Finally over the Disappointment! - Dominican Republic, DO

OK, I haven't been on here in months. After...

OK, I haven't been on here in months. After stalking this site, no sleep, constantly reading what others are going thru and went thru. I was excited about finally thinking about going thru this journey. Until I hit a snag both positive and negative.
First, the positive, I've spoken to mayda23 on here. I love talking to her. Its not all about surgery but family, ups and downs and just straight laughs! I really appreciate meeting and others on here who have such wealth of info. Next, I am able now to have my surgery alot earlier than first planned due to an increase in income.
Now, the negative, I have contacted numerous of DR's in the Dominican Republic. I've gotten quotes from Dra Baez, but she's booked until May2014. Contacted Dra Duran, now I have waited and waited, I saw females getting quotes and dates after I contacted her. Sent emails in spanish and english, downloaded "viber" and "whatsapp", called her cell, spoke to Elizabeth who is a doll and speaks english well. Needless to say my phone bill is crazy! Contacted Dra Yily, she sent me a quote and a date; after 2 months if going back and forth I decided to book with Dra Yily. My husband spoke with Rosie(as my spanish is terrible), very soft spoken and a sweetheart. I really wanted to receive a quote Dra Duran but alas it still never came. So, I guess thats the Lord telling me he doesn't want me to go with Dra Duran. I understand now that I'm over the disappointment.
Along the way I've spoken with Jules who is another RS vet and who opened "Healing Haven Recovery House" Sidebar, my husband will be joining me for a few days then he leaves for work here in the NYC. She is the BOMB.com!!! Always helpful, a wealth of knowledge, and she helped up my surgery date, she's amazing and always available for questions. Please check out Healing Haven Recovery house.
Lastly, I noticed now that I have my date, plane tickets, and recovery house, I am scared as all hell. I guess most ppl experience anxiety when everything is booked its official. Once everything was booked I started finding these horror stories of women who had PS over seas, necrosis, just ugh! So that freaked me out even more. Then I was talking to Jules and she put my mind at ease. "As long as you take care of your body you'll be ok".
I'm looking at this and I'm like damn I'm really trying to catch up on blogging. Well, until next time, I may post pics. I'm not that brave at this moment. Peace, love and happy healing.

The long road ahead...

I am counting down the days that I will be a YilyDoll! I don't know why I've been eating like a pig. I know its the ANXIETY. But, I need to get a grip and get back to my grind of my weight loss, the holidays are over! Went to get a full physical the other day. I explained that I was going for surgery and she stated I am in good health to get surgery. But, I still need all my bloodwork done. Needless to say, but after I left that drs office I have been on edge. I don't know why, if this is something I've been wanting to do for several years. Now that its write around the corner, I haven't been able to sleep. I haven't been to the gym in almost 2 weeks. I feel like such a fatty pigging out for the holiday but as of tomorrow, NO MORE! I need to take this more serious and get fit for this procedure and for the rest of my life. I can do this!!!!! I can do this!!!! YES I CAN! (Professor Klump's from Nutty Professor voice) lol. Well ladies, I will be going to bed now or at least try. In the meantime, peace and blessings Dolls. Until next time.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Its getting real!

