Finally a Cabral Barbie! - Dominican Republic, DO

After almost 3 years of lurking and research I've...

After almost 3 years of lurking and research I've decided to get my BBL with Dr. Cabral at CIPLA. I've scheduled with his assistant Maria Isabel for 10/21/13. I am so nervous.

My body is okay... I've always had a pretty flat stomach and an okay butt but I've never had hips. Whenever I wear a tight dress everything looks good except my non-hips. I actually have negative hips lol. My hips go in where the should come out.

I am 5'7 and 170 lbs... Dr. Cabral suggested I lose about 10-20lbs before surgery for the best results but I don't know because I've seen him perform miracles on girls twice my size. Even though I weigh a lot I am not that big because I am tall. So I'm not 100% sure if I will diet or not.

Any who I am so excited kind of nervous but my time Ito shine is here and Om ready lol!
I'm torn between conteraras/cabral . good luck hun
Conteraras is very good and also very cheap. But I read that many patients of his have died and as a result he lost his medical license.... But he still does surgeries in the DR. Be careful with him
I know :( I may go to cabral bc when I called him(conteraras) he sounded like he just woke up from anesthesia. I had to ask him If he was sleeping or something. I'm still deciding hunny Thank you.

Ughhh so confused

So I've been on a research rampage for the last few weeks trying to gather as much info as possible on upcoming surgery. I have to admit its been a bit overwhelming at times, but I definitely want to be informed. I've decided I'm going to fly out on 10/21 .... I should arrive at around 12:55pm and from the airport I want to go straight to CIPLA and have all my tests done and meet with Cabral for my consult and hopefully be cleared to have my surgery the next day.

But my issue now is I just don't know what I should do afterwards. Unfortunately the person I was going with can't come anymore so now I'm going dolo. We were going to stay in a nearby hotel but now I don't know if I should do that if I'm alone. I was thinking a RH, but I've read horror stories ranging from girls developing infections from unsanitary conditions to girls having to scream to get attention from the inattentive staff to girls being hungry and not getting adequate food. I really don't know what to do??? I thought about just paying the $100/day to stay at CIPLA and getting around the clock care but then some of the girl from the surgery group I'm a part of who have had they're surgeries said that CIPLA is not very comfortable nor worth the cost. I'm so confused...
Bbl and some dental work/ ba

Progress

So I just spoke with Maria Isabel, Cabral's English speaking assistant about changing my date. I LOVE HER!! She is sooo nice and patient with me. She always answers all of my questions and even remembers who I am and our previous conversations. She asked me if I'd found a driver yet.. And warned me to be very careful. She told me if I hadn't found someone within a month of my surgery she would find someone for me.

I am giddy just thinking about my surgery. I keep stalking all of the BBL girls reviews and pics.... I can't wait to be a barbie.

Next step recovery houses/hotels...
I want to go to Dr Carbal so badly. I have tried emailing him. I have yet to get a response. I want to see him sometime next year. I would like a price from him. Does anyone know a way I can contact him besides email.
Contact him via the Whatsapp
I saw that dr cabral can not work in the USA for 3 years due to giving his patients infections. One of his patients is on mmh and she had blackened skin had to get it removed etc..please do some research on him.

