30 Year Old Single Mom of Two, Ready to Do This for Me. Dominican Republic, DO

Saludos RS community. This is my first post and I...

Saludos RS community. This is my first post and I apologize in advance for the length. I'm a 30 year old mother of two. My oldest is 11 and my youngest is 1. I have been in need of a tummy tuck since having my first child at 18 but I couldn't afford it and was always hesitant because I wanted another child. A few years ago I fell head over heels for a super attractive (narcissistic) man. He tore my self-esteem during our relationship. He made it known that he could have any woman he wanted and that I was nothing special to him. When I found out I was expecting he told me he was not happy about it. To spare the horrid details I'll just say that my pregnancy was the most challenging time of my life. I spent it alone without any support. He came around after my son was born but was constantly in/out of our lives. He was super disrespectful and constantly putting me down. He cheated on me and left me for a younger, prettier woman. My son was 11 months old at the time. He went on social media to let everyone know he and this new woman were now together and an array of other stresses to my son and I's life. I have excommunicated him from our lives for the time being. God knows I have gone through alot. I've been sloooooowly focusing on bettering myself and my life. I joined a gym and have slowly been working on my eating habits but I know my body cannot bounce back. I have lost about 50 pounds and on my petite frame I'm in dire need of surgical revision. My friend referred me to her PS in DR. I contacted her last week and sent her photos for an evaluation. She says I am a great candidate. I was originally hoping for the procedure this year in December but there's a part of me that says "I shouldn't push off my happiness". I need to do this for me. I need to feel proud and confident in my body. Afterall, your body is your home. It's where your soul resides. I'm definitely scared about traveling alone to DR. My kids will be staying with my mother so I really don't have anyone to go with me, but I remind myself that I've gone through so much in life not alone but with God and I'm just going to pray that HE sustain me and my life through this process. I'm hoping I can schedule a date for this upcoming Fall. This will give me time to get things in order. I know the greatest surgery I am in need of is surgery of the soul but God is working on that. I am grateful for the body that brought forth life. Now I'm ready to move on and start a new beginning and be confident and comfortable in my body. I'm planning on having a TT with lipo, full back lipo and BBL. I'd like to have my breast done but the PS stated that she prefers to do the two most needed procedures to keep risks at a minimum and I respect that. I'm waiting to hear back from her next week. I'll keep you all updated.

Being patient

Good morning RS,
Is it crazy that I check my email every hour to see if the doctor has emailed me back?
I'm such a type A personality. I'd like to schedule a date this week so that way I can begin the process of meeting with my PCP for a pre-op well visit and also because I need to look into flights and getting things in order. Traveling to a foreign country requires more work than if I were doing this in the states.
My mother and daughter are not supportive of my decision to have this done. My mother thinks all I need is a TT but that getting a BBL is me being vain. My daughter says I should leave it how it is because I'm like this now so God must want me like this.
I don't think God wants me to feel like a prisoner trapped in an uncomfortable body that is too distorted for my age.
I also don't think I'm being vain. I'm a college educated woman, I have class. I'm doing this to get my body as close as it used to be. Some ppl just are set on not being supportive or understanding so I think I need to keep my sharing to a minimum and just on here.
Last night I texted a family member asking if she could travel with me. Although I'd rather not have an extra expense to add on here I know that having her support and presence will have me at ease. This is why I am hoping the doctor emails me soon so I can get the layout of how this all works. I'm going to upload pictures. It's hard to share because I feel so disgusted with my body. I really hope this can happen sooner than later so I can move forward.

How I look with clothes on

I'm petite, right under 5 ft and currently weigh in at 98.6 but seeing my pictures you can obviously see that my body doesn't match my stature. I'm not proportional. I told someone I am planning on getting surgery and she looked at me like I was crazy, then I lift up my heart to expose my abdomen. Then all I got was silence. My cousin saw the same pictures I posted up here. She said she would have never guessed. Clothes hides it well, but I want it to look well even without clothes.

