33 Old Mother of 2, Getting Tummy Tuck and Liposuction - Dominican Republic

Hello, everyone. I am new on here and I wanted to...

Hello, everyone. I am new on here and I wanted to tell you guys my experience with the Drs on here. First off, I emailed ALOT OF THEM. Dr Camilo and Dr Disla replied back to me. I was quoted 5000 for all over lipo and tummy tuck with Dr Camilo and 4300 with Dr Disla. I decided to go with Dr Disla since she was cheaper. So far, she has been emailing me back and forth. I sent my 500 deposit and got a confirmation and the date of 16th April 2014 locked in. She just told me to take Vit C, Folic Acid, and Iron pills. She didn't mention any pre blood work that I must have here. She did mention my hemoglobin must be 12 or better. I haven't received any paperwork ( Dr Camilo sent me 3 pages) but I know every Dr is different. But I am happy with my choice, I have read a lot of great things about her and I can't wait to meet her. Does anyone know if she speaks English. I have tried to talk to her on whatsapp but I am not sure she is receiving them. She is responding only through her email. I also have booked Daisy RH. Anyone stayed there ? Daisy is nice also. Any other comments or suggestions regarding Dr Cynthia Disla, please let me know. Especially people who have had her as their doctor. Thanks.

How long did it take for you to get a confirmation date after you sent your deposit I'm still waiting on mines it's been 2 days
Yes Dra Disla speaks english. She isn't the best with technology so maybe she doesn't recognize it's you who is messaging her on whats app. I messaged her on whats app once and she thought I was her friend from Spain. I went to her in May of 2013. She's the best! I love her so much. You should get a CBC before you leave and make sure your hemoglobin is above 12. I got my blood work done before I went and she reviewed it. You will still have to get blood work once there though. I would start taking my pills now just to make sure your hemoglobin is good to go when you get there. Good luck!
Ok thanks, I have started taking the pills and will get my blood drawn in April.

starting to wonder if I made the right decision.

Ok, so I have picked DR Disla ( which I totally feel is the right physician) But reading all the comments and other doctors reviews about traveling 8 days post op from tummy tuck and all over lipo is too soon, is making me a lil nervous. I understand the risks of getting DVT/PE. I am just having a lot of things racing thru my mind now...should I go to DR, ( even tho I already sent my deposit and booked my flight), How can I prevent the DVT, What if I have complications once I get back to the states. I live in Nashville, tn area. ( does anyone know of any surgeon I can have as a backup in case I have problems, like seroma, infection, etc). Has anyone had any problems with flying or seromas? I am overweight but I have no health issues, not on any meds. Maybe I am just freaking myself out, dunno..ugh!!

i am going with dr disla her work is amazing i seen it first hand with my friend. DVT are avoided by getting heprin shots and the most important thing is your compression socks. think positive my surgery is April 2
Thanks!! I am such a worry wart but I have gotten better had to stay off the computer .. Lol
You should def plan your stay for 13 days although I know that sounds so long to be away from your family/job but you want to make sure you have no complications that come with the surgery and disla is very particular with her patients she checks on them every two days on her own and is always available when she is needed

2am and I'm on Real Self!!

So i am soo obsessed with this site!! Lol!! Decided to update to say that I changed my flight to leave 12 days after surgery. I have been emailing Dr Disla and she seems soo sweet. I have been freaking out reading other people reviews and about the deaths that happened in Febuary.. But she answered all my questions and assured me that she will do everything possible to get me back home to my love ones. I still have fears but I'm trying to trust and believe that everything will be fine. Also my surgery is April 16th and I am staying at Daisy recovery house.. Has any one been there? Also is the water there safe to drink? Where can u get bottled water? And should I get these Arnica pills or gel everyone is talking about? Thanks in advance..ima try to get some sleep now.. Lol

Hi there!!! I've also chose Dra C Disla. My MM is scheduled for 4/10/14. I just called my flight reservation to change for a roomier seat post op. Now I have to bring in a medical clearanc from my PS that I'm ok to fly back to Fl. Of course I know if he possibilities of DVY and PE. I'm in the medical field and Eben if I wasn't with all the great feedbacks from RS sisters sooner or later one is to find out. ButGod only knows this may be one way of keeping me from getting back 1 wk post op vs 2 wks...well let's see what happens.I was also canceled my stay at a Drs appt. Afet I had full payment, was just informed she doesn't want to risk taking surgery patients!!; Ugghhhhh. Luckily Yasmin welcomed me with open arms!!! I'm staying at RH where Dr Disla recommended!!!!
Who did u cancel ur appt with and why u need clearance to fly? Sorry ur message or reading funny. I had to change my ticket from 8 days to 12 days post op.
Sorry my smart phone ain't so smart and I'm not double checking what words it chooses to type in. I Originally planned to stay x 1 wk. After calling my airlines to get a seat that has more room for the legs, I was asked why I needed to change my regular seat. Once I said it was to come back 1 wk after abdominoplasty surgery, I was told I needed a letter from my PS stating I can board a plane. Be aware all who intend to use American Airlines!! So now I may need to change my ticket to 2 wks post up unless Dr Disla gives me a drs note that I'm ok (medically cleared) to fly in 1 wk post op. :/

