An Easier Way of Life -- BR of a 20 Year Old College Student - Duluth, GA

I feel like this is redundant. I've had above...

I feel like this is redundant. I've had above average boobs since puberty. It always made me uncomfortable, but I never thought I'd ever consider plastic surgery until I started having back pain and neck pain. The thought of a reduction became more and more appealing as bra shopping became more difficult as well as traveling, running, clothes shopping, etc.
Around my 20th birthday, I went to a consultation, decided it was the right choice, and scheduled my surgery for July 15. Only a few more days!

Awe good luck to you! You are pretty young are you taking steps to be able to breast feed in the future if that's important to you later in life? I will tell you this being pregnant with large breasts was VERY hard, this is awesome step towards comfort. God bless, heal quickly!
I did talk to my doctor about the risks of no longer being able to breast feed and he said that there is no guarantee but he will try to keep the connection from the nipple as in tact as possible. Breast feeding is not huge on my list of concerns at the moment because I am very young and already help my boyfriend raise his 4 year old son, so I'm not sure I want kids of my own. Cross that bridge when I come to it :)
The only people who tell you to keep those beauties, are people who haven't been through the woes of being big chested themselves. While they are beautiful, I can relate! I'm getting a BR this fall and am so anxious and excited to finally be in proportion with the rest of my body. This is about what you want, doing something that's best for yourself, that will make you happier and more comfortable in your own skin! You're making a good decision! Best Wishes :)

SO CLOSE!

So, this is my last weekend with my oversized tatas. I keep thinking about how soon it'll be the last time my friends see them, last time I have difficulty running after my boyfriend's 4 year old boy, last time I look at half my closet and think "no." Gotta tell ya, it's so exciting.
My main fear is the idea of anesthetics so if anyone has some reassuring words on that, it would be so appreciated! I've lined up every single episode of Charmed and The O.C. to watch (poor boyfriend... But he secretly loves Charmed.. shhhh!), sounds like a plan to me :)

Just had mine 3 days ago and was terrified of the GA. It was all for not. The amount of energy I spent worrying was unnecessary. You will be fine. : )
First, congratulations on making this decision! I was so torn about having this surgery, the reason being I was afraid to not be able to breast feed; that was the ONLY thing holding me back. I talked with my PS and she said the same thing, no guarantee but she would do what she could. I came to peace because I realized whether I breastfed or not, I could still be an awesome mom. I also thought about all the things I couldn't do comfortably being so busty and knew I could do them with my future children if I had this surgery. One year of breast feeding wasn't more important to me than a lifetime of activities and opportunities to do things with my kids. Regardless of the breast feeding issue, you are making a great decision! You will be so happy! Best of luck next week :)

The last time I will ever have to...

Today, I found myself in a situation where the only bra I could wear was a 36 DD and I was adjusting all day long. So annoying. Can't believe that will be the last time i lay down side ways on a bed and feel like my whole chest is falling out. The 36 DD was tight, so I feel like I am an F? I don't know because I am just too tired of buying new bras that i just wear a sports bra. At least, until Monday :)

I have a history of vertigo and when I woke up from surgery I felt sick. I didn't puke and once my nurse could get insurance approval (ugh insurance) she put something in my IV and I felt no pain and no nausea. I've been on this site a lot and young healthy women handle this surgery amazingly well. Good for you making the decision to get this surgery so you can live the rest of your adult life comfortably. You'll do great, good luck!
Good luck!! I had mine last week, GA was awesome, I was sick afterwards but once I threw up once I was fine! So I'm sure the worst you can expect is some queasiness and they will help you out with some anti-nauseants and you will be fine! Good luck, you definitely won't regret it :)
My surgeon told me at my post-op consult that he preserved enough for me to be able to breastfeed so I am pretty thrilled :) Though it wasn't a deal breaker for me anyway, hence the decision to do it before having kids. I was of the opinion cross that bridge when I come to it, too

Tips?

Later today, I am going to be packing my stuff for the week since I am staying at my mom's house. Any tips on things to bring?

