Vein Clinic PA -Awful Experience - Duluth, MN

I went to have a consultation, and I was told that...

I went to have a consultation, and I was told that I did need procedures and should schedule a vein mapping. I was given information about how my insurance would cover the procedures, and they helped me schedule an appointment. On February 12, I had the vein mapping and was able to schedule two appointments at Vein Clinic PA. However, on the Friday before the first Monday appointment, I was told that my insurance would not cover the procedures and that they had canceled my appointments. I called my insurance and found out that they had the same policy in effect for quite some time, and they told me the date the policy went into effect. However, Vein Clinic made it sound as if the insurance had changed their policy with only a couple of weeks' notice. After spending hours on the phone with a manager, all I got out of it was a lame apology. Nothing was offered to me by way of reconciliation. Not coupons for discounts on other services, and no refund, because they said that would cause a problem with my insurance coverage (I wonder what kind), and they suggested nothing. In fact, near the end of the conversation I was asked whether I would still consider coming back for the procedures at a later date. I was so angry I could hardly answer, because I'm a polite person and couldn't say what I was thinking. Since then they have not been in contact until today, when they sent me their cheery newsletter as if nothing happened.

Northern Living

I would like the person called "Northern Living" to tell me truthfully that they have no affiliation with Vein Clinic, PA, because their comment sounds like someone who spoke to me from that clinic.
Vein Clinic PA

The consultation and vein mapping were done in a professional manner. It is the business office with which I take issue. I never did see a doctor.

I am disappointed that in the snippet that shows when people Google this, the comment below shows up as " insurance companies are the issue". That wasn't my problem.
Hi Barara,

Unfortunately, we can't control what snippet Google displays in their search results. We do provide them with a page description but it's their choice whether to display it (they rarely do). Instead, they usually display parts of the page that contain the search terms you've used. So, for example, if you Google the name of the provider then that name will usually be highlighted in the snippet.

I hope this helps to clarify.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

In this case, the insurance company had the same policy for a couple of years. Vein Clinic, PA's business office told me that although they had checked, and they told me that my insurance would pay, that they had received a notice at the beginning of that month saying their policy had changed. This was not true. I found out later what the date was on the insurance's change in policy, and it was not when Vein Clinic said it was. Even if it had been when they said it was, they could have told me a couple of weeks in advance of my appointment, because by their own admission, they had the information that early. People in the business office gave me bad information. I stand by my original statement. I don't like everything done by insurance companies, either, and I find myself in the awkward position of saying it wasn't their fault, but I'm not going to lie about my experience.
No, it wasn't the insurance company's fault. I talked to them.
This week I got their newsletter again. I had asked to be dropped from their email list, so now they want to send me paper mail. They just can't get it right.
I can sympathize with you on the frustration, but I think you should be frustrated with the insurance company and not the doctor. I know they give the clinics a hard time. In my case it was few weeks. Our insurance system sucks in general. You are right that they should have given you better explanation though. Good luck! Don't give up!

Ugh how frustrating!!  So did you have this procedure done and pay out of pocket for it?