Ok, let me start by wishing you ladies a Happy New Year. And what a rough start it has been. Due to the nerves I had a bad rash all over my body, that cause me to get depressed. My aunt got sick so I waited with her in the hospital for 2 days, she then ended up in the ICU for having the flu and asthma. I was even more upset that she ended up in the ICU. That's only because I love her. Then right after I came home from the hospital, I got really sick! I felt like I was gonna die. I had gotten the flu from her. So PISSED! That was a 2 week set back, then the weather, it knocked 4weeks out from me hitting the gym. I haven't even hit my goal to lose weight before going to DR. I loss a few pounds but nothing significant. Still working at clean eating. I've cheated a few times but we will see how my weight issue turns out.
Well, Its 2 weeks away until I embark on this tremendous journey. I am so nervous and my anxiety is so bad I can't SLEEEEEEPPP!!!!!!!!! If there is anything I want to do right now, is sleep. I have been wired and its getting intense the closer I get to the date. Its funny, the other day I was getting a lymphatic massage to help unlock the stored fat before I hit the table and in the hands of Dra Yily. I promise myself this is the start to a new life of eat clean and train dirty!!! this will be my lifestyle. I know this is not a quick fix to being unhealthly-fat.
Well, this is what its going to be:
I am staying at Healing Haven, everything I need is included.
I will be seeing the Goddess of bodies Dra Yily.
Not sure if I will be going sightseeing, I think I'll save that for my next visit.
But, I will be trying to meet my RS/Real phone buddy who's staying at the Armonia. Wish we would've made the same arrangements though.
I must say, thank you ladies so much for posting your journeys and most being open and honest about their experiences. To no end I am grateful. Happy healing and safe journeys to everyone in the process of reaching their beautiful bodies.

finally on the flat side!

Hi RS ladies! Just out of the clinic a few hours ago. Ok here goes.
I arrived in DR and it was a bit confusing with the pick up. But I must say Jules is amazing, she came to pick my husband up and I up. And then we went straight to cipla. The clinic its self is very modern looking. I stayed on the third floor, which is also the surgical floor. I had a nice room with a flat screen, phone, 2 beds and a futon sofa. Next after waiting for all my results from testing, then they admit you. I was given a gown, chucks and the infamous blue pill (in which I never got to take). I was told when dr Yily comes to mark you up, then you take it. Next thing I know the orderly came to get me in this 1930's gerny. I became overwhelmingly nervous. Yily didn't mark me up, I didn't take the blue pill and was wheeled into the OR. Which looked like I stepped back in time. But everything was new. Yily then came in to mark me up and the anestigologist came in sat down with no gloves but he did wash is hands and cleaned my skin with alcohol. I felt a small sting the he said to sit up, a male nurse cradled me the dr said take deep breath and then I didn't realize I fell out. I woke up twice during surgery. The anestigologist patted my cheeks and said don't worry mami. I see how someone being out of it think they were slapped. Anyhoo, the next time I woke up I was back in my room. Feeling crazy. Thr nurses tell me to lay flat. My ass hurting like I don't what, my back felt it melted and stuck to the bed. I needed to move around. I had one nurse that was so helpful and nice. Everybody else was moving slow to get things needed. I had to wait 13 hours to get pain meds. Overall, this pain is rediculous!!! I knoe I say this now but there will be NO round 2 for me. I can not take this pain ever again.

Recovery House Healing Haven

Jules, I must say goes above and beyond for her guest. As well as her staff. I've only been here since 9:30pm last night and the other girls here are helpful and nice. Including the driver who drove my husband around looking for a pharmacy. He was patient and ready to help. This morning, the house is busy with staff cleaning, cooking and making sure everyone is ok. This place is just like the pictures. Fresh fruits, tea and soup for breakfast. Everything is

cont... Healing Haven

Everything is perfect for now. Can't wait to see what's in store for the rest of this journey.
For the record Dr Yily was very pleasant and straighyt to the point. She came to see me yesterday morning before she went into surgery.

My healing journey

Hey ladies, as I continue to heal through this ordeal. I got my first massage on my 3rd day post op. I didn't think I was gonna make it. The pain was the most. Now on my 8th day post op I'm doing better. Still haven't been able to sleep, up every hour like clock work. The antibiotics give me headaches throughout the day. My legs and feet are still swollen like logs. I took off the compression thigh highs yesterday and my feet started to cramp up. How painful. On a positive note, I'm moving around a lot better. You got to walk around a bit to get the stiffness out your body. I was able to got to the mall yesterday and walk around for like 2 hours. That was a big improvement to when I first came. Day by day it seems to get better and better. My back, where I had lipo, does not feel like the fire-flame but, more like a calm candle burning. Don't get me wrong that sh!t still hurts. Oh the fluid doesn't help either. My tummy is swollen so I can't really see how flat it is. The faja doesn't really show you want you want to see. I know it takes time and patience to really appreciate Yily"a work, for me. I was a bit overweight for my height at the time of surgery. So as I continue to lose weight I will really see and post what a beautiful job she's done.

