Don't Have Restylane Injected into Wrinkles Under Eyes

Restylane works very well for me in my lips,...

Restylane works very well for me in my lips, marionette lines, nose to lip lines, hands and neck.

I've always looked much younger than I am (56 now) but this year developed some under eye wrinkling which troubled me greatly. They were more like 'sets' of wrinkles than just a new ageing issue.

Because I trust my practitioner, who is good, I sought his advice. I think despite his professionalism and my realism, we both got carried away, because he injected Restylane into the wrinkles - both above and below the orbital bone.

At first I looked great! Within a week I had eye bagging and the wrinkles looked much worse because they'd been bunched up. I was offered a refund which I refused. He declined to use a filler disperser on me and said the filler would be gone in two to three months.

Three months down the line I still have eye bagging and emphasised wrinkles from Hell. There are very early signs that the filler is beginning to break down, but there's clearly a long way to go.

Ironically, filler breaking down can look worse than if you had left things alone in the first place and I'm now aware of creams that could have treated this area which I was not aware of at the time.

The product is good but has its limitations. Please, everyone, check all your options before you allow anyone with a needle near you in areas where even Restylane don't suggest you should go.

It takes two to tango. I consider myself 50% culpable for allowing the treatment

SOLUTION!!! I know its a bit late but i went through the same as you! My last year was a disaster!! I visited a lot of doctores,but i have found a doctor who was offering a some kind of a lasergiving a big light, adressed for skin tightening!! I only had one treatment, but know during one week, the hyarulon filler significantly reduced!!! So I am looking for the next treatment the following week!! She was saying that because of such a big light it will hit. I did not belive it but it did! The other thing that i was offered is to do electric stimulation machine for face. But anyway right now it is a bit too late for me too, i have couple of more wrinkles under eye, so after the whole filler is gone i am going to have a lower eyelid surgery, because the profractional laser DId not help either!!
Hi, Just to all who had bags and wrinkles after fillers/other injections - I had a treatment under my eye (hyfracation for syringoma - litle bumps) and it was for vanity reasons really but conducted by a dermatologist at a private hospital. However after applying some cream my eye reacted and swelled up going down after 3 days but left me with a small bag under my eye and a big wrinkle i'd never had before! At first I thought it would go down but it is clear that is permanant and it is causing me distress because it's such a big change (I think) so sudden and preventable. I am 42 so I was gonna get wrinkles round my eyes but hadn't up til now. I guess it is the lack of collagen in older skin and so if it gets streched it just doesn't bounce back, hence the bag/wrinkles whatever the cause. Anyway I can identify with those who find it hard to look in the mirror/get used to it, it is really hard and the more so I think becasue it results from something we did to ourselves rather than naural ageing.
I'm so glad I read this! I had my tear troughs filled a year ago and they are hollow once again which was expected. What I did not expect was the resulting bags below the bone that were not there. After asking the individual who performed the procedure, she implied that I just have bags! I'm a little confused though - would this filler not be gone completely? How would the bags, which are unusual for me and have never been an issue, be present if the filler is gone? Do keep in mind that I had under bleph about 5 years ago, I'm 51; however, I've lost 45 lbs. So many factors to consider so don't know whats what. Nevertheless, if others have reported bags developing after the fact, it does make me wonder if that is the case with mine.
What are the creams that you would recommend instead?? I have newly formed under eye wrinkles after a crows feet botox treatment. I've been exploring laser and fillers, yet seems too risky to chance making anything worse. I'd like to tighten the skin under my eyes, especially for the next few months while the botox wears off. Any tips on tightening serums or creams?? Thanks!
Beautyblooms, did you get any response for yr questions? I am having the same problem and don't know what to do with it. If you did get anwsers, kindly share. Thank you in advance.
Hi Francis, I emailed a new password to the email address registered at your "Temporarily Disfigured" account. You should be able to use this to log-in. If you're still having problems, drop us an email using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page. Cheers, --Sharon
(Temporarily disfigured) - sorry can't seem to get my old id back on this site. I have had my bad filler removed by a surgeon with a simple injection of hyaluronidase. The guy who injected the Restylane refused to do this. There are some really bad practitioners out there. My latest clinic are brilliant and I had a Sculptra treatment three weeks ago. I look 15 years younger!
why cant they use the hyaluronidase to remove it?
I had restylane under my eyes and now I have these huge dents and they have never gone away. Don't do it.
I have the same problem. I had restylane mid November and hate to look in the mirror. I'm hoping this will eventually go away - isn't there hope? When did you get it done? I've been in hiding.
Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. That sounds just horrible. I in my mid twenties and I've haad hollowness under the eyes since I was 2 yo. But its never really been a problem for me. But after hearing about this new procedure, I had been researching itfor about a year. Debating back and forth. And I honestly dont feel like its worth it. Most of the reviews Ive read, state that the wrinkles themselves, actually looked better than the end result of the filler . I think I will learnt o continue to deal with my hollowness and look for products to aid in that area. Good luck =)
Thanks for your response. That's really sweet of you and I appreciate it! I so wish they'd had the skin awareness and creams they have now when I was in my 20s. You have a great chance of properly caring for your skin to minimise the signs of ageing. I've done a lot of research and tried out many products since my filler issue. Bellaplex is gentle but effective and should help even out the hollowness under your eyes a lot - with no risk. The beauty of this product is that you can put it all around your face, eyes (not lids) and neck/chest - so you don't need anymore than this one treatment if it suits you. Good luck to you too!