Feeling Hopeless

So the doctor emailed me this morning with possible dates for September and October. But now I can't find anyone to go with me. My cousin bailed because she doesn't want the time away to affect her grades since she is working towards her degree. My friends have all said that they can't because of work and some people just plain don't want to. I'm feeling discouraged. I don't want to go by myself and I don't want to continue to push this further out. I feel like this is working against me and when I talk to my mother about it she says "I don't know". I don't want to go to DR and have surgery by myself but right now I have noone. This is so discouraging.

Tentative date

So my PS emailed me today. We scheduled a tentative date of October 7th. It won't be confirmed until I book my plane ticket.
So my goals for the remainder of this week are to buy the supplements needed and continue to ask around to see if anyone from my family is able to attend.

I like the date I chose because it'll be after my daughter's birthday (so I won't feel guilty about recovering over her bday or missing it by being away) and it'll be a month before my birthday, so therefore I can start "my" new year with a new me.
Wow a little less than 3 months!

Travel Companion All Set

I'm so happy. My aunt agreed to fly to DR and stay with me for my recovery. She already put it in her calendar. I purchased a few things today including
my supplements, pill box, cotton panties, dial soap and travel size toiletries. Finding a solid travel companion is such a relief.

Booked my flight

I guess I'm using RS add a way of blogging/journaling the process of my MMO. I booked my flight today, making this more real. I also began taking my supplements. I think there's a part of me that thinks that I may not get the outcome I want and so I'm keeping my expectations low. The reason I day this is because I don't know how much fat I have that will actually increase the shape and size of my butt. Also because I really wanted to get implants and am not going to be getting them this time around. I already know that if all goes well that I will be having a BA in the near future, maybe in a year. I want a whole new body and whole new mind set and new clothes. So many women have said having surgery has changed their life for the better. I'm not expecting that but I sure hope that I will look unbelievably drop dead amazing!

Recovery Houses

So my surgeon suggested a few RH to go to but a friend of mines did not have a good experience at one of them. She mentioned a name to me which I also happened to find on this site. I what'sapp'd the woman last night who told me I'd have to western union the money to her to reserve my spot. This is cost me 75 a day for myself and 50 for my aunt. I just feel a little iffy about sending the money western union. The deposit will be 400 to hold my spot. Have any of you ladies traveling to DR dime the same? Any advice?

Can October Hurry Up Please....

I feel like emotionally I've just been going through so much crap. I'm learning from it but I definitely just want a fresh start. If it's not getting over the pain of heartache and what I've been going through in that regards then it's now dealing with a director who is out to get me out of my place of employment.
I'm holding onto this job because I need to be sure to use the 3 weeks I've saved in vacation time for my surgery. I just wish October was around the corner. I have my ticket booked, the surgery date scheduled, my passport and have been taking my supplements. My bold is looking good. It's currently a 13.3. I'll have my heart checked soon for the heart murmur and then just find a recovery house. I just want and need a whole new life. Can it be October yet?

Keloid Concerns

I've been so stressed lately that I'm losing weight. Unfortunately for me I do not want to lose weight since I'd like more than enough fat to bring volume into my bbl. I'm currently 4ft 9 inches and am 94.4 pounds I'm sure I'll have a few pounds once the stress minimizes. I met with my ob/gyn today (best doctor ever) and he put in an order to have my echocardiogram here in the states (he's the best) to look into my heart murmur. So that will take place next month. My surgeon emailed me stating that my lab results are very good and just to continue on the supplements. But my ob reminded me that I keloided with my 2 cesareans. This wasn't a concern to me until I realized I may keloid with the reconstruction of my new belly button and the bbl. Has anyone else had this experience?

