Carboxytherapy for Stretch Marks in NJ- East Brunswick, NJ

I don't normally write testimonials, though I...

I don't normally write testimonials, though I appreciate when others do and enjoy reading them. I'm writing this one mainly because I find it disconcerting how little recognition carboxytherapy gets in the realm of stretch mark treatments. When I first typed "stretch marks" into realself, I read over community posts with a barrage of physicians all saying the same things over and over--that there is no treatment for it. But that isn't true. I'm proof.

I'm 25 years old, and I've had stretch marks on the backs of my knees since I was a teenager. In spite of the length of time I've had them, they never did fade appreciably or fill in much on their own. Over the years, they remained a light reddish color with deep trenches. I shelled out money on those heavily marketed $100+ creams and used them religiously. Nothing worked. Each time I tried something and it didn't work, it was like an emotional roller coaster of hope and despair. Eventually, I just stopped trying to fix them and decided to keep my legs covered. For about ten years, I haven't worn shorts. I tend to wear pants in the summer even when it's oppressively hot. I had sort of just become resigned to living my life in hiding.

More recently, I learned about dermal rolling. Someone had mentioned "carboxytherapy" in passing on a related forum post, so I read further and was intrigued by the science behind it. (If you google "carboxytherapy" or "CO2 wound healing," there's tons of information and scholarly articles. It's more commonly used for cosmetic purposes in non-US countries. It boggles my mind that this isn't more well-known as a stretch mark treatment here in the US.)

It was difficult to find any place near me in New Jersey that even offered carboxytherapy, but I ended up stumbling upon the website of a local place in New Brunswick. They explained how the procedure gradually increases circulation and helps the otherwise oxygen-deprived areas around the stretch marks build collagen. They injected the CO2 into each individual mark through a little needle. Inna, the owner, did my injections and she does it very delicately. There's a small "ouch" every so often, but I barely felt it most of the time.

I began to see results after about the third session. Now, I'm on the eighth session and the stretch marks are cosmetically gone. It's almost a crime that I didn't take "before" pictures. I have one small mark that's still visible, but the rest of the marks are so faint now that it's difficult to even locate them when doing the injections. My biggest concern was the texture and concavity of the marks, and carboxytherapy has improved this tenfold.

Best of all, it really is an affordable procedure and there was no downtime. It is amazing to me now that so many charlatans with lasers and bogus creams extort people suffering with stretch marks for thousands of dollars while there is actually a completely legitimate and scientifically cogent treatment for them in carboxytherapy. Essentially, carboxytherapy gives a damaged area the oomph it needs to heal itself.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

This final portion of the review does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service. We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Lurkylurker OMG I'm in NJ too and have this as well. I have never seen stretch marks like mine behind the knees.I would love to send you or post a pic on here of my and ask u to compare to yours.
Thank you so much for your review. I have white stretch marks on my arms and shoulder area. I have light brown skin and it's white so it's very noticeable. I was wondering, because you didn't clarify in your writing, does this procedure turn your stretch marks to a white color, or does it completely eliminate them? I'm just wondering because I've been mainly trying to do something about the color of my stretch marks. I want them to blend in to my skin tone or be barely noticeable. I've been hiding my shoulders and arms with sweaters for all my life, it sucks.
Thank you , truly for posting your experience. I over completely understand your pain I've been dealing n struggling with stretch marks behind my knees since I was about 10 I'm 22 now so that's over 10 years teenage years of hiding and insecurities, discovering this treatment was a blessing to me figuring how I also herd from specialist that stretch marks are/ were a permanent sentence. I'm elated to begin this process n start living. Thank you all RS phenomenal ladies
Medical Aesthetics of NJ