Coolsculpting of Lower Abdomen

I decided to get coolsculpting done because I was...

I decided to get coolsculpting done because I was unhappy with the contour of my body after gaining and losing a ton of weight before and after having a child. After losing the last 20 pounds, my body shape began to become very disproportionate. I have a natural hourglass figure, and as those last few pounds came off, my waist shrunk, leaving localized pockets of fat above and below the waistline. My lower abdomen was much larger than the top, and stuck out a lot.

My goal with this procedure was not to miraculously appear thin. Rather, I simply wanted to shrink the lower abdomen so there was more of a balance between the top and bottom areas of my tummy. I wasn't looking to lose weight, but instead just wanted a more even contour. Needless to say, I had coolsculpting done in September on the lower abdomen. A large applicator was used.

Had another treatment done on 2/22, this time...

Had another treatment done on 2/22, this time using a small applicator on both the upper and lower abs. No swelling, no bruising and way less painful than the large applicator. I wasn't going to update until the one month mark, but I've already seen subtle -- yet noticeable -- results in just one week and couldn't help myself. I can't imagine how awesome the results will be in 2-4 months!

One month and two weeks after second procedure to...

One month and two weeks after second procedure to abdomen pictures added.
Boston Plastic Surgeon

Overall a great experience. My one complaint is that at my 4 month follow-up I was rushed in and out of the office because the specialist "had a patient" and was running late. Last time I checked, I was also a patient, and worthy of the time I was promised to discuss results, concerns and additional procedures. It definitely bothered me.

Are you still happy with the results a year later?
Thank you for your review and updates. I'm about ready to make my appointment for coolsculpting, reading on this website many complain that pain associated with is tremendous.
I'm 52 years old and as far as I can remember my weight is the same 114 pounds and 5'1". But that 2 pound fat deposit is what really disturb me.
My questions are:
1. Did you notice any visible difference from normal after you leave doctors office.
2. I have about 90 minutes drive home, can I do it?
I'm planning not to tell my husband about it.
Thanks for your time!
hi,
just chiming in here-I had some swelling when I left drs,but felt fine! I dont think it would be very noticeable. It is a few days later that you would feel pain, if any at all, so the drive home would be fine in my opinion.
those pictures are incredible. my stomach looks EXACTLY like yours (in the before pic.) i also lost 20+ and have that stubborn pooch, regardless of exercise or diet. THANK YOU!
Wow! You look great.
I'm at 5 weeks after Zeltiq and see a very noticeable difference in both areas, my 4 week follow up measured 1.75 inches less than pre Zeltiq, and the PA said I should expect another inch over the next month. I've also lost about 4 lbs. Super excited and happy with the results!
Results are in the PHOTO...Looks great can't believe you have more results to come. I am only in week 1 can't wait for weeks 3 and 4.
does this help with skin tightening? any improvement with skin tone?
No. It does not tighten the skin. But it also doesn't seem to make skin any looser than it already is.

Wow! Your first treatment went really well but with your second one your results are just amazing. Do the doctors normally recommend multiple treatments?

Thanks! I was VERY happy with the results of just that one treatment.

I never had a consult for other services done at Dr. Hamori's office. I saw Richard Moss once about 2 years ago, and he automatically jumped to the tummy tuck option, which I wasn't interested in at all (before coolsculpting was even around). But you aren't the first to say that of her specifically.

In regard to coolsculpting, you don't even see Dr. Hamori. Just the skin tech.

It's definitely worth it if you have localized fat deposits. I had my upper and lower abs done last week with small applicators... and I'm quite surprised that I'm already seeing noticeable results -- I think I'm going to be VERY pleased at the 2 month mark!
hi there! i was wondering if you had consulted on other options. I am considering this same procedure but not sure if this is the one. vs lipo, tummy tuck, etc....
fyi, in my own experience Dr. Hamori can be VERY abrasive, not sure Id want to go back to her for that very reason! But your results are very good thus far! Please keep us posted on your new results.
Wow I can definitely see a difference ! Cant wait to get mine done !
These are the most recent pictures of my results, taken just last week (@ 4 months after coolsculpting of lower abdomen). ;)

I had my upper and lower abs done this week, however, with small applicators and hope to post follow up photos at the 1 month mark. I also plan to do my love handles.
Hi. I just had Coolsculpting 2/15. How are your results now hat it's been awhile? I had large app on my lower abs and small ones on my love handles. And I'm trying to lose 8 lbs. I'm 5'4 & 130lbs and shaped like an apple.

HI there, thanks for sharing your journey with us. Please keep us updated on your progress.