Cabral got it going on- I'm in love: Dominican Republic

Hi everyone I have been stalking this site for...

Hi everyone I have been stalking this site for about a year know. I am 25 years olds, and I have one child who is 2 years of age. I've always dream of having a perfect body. One with a very small tiny waist, big hips, thighs and a nice run butt. Im about average in weight 149Lbs, and 5 2" tall. I'm physically active, I love exercising. I do it like about 3-5 times a week, but I still have not achieved that dream body I've always want. I already had a mini tummy tuck on Jan 2013, however the work was very sloppy ( loose skin, uneven sides, and still a hump). I did it in my home town, which is St. Thomas USVI, with a plastic surgery from Trinidad, by the name of Errol James. I am doing this plastic surgery to treat myself for all the goals I have achieved, and I believe I deserve it. just graduated from nursing school in May of 2013, and I am currently a Registered Nurse after passing my boards on January 15, 2014.

I choose to do my surgery with Dra. Yily. I have fallen in love with how she shapes the body giving you those natural but still sexy curves. Her stitch work is very neat and I've read that she gives great bedside care. I plan to do a full tummy tuck, liposuction of the whole torso, ad a bbl. Dra. Yily gave me a quote of 4,300. Im about to send in my deposit tomorrow so that my surgery date: 9/25/14 is being reserved. I am excited especially when I see a Yily's Barbies post pictures of the current results.

I still have a long way to go, so I'm still doing research and things I need to know to prep for the surgery (affordable places to stay, supplies needed, garments and their website essential vitamins, etc)
Nice, but do yo have a befor pic so I can see the diff?
Hey Doll, congrats on starting your journey. I had a bbl about a month ago but have some saggy skin so why not go for round 2 and then some. I also am trying to go with yily or duran, whoever answers me first. ill be going in march of next year so im trying to not get too obsessed yet lol
Thanks you for welcoming me! Great choice of Doctors, I've seen their reviews and they are all great!!! Good Luck and keep me posted with your decision!!

Deposit/ Surgery Date

Hey ladies, I sent my deposit ($300) to Yily today, and my surgery date has been confirmed!!! I am having my surgery on 9/30/14. I am elated!!!!

I also got some great news today! I got a new job at my local hospital as a NEW ICU NURSE!!!! YAYYYYYY congrats to me, my hard work did paid off!!! I am kind of worried of getting approval for time off in September for my surgery. I've heard that once you start working as a new nurse, you will have to wait a year to take vacation. So someone told me that if I take time off, it will have to be "leave without pay"!!!!!! BS but if that's what it takes, I will do it. Because one thing for sure is that I am not postponing my surgery AGAIN!!!!
I need some suggestions ladies, how many weeks should I take off to heal? I was thinking 6 weeks, what do you think?
Hey all the best!! I'm from st.croix and I'm planning on going in nov 2014 lipo bbl... I love yily work!!
Really?? Great to hear from a virgin islander!! How long have you been on RS?
2 months now... I was eithier goin with duran or yily but yily answered first!!

Recovery House????

Okay dolls, I'm having a difficult time finding a great, comfortable and affordable recovery house. I have about four recovery house in mind, but I'm still debating. I was looking at Upscale, Jacqueline Marrero, Healing Haven, Silhouette and the new recovery house that just opened in January -Deluxe.

I do not have enough information on Deluxe as yet, so I cant decide if I should include it in my top 5, this is all I got:

There's a Recovery House named ‘’DELUXE RECOVERY’’ that will be open in January, not associated with me but i'm helping them with tips in order for them to provide the patients with the correct attentions.

Prices:
Ø Rooms with 1 bed: $85 dollars a day.
Ø Rooms with 2 beds: $75 dollars a day.
Ø Rooms with 3 beds: $65 dollars a day.
Ø If somebody who is not having surgery joins you, it's $50 dollars charge for that person

The prices include:
ü 3 meals
ü The room with bathroom inside
ü Nurses
ü Security
ü Roundtrip from the airport and back, also to the clinic for post-op appointments

I also heard great things about Real Recovery Aromnia. Any suggestions!!!!!! Thanks!
Can I have the phone number for deluxe recovery. Pretty please

Still lurking*****

Can someone please send me some suggestions on the top three recovery house??? And did anyone asked Yily for a job letter to present to their supervisor, for time off??
The three recovery houses that I've heard of most: 1. Aromnia, 2. Upscale, & 3. Healing Haven
Not sure which one's the best yet
Thank you Dream2B, I will take a look at Aromnia and Upscale and let you know which one I think is best! Im in a debate between those two!!!

