36yrs Old Liposuction of Abs, Flanks, Mons Pubis in Dominican Republic

I am getting liposuction done by Dr. Alejandro...

I am getting liposuction done by Dr. Alejandro Hernandez-P on May 30th. I am at the 2-week mark and am taking Iron and Folic Acid as he suggested, and trying not to drink too much coffee or alcohol and not taking any other meds (natural or otc).
I want to document my experience for 2 reasons, one in case there are others out there like me that are unfamiliar with cosmetic surgery AND in a foreign country and need/want as much detail as possible. And more importantly b/c my main motivation to get lipo is b/c of a big pubic mound. No matter how much weight I lost or how fit the rest of my body was, my "pooch" and mound were there. I have had to live with it my entire life as far as I can remember, but only until now am able to afford the surgery. My wishes are to be able to wear form fitting clothing and bathing suits without looking awkward in that area. I would like to share a patient's perspective with others in the same situation. I will continue to update pre- & post-op including pictures and reviews.

Surgery in 7 days

I am really nervous about my iron levels not being where they should be. Never had a problem with them, but I have to make certain. So I have cut out coffee, tea, soda, and dairy as these can cut iron absorption by 50%. Also, taking iron w a glass of OJ 1-hr before or after meals for better absorption. Daily I take Iron (ferrous sulfate), Folic Acid, VitC. Drinking a lot of water and OJ as liquids only. I am also eating clean, only protein and veggies w very little rice at dinner. Tomorrow I go for my iron test, hope the results are good!

SX at end of the week update!

My sx is in 4 days. Im not looking forward to the recovery, but have dreamt of this time forever!
I think it's a good idea to get your hemoglobin checked out at home so you don't run into any surprises (aka delays). They will NOT operate if you are low.
My hemo: 12.8
Hematacrit: 38.8
Packed: ensure 1x/day
Sterile gauze pads
Neosporin
Baby wipes
4 small towels
Vits: iron, folic acid, vitC, arnica, magnesium, potassium, stool softener & benadryl (just in case!)
Clothes: flip flops-1, flats-1
Loose dress/maxi-1
Yoga pants-1
Shorts/tees-2
PJs-1
Socks-1
Ticket & passport in hand. This girl is ready!
*Tip: I notified my bank and credit card co. the dates and destination of my trip. To ensure they don't block my purchases while im in DR.*

1 day post sx

Ladies, got to the DR and the doc's driver was waiting for me w a sign w my name on it. Leo, the driver, is everything everyone says. Met with Laura, the assistant, and she is incredibly professional and helpful. And believe all the hype about Dr. Hernandez-P. He is so professional, kind, and he's all about what results you want and how to best obtain them. Initially I was going for just lipo, but during the consult once the doc was actually able to see me, we decided I'd do a tiny bit of BBL. I wasn't looking for a big dunkydonk, just a little lifted bubble and he delivered! Right now my stomach is too swollen to see the final results but even with the swelling I see a difference. I finally have a waist and a little boom boom in the rear.

Ladies, expect to spend 3-4hrs for pre-sx testing. They have a cafeteria at CECIP (where you will have your sx), wifi, and take USD. You will be give urine and blood tests, then an EKG by the Cardioligist, xray, paperwork, and finally meet w Dr. H. Then Leo will take you to whichever house you're staying at. I am at Tropical RH, both Wife and Husband are nurses and the hubby actually is Dr. H's asst. So you can't really go wrong! I have met some girls here that rave about Maria's RH too and I actually met her also, Leo is her hubby! So either way, you know you are in good hands.

Before the sx you take a little blue pill, and ladies, I have no idea what happened after that. All I know is I woke up in bed with my faja on. You have the IV going where they feed you painkillers and the drainage thing which looks real weird, but is pretty darn secure. The 1st day in the hospital is annoying b/c you're laying on your back now for 24hrs. That is what causes the discomfort. The sx itself does not cause any pain, just discomfort from the black n blues.
So all in all, I got lipo of the abdomen, flanks, inner thighs, and BBL and I really feel good. I had one dizzy spell but it went away quick and now I'm sitting here filling you ladies in. Hope you all have just as good of an experience. And if you have any questions, I am here to help!
Post-op pics to come soon!

Almost forgot.... tank tops

They don't include this on the list, I don't know why. But you should bring with you tank tops, like the hanes tank tops that you can pickup at walmart for $5. B/c you have to wear them under you. r faja and should change into a clean one daily. I had no idea, but lucky for me I had one. Leo is picking up 3 more for me (I'll get them washed at the RH), but for $5 each! Now you know.

3 weeks post lipo sx

Taken me a while to post bc i wanted to see substantial results. Still swollen but can see a smaller waist and stomach.
Back flanks are numb and noticeably still swollen, hoping that will resolve itself. My lower abs are swollen and lumpy w nodules. Also feel nodules on my sides, you can see them a little in the side pic-hope it resolves itself too!
All b&b are gone and I'm comfortable in my faja. Had to get a new one bc the one my doc gave me became too loose.
Also, bought a heat therapy massager online and give myself LD massages.
Happy w results thus far just hoping my stomach flattens out more soon.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon