Good Result for Sagging Face, I'm Happy - Duluth, GA

I suffered a minor soft tissue injury to the left...

I suffered a minor soft tissue injury to the left side of my face 8 years ago. Over time and with aging, the left side of my face from the cheek down was visibly sagging more and faster than the right side of my face, which did not suffer an injury. So this year at age 51 I decided to do something about the problem left side. I could not afford, and did not want, invasive surgery. My only goal was to repair the left side sagging so that it would tighten up and be even with the right side, which is sagging a little with age in a natural looking way.

I found a reputable doctor in my area, they had a lot of experience with Thermage and told me results would be immediate (they were). The doctor consulted with me first and created a special price for me since I only needed half of one side of my face done. During the procedure I was allowed to choose how high on the meter I wanted to go, knowing that the higher number would be more uncomfortable.

Thermage is not "fun" because of the stinging during the procedure, but I am happy with the result and feel the outcome was completely in line with the money I spent. Thermage repaired the unnatural sagging on the left side of my face so that now both sides appear pretty much the same. I am considering going back for one more session on the left side to pull it up just a bit more from my smile line across to my temple. But if I don't go back, I am satisfied with the result I achieved.

I would recommend Thermage especially to women who have suffered minor strokes and still have some residual sagging in their face. I think it might also be a good choice for victims of auto accidents or domestic violence who have suffered some tissue injury in the facial area that has caused them to appear prematurely old and sagging.

Just an update.  The small drooping area on...

Just an update.  The small drooping area on the left side of my face has loosened up a bit since my treatment in Nov. 2009.  I'm pretty sure that's because of the nature of the soft-tissue injury I sustained years ago, which is causing the premature sagging.  That said, I was still told the effect would be permanent.  But in my case, that doesn't seem to be a reasonable expectation.  I'm not sure the $900 was worth it now, but I'll leave my rating as it is with a thumbs up, because immediately after I finished my session my face did look really improved, and stayed that way for quite some time thereafter.  In my case,  however, I believe a small amount of surgery is going to be necessary to pull up the slackness in the skin tissue on that side.

Kendra Cole

Has lots of experience in this procedure and they will work with you if you have special needs.

Thermage is NOT permanent. It is however cumulative. I love it. The first treatment I got wasn't very impressive so I returned a year later for another. The results were dramatic especially from the side. It also improved a scar I have on my chin and it really evened out my skin tone. Full face and neck cost me $1500 and I get it done every two years whether I need it or not. I feel it's very good maintenance and very inexpensive for the results I get. I do of course use other very effective skin care regimens such as Retin A and a facial sunscreen EVERY day but I don't think I'll be stopping my Thermage treatments anytime in the near future.

What State are you? That is a very reasonable price for face AND neck

This is an update. I do not fault Dr. Cole, but my results lasted only about 3 months. The left side of my face is visibly droopy again. So for me, surgery to correct this is clearly the only permanent solution. Dr. Cole's office has a website, easy to find.
can you please tell me the address of this clinic? I had the same procedure overseas 2 years ago but it costed me around $2K now that i need to have another treatment, can you please advise where is this clinic in Duluth? Thanks so much !
I am 52 and had this treatment while on holiday in Thailand last month February 2010 cost £1,200 I am very happy so far but can anyone tell me if I should still have facials and about aftercare, should I still use antiwrinkle creams? I am hoping the tightening will continue as they said it should last up to 3 years.
How long ago did you have this done? Would be nice to know how long the affects last. I am very glad you are happy with the outcome. :)
I had it done right before Thanksgiving. I will say, however, that the doctor and his therapist/assistant (who has had lots of stuff done to her face) were both clear about my probably wanting a maintenance re-do in a year or two. This did not surprise or disappoint me. I had a perfect upper eye lift done in 1998 just before I turned 40. The effects lasted 7 years, and then my upper eyelids returned almost to their presurgery droopiness. Before surgery, my doctor told me the lift could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years. NOTE: The droopiness is less if I can keep my body fat down pretty low (under 22%, which at my age is kinda tough). The same is true of the droopiness on the left side of my face - less body fat helps a lot. That said, I don't have a problem going back in a couple of years. I really feel the treatment improved the overall texture of my skin on that side as well.