Swollen Lip 2 Days After Silicone Injections - Holland, NE

Last friday I had my augmentation done with a...

Last friday I had my augmentation done with a docter in Holland. 1ML PMS was injected. No pain, not feeling hot. Only very swollen and bruised. Is this a normal reaction after treatment? I am really afraid this wont dissappear. Hope somebody can answer my question. I cool it every hour with an ice cube now.

12 days after

Swelling is all gone now. Right under my cupids bow there are 2 'balls'. Both sides are un-even. 4th of August i can come back. When smiling I am happy, in rest I see difference.

Today

Sunny day in holland, First day getting happier with the result. What do you guys think??
Dr. Janssen

Tess Tess; looks great!!
Tess, Thanks very much for sharing!!
I didn't want a radical change; I didn't want anyone to notice, and now I've had 3 ml, total, injected, and a couple girlfriends have noticed something different but they can't put the finger on it. Mind you, I had a horrendous Skin Cancer Surgery that could have altered my appearance horribly, but my Surgeon is a Genius!! People come from out of State for him; and one celeb that I know of. I'm very pleased. My brilliant Surgeon just told me not to do anything for 6 hours, post-injection. You can ruin his "molding"! So, I sat still for 6 hours and boy, was THAT hard!!!
I don't know how to add a picture! Angie???
Tess, note Angiemcc's comments below!
Thanks sweets!!! Swelling is all gone now, but they are still uneven. 4th of August I may come back to my docter. How can I upload photos??
I have updated my profile with pictures!
How do you post a photo? Or does it go through Angie, Community Mgr. Thanks, Lynne
I don't know if it's recommended, but I do mouth exercises to make sure they stay supple and even! I'd post a picture if I knew how!
How do you post photos?
Hi there,

To post photos you do that within your review, discussion forum post, or question to doctors. Here's a brief tutorial on posting photos within a review.
Don't worry Sweetie; I did too, on Thursday, July 17th and they are perfect now, 6 days later. All I have is some bruising related to another skin cancer surgery, where he injected some cortisone to soften parts of a scar. Lips are perfect now, and I know they'll continue to go down more; I wish they'd stay the way they are, today!! But my content was 1 ml of Restylane.
Funny, I had lip augmentation, also, yesterday; but it was a "tweak" of an augmentation done 2 months ago, so it was a lot easier. My Surgeon uses Restylane, and it is said if you have a follow-up before the 1st injection completely dissipates, it will last longer. Since you had Silicone, I can't speak to how soon the swelling will go away. But at one-two weeks, you'll love them!!
Thank you for sharing! What does your surgeon say about your swelling? Some doctors recommend cortisone injections to help with swelling after silicone augmentation. Please let us know how you're doing as you continue to heal!