Annoyed

It's really annoying to get inboxes and read comments asking where is a cheap place I can stay or us ur possible Incan do my blood work up
Here so I don't gave to pay for it up here. To me this means you don't have enough money to have your surgery done. I understand everyone (myself included) wants to save as much money as possible but it's getting ridiculous. Recovery is no joke and basing where ur going to heal based on price rather than quality of care is ridiculous. I don't know about anyone else but I'd want to be as comfortable as possible and have someone who knows what they are doing to help me out. Sorry for the rant...
April 26, 2012 Non-certified overseas doctor fined and banned from US A Dominican man was sent back to his native country and forbidden from coming into the US for three years following a string of botched plastic surgery procedures. The man, Hector Cabral, is licensed as a plastic surgeon in the Dominican Republic, but not in the United States. According to the New York Post, he frequented New York City salons and spas to recruit patients for his practice, luring them with low prices and promises of transformed bodies. Authorities say he even used a black marker to mark spots on the women's bodies that he would fix. The women then flew to the Dominican Republic to undergo liposuction surgery. "He promised me that he was going to transform me, make me more beautiful, more confident," the newspaper reports one victim, 36-year-old Lissette Mejjia, said in court during Cabral's sentencing. However, at least seven of his patients suffered serious complications following their procedures. For some, these included a large area of their skin turning black followed by a serious infection that left them hospitalized for weeks. They also encountered extreme pain and unsightly scars. "I cannot even show myself, my body" victim Francisca Fernandez, 48, told the news source. "I am scared to even see myself in the mirror. When I see my scar, I see his face." Authorities say that the first victim to come forward had liposuction performed by Cabral in 1999. They say they are surprised that more victims have not come forward, given the amount of time he's been practicing. In all, he was charged in seven cases. He pleaded guilty to charges of running an unauthorized medical practice but could not be prosecuted further since the actual surgical procedures were performed in the Dominican Republic, according to the New York Post. In addition to being banned from the U.S., Cabral had to pay $23,000 in restitution to his victims and perform 250 hours of community service in the Dominican Republic.
Im the admin for that group. Erika died because the fluid in her body got infected. She left CIPLA way to soon after her surgery and according to Cabral she never came back. Her family says they tried to contact him to no avail and that Cabral sent a nurse to her once for $150. We will never know the whole truth but she was definately an at risk patient, who left cipla prematurely, and was not drained consistently and properly. That's all we know. Everything else is rumor and speculation
Hey coco need to talk check inbox

On my way...

So I'm leaving on Thursday to get my surgery with Paoa Cabral. I am kind of nervous but not really. More so excited to get finally get my booty. This journey is three years in the making. I'm pretty much finished getting my needed supplies.

I have reserved a room with Mayra at Armonia RH. But I've been hearing mixed reviews about them so I'm going to check out Yasmin's, Juana's and Healing Haven as well since ill be there early the day before.

Ill post my supply list and pre-op pics a little later on
everything ok?
can't wait to see pics and updates
Coco had surgery with Cabral she's currently recovering and very much alive don't leave negative Cabral bashing comments on her wall.

Success

I'm so sorry guys... I've been terrible at updating but this recovery process was really unexpected and much more than I ever imagined it would be. It's so hard but each day it is getting better. I thought it would be like my c-section... the next day I was up walking around. But the sh*t I felt with lipo is discomfort unlike anything I can describe.

My surgery was definitely a success! Dr. Cabral, Maria Isabel, and his team were so good to me. I am currently one month post and I love my new body. I will post a full review and pics soon.

Notes from 1 day post

I wrote this the night I woke up after I got out of surgery:

Feel like sh*t. Ribs and stomach are so sore. Tried to get up the nurses could change my chux and I nearly passed out from the pain. I told them to just leave me in the blood. My back is on fire. Woke up for around 5pm and kept vomiting from the anesthesia threw up on the floor about 5 times. Nurses are aggravated because they have to clean it up. Fuck them.

Nurse came in to give me a iron treatment which felt like alcohol in my IV it burned through my hand and arm. She rubbed by back as I cried. And kept saying it was normal.

I brought pills to stop the me from vomiting but they refuse to give them to me and instead gave something in my IV which also burned like hell but I immediately stopped puking.

It's 5:43 am I've been up since 3:49am because my neck hurts from laying on my stomach. I am so uncomfortable but it's too painful too move. I don't want anyone to touch me.

Hopefully I feel better when daylight hits. Nurses have come and checked in me regularly. Offering me juice and water.., no food until tomorrow. I'm not hungry anyway. I saw Dr. Cabral in my room today. Then Maria Isabel and then Jose Brito. They were talking to me but I was in too much pain to listen.

I feel like I got my ass whooped by 2 grown men.

Bring a blanket to CIPLA not quite a comforter but def a quilted blanket. There blankets are the equivalent of fuzzy sheets. I'm so glad I brought one from home even though I am bleeding and leaking all over it. I smell like raw meat but I'm warm.

