So Far So Good - Duluth, GA

I had my mini tummy tuck yesterday and I am on...

I had my mini tummy tuck yesterday and I am on Pain killer and Valium so if I make grammar errors, that is why. So far the pain hasn't been as bad as I thought. I am a 54 year old woman with three adult children, ages 31, 22 and 20 born by caesarean. As noted in other women's posts I too had the c-section, "apron" (fat overhang, shelf) plus just regular pregnancy pouch. I weigh 148 at almost 5'5 ft. Always joked that after we women finish having babies we should get liposuction thrown in for free. I live in Georgia but was raised in a Midwestern state where I grew up with the pioneer spirt of practicality and not being self-indulgent or vain. So it took me a long time to decide to do this for myself. But I used to get a few people to ask if I was pregnant, and I often felt negative twinges and have frowns when looking in the mirror. I also want my tummy off my lap when I am driving. Now finishing menopause, I have to deal with aging but I still want to feel pretty even if not young.

My husband griped about the money but he understood why I wanted to do it and it was good to know he accepted me as I was. He said "you don't deserve to have that tummy when you don't eat much and exercise so much" (walking, tai chi, leg and butt lifts). He pointed to his tummy and said he deserved his because he eats so much, haha.
Mostly, my thought is I want to restore my tummy to where it would be without pregnancy or 3 c sections.
So yesterday the Dr. performed the mini tummy tuck . He cut open and extended the c section scar, pulled the skin taut, cut off the excess skin, tightened the muscles below the belly button and suctioned tummy fat below and also some fat above the belly button. He offered at pre-op to liposuction "aggressively" the top of hip, waist area and at first I agreed but then strangely I felt like I didn't want too much to change...I told him to just take a little from that area, but not much , .I wanted to be me. Not to do a big makeover, to do the restoration of my tummy....But I said anything on my tummy is fair game! Maybe I'd feel if differently if I was 30 but that is how I feel now. I wonder if any one ever said to the doctor before, "no let me keep my fat." : )
The procedure went smoothly. An hour and a half or possibly a bit more...who can keep track of time under general anesthesia. It hurt a lot when I woke up. The main worry is the increase risk of blood clots with tummy tuck and mini tummy tucks relative to other surgeries. They gave me compression socks and I have to Give myself blood thinner shots for 10 days for prevention of clots. The most important thing is to walk around a lot so clots don't form. ...I put a photo of the compression garment up and maybe ill put some before and after shots when I feel up to it. The clear bulb is the receptacle for the drain , which drains the excess fluid from your tummy. I may still have some rough times head but so far so good.

one week out

I was able to switch from percocet to tylenol extra strength after 4 days. I am back to work half time (sedentary job). I think I will be happy with the results. I'll do a side view next month when all swelling goes down.

Update -two weeks and one day

Very pleased. Remember, I didn't let him do too much liposuction so don't blame him if I'm not svelte. I feel like me again ( after those c sections) and that is what I wanted.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Dr song was nice and is brilliant..all the staff members were friendly and the anesthesiologist was competent and humorous.

Hello, I was wondering if you could post any front view before pictures as well as a current post op one? Thanks!
Wow you do not look like 54 … or I should say your tummy does not look like 54 :) but I am sure the rest is as youthful ! I am 54 and I am preparing things to get a TT. And just to answer to your question "if anybody would say no to too much fat removal?" I actually feel the same way. WHen the surgeon suggested that I should get a full TT and that I would be happy with the result, I told my surgeon I only want a mini tummy tuck because I am 54 and don't need to compete with my 32 year old daughter :) I only want the overhang from my pregnancies gone ….. that is all. I had my breast lift and liposuction when I was younger and it was great but now it is less a thing of wanting to be younger or prettier …. it is more that I just want to feel comfortable again. And yes my husband also things I am just fine the way I am. Well nice of him to say. Well, I hope I will be as lucky as you and all goes well.
You look great ! I'm 50 and I'm having a MTT lipo of upper & lower stomach . I sure hope I'm happy with a mini .
Is that the actual price you paid for your mini tummy tuck?
Yes.....it is priced by surgery hours....mine took 1 and one half hours .....as estimated. Very fair...and he is kind...even gave me his cell phone number if I had any problems after hours which I didn't .
Wow that's great you look great!
Congratulations! Yes Dr. Song is the greatest!!! I can't say enough wonderful about him or his staff. I had surgery on the 28th for breast lift and augmentation, his work is PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL!
That's nice that you had a good experience too....
If you get a chance will you please update with new pictures? I have started the process to get a tummy tuck with Dr. Song as well. I hope that I am able to have surgery before Christmas. That would be the best Christmas present ever!.
You look wonderful!!
Thank you...and good luck on your surgery.
you look great, how is your scar and what are you using on it...
Mederma

Welcome to the community!   Thank you for posting your review and sharing your story.

Rest and more rest for now.  Keep us up to date.