40 Years Old and Two C Sections Later - Duluth, GA

After having two c sections and gaining 30 pounds...

After having two c sections and gaining 30 pounds my abdominal muscles were stretched out and I had lost all elasticity of the skin in my lower tummy.
After two years of running, kick boxing and a few months of cross fitting I've decided if the tummy wasn't gone before the big 40 .. a TT would be the greatest birthday gift to myself.

One month po

Finally doing a little cardio ... Lite treadmill .. No more than 5.0 with incline of 3.0 ... I also am running laps in the pool for about ten mins .. It feels so good and it has helped me straighten up while walking

Pics of skin removed

Today was my one month follow up. All is well ... Body doing great. Ask to see how much skin was removed and I was shocked ... Didn't know I has that much to be removed . Happy it did it tho

Hitting the gym

Today is a month after my TT... And I feel great. Everyone is surprised how I'm up, moving around and hitting the gym
so quickly. My PS said I was ok to workout but absolutely no core... Upper and lower body with maybe 20 pounds ... Just listen to my body. So I decided to do aqua fit to minimize any stress to my body and lite treadmill . Incline of 3.0 and worked my way to 5.0 for 30 mins. First week all went well, I even worked out 4 times that week.

Second week, which is this week I stepped it up to the stepper ( the moving stairs one ) lawd I worked up a good sweat ... No pain or discomfort but I do wear a compression garment for extra support. I do this for 20 mins then off to some weight training for either my arms, back , shoulder or legs .. Anything besides the core. I have learned I use my core more than I truly knew. I would do 4 sets of 25 at a weight that I can get a burn but not pain. This has helped me tremendously. I notice I stand 100% upright. The swelling had gone down and my abs are loosening up.

After every workout I seat in the sauna for 20 mins to stretch and loosen my muscles. I know this may not work got everyone after 30 days but it has for me. I was mentally siking myself when it came to standing straight. I was scared to pull my core and I walked hunched for the first 3 weeks. Once I tried the gym all worries was gone.

First 5 mile jog/ walk then hiked 2 miles @ Stone Mountain

This past weekend I tried my luck on some running . It wasn't too bad ... I wore a waist cincher to give me some support. I would run 5-7 mins then walk 1-2 . I felt no pain a little discomfort in my side. I did 5 miles in 57-58 mins which is a little slow for me but considering I'm proud of myself. After a 10 min break I hiked up the mountain which is a mile then came back down. In all I did excellent to be only 7 weeks PO

Undergarment I find to be very helpful

I wear to type of under garments ... A waisted cincher and a boy short shape wear. They help me out when it comes to working out and everyday activities.. I brought them both from Macy's but I know you can get them from other places. My favorite is flexees, it feels like a second skin, very soft, breathable and comfortable

Belly button / scar tissue

Today was my 2 month PO. All is well except the belly button. It hard so Dr Song gave me a steroid shot to soften it up. Have to go back in a month

Ran my first 11 miles since surgery

I'm preparing for my next half ... I had to postpone one due to my recovery but if I knew I would heal rather quickly I could have dons it on sept 6 but I didn't want to injury my process but Oct 4 .... Is different ... My body can resist the pounding of the pavement and I'm happy .. 6 weeks to go for my post op half run

Healthy and fit journey

Going threw pictures .... How different a little weight can make you look different
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Dr Song is the most sincere, caring and professional PS I've came across. His bedside manners is impeccable. The staff is wonderful. He have answer his cellphone every time I called. He even calls you the night after the surgery and a few days after to insecure all is going well. I strongly recommend him.

hey de dee...you know the white compression band they gave you? how long did you wear that before switching to your other compression garments? Dr. Song checked mine yesterday and said it was tight enough but I don't feel like it is. I guess I was expecting to barely be able to breathe lol! do you think I should switch to something tighter once the drain comes out? were the other compression garments you got tighter than the one they gave you? tnx!
I switch out ASAP .. It wasn't holding me either
yeah was ready to switch out this week after the drain came out but the middle of my incision isn't doing as well as Dr. Song would like so no CG for me at the incision site until I see him Thurs :(
W.O.W. great job woman!!! you look awesome....keep it up :)!!!
Wow, you look amazing, you are an inspiration with your hard work! I'm so tired of my gut getting in the way during ab exercises and my boobs getting in the way with EVERYTHING!
Thank you !!! It's truly appreciated. I understand after losing the weight, my gut was all in the way. I know you will do fine and look great once yours is completed
U look awesome!
You look great girl!!!
Thanks a lot
awesome job girl!!!! You love great :)!!!
*look lol!
you look great!!!! tiny little waist :). does Dr. song think the bb might be keloid scars? 3 weeks for me!!
Congrats !!!! No it has soften in one day . I don't keloid thank god !!! How's your healing process going ?
Oh I miss read .. U have 3 weeks before it time for yours! :-)
ha I wish I was 3 weeks out now ;)
I been thinking about doing this for years.. Im active just like you. In the gym about 5 times a week... Im just trying to figure oug how i will care for my 2 kids while this is going on as i am A simgle parent... Im just tired of looking at this stomach! You made if a little easier for me by postung your progress.
I'm a single mother too but my sons are teenagers so they help just a little lol. I'm not going to lie ... You will need some help the first fee weeks
Few
Did your PS put you in some kind of compression garment or binder after surgery? I wish I had the strength and energy like you.. I hope I can get back in the gym by week 6.. But thats one more week from now & I still cannot stand straight and when I get up after I have been sitting I get muscle spasms.. Just wondering do you ever experience any of this? You look great!
I wore the binder that was given the first 2-3 weeks after that I wore the two I post earlier. The one with the back support helped me stand up. I walked a lot as per my PS .. Maybe 5 mins every few hours. I was determined to go back to my normal life. But it took about 6 weeks to stand up 90%. The sauna helped loosen my core. The tightness / pulling is minimal right now. First thing in the morning at most. I still have to roll out bed and I take it slow lying flat in bed.
thanks for posting the CG pics!!
No problem
You look incredible! Congrats!