RS Family

I don't have an update per say but I just want to wish best wishes all those that are going through surgery soon or currently healing. I'm so happy to have found this website. I'm inspired by the profiles I have read. I always thought plastic surgery was for ppl that are vain or have money or just anyone besides the average woman. I glad to see in not alone in my quest for a healthier physical version of myself. I feel like we are all family encouraging one another. I log on daily to read and see ppl's progress. Thank you ladies for sharing your stories!

keloid response

So my surgeon evaluated a photo of a present keloid from my cesarean scar. She said it's a prekeloid and that she can treat it right at surgery to keep it flat. I'm happy with that. In other news, I spent some time yesterday with a family member who had run into my son's father. Her husband told him that he'd seen pictures of my son and that he was getting so big and beautiful. The response my ex gave him was "well at least someone is seeing him, I haven't seen my son in months, she and I aren't together, we don't even talk." My cousin's husband went on to say "oh I'm sorry I didn't know" and my ex responded "it's cool, it's not your fault, only reason I was with her is because she had a nice ass for someone her size. "
Can you believe it?! 2yrs 9 months and that's the reason he was ever with me? ??!!! He's such an empty person. I feel bad for him. BUT I am taking that comment as a compliment!!! He says I let myself go and that I had a nice ass for someone my size well hunny wait until October. I'm going to have a phenomenal ass!!!!
I feel motivated again! Can't wait!!!!

My Sentiments

Lol. With everything going on and looking forward to surgery I posted this picture on my instagram account. I think it's so fitting. Come on October!! Bbl, TT and lipo I'm counting on you!!!

We're finally in August...

I'm in NY visiting family. The first words out of my aunt's husband was "you packed on the pounds" as he was staring at my gut. Yup I gained the weight I had loss due to stress and a little more. I'm on a get away so I'm eating delish foods, deserts and drinking sangria and wines. I need to hit the gym next week. I'll be two months away and I want to feel like I worked for my body before surgery. Well that's it, can't wait until the day that my gut stares will be my butt stares! Can't wait! !!!

Two months until I leave

Last night I had a crazy dream that I was going into surgery to die and that my mother kept telling me that I had so much to live for and then I saw my baby's face. It's so scary to put your life on the line to have the body that you originally had before children. I think I'm going to just become more serious about letting God into my life and inviting him on this journey with me. I seriously can't wait to have a nice bubble butt and flat abdomen. I want ALL the fat to go into my butt! I want to feel phenomenal about myself.
I leave in two months exactly
I have def let my diet and exercise routine go but I'll start up soon! I need to work on finding a recovery house and saving some money.
I'm currently holding onto a job that is undermining my intelligence and potential all for the sake of the time off for surgery. I have applied for various positions at other agencies but they keep filling the positions beforehand. I'm going to take this as a sign that the timing is right for me.
I had a dream before I went on vacation with baby caterpillars and butterflies. My mother took this to be as a sign of new life. But my son's father was also in my dream.Then the next night I had a dream a had a leach sucking the life out of me.
Hmmmmm....go figure huh.
I'm just ready to focus on a happy and healthy life for me and my son, (and my daughter though she's older and has family support). Well anyways, two more months. I have a closet full of body hugging dresses and skirts that are currently a no-no. Can't wait!!! Praying for an RS member currently in surgery. Prayers to my Heavenly father are always welcomed!

This pumped me up... cant wait for my new bod!!!!

I love this!!! Had to share!!! & I can't wait to have a perky cute nice bubble butt!!!

Echocardiogram

I've been laying low on this site since I was just becoming obsessed with reading reviews and writing posts. Been dealing with my emotional waves in regards to my heartbreak and feelings but that's a whole other subject. Simple update, I had my Echocardiogram done today. My physician should have the results by the end of this week/beginning of next week and then I'll send the results to my surgeon. I'm also communicating with domeone from healing haven and will probably go with them as a RH. Has anyone else used their services? I was laying low on the job searching because of the surgery but may have a shot at a government position. I'm not going to say anything about my surgery at my interview but I hope if I am offered the position that they will hold it for me until after I recover. I wouldn't want to change my surgery date but I also wouldn't want to miss out on a government position if the opportunity arised. I'm going to pray on it and just hope that I can do my surgery and God willing have the door open for a better opportunity. I'm trusting God to help me out in all aspects of my life, physically, economically but most importantly mentally and emotionally. I hope I can have both!