Where is Yily, like really?????

Ok so my deposit has been sent to Yily's account, but I am constantly emailing her and I have not yet gotten a reply!!! Wassup with that? It's been a week since my first email and Yily has not email me back. I am really annoyed at this point!

Wish pics

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Ok thanks for the advice I will look into that!
Are the arnica pills best ? And a lot of us choose yily bc duran is impossible to get in contact with ! Impossible ! What do you think of cabral work ??

Found a recovery house!!!

Ok so I decided I will be staying at real recovery armonia. They serve 3 meals a day and one snack! They also have wifi, ac, a doctor on board, great massages,etc. I also heard great things about them. I saw their pictures and the atmosphere looks really relaxing. Have anyone stayed there? I'm open to your reviews and insights!
We are going around the same time! I am going Oct. 2! Maybe we'll pass each other! If you're part of FB message me and I can add you to the Recovery House groups where ladies do reviews and some RHs answer some questions...
Great!!!!! I will do that!!!!

Changing doctors*****from Yily to Cabral

For the last few weeks I have not been able to get in contact with Yily!!! I've sent my deposit a month ago and from since then is have not heard from her!!! Any one has an idea of what's going on????? I heard it has to do with a recent patient that died during surgery.

I have sent Yily numerous emails, I called the office- no answer and on top of that her IG page has been deleted!
I'm sick of this shit, I'm currently reaching out to Dr.Cabral! I love his work and I can better communicate with him via whatsapp! I will keep you guys updated
At this point I think you mad a good decision, you will feel much more comfortable knowing that the doctor cares enough to communicate with you and anwers questions and needs. Good luck.

Has anyone heard from Yily???

What is going on? Has anyone heard from Yily? Is it true that a patient died under her? What is the news about CIPLA??? Someone please update me!!! This is crazy.
I've seen some good reviews on Dra Disla here. I don't know if that helps you, but I can see you're struggling with the choice of doctor. I hope you find the right one and I wish you the best! :)
Hey love, yes I was in a struggle but I came to a finally decision! Cabral is my doctor and I feel more positive that everything will work out! I will still take a look at Dra disla. I've never heard about her.
Good luck to you hun! ;)

Changed doctors----Yily >>>Cabral

Ok ladies, I was fed up of hunting Yily down, so I decided to contact the king of barbies, Hector Cabral. Yes I know his has a bad reputation in burning people and a good amount of deaths under him, however I have been stalking some recent patients of his and he seems to be on top of his game! He quoted me on whatsapp 4,500 for bbl, Lipo, and tummy tuck! I then booked my appointment with his assistant the next day. I'm going the same day that I booked with Yily, September 31. I'm excited and I can't wait to look fabulous. I still have some research to do in regards the RH, supplies and finances. I have five months to go so I should be more than prepare! Let's hope nobody else dies in that damn clinic bc for hell sure I will completely cancel every thing!

Need a SERIOUS BUDDY!!!

Any one going between September 30- October 8? Inbox me and let know if you are willing to share a room. My choice of RH are between Armonia and upscale
hey i thought yily was ignoring me too when she doesnt respond...but she does not reply to her emails the front desk does... i just got internationla calling on my cellphone and called her office numer and they looked up my email over the phone and confirmed a date for me

Two more months until my Sx

Ok so it's been a while. Things are starting to fall in place. I have been communicating with Dr. Cabral a lot on whatsapp and getting things situated for the surgery. I'm going on Sept 30th and I'm doing a tummy tuck, bbl, and full lipo of the abdomen. I'm thinking about doing my arms and chin as well. I've been talking to Maria at the office and she suppose to be putting a job letter together for me so that I can take time off to do the surgery.

In regards to RH, I choose Upscale. The atmosphere looks so relaxing and I like the fact that they give you the 7th night free.

As soon as I get my letter I will purchase my ticket and make my deposit at the RH. That's when I know that it's going to be official!

God, I'm excited but I'm nervous at the same damn time. I can't stop visualizing myself in my new BOOTYlicious body. Damn it's gonna be turnt up! "Cabral Barbie under construction".