Daisy recovery house

Is there anyone who has been there or no where I can find reviews? I need a place that has awesome internet speed cuz I'm going to be studying online whole I'm there.. Thx

maria have free wifi...at great speed
Ima look into her .. Thx
Awesome...wish you the best. Be well!!!

Changed my recovery house

So I read this horrible review about Daisy's recovery house , so I changed mine to Maria De Los Angeles.. Saw nothing but good reviews on her...plus she is like 2 mins from CIPLA! Getting my blood work Tuesday my TOM just went off so I shld be good by then.

Here is some of the bad Daisy Review

Part 2 of the bad review

I am very much stalking this site and Dr. Disla patients, I have emailed her many times and she seems great. I have not made a commitment yet, but I would appreciate it if you both would post pics. I am still on the fence about going out of country, if I do I would like to go to Disla, I believe she is a fine Dr.
I sure will , I go to her April 16
Has anyone been at Armonia with host Yazmin?

Time is going by soo quickly

Hey everyone, just wanted to write a little about how fast the weeks are going. I bought me the make me heal pre and post op vitamins , arnica tabs and arnica gel from amazon last night totaled around 80$. Have 2 boxes of gloves, bobby pillow for my back, compression stockings and wedge pillow for elevating my legs. It's the foam kind so hopefully it will fit in my suitcase.. lol. Still have a lot to buy. Got some cute dresses at good will and Ross. Thinking I'm only bringing 6 dresses and just change them out for the 12 days I'm there. Worried about getting lipo of my arms tho and if I will be able to move them.. I'm bringing my laptop cuz I'm planning on studying while I'm in bed ( have an online A and P course) I have to STUDY while I'm there... Unfortunately. Any questions or comments please post cuz I'm always on here and will reply ASAP! Oh, getting blood drawn Tues, hope my Hemo is good :)

Wishing All the ladies a safe trip and excellent results. I recently had surgery in DR and it was great. The only advice I have is please don't be in a rush to leave. I understand most don't have the luxury of staying long but remember this is your body and life. Doctors in the states are very reluctant to assist you if something were to change once you get home. I've seen lots of cases were things could of been prevented or healed better if the patient would of just stayed longer in DR. So if you can take it easy and heal. Best to All !,,
How long did u stay ? I'm stay for 12 days
The Dr. Requested I stay at least 15 days. I ended up staying almost 30 days after surgery but was in DR for almost 1.5 months. I waited a week to get surgery. I didnt want to do anything rushed and When I got to DR i was very swollen idk if it was the flight or what. If I get a tummy tuck I plan to stay the whole summer. Everyone heals differently 2 ladies that arrived 2 days after me had TT that week and were up and walking straight by the 15 day. Other ladies it was 2 months and they were still healing. I just feel some go to rushed and something this major shouldnt be rushed. Lots of women have come back to the states,from various countries after having surgery and have had to fly back. If by the 12 day you feel great by alleams head home but when a Dr. Ask that you please stay you have to understand they are saying it for your own good. The pros and cons of having surgery abroad I guess. I wish you the Best and know you will be just fine.

Blood came back : (

So I recieved my lab results yesterday and my Hemoglobin was 13.2!! Yey, right? Nope, my WBC was 2.6 range: 4.4-11, Neutrophils: 36.6 range: 50-70, ABS Neutrophils: 1.0 range: 2.5-7.0 and Lymphocytes elevated at 49.8 range: 20-40!!!!!!! I have no idea why this would be like this?? I feel fine besides being a little tired but I am persuing my RN so I just figured it was the stress from school. I really hope I will be able to go on 16 April, however, I am not risking my health for it. If I have to push it back til June I will. It just sucks but God has a reason for everything. Going to my PCP today. I haven't told her about me going to DR, and I don't know if I am ( don't wanna hear her mouth about how it is not safe...yada, yada, yada)

Hi Ladies! How do I reach Marias RH?
Maria's cell: (809) 819-2558. She is on whatsapp. maria_ang11@hotmail.com
Daisy recovery house is a very good recovery house I had a great experience I can't believe these neg comments and her nurse and staff all take care of you hand n foot don't opt her out I just left last week

My CBC is back normal

So after worrying like crazy my WBC went back up in 2 days !! My hemo is 13.5! And I'm still taking all my vitamins might back down on b12 since it was high but I'm good to go! Now just gotta pack and get stuff together. My allergies are bothering me. Has anyone took any allergy pills before surg??