Pain scale 8.5/10
Hope your feeling better hun, Cabral will be my doc too!
please pm if you got ahold of him , he will not get back to me at all
I messaged him one whatsapp about a week ago to change my date to march 2014 he replied saying "that's ok see you then" Have you called he's mobile directly? Are you ok hun?

Results

Trying to upload a video but it's asking for a embed code???.. Any one know how to do this???
can you please update us
I'm scheduled for February 24!!! Whoop Whoop!!! Please post more pics if you have :)
My surgery is May 19th...still nervous though I would really like to see some current pics...it says something if you cannot see current pics...

Before and After

A quick before and after. Same boy shorts, same pose, same angle. Cabral took everything from my belly and back.

3 months post

Everything is going pretty good. I have no more pain but there is still a little stiffness/tightness in my lower back and stomach. I'd say I'm at 85-90% normal. My measurements are 36.5-27-43. Pre op they were 38-31.5-40. I love my new body.

But all is not peaches and cream... One thing I'm worried about is the color of my stomach. For some reason it's about 2 shades darker than the rest of my body. I've been using coco butter and hoping that it will resolve but so far not much. If anyone has suggestions let me know please.
Can you pm his email plz I'm booked for DR the 9 of April w baez but if cabral is available I wanna go w him
You look great.
Thanks luv

Last update

I officially became 6 months post on Friday ( no more faja!!!) lol well I still wear it. I am used to it and it feels weird when I'm not wearing it lol. But I am doing great, no more swelling I still have a little tightness but nothing too bad. If say I'm completely back to normal. The lumpiness on my stomach from the lipo has gone away, and I am just so happy with the results of my surgery. I love Cabral for the great job he's done. I did lose a little volume in my hips so I'm thinking about a rd 2 sometime early next year. But I don't know if I wanna do the pain all over again. Don't wanna mess up a good thing lol.... So it's still just a thought for right now.

Also I deleted my pics from here don't really want them floating around cyberspace..... but if you'd like to see more of Cabral's work check out his I G at DrCabral01.

Good luck and God bless to all you future dolls. XOXOXO

Oh yeah

Also my stomach skin color went back to its normal preop color (no bleaching necessary) and my final measurements are 37-28-43.5
DR CABRAL JUST PERFORMED A BBL ON A WOMAN I KNEW, AND SHE DIED IN D.R. DAYS LATER. July 2nd 2014. please don't do this!!! She left behind a family of 5 children, and probably died scared with no one around her even speaking English to help. To save money!!?? Forget that shit. It's your life. An ass isn't everything. If you NEED to be cut open, then stay in the US. THIS IS NOT HIS FIRST DEATH, there have been several! This surgery dissolves in a short time anyway unless you have a ton of fat.
I wish I can see your pictures, thanks for all the information
Coco I miss u girly.. I started to message u on FB wasn't sure if you still check ya messages.. 6 more days and I'll be off to finally see the king.

Response to the latest death

I don't know the story behind this latest death but condolences to the victim and her family. God rest her soul. As some one who actually had surgery with Cabral and stayed at CIPLA. I
don't agree with everything said ATLmama said but she def does have some valid point. That language barrier is def serious if u don't know any Spanish. Luckily I know a little and I had two buddy's who spoke it to translate. This is so sad if it's true and it's def not his first death lk atl mama said. I will just say complication do happen and its completely up to you to make sure you are 10000% healthy before you set foot in the DR. The standards of care and the ethics are completely different there and money is definately the driving motive.

With that said I will still be going to Cabral for rd 2. I want his to do my arms, upper back, and chin. Why am I going to him again...because at the end of the day HE IS THE BEST AT WHAT HE DOES. I haven't seen any doctor anywhere consistently produce his results. My waist is little and my ass is fat almost 8 month later... plus I'm in good health and will take all the steps necessary to ensure I'm well.
I have a quote as well please add me Hun it's mrsp112410@aol.com
His ig is deleted and I'd like to see his work
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-