How did it go?!
Dry shampoo, sanitary pads (great to stick in your top to catch any excess fluid/blood/ooze), trackpants/pyjamas and hoodies, BIG drink bottle so you don't have to re-fill as often :)
thanks!

The Other Side

Hey you guys! I just woke up from a nap and now I feel so much stronger than before. So, I have never had surgery before until today. When I woke up and get to the hospital, I so nervous. They did their tests and such and I talked to the anesthesiologist, which eased my thoughts a little, and I got to talk to my mom. Then they wheeled me back to the room and said "just going to give you a little oxygen." And I was out. hahaha. Waking up was so hard for me. I definitely wanted to go back to sleep and could barely keep my eyes open to go to the recovery bed. They tried giving me anti nausea medicine, but I still couldn't keep down my ginger ale and crackers lol. But that was the end of the nausea.
I went home and kept on sleeping. I was, and still am, so exhausted. I also took the pain killers because the pain is pretty bad. Not unbearable but definitely not the best feeling. I haven't taken of the bandages yet. Maybe in 2 days I will. I am wearing a shirt that would never have buttoned before! it looks a little small still but thats only because I am under 14 layers of padding :P. The fact that it can button is just amazing!

Congrats, you made it! Sorry to hear you were nauseous, isn't that the worst feeling? I was the same, and also REALLY sleepy, my friends and partner came to hospital and I just snoozed. You're on the other side!!!
same here! I was trying so hard to stay awake and talk to my mom and the nurse but i just kept on falling back asleep! But around 8, after a long nap, I started feeling back to my normal self.
it went great! thank you for asking. I was nervous about the anesthesia for no reason. I had a really great team. Also, is the cat in your picture your cat? She looks just like my cat! :P

Feeling Great!

So today is my first full day out of surgery. I am really surprised by how little pain I have. I honestly thought I would be super uncomfortable and dealing with extreme pain, but it's like... level 2 out of 10. but I am still very exhausted and continue to nap on and off throughout the day.

AWESOME! Isn't it strange to be able to see some belly? I love that feeling haha. You look really great :)
Congratulations on your successful surgery - you look great. It must feel great to be able to button up something that didn't fit before.
It does! I happened to have a cute little button up from 3 years ago that I never wore because it just didn't fit right. Even with all the swelling and the padding, I can button it up easily. Great feeling!

Little update & question!

Yesterday went well, I am trying to take less pain medication but I keep getting throbbing headaches whenever i stand up. Not fun. But I am laying down/sitting for hours at a time, so the blood rushing to my head feels intense. I am still feeling a little weak, but my range of motion is pretty great and my main complaint is that I want to let my girls free from this constricting surgical bra! haha. I can tell they are really swollen because normal boobs would squish together in a bra like this but mine are separate and pretty solid. Definitely more comfortable than getting boob sweat in the pink sports bra I used to wear. haha.
Today I will take my first real shower since the surgery, will post pics later.
One question though -- how long was it before you (post op ladies) started doing everyday activities like shopping, seeing friends, going out to eat, etc. Nothing too crazy, just some easy things to get out of the house.

I went to trivia at the local tavern 1 week post op from 7pm til 10pm. My partner drove though. Its hard to find things to do where you can sit down most of the time. Whenever feels ok for you go put for alittle but but always have a quick escape home and dont drive if you can get someone else to. X
Now that my boobs don't cover my waist, I might actually have to do some abdominal exercises. haha!

(first shower)

before and after!

You look great! Wishing you a smooth recovery!
thanks so much! you look so great, too!
You look great, congrats! I was pretty much back in a normal routine at one week post op. Lots of carpooling the kids, laundry, grocery shopping (but no heavy lifting), etc. but I would pay for it towards the nod of the day with soreness and swelling. But it was all gone around 5 weeks anyways! Just listen to your body, do when you feel like doing and rest when needed! I really think getting out and walking helped my recovery, just not too far or too fast at first. Are you drinking lots of water? I am not a big water drinker but really forced myself for a couple weeks before surgery and after. You will do great, congrats!

