33 Years Old, 4 Kids, I NEED THIS EXTRA FLAB OFF!!! - Dundee, IL

I decided to do liposuction after a year of...

I decided to do liposuction after a year of working out with a personal trainer and feeling results rather than seeing them. Four years ago I was very fit and athletic, even after having kids. I was a size 8-10 and didn't have any worries. When I was diagnosed 3 years ago with hypothyroidism and also had to have an emergency hysterectomy my body went crazy! The only way that I can explain it, is my body betrayed me in every possible sense. I went from being fit and slender to a size 16-18 without changing any thing in my diet or regime. And let me tell you, trying to keep the west off was a joke. Nothing has worked until I met with my personal trainer and we started targeting my muscle rather than my fat. I have lost inches but no weight on the scale, and it's disheartening every time I look in the mirror.
So 2 weeks ago I decided to use the rest of my tax return money and invest in liposuction of my abdominals, flanks, and saddle-bags....all of my trouble areas. Today is the day of my procedure, and I am more nervous about the IV than anything else :-). I've spent countless hours reviewing other stories on real self and thought that putting my story out there might help someone else.

I'll add before pics and measurements later on for review :-)


Wow, my heart goes out to you. I know how it feels to eat healthy and do all the right things only to have your body not cooperate and gain... hormones.. I had surgery last year and feel over the top happy that I did it. Very best wishes to you, looking forward to hearing about your journey!
  • Reply
Thank you so much. I've started to juice and go all natural just to continue on a good foot after the surgery. I don't want to give my body any reason to turn against me :-). By I feel very confident with my decision and I can already see the differences. What surgery did you have?

Day 1 post op

So after my procedure yesterday, I had a small but painful issue. I didnt get my pain meds filled in a timely manner by Walgreens and ended up spending an hour in some blinding pain in my thighs. Walking around didnt help and neither did laying down. Once the pain meds got to me, it was fine.
I walked around a lot last night just to keep my body moving. Set my phone alarm for every 3.5 hours to take my pain meds so that I didn't have a recap of the earlier pain. Seemed to work just fine.

Today I was able to go to walmart with my mom to get another compression garment for when take my shower tomorrow. I don't want to wash the one I have on and not have another one on for the time it will take to wash and dry it. So I spent $20 on a garment to hold me over on wash days :-). I make sure and get up and walk around about every 30 minutes or so but I do find that relaxing and shutting my eyes comes very easy to me.

Overall, I feel great. I can already see a difference in my thighs and my stomach. When I take my shower tomorrow ill post pictures. Ill apologize right now, I'm not good with taking pictures but I do my best.


Hello, and thank you so much for sharing. We are surgery date mates, so I will check in with you to see how things are going. Congratulations on being done with this part and now on to recovery, Wising you all the best.
  • Reply
Not having the pain meds sucks :(. Cant wait to see your results! Why are you walking around? I ask because excessive walking caused my legs to swell.
  • Reply
I walked around just enough to keep the circulation going and to make sure I wasn't too stiff. And my trip to walmart was just for the CG. I knew what kind I wanted and my mother wouldn't have known how important a crotchless GC was, lol. But 85% of my day was laying down :-)

Day 3

I was able to sleep last night in four hour increments, which was very nice. I woke up this morning feeling very stiff and very swollen.

The only way I can describe how I feel is big uncomfortable blisters on my body. They don't burn or hurt, they are just filled with fluid and are bothersome. Fluid moves around and my skin is warm to the touch. In fact, when I touch my skin under the CG it is so smooth...very weird. But the CG is definitely my best friend.

I tried to take a shower yesterday but it didnt work out for me. Each time I tried to stand up, my blood pressure went down. So, I put a step stool in the shower and sat on it and washed the parts that were important, lol :-). After I felt a bit better, I took a sponge bath and finished getting cleaned.

overall I feel good. It's getting easier to get up out of bed. It will be nice when I get to see more of the results, but from what I could see when I took off the CG, my skin is still very swollen so I don't look so very different. Ill add some more pictures in a week or so when the swelling starts to go down.


