Smile Makeover - Dominican Republic, DO

I have been in search of a good cosmetic dentist...

I have been in search of a good cosmetic dentist in either Mexico or the Dominican Republic as having the smile makeover done in my country is too expensive, for me at this time. I have large gaps and I have an overbite.

I decided on going to the Dominican Republic because I will be getting plastic surgery done there. I am not doing my smile makeover and BBL at the same time but it is cheaper there in the DR and I can use that time to meet with plastic surgeons and do a thorough investigation of them. Another reviewer spoke of Dr. Alonso and after viewing some reviews on him and communicating with him via emails I believe my decision has been made. I have not seen any reviews on him on realself and I am hoping that this would help ladies, or men here.

In all I will be having six (6) porcelain veneers and six (6) porcelain crowns done.

Need braces

I have been advised that I need braces prior to getting veneers. I really don't want abnormally huge teeth and I need to correct my overbite. So I'll be getting invisalign before heading to the DR for braces.

Date Changes

As I have shared with you guys I need braces (whether traditional braces or invisalign) before I do my veneers. I am hoping I only need a year of that treatment before my veneers are done but I will update you guys along the way...

Braces Update

I will be getting my braces put in next month and am really looking forward to that journey. It has been something I wanted to do for many years and just one of the many steps I need to get me to my goal of a beautiful smile. Also when I do get veneers done it will not be with Dr. Alonso.
Dr. Mariano Estrada

Dr. Alonso was never my first choice but because of cost I continued communicating with him. I got quotes from Dr. Estrada and Dr. Weise (both of whom I prefer and are relatively close in price). I have not seen Dr. Alonso yet since I need braces first anyway but after reading your review and really going with my gut (after looking at his work) I have decided that when I do go to the DR for veneers it will be done by Dr. Estrada. You need to post pictures.
I did post pics. A whole lot of them before and after as well as proof of the conversations.
Thank you for sharing your story. I hope you can get this resolved soon. My prayer is that he gives you a full refund.
Highly doubt it but thank you
Congrats on getting a date!  Are you doing anything with Dr. Alonso, then?  Have you chosen a new doctor?  If you don't have access to change the doctor's name, I can help you with that.  I can also help you change the date of your procedure if you know what it'll be now.
I will not be going to Dr. Alonso for anything. I have chosen Dr. Mariano Estrada in the Dominican Republic as well. My projected date for getting veneers would be March 2015. I would appreciate if you can change those details for me please.
I had a very bad experience with Dr. Alonso wish I would've known about this doctor. Please post your experience I would appreciate it
So when you get the exact date and price, you can just let me know and I'll update that for you as well :).  Right now I've left it date-less, so it just shows the date of your update, not the days until surgery.  Since it's a year away anyway!
Good to see you again!  It looks from your pictures like you have a slight open bite, and possibly a bimaxillary protrusion.  Are they recommending regular braces or Invisalign?    And do you know to whom you'll go for the orthodontics?  Have they explained how far they are planning to go with treatment before you go to veneers?
Are you going to share your Invisalign story with us? :D
I will definitely do that once I get it done.
No update since October... What happened?
Sorry so much has been going on in my life. But I need to have braces before having veneers. I have an overbite and my spaces are pretty large. I will try to do updates more regularly.
How much did he quote u for that??
Keep us posted! I just emailed Dr. Alonso through facebook...haven't heard back yet. I'm thinking of taking my teenage daughter to have veneers done next summer.
Thanks for sharing

I also look forward to following your journey!  Peace.  :D

Exciting! I want to see him in 6 months
do you know how far he is from dr. robles?
Pls post pictures and good luck

Good luck to you!! :) I bet you'll look awesome, I am looking forward to seeing your after photos!

Thank you. I will be sure to update as I proceed...
Will be following your journey hun good luck
Thanks...hoping to go to Dr. Alonso in November if everything works out but I will post my progress here.