A little over a month to go

Hi RS dolls, I am officially just a little over a month to go. I'm getting excited again!! The thought of having a sexy body will soon become a reality :))
This morning I sent over my credit card authorization to healing haven, which is the recovery house I'll be going with. I sent over an update to my surgeon and informed her of my accomodations. I am scheduled to fly out on October 5th and land in DR on the 6th at 4am. My surgery is scheduled for October 7th at 6am.
The results from my echocardiogram revealed that I have a tricuspid regurgitation meaning my valves don't close completely with each contraction and liquid flows back up rather than down but my physician stated that I'm cleared for surgery and we'll just keep an eye on this in the future.
I'll be taking a printed copy of the results to DR with me.
So as far as my health goes I started slacking BIG time on my physical activity and healthy eating. I'm going to start back up on Monday September 1st. My plan is to work out 4 times a week and eat cleaner. I'm going to keep a log to hold myself accountable.
As far as my supplements go I've been taking folic acid, b12, vitamin c, an iron supplement and a multi vitamin but someone on RS pointed out that the multi vitamin has vitamin E which I should not be talking so staying tomorrow I'm discontinuing that.
I keep thinking back to what my aunts husband said when he saw me how I packed on the pounds (even though I had actually lost weight). Which by the way is so freaking rude. And then just feeling insecure because of everything my ex ever said to me and put me through. I hope I get the results I'd like.

last post continued

I went out a few weeks ago and although I looked nice the outfit I wore was one that I had memories with my ex. That was such a bad idea. I woke up the next morning feeling emotional. I walked over to my double doored closet and took out every single outfit, accessory and shoe that brought back memories from good and bad times with my ex. I threw them all into large black trash bags and placed the bags in my downstairs storage closet. Then I went out and bought myself 2 pair of new shoes and a few new outfits. My closet is pretty bare but I had to do what I had to do. It's all a process. But it's good, it's also helping me to focus on myself, this journey and starting over. I've been praying and surrounding myself with things that inspire me. So that's my update. No more shopping for me because the trip is coming up. After the bills get paid I'll be working on buying the necessities for my surgery. I'll keep you all posted.

It's September 1st

I'm so excited to be in September, pre-op prep month. I cut the nultivitamin today and implemented biotin since my hair has been falling out due to stress. I'm going to color it this month so it's a month before the big procedure. I am fighting a bad cold but soon as I recover I'm going to start exercising. I have a few social gatherings this month including a family wedding so I should be distracted. Can't wait for payday so I can buy my supplies. Until then bellas.

Thanks for all the support

I know I said I wouldn't update until I start buying supplies BUT I'm going to savor the excitement! My PS emailed me today. My consultation is scheduled for October 6th at 11am. I'm equal parts nervous and excited. I dyed my hair today so that's one thing to cross off my to do list :))
Looking through what I have at home before I shop. So far I have
Luggage
1 pack of cotton undies - need another
1 pack undershirts - need another
8 summer dresses
2 sets of pjs- need a few more
Travel shampoo and conditioner
Deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush
Travel contact solution and case -need another
dial soap bar
thermometer
razors
Body spray

Still need to buy wipes, compression socks, undies, tanks, loose pants, flipflops, supplements, soap box, pads, ibprofen, motrin
cheap makeup to take on days I feel decent. Have to get my glasses etc.

oh yeah and here are more before pics. Can't wait! !!

Exactly 30 days until I board my flight.