Any way feel free to leave comments or advice that u think I may need!!!!
Girl, Cabral just killed someone July 10th. Yily isn't my favorite either. The 2 of them are really really aggressive. Your life is worth more than putting it in the risk of someone that is KNOWN for "unusual deaths". I know you want the perfect body but perfection is when your child looks at you and says, "your so beautiful mommy" trust me you don't ever want to stop hearing those words. Google Cabral July 5th to the 12th she too was a mom. #justMyTwoCents
cabral is a butcher and a murderer...you would have to be insane to use him....yily has had problems as well....please cancel your surgery...for the sake of your life...
took my breath away

Ticket brought

Ok so it's official now. I just brought my ticket today!!!!!! I'm flying with JetBlue and I made sure I applied for special Assitance when returning. The told price is $357. I have a one stop in Puerto Rico and should be arriving in DR at 2pm. I have plans to go straight to the clinic and get my lab work and paper work signed so that the next day it's all about the surgery. I'm excited and nervous at the same time, but I'm praying every single day and asking God for protection. I believe every thing with go well. When by the ending of August, I should have all my supplies together and a deposit to a RH. September 30th is only 10weeks away and it seems to be coming quickly.
I'm excited for you :D. I will also be praying for your safe journey and surgery.
Thank you!!!! I need all the prayers I can get!!! :-)
Are you having brazilian butt lift or lipo only ?

Good news- Bad news- I NEED A SX BUDDY!!!!

Ok so the good news is that yesterday I got approved from my job to take 7 weeks off to do my surgery. Like I said I am a ICU nurse and I just started in April so I didn't had enough annual leave and sick leave, but I get to do leave without pay! I've been save from time I started so I know I will be good on the financial sides. I haven't yet purchase my supplies as yet, but I did made contact with surgeryiqueen on Facebook and saw that she has a set package for Cabral patients. I think it's about $290. It has everything you need, I mean everything. The other supplies I'm thinking about purchasing from Amazon. I'm suppose to be booking my RH tomorrow or next week.

Now the bad news is that 1). I don't have a surgery buddy or anyone to go with and 2). My mom is having a hissy-fit that I'm going to do surgery AGAIN!!!! I am still reaching out for a surgery buddy. Anyone interesting please inbox me. I'm going sept 29th and my Sx is on the 30th with Cabral. NOW, this thing with mom has me all emotional. That is why I didn't want to tell her in the first place. She worries too much. She told me that I have a great job and a young daughter, I have a great body and I don't need it. My body is OKAY, but it's not perfect. I will upload a photo of me. She even went to the extend to say I have she crying at her job bc she doesn't want me to go. I got sad and thought she idk what she will do if she lose me. I'm her first out of two and I don't want her on psych meds. Lol she is kind of dramatic n crazy. But for now my mind is made up and I've prayed and prayed and saw so many people went thru and made it! I know I can do that saw! All this research for nothing???? Nah, I'm GOING. I will update y'all some more later.
your mom is right to worry... a third world country surgery and with a doctor that was butchering women in basements in new york and has killed several people as well...and yily has had problems like this too....would you want your daughter to go through with that??? i hope for your moms sake, you will decide to cancel...

US Protection-important info if your traveling to DR

Ok ladies I have saw a few reviews stating to sign up with embassy.mi have looked into to it and it's a great idea. Embassy basically makes easier by informing you of important information to help in decision making, they contacted you in emergency situations, and they ask help family get in contact with you in case of an emergency. There is also tips on how to prepare yourself when travel to DR- regards exchange of money ( not walking with large amount of cash, getting travelers checks or what credit cards are accepted, etc) Be sure during you checkup that immunizations are up to date, there are certain immunizations that needs to be given well else you not be able to enter the country. Also just in case something happens to you, the hospitals only accepts cash if you have no insurance. There is a list of insurance posted in Embassy, that some hospitals accept in DR. please call your insurance company and check to see if you are covered. Lastly, please make at least 2 copies of your passport and itinerary and carry one with you and leave the other one with someone back at home. That way you are covered if your passport happens to get lost of stolen.

Oh did I mentioned that Embassy is free? Yes it is. It's better to be safe than to be sorry.
My surgery is like 2 weeks after yours. Going to cabral on the 14th of October. Flight already paid. ✈ in on the 11th.
Great, I might get to see you before I leave. :-)!
Really? How long are you staying?

RH booked

So I finally booked my recovery house! I'm stAying at kindness recovery house because serenity is full. BTW upscale closed down, I was told by the owner, Liz. I'm super excited. I'm convincing my BFF to come with me so that I can feel a little more comfortable. NOW LET ME ADDRESS SOME THING HERE!!!!Some people just know how to spoil it for others! Now why the hell these"US postop patients" always have something to say about santo domingo and the surgeons! Everything appears to be negative. "Stay away for dr they will kill you and ALL KINDA BS. LET ME SAY THIS, have nothing to say when u damn well know your experience was fuckery and you went US. As I go thru their blogs, all I see is "I'm not seeing any difference" or "I'm still not satisfied, waste of money" but yet you commenting talking BS. Not one my page bc I will personally address u ass! I'm sick of this shit. People reaching out for help so that they can have a well planned, successful journey and all these moda****ers do is try and scared the shit out of people with their hatred comments! NOT ON MY PAGE! You have nothing good to say, read, think your thoughts and pass the fuck on!!! NUFF SAID- islands style
Omg I can't wait to see Ur results! May everything come as as planned!!
Best Wishes on your journey to DR

Few pics of me before surgery

Great, well said!!
:-) I can't wait to meet you!
Yeeeees... me too. Just couple of weeks and we will be down with the king of barbies if God is willing!!!

