I have large gaps and I have an overbite - Smile Makeover - Dominican Republic, DO

I have been in search of a good cosmetic dentist...

I have been in search of a good cosmetic dentist in either Mexico or the Dominican Republic as having the smile makeover done in my country is too expensive, for me at this time. I have large gaps and I have an overbite.

I decided on going to the Dominican Republic because I will be getting plastic surgery done there. I am not doing my smile makeover and BBL at the same time but it is cheaper there in the DR and I can use that time to meet with plastic surgeons and do a thorough investigation of them. Another reviewer spoke of Dr. Alonso and after viewing some reviews on him and communicating with him via emails I believe my decision has been made. I have not seen any reviews on him on realself and I am hoping that this would help ladies, or men here.

In all I will be having six (6) porcelain veneers and six (6) porcelain crowns done.

Need braces

I have been advised that I need braces prior to getting veneers. I really don't want abnormally huge teeth and I need to correct my overbite. So I'll be getting invisalign before heading to the DR for braces.

Date Changes

As I have shared with you guys I need braces (whether traditional braces or invisalign) before I do my veneers. I am hoping I only need a year of that treatment before my veneers are done but I will update you guys along the way...

Braces Update

I will be getting my braces put in next month and am really looking forward to that journey. It has been something I wanted to do for many years and just one of the many steps I need to get me to my goal of a beautiful smile. Also when I do get veneers done it will not be with Dr. Alonso.

Putting things in perspective

I have had to postpone getting braces due to the fact that I have major surgery on June 26th. Once I recover I will be going to Dr. Nova in the Dominican Republic for him to do my braces at the whopping cost of $450USD...lol. I just have to get my orthodontist back home to do my monthly adjustment, which I have already organised.

Information

Simply sharing this. I realize a lot of persons are interested in contacting cosmetic dentists in the DR to make an informed decision when they go.
Dr. Mariano Estrada

Stage 1: Deep Cleaning and Traditional Braces with Dr. Nova Stage 2: Monthly Braces Adjustment Stage 3: Braces Removal, Deep Cleaning and Whitening Stage 4: Porcelain Veneers with either Dr. Nova or Dr. Estrada

That sounds a little too cheap? I would recommend doing some homework -check ******.*** for great selection-- and review top dentists in Latin America who are cheaper but would consider more than just price
Doing ones research is good and it is through my thorough research I came upon Dr. Nova and yes his cost for regular braces is $450USD and $550 for ceramic braces.
I think a lot of people don't realize the price you're quoting, @JourneyToMe, is just for the installation, and that usually prices are higher because they include all of the adjustments for the full treatment. :)  That might be why @Latin100 reacted to the price in that way.

What I want to know is, are you okay after your major surgery???
Thanks for your post.
At first I thought it said $4500, and I thought, that's just as expensive as here!  But then I saw it was $450. LOL!  How did you arrange about the adjustments, and how much will that cost?  I've never heard of that!
Can u please give me info on how to communicate with these doctor I'm having the hardest time, plus I'm not real ya computer wiz lol, I'm trying to get veneers ASAP I'm currently getting my braces removed
There are two cosmetic dentist who I really like in the DR. Their prices are not the cheapest but compared to other countries I guess its discounted. (1) Dr. Mariano Estrada. Email: 1marianoestrada@gmail.com. Tel. no: 305-897-3152. Website: ******** (2) Dr. Gabriel Socias. Email: info@clinicasocias.com. Tel. No.: 1 (829) 947-5977 ext: 22815. Website: ******** There is also Dr. Oscar Morel. Email: contacto@droscarmorel.com. Tel. No.: 1 (829) 947-5977 ext: 69678
Finding someone locally to do adjustments is an arduous task as most orthodontist prefer to do all their clients orthodontic work, for many good reasons. I am in the Caribbean and many orthodontists are more open to work with individual cases. You have to get your orthodontic records after having the braces put it in the DR and take it to the orthodontist that would be doing your adjustments. It is not impossible but for many it may just be simpler to get everything done one place. I know a woman in a fb group for another procedure had hers done with Dr. Nova and found a dentist in her local area, I believe DC, to do her adjustments. Before going to the DR for braces you MUST first find an orthodontist who agrees to do your adjustments and you believe is capable of doing so.
You can also contact Dr. Mario Montoya. Email: allmedconsultant@gmail.com. I saw someone post his work on a fb page. You can form your own opinion of his work.
I've been wearing braces for eight months now I'm taking them off this month and I'm ready to get the veneers placed in
Also do you know how long the whole process take how long will I need to stay in the Dominican Republic to get maybe nine veneers
Ashley first share with your orthodontist your plans to get veneers done abroad. Hopefully he or she would not dissuade you for superficial reasons but you need to know if you are at the right stage in your orthodontic treatment for veneers. Contact the cosmetic dentists in the DR and determine whom you would like to go to (DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH). Most dentist take a few days before they put the final veneers on. I would say no more than 3-5 put please please talk to them yourself and understand everything.
Please use the Personal Messaging (PM) system to give out web addresses cause I'm not allowed to leave them here.  It's against our guidelines.  Thank you :).
I totally understand. I hope Ashley made note of it already.
I'm sure she did, since she posted a reply.  But I left the names so she can probably Google them with the rest of the info you gave :)
Thanks for doing what you can.
Did you get your braces yet? :D
To date I have not gotten my braces yet. I will be travelling to the DR in November and will be seeing Dr. Nova for ceramic braces. If that plan changes I will update my post.
Dr. Alonso was never my first choice but because of cost I continued communicating with him. I got quotes from Dr. Estrada and Dr. Weise (both of whom I prefer and are relatively close in price). I have not seen Dr. Alonso yet since I need braces first anyway but after reading your review and really going with my gut (after looking at his work) I have decided that when I do go to the DR for veneers it will be done by Dr. Estrada. You need to post pictures.
I did post pics. A whole lot of them before and after as well as proof of the conversations.
Thank you for sharing your story. I hope you can get this resolved soon. My prayer is that he gives you a full refund.
Highly doubt it but thank you
Just saw your update. Good luck on your journey. I had veeners and implants with Dr. Estrada back in 2010 and another implant just this summer. He is really awesome. I like him and his staff very much. I find them to be very professional and skilled.
Do you have before and after pics you can post?
Ive been meaning to post pics. I will try and do it this week. I like my teeth a lot and they are very white. My implant is perfect.