Excited - Istanbul, Turkey

Hi, im new to this so dont know where to start...

Hi, im new to this so dont know where to start from. I have booked my operation for the 2nd of september in turkey, i am travelling from melbourne australia to have my surgery in Istanbul as it was so much cheaper then what i was quoted in melbourne. It costs 2500 euros. I am very excited to do this and i cannot wait as i have seen soo many great results on this website.

I will update more closer to the surgery and after. Right now im enjoying everyone elses beofre's and after's.

Hi, Good luck with you procedure. Would you like to share your surgeons name?
His name is fatih dagdelen, he is a surgeon at dora hospital in istanbul.

Thanks for starting your story! What is it that you don't like about your nose?

You might want to check out this post about things I wish I'd known before rhinoplasty.

Please do keep us posted as you get nearer your big day!

3 days left for my surgery

So the day is getting closer and i am very excited. The hospital is very good as they keep giving me updates till the date gets closer.
Cannot wait for monday.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Some photos before my surgery

Would love for the hump to disappear.

I dont like the hump And the just how it is long. Hopefully these will change on monday.

Photos

More photos

Surgery done

So ive had my surgery done and the only thing that hurts right now is my new nose but otherwise everything else is fine. Just a little scred to sleep as i have to breathe thru my mouth which im not really good at.

Had my sugery on the 3rd of september

6th day and the bandages are off

I had my bandages taken off on the 6th day and they have put tape over my nose for a week.
Very happy with my results.

you go girl!!! you are already looking fine and it's been a few days, I have this feeling your final result is going to be AWESOME! :D
Hi, thank you, im super happy that ive gone through the operation, i feel more confident now. Ill be posting pics on tuesday as ill be allowed to take off the bandages then.
awww, what a beautiful turkish girl ;-) your nose looks stunning. Congrats.... sen cok guezelsin, burnun super. Adin ne? benim anem Turkiyede dogdu, Izmit de, Benim adim Murat Shawn. Amerikadan Selam ;-)

Day 14 no bandages

So ive taken off the last bit of bandages off on monday and there was a bit of swelling.
The tip of my nose and the nostrils still feel sensitive, i am having trouble breathing through my nose and feel like i have the biggest cold ever, i am using my sprays but they dont help as much.

Your nose looks great! And it's just gonna get better. The swelling is almost completely gone after one month.
Thank you, swelling has calm down now and im breathing again now, just cant laugh alot and smile lol.
You look amazing! Congrats on great results!

1 month post op.

So ive started breathing again but have a bit of swelling inside the right nostril other then that im quite happy with the results.

Wow! Very beatiful. Your dr did an awesome job.
Hi, thank you so much, very happy with my result. Xox
Your look amazing with your new nose!!! I do not think it screams nose job at all and even if it did I would take a smaller fake looking nose anyday than a big looking real one!! Congrats on your beautiful results!!!

8 weeks post op

Hi, just thought id add another photo selfie, love more new nose more and more everyday. It still feels stiff and swollen at times but other then that i have had no other issues.

10 weeks post op

Hi just a little update, 10 weeks post op and totally loving my new nose, it is still swollen around the tip, the sensitivity is gone.

Hi Issy86. May I ask how did you decide to go on with Dr. Dagdelen? did someone recommend him? I am also considering Turkey and have contacted Dr. Dagdelen but I don't see much before and after cases from him, neither on his Facebook channel.
Hi, there really isnt much out there about mr dagdelen, i used to see him on celebrity morning shows in turkey and a friend had surgery done with him and thats how i decided to go with him. To tell you the truth i really didnt do much research regarding rhinoplasty or the doctor, i made the decision to have this done 2 months before my boliday to turkey. He is a extremelyyyyyyyy busy surgeon, he works at a private hospital in istanbul called Dora Hospital. If you want to know more and want to see more photos of my nose, feel free to ask. I basically love it and it is quite affordable to the quotes i got here in australia.
Thanks for the information. I am actually in contact with him and some other Turkish surgeons. The price is affordable as you mentioned and varies between 2500-3000 Euro. I live in Denmark and he is visiting Copenhagen this weekend for some seminar. I will use the opportunity to see him and show him my nose :) I know you said you haven't done much research but do you know these doctors from any probable celebrity shows: Cemil Tugay, Naci Celik, Nazim Cerkes, Emre Ilhan, Yakup Avsar ? I am still deciding :) Thanks for your help.

12 weeks post op.

Nose is still swollen from the front but loving my side profile. Ive noticed inside my nose is abit reddish, not sure why but i may give the surgeon a call soon.
Other then that happy as larry!!

12 weeks post op

Lovely! Your nose was nice before from the front view now from all the sides it is really nice. You are pretty
Thank you. Hated my before side profile but now i love it so muchhhh xoxox
Beautiful results. Congrats!

3 months post op

Everything is going wonderful, cant complain at all, i love my new nose and i am so happy that i went with the surgery. It still feels numb and a bit swollen but im sure in time it will go away

You look amazing! Thanks for updating!
Your nose looks natural and beautiful. happy for you. thanks for sharing with us.