Information that may help!!!!

As I said before I am a registered critical care nurse and I know the pros and cons of postop care. A few topics to discuss that may help. 1. Wound care that includes cleaning your incision and preventing infection. 2. Pain management for comfort 3. Hydration to replace fluid and blood loss. I will be using my nursing knowledge and critical thinking throughout this journey.

Topic 1 wound care.
When you are fresh out of Sx you are at risk for infection. That means you need to signs and symptoms of infection, instructions on how to clean your site and of course proper positioning so you don't irritate the wound. S+S of infection are redness, swelling, pain (you should b sore or in discomfort) and increase yellow foul discharge high temps and heart rate. If you experience more than two of these symptoms at once get checked out ASAP. If you wait it can lead to sepsis- your whole body gets infected and it can lead to cardiac arrest.
To prevent infection, clean your wound daily WITH SOAP AND WATER. Nothing else!!! No cream no ointment just keep the wound dry. Moisture habors bacteria. It's like your vagina is constantly wet then you found out you have a yeast infection. It goes the same way!!! Use sterile clean water- I recommend a bottle of water in DR and some gauze and pat dry your wound. The only reason you will need ointment or cream of it gets infected. The doctor will then prescribe antibiotic. KEEP YOUR WOUND DRY. Yes you can cover it with the gauze for protection or prevent irritation but it has to be fully dry. Next make sure you position your self well when you are ready to stand, sit or sleep. We call this splitting. It's a way where you use a pillow and put it against your tummy and put pressure against it while standing at the same time. It is more comfortable, prevents yourself from straining and prevents your incision from opening or tearing.

I got to go back to work. I will post the rest tips later!

To be continue....

In addition to wound care, I've heard from other patients who went to laminate and Robles and was told not to do massages right after post op. I was told that the nerves under the skin is damage and doing early massages causes more damage to the nerves when they are suppose to be healing. I did see a video on Facebook under surgeryiqueen and it looked painful like hell. Plus I saw a women using lotion while doing the massages, and that gets into the incisions and cause an infection. To think about it that is why all these girls get infection during their postop period. I was told that lymphatic massage should only be done by certified personnel, so I will wait until I reach back to my island and do my massages. That is the lease of my worries. Yes you will get swollen but base on my past experience it subsides on it's own after a month or two.

Next topic was pain management. I read so many reviews in regards to how the meds in DR does not work. So I will carry my own pain med just in case. I usually recommend patients to let me know when they are starting to feel tense and uncomfortable so that I can give the meds before the pain get out of control. For fresh postop pt I give it to the around the clock(every 2hours). I practiced that so that's my technique for self care. Great pain meds would be Tylenol #3, morphine 500mg, dilaudid, Percocet, fentanyl tramadol, loratab and the list gets long. These meds has to be prescribe so see if you can get them from your primary doc.

Fluid balance.
After surgery you do loose a lot of blood, which includes major electrolytes that help keep your body going. Most important sodium and potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous. I've read a lot of people using diuretics to get rid of fluid but you actually need the fluid. When you do dieresis you are getting rid of all the sodium and increasing the potassium to stay in the body which causing an imbalance in the body. Too much potassium causing your heart to go into dysrthmias and you end up having a heart attack. Please leave the diuretics alone and leave your body heal on it's own. If anything I would do organic diuresis ( fruits that causing you to pee a lot) you should be asking your doctor if it's ok to get a diuretic in the first place.

My last thought would be if you have the knowledge about postop care everything will go well but all I ready is preparing for the surgery but no reviews on how they will care for theirselves after the surgery. Be smart people! Getting ready for the surgery is ez! Eat right, exercise, get your money right, and a companion. After the surgery is the hard part, because you will be vulnerable and need lots of care but you have to know what is the CORRECT care!

