I Hate I Did It - Birmingham, AL

I was scheduled for lipo to the flanks, abs, lower...

I was scheduled for lipo to the flanks, abs, lower back, thighs and a bb transfer in Birmingham at Hedden Plastic Surgery under Dr. Schaffer. I arrived at 9: 02 on the morning of May 31st, my appointment was set for 11a.m. I didn't get waited on until around 2:30p.m. once I went in the back I sat there until 5 something. I don't feel I got the proper care are treatment that I paid for. I got off the operating table and had to go straight to the car. The lights and everything was already off so I feel my surgery was rushed and not done correctly. I got charged for my lower back and it wasn't even touched. I overheard the nurse saying how much I weighed and one of them was pregant (the anesthesiologist)so they wasn't gone hurt themselve trying to turn me I guess that is why they didn't remove any fat from my lower back. It looks to me if you didn't do all the areas I would at least be refuned that portion of my fee which was nearly $10,000.00. I left with no garment, they said they didn't have one to fit me ( but they knew before they did the surgery my size). I look worse now than I did before I went in for the procedure. I have this hurting in my stomach on one side everyday since the surgery. Dr. Schaffer does not appear to be friendly, I should have followed my first mind of the impression he gave when I went for my consalation and made an appointment with Dr. Hedden. He even told me the next day during my follow-up that they couldn't turn me but he said it was because he didn't want me to stop breathing but I had already heard the conversation between the nurses and I know they was talking about me because they said the had to take one of my nails off to put the monitor on it and when I held my hand up my nail was off. My advice to anyone planning on during this is think lonng and hard. I researched the doctor but he did not give me good treatment. The little pre-op nurse I have to give it to her she was really really nice that's it. By the way instead of me going down a size in clothes they fit the same.

It's been 8 months and I still have lumps. The pain is much much better but I really and honestly still look the same. I read mostly good reviews also which made me go ahead and give him a try him but my treatment was horrible. I will give it to the one nurse that was very nice that did my prep. I woke up hearing the 2 that was with me during the procedure talking about me.
That's awful. I'm sorry. I have read that their specialty is augmentation. Other procedures don't seem to go as well there. I hate that you had to learn that the hard way. I wish I knew which doctor to go to now but I've already paid. :/
Yeah that is a lot of money to just give away even though I get mad every time I look at my account because there's a lot I need to have done with that money but I was trying to treat myself. I really do hope and pray that all goes well with your experience, keep me posted.
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

He was not friendly to me. The 2 people who went with me as caretakers also seem to think I got poor piss treatment.