Excited - Istanbul, Turkey

Hi, im new to this so dont know where to start...

Hi, im new to this so dont know where to start from. I have booked my operation for the 2nd of september in turkey, i am travelling from melbourne australia to have my surgery in Istanbul as it was so much cheaper then what i was quoted in melbourne. It costs 2500 euros. I am very excited to do this and i cannot wait as i have seen soo many great results on this website.

I will update more closer to the surgery and after. Right now im enjoying everyone elses beofre's and after's.

3 days left for my surgery

So the day is getting closer and i am very excited. The hospital is very good as they keep giving me updates till the date gets closer.
Cannot wait for monday.

Some photos before my surgery

Would love for the hump to disappear.

Photos

More photos

Surgery done

So ive had my surgery done and the only thing that hurts right now is my new nose but otherwise everything else is fine. Just a little scred to sleep as i have to breathe thru my mouth which im not really good at.

Had my sugery on the 3rd of september

6th day and the bandages are off

I had my bandages taken off on the 6th day and they have put tape over my nose for a week.
Very happy with my results.

Day 14 no bandages

So ive taken off the last bit of bandages off on monday and there was a bit of swelling.
The tip of my nose and the nostrils still feel sensitive, i am having trouble breathing through my nose and feel like i have the biggest cold ever, i am using my sprays but they dont help as much.

1 month post op.

So ive started breathing again but have a bit of swelling inside the right nostril other then that im quite happy with the results.

8 weeks post op

Hi, just thought id add another photo selfie, love more new nose more and more everyday. It still feels stiff and swollen at times but other then that i have had no other issues.

10 weeks post op

Hi just a little update, 10 weeks post op and totally loving my new nose, it is still swollen around the tip, the sensitivity is gone.

12 weeks post op.

Nose is still swollen from the front but loving my side profile. Ive noticed inside my nose is abit reddish, not sure why but i may give the surgeon a call soon.
Other then that happy as larry!!

12 weeks post op

3 months post op

Everything is going wonderful, cant complain at all, i love my new nose and i am so happy that i went with the surgery. It still feels numb and a bit swollen but im sure in time it will go away

4 months post op

Hi, not much to write about as my nose is healing well and im loving it more everyday.
Here is a new pic.

4months post op

Not much to say anymore as my nose feels and looks awsome, couldnt be happier

2 weeks before my 6months stage

I had a little infection on my stitches but it lasted a day so everything is fine now.
My nose is getting smaller day by day, nostrils are evening out. Ummmmm im just sp happy :) nothing else to say. Very happy i went ahead with this.

7 most post op

Well not much to. Write other then my nose is still abit numb and i can see itgetting smaller.

7months post op

Not happy with tip

When i look at photos now, im happy with the straightness but the tip of my nose makes me uncomfortable. It has been really bothering me past 2 weeks and if i had the guts to go through with the surgery again i would.

Love taking photos now lol

I just love taking photos now.

8 most post op

Its been exactly 8 months since i had my surgery snd im loving my nose. Have ups and downs but i love it, i can see it getting smaller and more defined everyday.
Fatih dagdelen

