Heading to DR for the New ME! - Dominican Republic, DO

HI everyone, i have been on this website...

HI everyone, i have been on this website researching and getting
information to help me make the decision to go to DR and have surgery.
This site has helped me so much! It motivates me and get me excited
to go.

I decided to go with Dr. Wilikiris Robles. I am super excited and
nervous. so i decided to write my journey on here since i have been
preparing to go.

A little about me. I just turned 35 yesterda (yay!) i have 3 young
boy and single. I have be on the heavy side alll my life. In October
of 2007 i had gastric bypass surgery, i went from 317lb at the time
of surgery to 215-217lb. I ended up getting pregenant in December of
2007. Had my second boy but didn't gain any weight since i was still
fresh off the surgery. 2 years later i have my 3 and FINAL son! lol.
i did gain weight with him. I am now around 235-240lb. I am 5'9 so
i am pretty tall so that plays a roll as well. i am plannning to lose
at least 23-40lbs before the surgery.

I decided to get the surgery done because i want to look as fabulous
as i think i do in my head! LOL. I have alot of extra skin from the
rapid weight loss and just need everything to be where it should!.
lol so i have contacted Laura and got a quote after filling out the
information and sending my pictures. So i am excited. As im writing
this, it is starting to seem more real. I know i have a lil time to
go but before it will be here before i know it! I have to really plan
because of my job and school of my kids. They are having a long
vacation in April so i decided that that would be the time to go and
get it done. My mom works for the board of ed so she had the same
schedule as my kids do. So she is staying with them.

So i just want to jot down my journey. So if anyone have any info or
tips on how i could lose these 30-40lb before April of next year
please let me know. If anyone is planning to head out there around
that time please hit me up. I will be traveling by myself so it would
be GREAT to have a partner in crime! lol :)

Until the next time......

Dilemma..........

Hey everyone. So I have a dilemma!! My sister is getting married 2 weeks after my surgery in Vegas! Now im conflicted because I dont know if I will be able to function at all or be able to even walk straight in 2 weeks time. It's More like 11 days! If I don't go I'll be the bad guy!!!

She has been debating about what and when to get married. I decide to do my surgery I'm April and spoke to Laura and everything. Now she comes back and tells me the she is getting married on April 23. I have been considering leaving from DR to Vegas but don't know if I would be able to handle it. Can anyone give me some insight on how they felt about 2 weeks after their surgery?? Ugh!!! Help!!! What should I do????

A couple of Before Pics

CBC confusion

Hey guys,

So I want to my PCP last week. I got my CBC done and received it in the mail. Everything looks good according to my doctor but can someone tell me which initial on the on the list does it state my iron level? I'm assuming it's "hgb". Can someone clarify this for me?

On another note, i'm super excited but feel like I'm not prepared as I should be. I feel there's so much to do and so little time. I realized today today is November 2 and I literally have about five months to go and it's flying by. I'm scared, I'm excited, I'm anxious, I don't know what to do myself! Anyway just a little update on what's going on and just hope I can get this iron stuff cleared up.

Ttyl ????????

Cold feet......

Just wanted to vent a little. I think I'm getting cold feet or just plain out scared! I have been going thru so many emotions that I don't know where to even begin. I feel so unprepared and I am pretty much basing my surgery on my income tax. I feel like something will go wrong because it typically does but I am trying to stay positive and fajth that everything will turn out as I plan.
I don't make a lot of money so I don't really have much to save I have been putting a little bit away from each paycheck but it just doesn't feel like it enough.

I don't know maybe this is my nerves. I also haven't told anybody other than my mother because she's the one that's going to take care of my kids and she's kind of skeptical about it but my mother is always been very supportive everything I do. I'm also scared to tell anybody just because I don't want the negativity or the convincing me out of it. I don't know I'm just in a funky mood I guess. I'm just I guess nervous or anxious just to get it over with and just be in flat side.

I'm also debating about telling my kids father even though we are not together we still have my friendship and I usually do like to tell him stuff. But he's currently deployed in Afghanistan so I don't want to stress him out or give him something to be worried about. Just so much to think about and to prepare for. I guess I'm just overwhelmed with everything.

Vitamins

This can't be life..... There's gotta be more!!

