"Over 50" BL/BA - Duluth, GA

I am an active 52 yr old in very good health...

I am an active 52 yr old in very good health (5'4", 120 lbs). My activities include running, cross-fit training and I am an equestrian in the sport of Dressage. I was a saggy 36C. Had BL and silicone implants under the muscle, 235cc. While I am glad I did it, there are certainly some ongoing "challenges" in my recovery. I guess I don't recuperate as quickly as I did when I was 30. I'm not sure yet how my final results will look. I would love to hear stories and results from others my age. I don't think I have the confidence yet to add any photos.

Congratulations! Have you been able to ease back into some of your activities? How long did your PS say you needed to wait until you began Dressage again? Hoping over the next month your breasts will finally settle in to a satisfactory position and size. Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!

At this point, I have started back light running, low impact workouts. As far as riding goes, I have not had the opportunity to do that yet, but hopefully will be back on in a week or two. I sold my horse last year, so I have mainly been teaching lately. But now and then I have to get on training horses, so I'm looking forward to do that or just going for a nice long trail ride in the beautiful fall weather!

Glad to hear you can start some of your activities again. I'm sure the riding will come with time but I'm thinking you'll want to double up on bras when you start riding more vigorously on training horses. That's a great idea to teach riding so you can stay close to your hobby. I know horses can be time consuming and expensive. Hoping you're noticing more positive healing results each week. I know it takes a lot of time to heal from a lift and implants so try to be patient. Keep us posted!

Feeling good and ready for a beautiful weekend

First of all, I want to thank those of you who continually post comments and share about your journey. Although I have not posted much, you have no idea how much your posts have helped me, and I'm sure others as well :) I still have not posted any photos, which I really need to do because I would welcome the input/experience/advice. My PS and I are in agreement that a minor revision is going to be needed so that we are both satisfied with the results, but we are not completely in agreement what that revision will be yet ;) I am now at 10 weeks post-op and still have a minor healing issues going on (a spitting stitch that just won't close, but it is very tiny now). And just in the past couple days, I have developed a Mondors Cord under the left breast, but that too shall pass.

But, the weather is beautiful here in the North GA mountains, the leaves are peaking, and I'm going to be outside all weekend enjoying it as much as I can! A fire in the fireplace tonight with a glass of wine, a 6-mile jog in the morning, then a motorcycle ride in the afternoon with my husband. No more obsessing over my current results. I finally came to the realization that I must accept what I have now because I can't do anything about it for a little while, but also that I CAN do something about it later (hopefully end of January), and it will all be fine! Besides what I have now is better than they were before. So, thanks again to all of you, and I hope that at some point I will be able to be as helpful to someone as you all have been to me. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Hi Lawiant, Hope you are doing well and Just wondering if you ever had your revision. I am still "on the fence" about my surgery. Still thinking about an explant. other than that I am doing fine...busy busy....
Hi, Grace! I haven't been on the site for a while. I did finally have my revision, but it wasn't until 3/20. It was supposed to be Feb, but I was training for a half marathon on 2/15. When it was delayed until 3/15 because of an ice storm, my PS and I agreed I should push back the revision and run the half. Happy to say I did and finished better than expected:) Revision went fine, and while they are still maybe not exactly what I was expecting, they really do look better. If I had it to do over, though, there are so many things I would have done differently, if at all. So sorry to hear you are still not happy with your outcome. But I know you will decide to do what's best for you. I hope you are doing well. Are you back to your normal workouts, etc.? Would love to hear an update. Good to touch base with you. I have thought about you several times over the past several months.
It's great to hear your marathon went well and your revision too! Hoping you'll update your review soon! Congratulations on both! ;)

BTW, I've also started a new Forum for Women Getting BA's in their 50's. Feel free to check it out.
Prima Center for PS

I really like my PS and his staff. They are all very warm and encouraging, and made me feel very comfortable with my decision at my age. My Pre and Post surgery questions were answered completely, but I do feel like my PS could be a little more informative regarding post-care. I know it is my responsibility to ask questions, so I have always taken my list with me. He is very patient to answer them all and I never feel rushed. However, I sometimes wish his answers were a little more detailed or informative. (I guess that's a personal thing for me).