As promised! pics

I'm 17 days post op and I feel ok. Still a little hunched over but sort of straight standing. I have serious burns from the faja, if I didn't mention it before. The two ladies that put your faja on after surgery put the pads under the tshirt and that's how I got burned. They look horrible but its healing which is a good thing. My scar has a minor burn just above my pubic area. But my scar is razor thin. When the burns heal I'll be posting more pics.

Am I wrong?!

I had a BBL done. But not to the extent of bigger but, to just even out my dimples. I have been sitting on this butt since she pumped it up. Now, some surfaces I can't do for long periods of time. Because of the pressure and the tenderness of the muscle. Now, ppl are saying I shouldn't sit on it. Yily puts the fat under the muscle and says you can sit on it. Any BBL vets can tell me different? Someone who has actually sat on it and had no problems? I'm at a point where I'm not walking around with pillows/bobby or whatever else contraptions made to sit on. Am I wrong?

Negative Ppl

I just want to say that because I decided to work on me, doesn't mean I'm vain.

Its been 3mos.

Progress. First I wanna say that I've been so busy, multi-tasking and all over the world. I'm finally back to check in with my RS ladies. Let me start off by saying. The swelling has gone down. But, I did notice that when the garment isn't worn for a period of time, you do tend to swell. I still have a long way to go. Wearing just a bra and panty under the garment, they make indentations on your body that take a little while to smooth out. Best thing is to wear your garment. I'm saying this and I haven't worn mine now for a whole day. Right now my stomach is poking out, like a bloated look. lol but as soon as I'm done updating, I'm gonna wash my ass and put in on.
How do I feel? I get sharp pains throughout my back, stomach, sides and arms. Certain times when I haven't drank enough water or not being mobile for a minutes the burning in my lower back begins and is serious; and on top of that, the ITCHING! Most times in the morning rolling out of bed with the burning. At nights, my back itches something crazy. And since parts of my back is still numb its like I can't get to the itch to scratch it because its under-under the skin (if that makes sense).
Aside from those horrors, I feel great. I look great in my clothes. Since most of the swelling is down I lost another 15lbs. I must tell the truth, I gained about 5lbs back when I went to ATL for a month. And you can see where you gain at. NOT PRETTY! I slipped a little on my healthy eating lifestyle and I'm slowly climbing back. I need to lose another 10-15lbs to be at my ideal.
Lets back track, I'm 5'1 and I weigh in at 154lbs. I'm not skinny nor am I looking to be. I love my curves. It took me a long time to accept these thighs and butt after I had my son. I was a dancer and was always rail-thin and tried everything to get back to 110lbs. Don't get me wrong, I was never in short supply of compliments and attention from same/opposite sex ppl. But I wasn't happy for a long time. Everyone told me you look fine the way you are. So then with tons of exercise and diet pills I went from a 125lbs to 100lbs and I still wasn't happy. Although, my belly wasn't big and didn't have the extra hanging skin. I still looked fat. That depressed me even more and I turned to food. When I turned 29 I realized I gained 35lbs, still trying to work out. I didn't get any bigger until my boyfriend stressed me out, full time student, full time job and mother. I lost track of myself. At that time I was 145lbs and happily to say I loved my self at a size 6/7. Anyhoo, giving full disclosure on my life of weight battles. Still battling tho carbs is the devil!
I look like one of those ATL strippers. LOL I might change careers. Just checking in to update and talk sh%^. I'll post pics again.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

She's amazing! She has a great team who genuinely care. She is and has a beautiful spirit. I couldn't have chosen a better doctor. I got the infamous YilyDoll curves. I feel amazingly beautiful thanks to Dra Yily. Payments are really straight to the point! Yily comes to greet you, takes pics and if she has questions about your health, she gets another drs opinion first. She's a HEALTH first doctor. You're overweight, no surgery; you're planning on leaving within a few days of procedure, no surgery!