Finally - Florida, FL

Finally TODAY I got my braces on! I will see what...

Finally TODAY I got my braces on! I will see what reaction I will get, since I've only told a few people and I am 48 years old! It was good to see some adults in the office today in my situation, and yes there were the other adults looking as to Maybe why was I getting them at my age... But I don't care people forget this is a medical treatment and shouldn't be frowned upon only cause I'm not a teenager! I've felt pressure but no pain yet, we will see how tomorrow goes :$

Good luck. The braces look nice!
I love your picture, they're so cute!
lol...thanks!
Hello and welcome to the community!!!  You've got a great attitude--for some reason, people seem to forget about the fact that it's a medical treatment and feel so self-conscious about it.  But usually people are their own worst critic, right?

I see you're working on gaps.  Did you consider Invisalign but weren't a candidate, or did you prefer the Damon style?  Most of our braces people are for serious crowding, but we do have a few for diastemas.  One of our newest is working on diastemas, and she has self-ligating braces like you (just a different brand).  You can check out her review here.  Her name is Jannstar.  She's suuuuper nice! :)
Thanks for the welcome :) !!! Yes I preferred the Damon style, working on the gaps for sure and they are also bucked.. I've had little pain,just the pressure so far..I had a co worker tell me today she was glad I finally got them cause she knows how much I wanted to fix my smile, no one else has said anything I don't know if they are scared to or just whatever...so slowly getting use to them...
Yeah, I think most people don't want to be offensive, but don't know how to approach topics.  They'll probably loosen up later, once they know how happy you are to be doing this!