My Journey to the Body I Once Had - Dominican Republic

So far my surgery date with Dr Yily De Los Santos...

So far my surgery date with Dr Yily De Los Santos is Feb.12.2013. I'm flying out & arriving on Feb 11th & Having my consultation the same day i arrive.

Currently Im deciding to go with Tummy tuck and liposuction of abdomen, arms, back and flanks is 3800$USD. It also includes 1 compression garment, pre-operatory tests, cardiologist, anesthesiologist, clinic expenses.

This is something that i always wanted to do , i have been unhappy with my body since i had my two children back to back .in 2005 & 2008 I would just like my petite figure back, and maybe a few extra curves wouldn't hurt.

I'm feeling really excited at this point i just want my BIKINI BODY.. lol I have been sexy and petite before , however my childrens births changed that really fast. Im thinking this is one of the best things i could do for myself, Even if i lose all of it by myself i still would NOT have the shape i crave.

I have watched the whole procedures be performed on you tube, I like to be know what i'm in for & what to expect. All i have been doing is researching these procedures , medicines, pre and post surgery.

My Journey to the Body i once has is about to begin .....

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your upcoming surgery with us. Good luck with your procedure, I hope everything goes well for you.

Please do come back and let us know how you're progressing!

i sure will , thanks kirsty =]

So the new year has finally arrived , im feeling...

So the new year has finally arrived , im feeling ohh sooo very anxious.... lOl

Im 40 days away from my big day, feels surreal.

I have been online double checking my check list,,

finding out passport info, as well as expenses for after care.

so far you will need to put aside money for after care, that can total up to 600 depending what package you pick for spa care...

passport cost - 150-200

air fair ROUND TRIP from Boston -to Santo DMGO- 400-500

Also the luggage and things you have to bring with you 100-150..

I am pretty much packed. This is what I have to help those wondering what to take on their surgery:
*Feminine Wipes
*Antibacterial soap
*Tylenol pain cream
*Arnica Cream - For bruising
*Bromelain Pills - For swelling
* water pills for post op swelling
Epifoam - For inside of your garment to smooth.
*Tape Measure - To keep progress of ur amazing new measurements
*Extra strength Tylenol 500 mg - Anything like ibuprofen, Aleve, and some other pain meds are bad for you since they can cause more bruising and bleeding
*Thigh High compression socks - Known to reduce embolisms, especially on the plane ride back
*Hibiclens - Anti "microbial" skin soap, comes in liquid form. Really good for using BEFORE your surgery. Not meant to be used as reg soap since it is very harsh on the skin and can cause irritation if used for a prolonged period of time
*Maxi Pads - Recommended for inside your garment to smooth any creasing to not leave permanent lines or dents after lipo since you fat is very moldable and like jello lol
*Funnel - To pee so you dont have to take the garment off and can pee through the hole at the bottom using the funnel
*Stool Softener - I hear after anesthesia its hard to have a proper "bowel movement" lol
*Chux - They look like the doggie pads they use to pee when they're being potty trained, they're white with blue lining absorbent pads. To help catch any leakage/draining the first few days

also purchase the Vitamedica Surgery program supplement, waiting for it in the mail. Its a supplement that enhances and promotes healing since it has tons of essential vitamins and minerals needed for healing that may not be gained through diet alone. It has good reviews and people who have taken it say it has helped them so why not lol. I don't want to feel like poop or be in pain and discomfort forever. I want to bounce back soon and do everything I can to take care of myself properly. Its all about the post op care ladies!
http://www.recoveryelements.com/clinicalsupportforsurgeryprogram.aspx - There is one that's $60 and $100.
yes i truly believe she is the best . we are some very lucky girls to have found her =)
Dr. Yily gave me the same price for my surgery. She really is a good surgeon. Im schedule for her in June. Im excited for you good luck and keep us posted on every thing . Good Luck :-)
Hi, im tryin to go n June we should talk...I just got her info so im about to send my pictures & see wat she say...Would love to hook up so we could b there together. ... Email love.quita@yahoo.com

So0o0o 33 More days till my Big day!! I'm so...

So0o0o 33 More days till my Big day!!

I'm so excited its still kind of surreal, i mean who else wouldn't want to go to sleep & wake up looking better then before.Lol

I am able to do my taxes this month because i go to someone who will use my last weeks pay stub from 2012 to file this year,

So far i'm upgrading to a 3 bedroom, buying a new car, & getting a new figure, I'm so happy with all of these goals i am achieving ,

i feel like this is something i deserved , its been a very stressful 7 years being unhappy with my body, & having very

low self esteem, i say if it will make you confident and more happy in your life, then GO FOR IT!

I never let anyone's opinions effect me, i live by my rules, & i do what makes me happy,

As for the negative opinions or concerns, or feedback i received, not specifically on this site, but in general , i am happy people

care, Such as ( just exercise you don't need this (* DON'T DO THIS CONNIE IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY) even if i were to

excersize i would never get the results i crave, my stomach muscles are so destroyed from child birth ,

it would never be the same my stomach muscles are spaced far apart its going to take reconstruction to fix .

however, this is my choice, its my body , im doing this

& i appreciate your concern, BUT it has zero impact on my decision to do this,

I am buying my plain ticket next week =D

I am ready more than ever .

Yily is amazing i'm so happy to have chosen her , i will have minimal scars, with the results i want ,
I think you are so awesome! I taking on Dra Yily for my surgeries. I can't wait to see your results.
Thank you so much im posting before and after pics but not until i have my after results. I am 100% confident in Dr Yily. i have never had any procedures done, this will be my 1st time, shes is so skilled i have no worries , and also shes very reasonable with her pricing.
Hello , I'm thinking about going to yily, I was thinking about Robles, but yily seems to get your waist line curved out the best,. I wish you the best and please post pics.

My days less than a month away , ive decided this...

My days less than a month away , ive decided this is something i don't wanna share, i don't wanna hear anything negative so if you know me i will def be on fb sharing new pics. but def not on here. God bless everyone i hope my results are what i am hoping for.

# TEAMYILY
MrsMaries- I'm new to this, and I wanted to know if you ever got the BBL? I really wanted to see the results. Please, let me know how did it go in DR with Doctor Lyly Dos Santos? and how much do I actually new to spent in the entire trip, including the surgery, hotels, recovery, etc? Thank you! Marcy
schedule for 03/17/14... what do your think, could I change my mind?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

I was referred to Dr. Yily through a friend who has surgery this year in santo domingo,