Sculptra- Not So Worth It - East Peoria, IL

My surgeon suggested that I might be a great...

My surgeon suggested that I might be a great candidate for Scupltra because I am thin and he described my cheeks as "gaunt". Yep, made me feel warm and fuzzy. I read through all of the mixed reviews and had put the procedure off once due to indecision. I didn't like the fact that I had to pay for it up front do to the fact that they have to prepare the solution a day in advance. I wasn't sure I would see the results that they Doc had claimed that I might.
Well, I went in the day of my appt., I had paid two days prior. When I arrived, they whipped out the consent form- It included a series of possible risks, that had not been presented to me prior to that moment. Scaring was the biggest risk. So, here I stood, having already paid and feeling very backed into a corner. I went through with the procedure, which by itself was a fairly easy and simple one. I had a little bit of swelling for a few days and that was all. I did the massage procedure that they had shown me in the office.
Within a week I had a few round pea like areas. These areas would pop up randomly where the injections had been and then within a few days would go down. Right under my left cheekbone though, I developed one that did not go away. It did not appear until well after the injections- say over a month later, and it did not go down. It continued to grow. A soft, moveable and palpable lump that became visible under my cheekbone.
Last week the Doc injected a steroid into it and put it off as a minor complication that was "rare". Hmmm. It has started to go down, but I was warned that it may leave a hollow space where it was. Seriously?
Would I do it again? No
Would I tell others to do it? No
It was expensive and the results are very subjective. I would have been better off with a filler that was injected as opposed to some medium that is supposed to make your collagen "grow".
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Putnam has been my doctor of choice for the past 3 years. I have used him for Botox and Juvaderm injections. He has always been honest and professional. I would certainly feel good about recommending him to a friend. His nurse is awesome, but his front desk girl is somewhat pushy and can be rude if you catch her when she feels rushed or busy.