Looking to Make Some Changes

I'm 40 and I'm looking to have a mommy makeover...

I'm 40 and I'm looking to have a mommy makeover done. I've been working out 6 days a week and although I have a thick athletic build, I can't get rid of this gut. As for my boobs, even with a crapload of pushups, they look sad.

I've only recently started researching and I am leaning towards Florida and the Dominican Republic. My priorities are to recovery safely with a thin and low tummy tuck scar. I have 2 kids and my c-section scars are barely visible.

I've changed my workout so that the focus is on weight loss as I am currently 220 lbs (I've read disaster stories where women flew down to DR only to return back home due to falling outside of the safe weight window.

Where is the common courtesy?

No one wants to return calls. Its frustrating. I'm looking to move rather quickly (read: leave a deposit) and apparently, no one wants my money, lol. Hopefully today I will hear back from someone. -end rant-

Logistics are coming together

Soooooo, I've decided to go with Dr. Ortega at Spectrum Aethestics. My TT with lipo and BA with a lift will set me back $8500. My sx is scheduled for 7/21 and I requested to be the first surgery of the day. I will be staying at a recovery house for 2 days and after that I will be checking into a hotel with a caregiver to visit me everyday, a couple of hours each day for the remainder of my visit. My caregiver will be picking up my meds and food shopping. I cant really say that I am nervous. I am more concerned that I will be missing weeks at the gym, lol.

I am also concerned about the misconception of my BMI. At 5'6'' 212 lbs, I consider myself to be "fitthick". I workout 6 days a week, weight train 5 days a week, clear about 15 miles running, I eat clean ~75% of the time and take great care of myself. When I first contacted doctors inquiring about a TT, most told me that I have to lose weight. I tell them that I have tried to lose my gut but it refuses to move. You can see from my bikini photo that its all there in my midsection and it takes away from my thick athletic build.

$8500 not $5800

I can't type today

6 month post op - breast lift and aug w/ Dr. Ortega

6 month post op

6 month update

I'm going to stop being lazy and write my review

I had my procedure done July 21 at Spectrum Aesthetics w/ Dr. Ortega. I flew done on the 20th and stayed at the Best Western Premiere which was behind the surgical center so that I could get there bright and early. The morning of the surgery, I was at the facility when it opened. It was very clean. I gave a urine sample and had my before pics taken by one of the nurses. Afterwards, I met with Dr. Ortega and he marked me up. I was then led to the OR and after I was fitted with an IV, I was told to lean back with my mouth open. I complied and while I was leaning back, my world went black. I woke up some time later in my garment battling waves of nausea. I won (barely) but I asked to pee and they slid one of those bed pans underneath me. *Sigh* I couldn't do it. I was afraid that I would get pee on my garment. So, I asked if I could get up and walk around. It was tough but I was able to walk to a recliner and sit my ass down. My stomach hurt, my boobs were troopers. Someone told me that your body will pick a pain focal point and my abs were it.

Getting there slowly but surely

2/21 marks my 7 month anniversary. At one point I had called Spectrum for a revision but no one has responded. Since then i have discovered that I love my results. My incision is low and my scars continue to lighten. I am still athletic even with these boobs. My gym workouts are officially kickass, no more babying, lol. Whatever changes that need to be done will accomplished at the gym.

Recovery

Recovery was gradual. To avoid using my abs for anything, I focused on my glutes and exhaling upon getting up and sitting down. That helped a lot! I stayed at the recovery house (a coordinator's home) for 4 days and then I checked into a hotel. I made sure that I walked around every hour. In the beginning I was barely able to walk around the living room. Getting out of bed was a little difficult if attempted on my own. By day 4 I was walking around the neighborhood albeit very slowly. I flew home with my drains but I had upgraded to first class so I was able to board, de-plane first and also fly back in some comfort. The worst part was the ride home from the airport, I felt every bump. I kept up with the walking every hour. I was back at the gym a little before the 3 week mark and I did bicep curls with 2.5 dumbbells and modified squats but I mainly walked on the treadmill. By 5 weeks, I was doing modified everything except ab and chest exercises.
Miami Plastic Surgeon