I Hope this info helped!
ready
wooooohooooooo! You're eady to go. :)
Very informative info. thank you

Obessive

I'm total obessed with this surgery. First of it's suppose to be private. Only my close friends and family was SUPPOSE to know. But then I started to get anxious and reach out the EVERYONE who had surgery in DR or who is planning to have surgery, and I ended telling them of my plans. So now that we are approaching September, everyday I find someone asking me if I'm still doing "the thing"! I'm like "yeah" me and my big mouth. So basically my daily routine, I wake up with the surgery on my mind, throughout the day I'm doing research and before I go to sleep, and of course that's the last thing on my mind when I go to bed. It's crazy!!!! I'm currently planning my daughter's 3rd birthday party, (9/16) so it's hecked right now.

So quick update. I brought my most of my supplies. I still have a lot more things to get. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and got my blood work done. I'm currently waiting in my results. I asked my doctor for a prescription for pain meds, she said when I get the results we can discuss that. Any which way I WILL be getting some meds. I called cabrel's office and confirmed my appointment. I spoke to kindness recovery and adding my BF to my room they said it was ok. Did I ever mention I have a surgery buddy? Well yes y'all i do!!!! I'm excited to meet her. She seems to be very down to earth and kind. We chat through whatsapp, and she is just as excited as I am. I'm thinking she will be staying at cipla for two days prior to Sx (her Sx is 9/30) then after she may be staying at the recovery house! I need to clarify that. Which ever way it goes, I'm ok with. I'm just happy that I found someone who will be doing the surgery on the same day as I and we can both support each other. Well that's all for now! I will continue to give updates.

Typos- grrrrrr

Sorry for the multiple errors ^^^^^
I am happy excited scare anxious (roller coaster emotions) I just can wait... our date is around the corner.. less than a month... if God is willing we are going to be fine... happy for you too my surgery buddy!!
I'm having those feelings too! Omg! We have 27 more days!!!!! Unbelievable! Right before we go in we are going to say a pray! Im sure we are going to be ok!!! We will chat some more on what's app.

25 more DAYS TO GO!!!

I am now less than a month closer to my surgery date. This feels like I'm dreaming. I cant believe I am making this BOLD move, but hey---- it is what it is. This is how I think: WHAT IF I DONT DO THE SX???? HMMMMMMMM, then I'm going to be miserable seeing all these dolls, depress the fact that I was going, but I got chicken out, and mad that I have not achieve my dream. I'm going to do this, even if I have to get motivated at the front door of cabral's office by Isabelle-Marie, LOL. We speak from time to time, and she is very supportive. I basically got everything. I ordered my faja today at Fajate Diseños De Prada Faja online. I heard that the faja is comfortable and soft inside, it look so too. I cant wait to try it on. I got some basic meds, like 600-800mg Motrin. This will help with pain management.
The other supplies I got are:
Pillow
Blanket- hospital thermal blanket-heavy duty
Chux pads
arnica pills and cream
zinc
santyl
saline syringes

I have a little more things to buy but these are the basic.
I have been chatting with kindness recovery on whatsapp, and they have been so helpful with advice, tips and support. I cant wait to meet them. To be honest, I am so anxious about this surgery, more worried what if something goes wrong? Will I finally get the results I was looking for in the first place? Not knowing what to expect with all these different "personality-experienced" reviews. YEAH I did that- I made that up, its ok you can use it! LOL. But for the most part I am trusting my gutt. And it tells me don't change your doctor, everything will go well, you will b elated with your results. "I SAID MY GUTT NOT VANITY". So there it goes- 25 MORE DAYS, more focus and preparing for my journey!!!!!

HOW CAN I TRAVEL WITHOUT CARRYING ALL THIS MONEY

Ok so I set a budget of $6,200.00 total for everything.

Surgery- 4,500.00
RH-$700.00
transportation- $100.00
Other- $500.00
Massages-$100.00
nurse $ 50-70.00
Flight and services- $150.00

I believe after adding this up. It's approx.- $6,200.

So any suggestions on how I can carry all this money without possibly being rob. Do they do money orders, travellers check? I may need to whatsapp kindness recovery.
I believe
How excited are you? I love your wish pics! I'm sure you will look great! Can't wait to follow your journey and see how you do!
Thanks Hun, I will keep you posted
Awesome :) the arnica pills will help so much with the healing :)

