An Easier Way of Life -- BR of a 20 Year Old College Student - Duluth, GA

I feel like this is redundant. I've had above...

I feel like this is redundant. I've had above average boobs since puberty. It always made me uncomfortable, but I never thought I'd ever consider plastic surgery until I started having back pain and neck pain. The thought of a reduction became more and more appealing as bra shopping became more difficult as well as traveling, running, clothes shopping, etc.
Around my 20th birthday, I went to a consultation, decided it was the right choice, and scheduled my surgery for July 15. Only a few more days!

SO CLOSE!

So, this is my last weekend with my oversized tatas. I keep thinking about how soon it'll be the last time my friends see them, last time I have difficulty running after my boyfriend's 4 year old boy, last time I look at half my closet and think "no." Gotta tell ya, it's so exciting.
My main fear is the idea of anesthetics so if anyone has some reassuring words on that, it would be so appreciated! I've lined up every single episode of Charmed and The O.C. to watch (poor boyfriend... But he secretly loves Charmed.. shhhh!), sounds like a plan to me :)

The last time I will ever have to...

Today, I found myself in a situation where the only bra I could wear was a 36 DD and I was adjusting all day long. So annoying. Can't believe that will be the last time i lay down side ways on a bed and feel like my whole chest is falling out. The 36 DD was tight, so I feel like I am an F? I don't know because I am just too tired of buying new bras that i just wear a sports bra. At least, until Monday :)

Tips?

Later today, I am going to be packing my stuff for the week since I am staying at my mom's house. Any tips on things to bring?

The Other Side

Hey you guys! I just woke up from a nap and now I feel so much stronger than before. So, I have never had surgery before until today. When I woke up and get to the hospital, I so nervous. They did their tests and such and I talked to the anesthesiologist, which eased my thoughts a little, and I got to talk to my mom. Then they wheeled me back to the room and said "just going to give you a little oxygen." And I was out. hahaha. Waking up was so hard for me. I definitely wanted to go back to sleep and could barely keep my eyes open to go to the recovery bed. They tried giving me anti nausea medicine, but I still couldn't keep down my ginger ale and crackers lol. But that was the end of the nausea.
I went home and kept on sleeping. I was, and still am, so exhausted. I also took the pain killers because the pain is pretty bad. Not unbearable but definitely not the best feeling. I haven't taken of the bandages yet. Maybe in 2 days I will. I am wearing a shirt that would never have buttoned before! it looks a little small still but thats only because I am under 14 layers of padding :P. The fact that it can button is just amazing!

Feeling Great!

So today is my first full day out of surgery. I am really surprised by how little pain I have. I honestly thought I would be super uncomfortable and dealing with extreme pain, but it's like... level 2 out of 10. but I am still very exhausted and continue to nap on and off throughout the day.

Little update & question!

Yesterday went well, I am trying to take less pain medication but I keep getting throbbing headaches whenever i stand up. Not fun. But I am laying down/sitting for hours at a time, so the blood rushing to my head feels intense. I am still feeling a little weak, but my range of motion is pretty great and my main complaint is that I want to let my girls free from this constricting surgical bra! haha. I can tell they are really swollen because normal boobs would squish together in a bra like this but mine are separate and pretty solid. Definitely more comfortable than getting boob sweat in the pink sports bra I used to wear. haha.
Today I will take my first real shower since the surgery, will post pics later.
One question though -- how long was it before you (post op ladies) started doing everyday activities like shopping, seeing friends, going out to eat, etc. Nothing too crazy, just some easy things to get out of the house.

(first shower)

before and after!

friend came over today

and said i still looked huge! maybe it was all the padding in the surgical bra and all the swelling combined, so it might be hard to notice the difference but now i feel disheartened a bit.... sigh :/

Going back to my apartment tomorrow!

Today marks the last day I will be staying at my mom's house basically on bed rest. It has NOT been easy. But the good news is, the hardest part was having to sit alone almost all day, not the pain or discomfort! Haha. I have my post op appointment on Monday so hopefully I will get some information then on when I can be free of the tyranny of my surgical bra!
Other than that, I've been so excited to try on all my clothes (eventually). i tried on one of my old (and hideous... what was i thinking?!) sundresses, and it fit with no bra or tank top or camisole underneath it! I almost cried. It was like slowly mending all the bad things I had though about myself and all the times I tried on outfit after outfit just trying to feel comfortable.
This weekend, I still plan to take it easy, but I will have my boyfriend to keep me company and hopefully we can go out for a little bit so it shouldn't be as unnerving.

Feeling Amazing!

Wow, it has been a great week! Every day is a new adventure with the new boobs. Always learning things that feel different and clothes that look cuter.
So, I went to my first post op appointment today and got my stitches taken out and such. I am now able to wear just a regular sports bra, so I went out and bought some at Target that will work well with my clothes.

New pictures -- A week post op!

Almost 2 weeks... Uneven swelling?!

Everything is feeling great! No problem areas except my right boob is larger than the left one, which worries me but hopefully it will even out in the next few weeks. It isn't so bad that I feel awkward in bras/clothing, luckily. Did anyone else have this problem?

3 AND A HALF MONTHS OH MY GOSH!

Hey everyone! Just doing a little update after 3 and a half months of enjoying my new breasts haha. So, before my surgery I was squeezing into a DDD/E. Honestly, I just wore a sports bra because I could not find bras that fit me properly. Now, I am a 36 D. I thought a C would be perfect, but I am really loving D. I always liked having curves and now they're perfectly proportionate. I can wear V necks and tank tops and traveling is 10 times easier and sleeping and sitting at desks. Can't even begin to say what an effect this has had on my self esteem. I am not going to a new university in a new town and I feel comfortable making new friends and going places without worrying about what my breasts look like in the shirt i am wearing. Anyways, Added a picture for before and after. HUGE difference. Everything is beautiful and nothing hurts :)

I love hearing from all of you guys so please comment! :D
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Really nice and knowledgable!