Hey

So so much has been going on. I had to push my date Bach to August! Ugh!!!!! So mad And pissed but I have not control over it right now. My finances are not in order and not where they should be for this type of. trip. So I'm looking to have my sx in August 15 2014 and leave here the 14th. So anyone planning to go around that time please let me know. I would love a sx buddy.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

Hello Rye930, Thanks for sharing your story. It does seem that you have a lot on your plate right now. I am 2 weeks out of surgery and I am not sure if your Sister's wedding will work out for you. The healing process is slow, but everyone's body responds differently to these type of things. I am still very swollen and lumpy without clothes, but look very good in my surgical garments. However, I have not lost any dress sizes thus far...so you will likely be wearing what you are wearing now...just a thought. My Doctor removed 4lbs of fat, but this will all depend on what areas you have having done because they can only use so much fluid/anesthesia for your procedure. There is a lot to think about when having this done and you have a LONG time to think about it and get a LOT of advise. I only told 2 people in my family until the day before my procedure because I did not want to hear the negative push-back and for once in my life I was making a decision based upon my research and desires and not someone else's "approval" if you will. Now I am different from you...I am 44 years old and have had 2 children. I am not sure that I would suggest this to my you if I were speaking to you as my niece or something simply because it weight has always been a struggle, then you have a high risk of the problem returning if you have children or are an emotional eater. I have have had 9 females to have Gastric By-pass in my family, these are sisters, cousins, and aunts...so I am not talking far down the blood line. I have always chosen to keep exercising instead. This procedure was a final choice to me after not being able to get rid of my stomach after having my last child 6 years ago. And I am already looking at ways to exercise to help my stomach to heal and get the best results. I know that I said a lot, but I was just trying to give you some things to think about. I am 2 weeks and 1 day in...still very sore, not sure if I would enjoy going to a wedding right now...actually cancelled my annual Christmas Party because I can tell that I am not strong enough for that. You may be able to go and support your sister, but you may find yourself limited in being able to help her and really enjoy her day as you normally would have. Hope that my comments helped and did not confuse you more. :-)
Hi Rye...I did not see ALL of your story before my last comment. Though, I think it all is still relevant, you have several things on your side that I did not have info about. 1-you already have children, 2-you have GB and have already lost quite a bit of weight and you have kept the negative people away. Just food for thought, your healing process may take longer because of the hanging skin and the tightening of it. The hardest part to me right now is the stiffness from sitting or standing too long and there are these muscle spasms and they show up whenever they get ready. They are not unbearable, but just uncomfortable. After rereading your information it sounds like you are well on your way and will be just fine...making a decision about the wedding is going to be huge...but I will pray for you to not have that type of pressure. Have you thought about having a heart-2-heart with your sister and seeing if she will release you from this since you have worked so hard to get to this point or accomplishment in life? good luck!!!!! (smile)
Hi lashuan. Thank you for your comment/advise. I have had a convo with my sister and needless to say, she not happy but this was all in the plans b4 she made the decision of the date. So I don't know what I'm going to do. But thanks for caring enough to respond.
good luck to you. i hope it all works out for u with ur sisters wedding after the sx. thats a big decision. but im sure you will work it out and make the decision thats best for you and all those concerned. Good luck and geep us posted. I will be following ur journey.
Aww thanks! I appreciate it.
Hi Rye930, have u booked your date yet? With Robles
No I haven't booked it yet. But I have checked with her and Laura and they have the 11th of April free which is when I plan on going.
Ok I've been intouched with Laura as well I'll be coming back home when you arrive. Best wishes to you Love!
aww well thank you and best Wishes to you as well! keep in touch so u can let me know about how it goes and so i can see how "snatched" you wil be! LOL! Good luck hun!
Wow i have 3 boys as well! I know thats a challenge but its gonna be so fun! We hope for the girl( i kno i did lol) my last go round but a knuckle head popped out!!! I love them tho! Its fun having all boys. Congrats on your date! Im excited for you. This time will fly by fast.....
I know right! Lol@ knucklehead Thy drive me crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way!! Thank hun! I know the time is flying!! We almost in December! Bit feeling crazy but i am so excited!!!
Good luck!

How wonderful that your Mom is able to help you out!! I'm glad you started your story so we could follow you during the entire thing. :)

Are you planning to tell your kids you will be having surgery, or are you just going to say you are going on a trip, or something along those lines?

Yes I am very blessed to have my mom. She helps me out so much. I think my kids are to young to understand what I will be doing. I have a 3,5 and 7 year old. I might just tell them I'm going on a trip.
O my! Same ages too!! Too crazy!!!
Really?! That is crazy!!! Lol!
I can't wait to read more about you now that I have read more of your post and comments. This will be exciting to follow! Take care!!!!!!
Thanks lashun69!