18 more days

Ok so quick update. I got my lab results back and my hemo is 13.5. My white cell count is normal as well as my EKG results. I have my funds together and all my supplies are packed. I finally got my faja today, it's a medium and could you believe its so difficult to pull over my hips and butt???? I was surprise. I did put on weight. I guess I got careless knowing the fact that I'm having surgery soon, so I basically eat what I want! But any way that will change as soon as this surgery is over. I'm waiting on one more item, and that's my bromelian and arnica pills and gel that I ordered from iherb.com. I will check into that on Monday. I get more anxious as the days go by bc I can't believe the time has come. I will take some pics of my supplies and post them when I get a chance. Pray for me as I start this journey. Thanks y'all! It's been real!!!!
Omg omg words cannot describe how excited I am for you!!! I can't wait to be able to go I messaged dorm girls on facebook that I got him his main facebook page and I had asked them if they went to him and how was the experience they said he's angreat doctor and that they had no complications thanks god!!! And they look amazing!! I hope everything goes well for you I will keep you in my prayers love!! Let me know if you choose to stay awake for the procedure or fall asleep! I want to do it awake if I do go because I heard its way much safer from a few doctors! And I had asked Cabral if he does it through what's app he said he does do it with anesthesia as well so I'm excited I can't wait!!
I will keep you updated. But for the most part, I do plan to stay awake, it is much safer that way.
Definitely!! Glad to hear hun! I hope everything goes well sweety

One WEEK AWAY!!!!!

Well time is approaching real FAST!!!!! lol. I am fully prepare for this journey, I have accept the risk and chances I am taking, BUT I have a positive open mind. I really just want to hurry and get this over with, so im going into this clinic like I am about go into a wrestling ring ( skipping, warming up, rotating my neck, veins popping, blood flowing). BOL sounds funny but Im serious. I just signed up with embassy, for US protection. I got my supplies, including my deet 50% to prevent those mosquitos from biting me. Who wants the chick virus when you're already weak and cripple. I called Cabral's office to confirm my appointment, AGAIN, lol and found out that there are only two surgeries he would bedoing on that day, myself and another person. I'm thinking its my surgery buddy!!! I was like hell yeah, no long waiting for me. I'm either doing surgery early morning or mid afternoon, either way it's still good timing, well, I hope! I got my menstrual today, which is good, the fact that wouldn't have it during surgery, but bad that my hemo may drop. I'm more looking a positive direction. I was wondering, do I need to convert some of the money? If so, where can I do it? I was told not to do it at the airport. I asked Cabral today about taking bromelian three days before surgery to help with less swelling and bruising, and he said I can, but I don't need to. I prefer to take them, hoping that it helps. Based on another review that I recently read, Cabral doesn't let his tummy tuck patients have massages until 8 days after surgery. I'm staying for 10 days , so maybe i might get one massage, but by that time I might be very swollen. I made copies of my passport and credit cards-just in case they get lost or stolen, I will have back up. I am please with the few friends that I made on this site. They are sweet, very informative and I cant wait to met them in person. I have exchanged numbers with a few and since then we have been doing research together and exchanging knowledge and information. What a blessing. Please keep me in your prays and thank you for the advice and sweet thoughts. I will keep you all update as my journey approaches.
You're in my prayers!! Hope all goes well with your surgery! Cant wait to see yohr results.
so Happy for you Doll. :) U got this!

And the journey begins!!!

Hey everyone I on my way to san domingo. Unfortunately I missed my flight this morning, I thought it was for 12pm when it was actually for 8am. Good thing is, I was able to get on to the 4pm flight. I will arrive in DR later tonight so I guess I may have to disregard my plans. I was planning to go straight to the clinic and get my labs done but that will have to wait until tomorrow, which is my surgery day!!! I am less than 24 hours from being on the flat side!!! Lol I will keep y'all updated!! Pray for me. Much love Realself!
Prayers Muneca :)
Prayers sent I will follow up to see how things are with the recovery house I'm staying there but I won't arrive until October 11. Catch u in the slim side
You are in my prayers sweety, I wish nothing but the best for you! I hope you get the results you're looking for; just stay positive about everything ;) remember the mind is very strong. God bless you!!

1st night

Ok so I finally arrived at 7 pm to santo domingo. I got my tourist card which was $10. I went through immigration, of course one of the officers where checking me, I'm like wtf??? Everyone spoke Spanish to me, bc I do have a Spanish last name and I have that Spanish look- but I'm like uggghhhh English please!! Lol. I got my luggage and went outside saw Conrad waiting there with my name on a sign. He spoke to me and I was so surprise how perfect he speaks English!!! I said thank you Jesus!!! Lol we got to the car and he was like- "you want some internet?" I said in your car? He was like YEAH!!! I said hell yeah. Lol so I've been text all the way thru the drive. The recovery house is comforty and clean. The ladies that work there are really nice. The rooms has ac/ cable with English channels/wifi/closet/ and a bathroom. I felt right at home. I ate my last meal and spoke to my family on magic jack. They have a phone at the RH where you call to the US for free, SWEET. So I be on the phone like I'm at home. Lol. There is another Cabral doll at the RH and we chat about her experience and got some tips for my up coming day. I'm on my way to the office now, Conrad and his wife cece is carrying me. I will keep you all updated! Thanks for the blessings! Enjoy y'all day ladies!
Hope you're doing okay!!
Yes, recovery is hard but I'm still here standing strong!!!
hey lady. im still over here at serenity and every time I thing it gonna get better it doesn't. ugh if is could do it again I would NOT.