friend came over today

and said i still looked huge! maybe it was all the padding in the surgical bra and all the swelling combined, so it might be hard to notice the difference but now i feel disheartened a bit.... sigh :/

What a terrible friend! You look teeny tiny, and perky! Don't be disheartened :) Tape is very deceiving too.
that's what my boyfriend said! he said perhaps she hadn't been paying as much attention to them as he had ;) silly! but I can tell in my clothes that they are smaller definitely; can't wait to take the tape and pads out for good!
You look beautiful! Get your rest and don't push yourself to do too much. I was out having lunch and shopping the next week. Take this time to just relax and let your body heal. Don't be discouraged about still feeling huge. You have all the surgical dressings and swelling that will subside in no time. Congratulations!!!

Going back to my apartment tomorrow!

Today marks the last day I will be staying at my mom's house basically on bed rest. It has NOT been easy. But the good news is, the hardest part was having to sit alone almost all day, not the pain or discomfort! Haha. I have my post op appointment on Monday so hopefully I will get some information then on when I can be free of the tyranny of my surgical bra!
Other than that, I've been so excited to try on all my clothes (eventually). i tried on one of my old (and hideous... what was i thinking?!) sundresses, and it fit with no bra or tank top or camisole underneath it! I almost cried. It was like slowly mending all the bad things I had though about myself and all the times I tried on outfit after outfit just trying to feel comfortable.
This weekend, I still plan to take it easy, but I will have my boyfriend to keep me company and hopefully we can go out for a little bit so it shouldn't be as unnerving.

Feeling Amazing!

Wow, it has been a great week! Every day is a new adventure with the new boobs. Always learning things that feel different and clothes that look cuter.
So, I went to my first post op appointment today and got my stitches taken out and such. I am now able to wear just a regular sports bra, so I went out and bought some at Target that will work well with my clothes.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

New pictures -- A week post op!

Wow, look at the difference!!! I know it's a bit late, but I had a friend over at 1 day post-op, visited friends for a sports game 2 days post-op, went shopping 3 days post-op, I was pretty active from day 1! I don't think it has impaired my healing, I definitely don't think that resting more would have helped the internal bleed that I had at some point that noone realised.. Haha
Oh no! I hope the internal bleeding has been resolved! But yeah I was up and out by day 4 and still feeling great. Hope your recovery keeps going well :)
What size are u now? Excellent results girl!!!

Almost 2 weeks... Uneven swelling?!

Everything is feeling great! No problem areas except my right boob is larger than the left one, which worries me but hopefully it will even out in the next few weeks. It isn't so bad that I feel awkward in bras/clothing, luckily. Did anyone else have this problem?

Wow you look amazing, I hope I get results like that!!!! Hope you are enjoying them :)
You look great! I can't wait to me perky like you!
You have wonderful results! You really captured the emotional aspect of a reduction that I hope to go through also in your 3 days post-op writing (when you said that the reduction and being able to fit into clothes mended all the negative thoughts and feelings you previously had). I can't wait to see how the reduction changes how I view my body as a whole.

3 AND A HALF MONTHS OH MY GOSH!

Hey everyone! Just doing a little update after 3 and a half months of enjoying my new breasts haha. So, before my surgery I was squeezing into a DDD/E. Honestly, I just wore a sports bra because I could not find bras that fit me properly. Now, I am a 36 D. I thought a C would be perfect, but I am really loving D. I always liked having curves and now they're perfectly proportionate. I can wear V necks and tank tops and traveling is 10 times easier and sleeping and sitting at desks. Can't even begin to say what an effect this has had on my self esteem. I am not going to a new university in a new town and I feel comfortable making new friends and going places without worrying about what my breasts look like in the shirt i am wearing. Anyways, Added a picture for before and after. HUGE difference. Everything is beautiful and nothing hurts :)

I love hearing from all of you guys so please comment! :D

Thanks for your posts! Getting my reduction with Dr.Song soon and you made me feel so much better.
You look wonderful!! X
You look so awesome! I am so happy for you. I love seeing the before/after in clothes. I love to think of all the things I'll be able I do/wear comfortably :))
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Really nice and knowledgable!