job is so physically demanding I wouldn't be able to get back into for about 2 months, and I don't have that kind of money......I pary every night for ways to save up to get these fixed...I wanted an Arm Lift and Breast LIft too but I honestly think this is God telling me not to b/c of how terrible my TL turned out.....biggest regret of my life :((((
I had the tummy tuck and scar isn't so bad and I had the arm surgery but the scars do show. However, not one person has ever asked me about it. They are perfect but they are much better than having skin hanging down. Yuck. I'm still debating on my thighs. I just wish I could go to the best doctor in NY or NJ but I live in Oklahoma.
I had a butt lift too years ago and had a scar all around my bikini area. I have recently worked with a tattoo artist that did a wonderful job covering all of it with a beautiful good size tattoo and now the comments I get are around my tattoo and not the scar when in a bathing suit. You might consider something sexy in that area to cover these scars if you are happy with your shape
Thank you for sharing your story. I'm sorry that you are not happy with your results. I had a tummy tuck and breast lift/augmentation last summer and my thighs really bother me. I've been going back and forth with whether or not to do something about it. It interests me that you said if you could go back and redo it that you wouldn't have the surgery. I'm not sure that the thigh lift will give me the dramatic effect that I would like. Again, I'm sorry that you dislike your scars, but you have helped someone else by sharing your story.
Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I'm sorry you're not happy with your results! You can using the Ask a Doctor feature, and asking what treatment would be best for your scars. Sometimes there are cream treatments, which may mean you wouldn't have to have another procedure, but I suppose it all depends on the severity of the scars.

Was your recovery period very long with this surgery?
I try not to think about it, but it consumes me, I can't believe this happened to me and that I did this to myself :( I don't think creams can help the scars are pretty bad. The recovery time wasn't so bad...uncomfortable but nothing terrible happened...I did trip down the stair though and had to go to the ER to get a few stitches redone but otherwise the actual recovery was ok. This is singlehandedly the biggest regret in my life though, strongly advise against this procedure unless you have really, really lose skin.