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Your nose looks great, I am also from Aus but am doing exchange in Europe and am considering getting a rhinoplasty in Prague while I am here. Have always been so self conscious of my nose, but I wouldn't consider myself a superficial person so I am at war with myself considering getting it down or not, would just be so nice to wake up in the morning and not cringe every time I look in the mirror but maybe thats just something in my head and not something surgery can fix, but maybe it could definitely help haha :) Anyway I had to ask, how did you go post surgery in the first few days, did you still go see the city or did you feel uncomfortable and just waited out the 14 days? Also did you inform your family and friends back home of the surgery? I am considering not telling mine, I am sure some will notice but I have had stories that even with dramatic changes some people just cant put their finger on it..what happened in your situation? Sorry for all the questions, you look great :)
Hey, its the best thing ive done. My nose looks really naturally as no one at work noticed it at all until i told them lol. My family knew as my mum and my cousin travelled to istanbul with me. Oh the funny bit was walking around with the bandage, people were staring alot but i really didnt care, i was there to see the sights. The only problem i had was i got tired very quickly as i couldnt sleep well for couple of weeks. In istanbul u will see people walking around in bandages i think its kinda normal now days and everyone is doing it lol. I wouldve like my nose abit smaller. My surgery wwas kinda rushed, i wasnt happy about it. The surgeon father had passed away a day before my surgery and they had to move a day after. He was extremely busy as he is super popurlar! Let me mnow how u go.
I think your nose looks amazing! You are very pretty!! What do you not like about the tip (just wondering)? It looks beautiful! :)
Thank you :)) I feel like the tip is still biggish but i think that might just be me and my imagination. I just have days where it feels biggish and days where its perfect. I just gotta stop thinking about my nose too much. Lol
I think your nose looks great. Its a huge chance to go through surgery again.
Especially if you notice biggish days vs perfect days, there might still be some swelling there (lots of causes - eating a bit more salty one day, hormonal related water retention, heat, sun exposure, physical effort, etc). It will eventually stick with perfect days :) 7 months is still early, if you have a thick skin it can take 1 year and even a bit more before it reaches its final shape. And the tip is always the LAST to heal :) Otherwise, I think it looks amazing, I would love such a result!
Thank you everyone. I just cant wait till it sets properly, i dont know why but i think about it too much. I do have days when it feels perfect and when it is swollen. Also ive noticed when i lose weight my nose also looks smaller.
If i had the $$ i would definantly go thru surgery again.
hi, i have shechuled for yakup avsar, he has over 32,000 likes on face and you can find lot of before after pictures....but he is exspensive 4000 euro
Wow. Nice that you have done some research, i didnt do any. The reason i went with fatih dagdelen was that a friend of mine got hers done and some of the celebrities in turkey use him, i also couldnt find anything about him on the internet but i travlled half way around the world and did it without no research was a little crazy of me i think, but i do love my nose. Cant wait to follow your journey. This is the best thing ive done for my confidence
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

?
Maybe go fix your face first before you leave stupid comments on peoples profiles. Dont need stupid people like you telling me i have a big fore head.
Does the doctor decide how your nose should look or do you explain what you do and don't like? And is he English speaking? I am most likely ringing end of this month
Hi, he decides the nose. I guess i trusted him, im happy with the results, im 7months post op and my nose is still getting smaller. I think he can speak english, not all patients are turkish in this hospital. Where are you travelling from?? Apparently he holds seminars in germany.
Hi, I now live in Istanbul and im meeting with dr, your review was really helpful thanks for sharing, you look gorgeous! Did the doctor speak good english? Also, was there any computerized preview of what to expect? thanks
Hi, well i couldnt meet with dr as i live in australia, when i arrived in istanbul it was sort of full on for me and unfortunantly my surgey was rushed, fatih dagdelens father passed away on the day of my surgery and i had to move it forward for few days, one thing i was unhappy about was i wasnt shown a image before hand, i did see a image right before my surgery but i was ok, i had trust in him so i didnt mind at all, im so happy woth my nose, its been nearly 6 months and its getting smaller each day. Just to be sure to ask questions and book a appointment before hand, he is a lovely person, he is such a charmer, i think he speaks english. He is a extremely busy dr, very popular in turkey. I dnt have anything bad to say about it him, if i did i would have written that here and let people know. But i would organise a appointment and talk to him about what you want. Let me know how you go. Would love to hear from you
Hi how did you go?? Any update?
I ended up delaying the surgery because i just did LASIK and need 3 months minimum before another surgery. Your nose looks great and for the tip i wouldn't worry, my friend too had an irregular tip but after a year and half it just looks perfect, i guess its true what they say about swelling it really plays a lot.
Nawww keep me updated ok. Thank you. I think it just gets swallon at times.but im quite happy right now.
I loved reading your review of Dr dagdelen! I am deffinately considering Turkey and would love to arrange a consultation with Dr dagdelen if possible, how did you go about arranging it all? I have visited the Dora hospital website but cannot manage to work out how to contact directly x any help with email address or website would be hugely appreciated xx
Hi yolanda, i called them as i couldnt get much info online, its a very busy hospital so yeah. Im from australia so i wanted to speak to someone over the phone and confirm everything. I actually didnt do any research on the doctor, all i knew was a friend of mine got her nose job with him and i absolutely loved it and im glad i got it with him bcoz everyday im loving my nose more and more. The only thing is that you dont get to choose your nose with him, he does this himself and i trusted him. If you have anymore questions just ask.
Quotes, well they have a set price i believe, i was charged the same $$$ as my friend was. Its 2500 euros which is $3700 australian dollars for me, it was cheaper to have my surgery in turkey then in australia.
Thankyou for your reply :) I may have a go ringing as I haven't yet received a reply via email, as you say it is very busy hospital. Regarding not being able to choose a nose do you mean he goes with what he thinks/wants or do you explain what you would like changing? X