Day of surgery

Hey ladies, recovery is kicking my ass but I rather fight back. Let me back up a little. I woke up at 6am took a bath with the hibclen soap and got ready to head to the clinic. I got there around 7:30. Cabral office was still close but Yily was open. I sat there and waited for Cabral to come. There wasn't much people waiting on him more like three people. Finally the office opened at 9am and I told them my name. Conrado and cece where there with me, they basically did everything for me. Maria work for me to do labs, xray and EEG. I got the labs and X-ray done but the guy for the EEG was not there so I had to wait on him. I went back to the office and finally saw Cabral. He had a big smile on his face and he was excited to meet me. We talk about what I wanted and moved on. Since I had a history of smoking, I had to see the lung doctor to clear me- that was an extra $100. He came at 12. I went ahead and got marked up by Cabral and I went to admitting and got my room. I didn't go into surgery until 3pm. While I was getting the anesthesia I was praying to god that he be with me for this whole time frame. I did not wake up at all in surgery, but I did wake up in a different recovery room shivering like a mad woman. My personal nurse was really nice. She rubbed my head and tried to comfort me. I swear I was gonna burst one of my stitches with all the shivering. I finally calm down after a few hours and started to feel uncomfortable. My back felt heavy, my butt was numb and my stomach started burning. I couldn't breath right. I tried moving and my nurse told me not to move well I will bleed a lot. I told her I can't breath. A different doctor came in and explained to me, because I had a tummy tuck, my muscle are stitched together like a corset and I may be short of breath for a few days. That was scary because I was gasping for air. The first three day is going to be hard ladies, please listen be prepare for the worst. I had to get transfusion the next day because my blood dropped from 8.9 to 8. Cabral said it's the best thing to do since I'm not exchanging enough oxygen on my own. I got but I don't want to go down that road with the finding a vein part. Any way they finally found in vein in my hand after sticking me in my foot, and neck and gave me the transfusion. It ran over three hours. I felt little better after it was done but still had a hard time breathing. I had to do breathing treatments and was putted on oxygen to help me through out my stay. I was suppose to stay at cipla for two days but had to stay an extra two nights because of my complications. Ladies if you are staying at cipla, please has a personal assistant with you. If you don't then you will see what happens, that's all I got to say

Back at recovery house

I'm back at the recovery house now! Everything is going ok. I'm breathing better, I'm not in as much pain as before, more sore and uncomfortable. My body looks great but I am really swollen. My back wouldn't stop draining. Every time I change position, I feel a gush of liquid come out. It annoys me. I have a drain in the front of my vajayjay. It annoys me. But thank god for it but I would be in a mess all the time. Cabral said he injected 1200cc in each butt check but I can't see it right now because I'm so swollen. My tummy is straight up flat, and my waist is tiny. I'm so excited to see my finally results! That's all for today.
Happy healing. I am glad you are feeling better and Thanks for all the great info. Especially the post opt and advocate advice.
Nice :). Happy healing. I can't wait to see how you turned out.
Good luck chica with your healing process!

HOME, thank god for US GROUNDS!!!!

Omg, I'm finally home!! THANK U JESUS. I HAD an experience. It was a roller coaster ride. I think I cried like everyday, just the fact that I was in pain, sore, uncomfortable, home sick and annoyed. I actually got pissed off with Realself, because half of the things I went thru over in DR, I never came across on Realself. I mean, I read like every single review and not once did I see what the hell I went thru!!!! Ladies it is not easy over there! I had a tummy tuck, lipo of abdomen back and thighs and bbl. everything is fine except my damn thighs got soooo swollen, tender and hard that I could barely walk. They were so inflamed that you can feel the heat of my legs. I got so swollen in my back and they had to drain me with a needle almost every day, know I am home having someone do it for me. Let's back track. So I came home October 11. My flight was like two hours, which wasn't bad. It's was a breeze going thru the airport, thank god for special assistance. I was in a wheel chair the whole time and yeah everyone was watching me, but I didn't give a shit, all I wanted to do was get home. They flight wasn't bad. I probably got up six times to pee. I think this is the stage were your body is trying to get rid of the fluids, so you pee a lot. I got home and I was so happy to see my baby, and and family. I cried when I saw my hubby, he was like wth is wrong with you? I said "you don't know what the hell I went thru over there" I'm crying bc I thought it would never end. I'm here now trying to get back on my feet. I'm still walking with my back hunch over and my legs open because I'm still swollen. I can see my shape! My body is looking like a vixen already but I'm still swollen. I was so damn excited when I came home that I tried on a dress to see how I will look, and my ass is like wow. I will post some pics but after a while I will take them down. I don't want to be all over the internet. Today actually makes two weeks since I had my surgery. I was trying to fit into my stage two garment, but due to the fact that I'm still swollen , it's impossible. I will try next week, when I make three weeks postop. Hopefully I can fit in it, I do need more compression to get rid of this fluid.