Hi all! I took a shower today successfully!! I figured out that if I take the CG off link by link and give my body time to adjust to being "let loose" that my BP wouldn't drop so fast. What a relief to feel totally clean again. :-). So...prep time:5 minutes, shower time:10 minutes, dress time:10 minutes for CG ...total time=25 minutes :-)
  • Reply
I wonder if any others that have been through lipo could comment on the feeling of fluid moving around under the skin. Is that common? I haven't seen any description like that before and would like to be informed before my procedure.
  • Reply
How is the drainage doing? If these "blister" do not subside pls call it doctor. It maybe a normal response by it body but I would not take chance. Good healing.
  • Reply

Day 5

I went to work today. That was interesting. I have a desk job, so all in all it went fine. I hadn't realized how plush my recliner and bed were until I sat on my work chair. I could feel my belly instantly begin to swell. My thighs started to swell too. I got up every 20 minutes or so to walk around and it helped. Only worked a half day, so I'm at home resting :-)

I did take some pictures after my successful shower. I think that the difference is becoming more visible. I also tried on a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear in 4 years, and the darn things fit!! I can't wait to see what size I wear when the swelling goes down.

Pre-op pant size was 16
5 days post-op pant size 12


He did aggressive lipo??????you ok mamacita.....and happy!!! Check .Dr fatima almonte,yily de los santos,,hector contreras.....check their lipos, and another work...you see what im talking about......happy healing honey xoxo
  • Reply
Hi, you are looking amazing. I hope you are feeling good. Congratulations on the smaller jeans. That is awesome. Thanks so much for sharing. It helps us sitting at home trying to get to your level to have some good updates to read. Your bruising is not that bad and should go away quickly. Keep doing well.
  • Reply
I'm unsure as to how much IV fluid I was given, I was given a sedative through the IV and once I was wheeled in to the OR, they up'd my sedative and gave me a spinal block. I can hinestly say that u dnt remember getting the spinal block, but I do remember bits and pieces of conversation and getting squeezed into my CG. My procedure lasted about 3 hours...give or take a few minutes.

Day 8

This has been an alright week. I've been able to go to work each day and sit at my desk. The only complaint that I had was a burning sensation on my right side above my butt cheek and at my lower back...like the region that would be covered up by underwear . It made it difficult to get up from sitting or if I turned the wrong way, the burning feeling was enough to stop me in my tracks. But it was fleeting and not every time.

I went to the doctor for my 1week post-op visit and he took out my stitches. Uncomfortable but bearable. He made them tiny so it took a bit longer to get them out. He said that I am healing very well and the swelling is normal. No seroma!!! I am able to go into a different garment if I choose, but I think ill just stick with the one he gave me and use the one I bought at walmart while I'm washing the other one. I like the idea of being able to click and zip up the garment rather than having to strain trying to get the one piece from walmart on. Because I'm still swollen its a bit painful to get the one piece up...it's painful over my hips...but once it's on I feel great.

I'm walking alright. I feel like a stretching sensation upon rising out of bed or even a sitting position but ipi think that's normal. Hopefully it is...I think it's my skins elasticity and if so....totally cool!! I didn't think I had elasticity left. :-)

Here's day 8 pictures. I think I'm looking better everyday. At least I hope so. I know I made the right decision and the minimal pain that I felt was nothing worse than a tooth ache.


Great results
  • Reply
Where did you get your lipo done at? I am looking for a doctor now and have been really nervous and want to make sure I find someone I can trust and who is going to do a great job! You look amazing!!
  • Reply
Hi victoriag0131. I went to fox valley plastic surgery in west dundee, il. I chose to go there because a friend of my mother had some work done there and I only go by referrals :-). It was also very close to my house so I did not have to worry about traveling long distances for appts. Dr. Lambrushi is extremely personable and ready and willing to answer any questions that you have. I felt very comfortable and knew at my initial consultation that I had chosen well. They do not have set prices for their procedures which I like. My price was tailored to me and my body. The staff there was excellent as well and treated me like a person not just another client. And thank you for the compliment. :-). If there is any other information that I can help you with please let me know. I'm glad to help!
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Was this review helpful? 3 others found this helpful