Eyelid Surgery to Create Double Eyelid and Make Eyes Look Bigger - Korea

I was thinking that having a double eyelid will...

i was thinking that having a double eyelid will make my eyes look bigger, hence less sleepy. Maybe prettier too, so i went ahead to do it.

i do not know what are the pros yet cuz i am not sure if the eye will look symetrical after the swelling goes off, and with the double fold i'm experiencing, its worrying!!!

cons will be the downtime i guess

i just did my double eyelid(incisional method, and epi as well)last week, today (30/7) is my 10th day. After the surgery, i realised there is a double fold on my left eye at times or when i open my eyes big which make it very ugly, but i thought was the stitch at cause the problem so i waited until yesterday for the stitch to be taken off.

After the nurse took off the stitch i realised the double fold was still there and i told her about it, she ask me to consult my doctor.

While waiting for the doctor, i realised the second fold disappeared and thought it was really the stitch that has caused it, and the doc appeared to be very busy during our post surgery consulation and i didn't bring that up.

But till today i still find a double fold on my left eye at times or when i open my eyes big.

May i know what is the cause of the double fold on one of my eyes, i'm very worried. Is it a normal? will it go off after the swelling goes down? ( my eyes are still a liitle puffy, but i can go out without getting stared at) i have read somewhere that problem is associated with (1) inadequate deep fixation, (2) damage to the levator muscle complex, and (3) excessive fat removal.??? is that true? worried.

Hi, i'm back to update my review after 1+...

Hi, i'm back to update my review after 1+ years. For those who thought i was impatient cuz it was still to early to tell bla bla bla...i can comfirm that i WASNT! Cuz after close to 1 year into the surgery my eyes was still like that. droopy on one side! so i emailed my doc and he agreed to do a revision for me FREE. so i flew all the way into Korea to get my problem "fixed"... and guess what? 3 months after the surgery my left lid drooped again and the stitch cant seem to hold on ( but it was better than after the 1st surgery), i emailed the doc about my condition again and he said this is his exact reply " some skins have strong strength to be returned. That is the reason the eyelid are getting droopy on the left eyelid again" and he needs to take a look on what can be done. i'm wondering if anyone has that problem and why is it not happening to my right eye but just the left since it's "a skin problem"??

i'm unsure if i can get my eyes looking normal :(

which clinic did you go to? Thanks ***@hotmail.com
I am so sorry you went through this. did everything work out in the end?
It looks like too much orbital fat has been removed during your surgery, which has resulted in the sunken and hollow left upper eyelid. You also appear to have developed multiple skin creases above the left double eyelid which is common after unnecessary fat removal. This can be fixed by fat transfer from other part of the body or using a substitute, such as fillers. It's not a skin problem, your surgeon is obviously not very educated. I'm not a doctor, yet I can easily see the problem. If I was in your position, I would go for revision surgery with another more experienced surgeon.
which clinic performed ur surgery?
I want to cheer you up too. In Korea they have super professional surgerns to perform the upper lid surgery. It's just the reaction of your body. YOu'll finally be allright. I'm not Asian, but I got my lower eyelid surgery 10 days ago in Korea too. You may see my pics in other posts. I scare ppl all around, but I still believe I'll look amaising afetr!
I looked at your pictures on your upper eyelid surgery. Wow. It looks just like mine. I have blood in the whites of my eyeball. My lower part of my face have dark bruising and swelling. And it was numb for one week. Surgery is very traumatic to the body. It's an injury to the tissues. That's why our faces are distorted in a way.

You and I have the same experience. I'm really thankful that you share your experience with others. That way, we can support each other during the healing process.

I'm 3 weeks post op from my eyelid surgery. How are your eyes now? I bet they must be gorgeous!

Anna
Hunny, for only 10 days after the surgery, I think your eyes look great! I had my surgery for double eyelids on Sat. 9/5 & I'm still so swollen, that it's hard to open my eyes at all. But I am still hopeful that with proper care my outsome will be fine. I also did my research on the doctor I chose & the procedure itself - not to mention I also interviewed some people that I knew who had it done already. ***You should ALWAYS DO THE RESEARCH PRIOR TO ANY SURGERY related to your face (especially your EYES!!!)
yes, i did tons and years of research before that.
Hello, the tenth day is too early to tell, and you don't need to overly worry. Just stay positive :) If the double fold doesn't go away until 4-6 months then you have to ask your surgeon.
May I ask what doctor you went and got this surgery from. $2,500 is a lot of money. I seen that Bk clinice can charge up to $1500 and Iaan is can charge up to $1200 on the high side. Why is it so expenive. Many places do it between $900 and $1100. Can you tell mesome of the the names of top plastic surgeons that korean celebrities used???? I am thinking about going to korea to get some things done. Thanks!
I did epi tog with double eyelid :)
I had double eyelid surgery a month ago today. My right lower eye at the lid is still swollen, and I have these small white pimples. and a crease on the corner of the eye. Should this go away? It has been a month now?
And...I can tell from your photo, your eyelids are still very swelling. I'm sure once the swelling subsides, your dented double fold will pop out a bit which evens out the problem. Just be patient about it and please do keep us updated. : )
For 10 days, your result is just too early to tell. I had my double eyelid surgery done on June 14th. As of today, my eyes are still a bit swelling. I was told the final result will be set in 3-4 months. During the first 3 weeks after my surgery, my eyes were very asymmetrical. My right eye was way bigger than my left eye and the incision line appeared higher. But after my 4th week, both of my eyes became symmetrical. You just have to be patient about it.
I had droopy eyes, and wanted to have double eyelid... I ended up having the upper and the lower lids done because I had some puffiness and sagging (I was 40 years when I had the procedure done). It took the doctor less than 30 minutes for the upper and lower lids. It took me a month to heal almost completely. During the process I was sometimes depressed, thinking my eyes were going to be swollen for life, lol. Sometimes one eye was more swollen than the other, they didn't look symetrical, etc. Oh my God! I was so happy with the results after the month, and I'm still very satisfied. I had my surgery done in Mexico, three years ago. The cost was ridiculous: Four hundred dollars for both upper and lower lids. The doctor is amazing: fast, good, and economical.
Who was your doctor ChicagoAngel??