Pic

I'm here now and I thought I was the only cry baby lol. I cry and haven't even had surgery yet..
Lol, girl it's gonna be a journey just stay positive but save room for disappointment. Between the non-English speaking nurses, treatment in cipla, the hungry money people, and the pain, it's going to be one hell of a ride
Yep! Someone took abt 400 dollars from me and I don't really know who it was. My suitcase had a small lock on it I guess they got through anyways ., but I didn't make an issue over it . What can I do now . I learned a lesson though . Trust no one lol

Postop *** faja

I just want to say, for those of you who are postop, please please please wear your faja at ALL TIMES. Wear it when u sleep, at home chillaxing, going to exercise, just wear the damn thing. It should not be off for more than 45 -60 mins(at that time it's washing). If you don't wear your faja, you will be swollen and stiff. Personal, the faja keeps me comfortable, that way my tummy isn't moving too much and I'm not in so much pain. At first the faja will be very tight but after a while you will get accustom to it, maybe too accustom. I'm like I can't go a day without wearing it. I'm so determine to get into my stage two faja that I'm going to order a large and as it gets bigger, I will take in the waist or switch into my mediums. So far I have two stage 2 fajas and none fits. So imma try a large because I do need more compression so I stop swelling up so damn much. That way I font need to drain any more. My BFF just drained me tonight and boy I can full a big difference. My back is more curved in and u can see how huge my butt is! I was like OMG, babe do you think my butt is too big?? He was like nah!!! Then I started giving him a STIFF Booty dance!! BOL. I'm having fun now ladies. I will be going to my personal doctor for a check up on Thursday and Friday I will get a massage. I have done a few massages in DR with a lady name Andrea. She was pretty gentle. I looked great after the massage but was oiled up!! Lol I had about three massages-$25 each. I can't wait to see how my home town massages feel like. But any way, the faja is important so please wear it.
Gorgeous mama! Lovely results :-) :-) So happy to hear you are back in the US and getting better, what a feminine silhouette! That is why I want to go to the dr in the first place, even the best docs in the US do a boxy shape, no thank you! You really got that vixen thang going on Awesome Sauce LOL
You look great....healing prayers your way... I want to comment on what jennie5000 said...found it distasteful for her to say that us doctors do a box shape....well I had my procedures with top notch us doctor and as far as I am concern and many others see that the results are just spectacular. I was making plans to go to DR but for some reasons I decided to have them here...safety...treatment after surgery.......and so on... I keep prayers to all that travels to DR..I keep prayers for those who have procedures here. The cost of surgery is the main reason people travel..that was 1 of my reasons...but the cost of finding after care here was going to be very very expensive...unless of course you are a nurse yourself or no someone in the field of expertise. I know many females that traveled to get procedures and 8 out of ten. Told me how difficult it was....we are all unique and blessed in our ways. Beauty is inside and it shows how well we carry it in the outside.

So I thought I was too cute today!!!

Today was a great day. I saw a physical therapist and we did some massage and a little excercises that would help get rid of some fluids. I'm still walking stiff and waddling because my legs are still sore. My swelling has gone done a lot but there is still some fluid in my tummy and and my back. I took a picture today and was like DAMMMMNNNN!!! Lol. I went ahead and sent it Dr. Cabral and he asked to put it on his page. I was like oh lawd here we go, just for all the hard work go ahead. I'm a little more relax but i do get frustrated with the little pricks I feel in my skin at times. I can finally bend and do more things on my own but I still need some assistance with putting on the faja, cooking, cleaning etc. I am driving and taking baths now, but I'm very careful but I don't want to get my lower incision fully wet. I tried tweeting in mirror today, but I'm completely stiff!! Lol! But I am enjoying my body. I can't wait to get into my size small outfits. That's my goal!!!
U look good!
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

I am going the Cabral instead