Desperate After Ruining my Wrist with a Tattoo - Dubai, AE

Hi everyone, I got a baby pink tattoo (almost...

Hi everyone,

I got a baby pink tattoo (almost white) with the lettering "Stay Strong" on my inner wrist ,with a little heart. I did it in this color because I liked it, and didn't really care about people not being able to see it since I just wanted as a reminded to myself, but it came up pretty bad as it look like a scar and everybody kept on telling me what was wrong with my wrist, so I decided to get it tattooed in black ink. WHAT A TERRIBLE MISTAKE!! the letters with the pink underneath looks a graffiti and it does not really match the crown I also got (which I do like, but maybe I was hoping for something smaller also...). I thought it was fine but now I see the font is so wrong for the tattoo...

What can I do here? Can I laser the black letters and also the pink ink so I would get my skin back to normal? My tattoo artist keeps on telling me that the pink would stay as is very soft so its better just to shade it but I just want to make it disappear...

I do feel terrible and I am avoiding looking at my wrist all the time...it is so messed up now :(

Any advice would be great guys, thanks!

Hey! I also like your tattoo and believe the font looks fine. But if you do not feel happy with the tattoo, laser is the way to go. I understand not being able to look at that area, but I promise you it will get better. Hang in there :)
aloha shirleedaa, Others here may say that your tattoo is beautiful, but what you think is more important. Have you had a consultation with laser removal? It made me feel more powerful and in control, yes I've had several sessions but the ink is a soft grey now and much more likeable. Ink regret comes with shock, disbelief and depressed feelings. You've wanted something for so long and then bam it doesn't turn out the way you want. You feel all sorts of emotions...all but joy for the ink. I suggest a consultation, they are usually free. I also wear pretty bracelets to distract from the ink regret on my wrist and hand. Right now, you're still in shock, disbelief and you need that glimmer of hope. It may come with a consultation. The other thing that I use are scar silicone sheets, they cover beautifully. Mineral makeup is also an option. You do have choices and options. Good luck, keep us posted. We're all in this. aloha...k
you definitely know how I truly feel. Some of my friends say: "C'mon is just a tattoo, not the end of the world", and of course not, but I can only think about getting my skin back to how it was before...what I think that bothers me the most is that I have to cover my wrist permanently: I work on a business environment where is not OK to have visible tattoos, so I have to wear jackets or shirts all the time and make sure the watch is placed covering most of the tattoo, just in case. And off work...I feel terrible when someone stares at the tattoo so I keep on covering as well. It's a nightmare...
aloha shirleedaa, it doesn't matter what others say, it's how you feel. Your feelings are important. I understand your need to cover the tattoo for work. You might want to look into cover make-up, other people here on the forum are having wonderful results with that. Plus there are some fabulous tattoo cover bands that can be used. They look flesh toned and cover the tattoo. And I always resort to wearing beautiful bracelets. There are always options, it's just that we don't always see them when we are feeling miserable or in shock. I see that francesy below here has pointed out options for laser removal, but it'll mean traveling for you. That may not be an option right now, but it may be in the future. Good luck, keep us posted, remember we are all here for you to support you. aloha...k
Hi there, I think your tattoo is really okay. It is probably best to keep it than have it lasered off as the pink ink may not completely go. And since you've used other lighter colors too, this might take a lengthy and costly process - something you really need to think through. I've also seen you're in Dubai - I am just in the neighborhood (living in Doha at the moment here). Tattoo removal procedures are not usual in most of the skin clinics that we have here, so that's also something you may want to consider - you don't want to risk a scar in the hands of someone who does not have the expertise in this procedure. I am having a tattoo lasered off myself - and have decided to go with a doctor in Lebanon - you may want to check him out - Dr. Dany Touma.
hi francesy! I went today to the Cosmesurge clinic, next to Emirates Hospital. They seem to be quite experienced on treating tattoos but you are right they don't have the latest laser technologies, like Picosure. Pricing is ok, way cheaper than expected. I got a patch test done and I will give myself some time to see the results and think about what to do. Many thanks for your comment. by the way, I will be traveling to Doha tomorrow, hope the weather stays not very hot...
Hey there! Which laser are they using in the clinic? I just had my first treatment yesterday, actually I am supposed to travel to Lebanon on Thursday to visit Dr. Touma - but I found this very good clinic in Doha - it's called Dr. Hassan Medical Clinic. I was hesitant at first, but when the nurse told me that there is one airline company out here that interferes with the tattoos of the employees ;p and mandates tattoo removal, and they have done the procedure for almost all of them, I got convinced and went ahead :) Anyhow, the doctor used a Q switched NDYag laser on me - which was also one of the good ones before Picosure. I was told it's the better option for me, since I belong to Skin Type IV - because the risk of scarring is supposedly minimal. If your skin type is lighter, Picosure will work well, I've been told. I am actually feeling very optimistic with my treatment - the clinic showed me real before & after photos of their patients, and yes, they were able to completely remove the tattoos in almost all cases - so I am feeling very hopeful. My tattoo is all in black ink, no shading, just outlines and it is for QR 500/session (US$140). How much are they charging over there? Keep us posted whatever you decide on. I'm just realizing now I didn't do a patch test like you did - I guess I couldn't wait to get rid of this tramp stamp. It's just 3 weeks since I had it, but some doctors have told me it's much easier to remove a new tattoo. Hope you have a good time in Doha.
Hi. I think your tattoo is really nice, it looks really well done. Perhaps it doesn't look as bad in the photo? It's a long process so you have to be sure you want to remove it. We've had people come and go on realself and they've decided not to go ahead, so think carefully. It's a nice tattoo though, honest!
Hi Welsh, thanks a lot for your nice comment, it cheers me up a bit. It doesn't really look bad besides the lettering...which I personally think it looks like a child handwriting, don't you think so? :( I will try no to rush and consider pros and cons.
Yes definitely don't rush into it. I think the font is fine and the detail on the crown is brilliant. It's a really small but lovely tattoo. It could be something much bigger and uglier (like mine!) haha :P
Keep in mind that the white ink used to make the pink color could oxidize and darken from the treatment, leaving a haze that might be tough to fully remove.
You are right..that is exactly what the have told me today at the clinic where I went to have my 1st consultation...light pink is a mix of beige/red/white ink and it might end up getting greyish and almost impossible to remove. I really appreciate honest advices so I can set up my expectations... I got a patch test on a small area to see how it turns and then I will see... Thanks for your comment!
Luckily, most of the tattoo is in the dark ink, so many places can take that off. Your skin looks light, so you might want to look for a Q-switched ND yag laser operator with experience (and before and after photos) of removing this tattoo. The Q-switched ND yag laser will blow the ink into smaller particles, that will be absorbed by your body over approximately 6 weeks. Removing a tattoo takes multiple visits, and will be expensive, but if you're going to be happier, it'll be worth it. Good luck!