4 months post op

Hi, not much to write about as my nose is healing well and im loving it more everyday.
Here is a new pic.

4months post op

Not much to say anymore as my nose feels and looks awsome, couldnt be happier

Hi, I now live in Istanbul and im meeting with dr, your review was really helpful thanks for sharing, you look gorgeous! Did the doctor speak good english? Also, was there any computerized preview of what to expect? thanks
Hi, well i couldnt meet with dr as i live in australia, when i arrived in istanbul it was sort of full on for me and unfortunantly my surgey was rushed, fatih dagdelens father passed away on the day of my surgery and i had to move it forward for few days, one thing i was unhappy about was i wasnt shown a image before hand, i did see a image right before my surgery but i was ok, i had trust in him so i didnt mind at all, im so happy woth my nose, its been nearly 6 months and its getting smaller each day. Just to be sure to ask questions and book a appointment before hand, he is a lovely person, he is such a charmer, i think he speaks english. He is a extremely busy dr, very popular in turkey. I dnt have anything bad to say about it him, if i did i would have written that here and let people know. But i would organise a appointment and talk to him about what you want. Let me know how you go. Would love to hear from you
I loved reading your review of Dr dagdelen! I am deffinately considering Turkey and would love to arrange a consultation with Dr dagdelen if possible, how did you go about arranging it all? I have visited the Dora hospital website but cannot manage to work out how to contact directly x any help with email address or website would be hugely appreciated xx

2 weeks before my 6months stage

I had a little infection on my stitches but it lasted a day so everything is fine now.
My nose is getting smaller day by day, nostrils are evening out. Ummmmm im just sp happy :) nothing else to say. Very happy i went ahead with this.

Does the doctor decide how your nose should look or do you explain what you do and don't like? And is he English speaking? I am most likely ringing end of this month
Hi, he decides the nose. I guess i trusted him, im happy with the results, im 7months post op and my nose is still getting smaller. I think he can speak english, not all patients are turkish in this hospital. Where are you travelling from?? Apparently he holds seminars in germany.

7 most post op

Well not much to. Write other then my nose is still abit numb and i can see itgetting smaller.

7months post op

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

?
Maybe go fix your face first before you leave stupid comments on peoples profiles. Dont need stupid people like you telling me i have a big fore head.

Not happy with tip

When i look at photos now, im happy with the straightness but the tip of my nose makes me uncomfortable. It has been really bothering me past 2 weeks and if i had the guts to go through with the surgery again i would.

I think your nose looks amazing! You are very pretty!! What do you not like about the tip (just wondering)? It looks beautiful! :)
Thank you :)) I feel like the tip is still biggish but i think that might just be me and my imagination. I just have days where it feels biggish and days where its perfect. I just gotta stop thinking about my nose too much. Lol
hi, i have shechuled for yakup avsar, he has over 32,000 likes on face and you can find lot of before after pictures....but he is exspensive 4000 euro

Love taking photos now lol

I just love taking photos now.

Your nose looks great, I am also from Aus but am doing exchange in Europe and am considering getting a rhinoplasty in Prague while I am here. Have always been so self conscious of my nose, but I wouldn't consider myself a superficial person so I am at war with myself considering getting it down or not, would just be so nice to wake up in the morning and not cringe every time I look in the mirror but maybe thats just something in my head and not something surgery can fix, but maybe it could definitely help haha :) Anyway I had to ask, how did you go post surgery in the first few days, did you still go see the city or did you feel uncomfortable and just waited out the 14 days? Also did you inform your family and friends back home of the surgery? I am considering not telling mine, I am sure some will notice but I have had stories that even with dramatic changes some people just cant put their finger on it..what happened in your situation? Sorry for all the questions, you look great :)
Hey, its the best thing ive done. My nose looks really naturally as no one at work noticed it at all until i told them lol. My family knew as my mum and my cousin travelled to istanbul with me. Oh the funny bit was walking around with the bandage, people were staring alot but i really didnt care, i was there to see the sights. The only problem i had was i got tired very quickly as i couldnt sleep well for couple of weeks. In istanbul u will see people walking around in bandages i think its kinda normal now days and everyone is doing it lol. I wouldve like my nose abit smaller. My surgery wwas kinda rushed, i wasnt happy about it. The surgeon father had passed away a day before my surgery and they had to move a day after. He was extremely busy as he is super popurlar! Let me mnow how u go.
I think your nose looks great. Its a huge chance to go through surgery again.

8 most post op

Its been exactly 8 months since i had my surgery snd im loving my nose. Have ups and downs but i love it, i can see it getting smaller and more defined everyday.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Nawww keep me updated ok. Thank you. I think it just gets swallon at times.but im quite happy right now.

Love it

Not much to write anymore. All i can say is im happy but i wish my tip was abit smaller but ill take this to my previous nose that i had lol

Fatih dagdelen