Lower Blepharoplasty - Duluth, MN

I noticed about ten years ago at the age of 27,...

I noticed about ten years ago at the age of 27, that I was starting to inherit the family eye bags. Year after year I become more self concious of it and it was starting to limit my life. After working in surgery the past few years and learning about the procedure and getting to know the plastic surgeon, I decided to meet with him about it.

He told me I was a very good candidate for the procedure as I had a pretty prominent issue with the fat prolapse under the eye and also some loose ligaments as well. We set a surgery date for March 14 2012. I also had some other cosmetic work on my body at the same time. But, I didnt have much pain in the eyes, it was uncomfortable and they were very bruised right off the bat. All and all, it was a great decision. My eyes look better and better everyday! Today is 8 days post op and I am very pleased.

After reading this, I wanted to add that it was...

After reading this, I wanted to add that it was painful in the beginning and quickly faded to discomfort each passing day.
Sherman Plastic Surgeon

If I could add more stars I would! Dr. Solomon really cares about his patients from start to finish. Calls were answered immediately if I had questions. I am a very indecisive person by nature, a trip to the grocery store can be hard so making a decision to change my face and body was very hard. I went back and forth a lot and each time Dr.Solomon met with me and had a smile on his face, answering all my questions no matter how little or repetative they were. His PA Rebecca, is just as amazing as Dr Solomon, shes very kind and helpful.

How soon were you able to wear makeup?
Hello, I believe I waited the full month. I didn't want to risk my eye makeup permanently tattooing my eyes
I can tell you that i have no pain at all in arms, just swollen. I did not have any eye pain & no blue bruising. That has been amazing. The facelift gave me immediate results. Like wow. That has also had very little pain & bruising on neck but nothing crazy. I have watched my salt intake very closely & have been putting arnica gel on bruising every hour. I have also not gone outside at all in this heat & humidity. Only early am. I think the doctor makes all the difference. Thanks guys!
hi guys: Had my full facelift and lower eyes along with arm lipo weds. I am actually feeling ok...not nearly as painful as I was prepared for. April...my dr said arm lipo works if you still have some arm elasticity in your arms. Cant tell anything right now because they are swollen. The worst pain is my neck and ears. No pain with eyes at all.
hi how are you have any pic so i can see how yr face looks you never know i might need it oneday lol
Thank you! I'm going to see one of our docs who are good at arms soon. I hope you feel better quickly!
I have finally put up my blog with pictures. Here is the web address:http://www.realself.com/review/south-carolina-eyelid-surgery-lower-blepharoplasty-worth
hi Tina,
if that is your update pic you fab really nice job so attractive i must say.., but i could not find your update pictures mayb they might take a bit to up load, ill try again tomorrow to see , but you look great ..
Hi Tina,
You look fantastic. I know exactly how you felt about people making comments about how "tired" you looked. People would say that to me too. I hated shaving every day and seeing those "bags" under my eyes. Notice... depending on the lighting in the room, my bags would look either ok or bad to me. I had my surgery June 5th. So, it has been alittle over a month. I still have some swelling around my eyes. My friends notice it, but they told me a stranger wouldn't be able to tell. I would say I look about 90% healed. I"M so glad I had it done. No bags now!! Again, you look great!
How is everyone? I havent seen any post in awhile. Lori...how have you been doing? Love to have an update on you.
hi all - I was considering having this done but read that there was a very slight / rare but possible chance of blindness - that was enough to put me off as I don't think I could bare that - how did you feel about that - did it not worry you?
Mike...yes, i did see that chance. Very rare, but a chance. I think it makes a huge difference when you make sure you have a GOOD surgeon ,and two, if you really want something bad enough, you tend to bank on that NOT happening to you. I'm very happy with results. Whoever you have do yours(if you decide to) make sure you see pictures of thier work and if there have been any complications after the surgeons surgeries.
Pam. Im doing good. Thanks for asking. Bruises are almost fully gone. My one eye still has fluid. But it takes time. Im ready for it to go away. But have to be patient. Lol.
Tina...how are your eyes feeling?
Lori...good to hear youre doing well. Will pray all goes smooth. I go to my doc again tomorrow. Hoping my eye is improving from steroid drops.
tina hi , just went to my doc today he mentioned steriod drops to me aswell as i have a bit of redness and still have a small amount of swelling but didnt take then as he whats to see me in three weeks ... why did you get steriod drops ??
I need steroid drops because on my right eye there's some fluid behind the lining of the eye building up. Can be common in these surgeries. I see him today, so anxious to see what he says about it. I've been using drops for 5 days so far.
Thanks guys! I did a review it will probably show up tomorrow. I wish we all lived each other so we could meet up for happy hour someday !!
Lori,
Congrats on your surgery. Glad to hear all went well. Look forward to future post!
yes it would be fab , coffee and a good chat with heaps of friend support..one day Lori it would be nice, hear from you soon... oh hows your throat ??
Hope you feel better very soon...keep up posted girl!
Got home couple hours ago..worst pain is throat so far
lets us know how you go ,its day one keep your spirits up each day will give you a different result hope pain goes soon for you , in my thoughts
I'm hours away from surgery and now I'm nervous!!!
good luck Lori cant wait to see how things went , thinking of you ..