Drooping Tip and Notched Nostrils After Rhinoplasty

Unfortunately the options for those seeking ethnic...

Unfortunately the options for those seeking ethnic rhinoplasty in the uk (at least in the london area) is very limited. Therefore, the ethnic patient must 'make do' with the available choice of surgeons, regardless of their faults. I had rhinoplasty to reduce the alar bases and to provide definition to the tip.

It has only been 15 days post op and swelling has not yet subsided. I sought to add definition to the tip and to reduce my alar bases. However, its concerning that my tip now droops and my right nostril has an ugly notch. My tip was rounded before but it was certainly not droopy. Has this been noted before in cases where the nose has turned out alright after the long 12-18 month waiting period? or am i correct in thinking that i require secondary surgery?

It is early at this stage, my final results are unknown. but at the moment i am unhappy.

Ladies, after massive research, my pick is Dr. Sunder. After asking over 15 doctors hundreds of questions, i realized that they all have a crew answering my questions... The trend seemed that I couldnt get near any Dr. Unless I paid some hefty deposit without even knowing what I was getting myself into...

And then I found Dr. Sunder. Not only was she very attentive and answered all of my questions via email, she did so directly an within 24 hrs! The only reason why it takes her a little longer to respond at this moment, is because she just had a baby. So I am amazed that 4 months later, she had not become annoyed with me and is still being accommodating.

Check her out. She gets my vote and I'm as picky as they come:

www.LAfacialsurgeon.com

I choose her because Dr. Sunder cares and she seems to be very knowledgable about bulbous noses. Ive been contemplating rhinoplasty for the past 7 years now. She is the ONLY one that I'm letting touch my nose.

All the best, ladies.
Elly24

Have you have rhinoplasty? Which doctors would you suggest? Are you African American? I had my nose done along tinme ago and my tip is too projected. I'm looking for a revision doctor.

Please African American ladies give your reviews and doctor recommendations or stay away froms!!! It is very difficult for us to fine doctors who really knows anout our noses.
Ethnic noses .. Dr N and Dr C .. look to pay $20K plus, i also found some very angry patients re.these surgeons. End result of any rhino is unpredictable, so to pay such a huge price only increases expectations. stay away from high price - it does not gurantee the end result (only high profile of surgeon - bev hills location, Media exposure. Plus, high profile surgeons re.aftercare, they will be too busy!! .
Hey there, May London. My nose is like yours, but I have yet to get surgery (doing THOROUGH research and was thinking about Dr Riszk in NYC, but now I'm leaning towards Dr. Nassif all the way in California, because he seems to be just as knowledgable in ethnic noses, only, Dr. Nassif believes in using your own tissue for reshaping, as oppose to Dr. Rizk, who suggests medpor implants...

Anyhoo, would you please update us on your progress? It's been a couple of years. Thank you! ~Kia
Hi I hope u r still on this thread, have u heard of dr. Alan engler in NYC, I went there for a consult and I was a little skeptical because he didn't show me any pics of his work, I also considered dr Sam riszk also but was a little afraid of his implants that look artificial. Please let me know if you got it done
Your tip is too close to your nostrils, so then it just blends in with them and looks bulbous. So I would have projected the tip a little more (brought it forward) so it looks more defined. BUT it could be just swelling so u have to wait.
hey sorry for this big delay, oooh it is getting smaller, GREATTT, but dont worry im praying for ur going thru, cus im passing all d same as you do, hey i would like to contact with you, if can provide me ur msn pliss, thanks a lot.
how is it going, maintain us informed about your progress pliss...thanks a lot. i just feel relationed about what you are passing cus my nose just look like that...hope the best for you, really the best.
HI STEBAN. Are u feeling as dissapointed as i am? My nose is getting smaller, but the drooping is still there. Its just a smaller version of what u c in the pictures, i am sad to say. but i hope in time it will improve, i'll let u know in a few months time as it has only been 4 months and am hopeful it will fix itself ( but i am cynical). please let me know about the progress of ur nose too. and good luck.
HI how is your nose now??? ANd who was your surgeon?
Im going through the same thing my nose tip looks droopy and its been 9months now, totally know what ur feeling coz i have days when i wish i didnt do it and really upsets me but i think we just need to give it ALOT of time to heal- maybe after 12months you should make your final desicion whether ur like it or not. :)
I would've had the tip brought a little bit more away from the face (more projected) but other than that i don't think it's a bad nose job, it looks very natural and it will have more definition as swelling subsides.
I would not judge yet. It looks like when the swelling goes down it'll look really good.
I am doing rhinoplasty research. I am considering going to Dr. Rizk in New York City. Just spoke to one of his patient who flew from the UK because she said she couldn't find an MD with enough confidence in doing an African American nose there. She loves her nose now. her photo will soon be posted on his site. I hope your nose heals up perfectly, however this Dr. seems to have a good reputation. So if you consider revision, keep his name. Good Luck
I love it! It looks like a dolls nose, well it does to me :D
Im not a black person but your nose reminds me of mine! =D. you see, I had a rhinoplasty to refine the tip and it all looks droopy to me. Its been over 3 weeks now and im hoping tht in time, 12 months like they say, it looks better. Dont worry. It'll be fine! i think it looks great. its swollen thats all
It is far too early for you to evaluate if you'll be happy with your results. I was very dissatisfied with my results at first as well. It took months for the swelling to subside. It's been 1 1/2 years and the final result looks very different. One thing I did to make myself feel better during those first months is I found online a before/after picture that showed about a month post-op vs. 12 months post-op. That will give you a positive and realistic benchmark. By the way, you look great! Just give it time.