Thanking God

Just wanted to thank god nothing was seriously wrong with me .. Amen and Hallelu!!

Pre op pics

Getting Ready

Hello people, well it's almost time. Got my bags packed and I am ready to get it over with! I hope I don't get any mess at the airport about all my meds ( putting in my checked bag) my TOM came on yesterday so hopefully I will be finished by the 16th. Decided not to lipo my arms so at least I will have one part of me not hurting.. Lol.. Will post more when I get there.. Thx!

Good luck Doll
Thanks
Hey, wishing you good luck, I also have on 16th of April!!!! A bit nervous :)

1day post op

First of all I want to say is that I love Dr Disla. She is soo cute and sassy. Feels like family. The worst part of the surgery is the epidural ( omg). I cried! But last night I Had discomfort than pain. When I finally got up nausea hit me like a ton of bricks. And my stomach feels soo heavy like my insides are falling out. Changing the faja is a mother too, cuz ur so sore. But overall I will say it's doable! Not seeing her til Monday and getting my 1st message then. Hopefully I will feel better walking cuz I don't like it now..

Happy Healing!! I just found your review...when you get time can you give me an estimate of how much you paid for surgery/recovery house/flight/garments/etc....THANKS!
Recovery house 950. Don't pay nite off surg and 100 deposit off. It's 120x 6 days (me and my husband ) then 75x6 days( for me only when he leaves). Includes 3 meals and snack plus transportation) my surgery was 4300 for tummy tuck and lipo all over. Paid 150 for 2nd faja and 12$ for antibiotics. I brought my. Own ointment and pain med. was not given blood clotting med cuz of my hemoglobin dropped to 9. The flight was 635 round trip
AWESOME PRICE!!! I can't wait to see your results! HAPPY HEALING!

2 days post op

Looking good!! Hows ur stay at the recovery house? ill be staying there next monday.
U look great! ♡ im scheduled with her May26... did u get lipo to ur thighs?
congrats hun you look great! looking forward to your update. happy healing:)xoxo

6 days post op

Hello everyone! I am 6 days.. Still sore and back is very uncomfortable but it is not painful! Have not really took any pain meds. Fever keeps leaving then coming back. Today is gone. It's just a low grade fever so I don't feel bad. I went to dr Disla for first time after surgery yesterday and my incision looks good . Will be leaving Sunday and so nervous about going to the airport and walking! Especially in Miami !!

Aw, I'm leaving Sunday. It's ok , it's clean and they are nice. The food is ok not great but if your not picky it's ok.
Yea I got my inner thighs. Sorry I'm just responding

6 days post.

Here are some pics. I hate my faja. Lord it feels worse than the surgery !! ( sorry had to get that out) had mine taken in today and it's like day 1 all over again

Happy healing
Omg you look amazing! Are u in Disla secret fb group ?! I would love if you can share your results with the other girls (newbie&vets) they would love to c your results.... friend request vinita muneca
Ok thanks

Update

Today I am 15 days po and came home last night. So far soo good. Seeing another plastic surgeon toma in TN to follow up care. Soo happy I found someone in case I have problems

Darling, how you like Dr. Disla i need a TT revision and debating between her and Dr. BAEZ, any advice will be appreciated. Thanks
You LOOK AWESOME...so you just got tummy tuck and lipo all over???
Thx

3 wks post op

Today I am exactly 3 weeks post op and I am getting stronger each day. I am not completely up straight yet but my incisions are closing up nicely. Have had 3 small Seromas drained ( most being 20cc) but besides that have no other problems thank god. Have been home for a week now and have not heard anything from Dr Disla though. Thank god I have found another physician to see me at home. I swell sometimes when I do too much, but that's expected. Ladies, this is a such a roller coaster . TOM has visited me today and OMG these cramps!!

Best Masseuse in DR

She is soo sweet and the best. Her name is Uvie : (809) 941-2478. She will come to you. She doesn't speak English but u can use a translator app ( that's what I used) to talk to her. She is on whatsapp too! Call her! I love her!!

I loved her honestly! The only thing is that afterwards when you see her in her office be expected to wait an hr or two. But she will take her time with you and answer all your answers . Plus my body is hot! She did awesome job!
Yea that's all I did

Me 3 wks later

Me with no faja! Just compression leggings and abdominal binder. My PS here in TN said that's all I need. But I still wear it sometimes

I'm in tn too.who was follow up doc here?
Dr j.j. Wendel
Stop! you are not 33! You look fantastic!!!
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

Dr Cynthia Disla is very sweet and personable doctor . She is very hands on and make u feel like family. Her bedside manner is awesome, I am happy with my her 100%