Don't Have Restylane Injected into Wrinkles Under Eyes

Restylane works very well for me in my lips,...

Restylane works very well for me in my lips, marionette lines, nose to lip lines, hands and neck.

I've always looked much younger than I am (56 now) but this year developed some under eye wrinkling which troubled me greatly. They were more like 'sets' of wrinkles than just a new ageing issue.

Because I trust my practitioner, who is good, I sought his advice. I think despite his professionalism and my realism, we both got carried away, because he injected Restylane into the wrinkles - both above and below the orbital bone.

At first I looked great! Within a week I had eye bagging and the wrinkles looked much worse because they'd been bunched up. I was offered a refund which I refused. He declined to use a filler disperser on me and said the filler would be gone in two to three months.

Three months down the line I still have eye bagging and emphasised wrinkles from Hell. There are very early signs that the filler is beginning to break down, but there's clearly a long way to go.

Ironically, filler breaking down can look worse than if you had left things alone in the first place and I'm now aware of creams that could have treated this area which I was not aware of at the time.

The product is good but has its limitations. Please, everyone, check all your options before you allow anyone with a needle near you in areas where even Restylane don't suggest you should go.

It takes two to tango. I consider myself 50% culpable for allowing the treatment