So Far So Good - Duluth, GA

I had my mini tummy tuck yesterday and I am on...

I had my mini tummy tuck yesterday and I am on Pain killer and Valium so if I make grammar errors, that is why. So far the pain hasn't been as bad as I thought. I am a 54 year old woman with three adult children, ages 31, 22 and 20 born by caesarean. As noted in other women's posts I too had the c-section, "apron" (fat overhang, shelf) plus just regular pregnancy pouch. I weigh 148 at almost 5'5 ft. Always joked that after we women finish having babies we should get liposuction thrown in for free. I live in Georgia but was raised in a Midwestern state where I grew up with the pioneer spirt of practicality and not being self-indulgent or vain. So it took me a long time to decide to do this for myself. But I used to get a few people to ask if I was pregnant, and I often felt negative twinges and have frowns when looking in the mirror. I also want my tummy off my lap when I am driving. Now finishing menopause, I have to deal with aging but I still want to feel pretty even if not young.

My husband griped about the money but he understood why I wanted to do it and it was good to know he accepted me as I was. He said "you don't deserve to have that tummy when you don't eat much and exercise so much" (walking, tai chi, leg and butt lifts). He pointed to his tummy and said he deserved his because he eats so much, haha.
Mostly, my thought is I want to restore my tummy to where it would be without pregnancy or 3 c sections.
So yesterday the Dr. performed the mini tummy tuck . He cut open and extended the c section scar, pulled the skin taut, cut off the excess skin, tightened the muscles below the belly button and suctioned tummy fat below and also some fat above the belly button. He offered at pre-op to liposuction "aggressively" the top of hip, waist area and at first I agreed but then strangely I felt like I didn't want too much to change...I told him to just take a little from that area, but not much , .I wanted to be me. Not to do a big makeover, to do the restoration of my tummy....But I said anything on my tummy is fair game! Maybe I'd feel if differently if I was 30 but that is how I feel now. I wonder if any one ever said to the doctor before, "no let me keep my fat." : )
The procedure went smoothly. An hour and a half or possibly a bit more...who can keep track of time under general anesthesia. It hurt a lot when I woke up. The main worry is the increase risk of blood clots with tummy tuck and mini tummy tucks relative to other surgeries. They gave me compression socks and I have to Give myself blood thinner shots for 10 days for prevention of clots. The most important thing is to walk around a lot so clots don't form. ...I put a photo of the compression garment up and maybe ill put some before and after shots when I feel up to it. The clear bulb is the receptacle for the drain , which drains the excess fluid from your tummy. I may still have some rough times head but so far so good.

one week out

I was able to switch from percocet to tylenol extra strength after 4 days. I am back to work half time (sedentary job). I think I will be happy with the results. I'll do a side view next month when all swelling goes down.

Update -two weeks and one day

Very pleased. Remember, I didn't let him do too much liposuction so don't blame him if I'm not svelte. I feel like me again ( after those c sections) and that is what I wanted.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Dr song was nice and is brilliant..all the staff members were friendly and the anesthesiologist was competent and humorous.