I am exactly 30 days from boarding my flight. The anxiety is kicking in. I have even found myself reconsidering. I worry about being away from my baby and being out of the country for over a week. I worry about infections and recovery and pain. The reality of how challenging that will be for me as a single mother upon my return is setting in. I know I want to do this though. It's a steppingstone on my journey of healing, growth and transformation. I bought new clothes yesterday that I don't want to even touch until my return. I picked up more undies and camisoles per request of my PS. I also have some stool softeners and fiber metamucil. I'm going to aim at getting all my shopping done this weekend. Many of the list I've seen on RS are lengthy my PS gave me a small list and being that I'm a single mom and all the other changes in trying to adapt I need to keep my list as essential as possible. I decided not to buy cheap makeup or pijays or anything not necessary. That money can be spent else where. I'm going to savor the next 30 days to get my mind right and enjoy my kids. But the countdown has officially begun.

I'm panicking now

Ok I'm freaking out. What if I go through all this and don't get the results I want? I legit just emailed my PS a picture of what I looked like before my son. I want even better results. What do you guys think. I had a nice butt before. Will she be able to get it at my before pic or better? I'm freaking out that I'll still have a square pancake butt. Help!!!

shopping list

The RH sent me an extensive list of things I need to take. I still need to buy the following items:
Chuck (bed pads)
Pee Ez
Tylenol
Benadryl
Compression socks
Yoga pants
Water
I've done everything else so far.

My friend that had surgery with the same PS assured me that the surgeon will be able to get my but like before but better. So I'm calm again.

Thinking

So my PS emailed me back saying that they will do everything to get the best possible results. She says she is sure I can achieve the looks I want. Of course this makes me very happy but then I started thinking craziness. What if I do want more kids? This is crazy since I am a single mother of two who is going through very trying times but there was like an inkling of hope that what if I do someday meet someone worthwhile and we both want that?
Well come on brunette vixen lets slap some sense girl! You have ywo beautiful kids and if that day comes then you can cross that bridge at the point but thatay never come and so you need to do this for you!!!! You deserve it. You'll have a nice flat tummy and lifted behind that you deserve. You deserve this and so much more!!!
You are a prize.
(Sometimes I just need rs and writing for some self talk and reassurance.)
Woooooosa, I'm better now.
Getting my hep A, hep B and thfloid shot this week to keep me healthy from the bacteria in food in DR. Forwarded my flight info to the RH and honestly just gave up on the gym but I'm walking so that's good. Counting down the days that I'll have a flat tummy. Seems surreal.

Quickie

So I completely forgot that I had a doctor's appointment for my immunizations for traveling to DR this past Friday. God willing I can get something this upcoming week since it needs to be in your body sometime before traveling. I only remembered when logging onto realself today. Well the days are going by but still super slow for me. Good news I have been accepted into the graduate school at the University of Illinois! I'll start working towards my master's degree in January. Finally something positive!! :)

A little over 2 weeks to go

So I have approximately 16 days until I leave. My nerves are all over the place as is to be expected. I still have supplies I need to buy and immunizations that I keep forgetting to get. The iron supplements have made me very constipated lately. I need to increase my water intake. I still can't believe I'm doing this but have been praying more lately. I need to move forward into the next chapter of my life.
Katherine Feliz Camilo

Best wishes my sis .... Continue to pray and I'm here for you
Hun my grand mother would say when you reach that water you cross it ... It's normal to have these feelings ... Be encouraged
Thank you. I have to remind myself to calm down from time to time.
U r welcome sis
I will be following your journey, good luck.
Thanks love. I appreciate it! :)
Glad you are calm once again. Do your best to stay positive, and believe in your PS and recovery. Promise it will help. We all have moments of panic, but keep them short.
Thank you. Thanks for your words of encouragement.
You are welcome, that is what we are here for, continued support through the rough times and the good times.
Hmmm....am not sure any of us will have the perfect body after plastic surgery, I know my body will be better than what it is now. After you hear from your doc you can decide if you are good with the answer. Your booty is beautiful, and it makes an excellent wish pic.
Thank you. I will be happy if I can at least get it to its original state.
Good luck ... U r on the right track
It is so nice to know how excited you are, your excitement is contagious. For reading on RS....sounds like the girls that have gone to DR before you do not use too many panties....with the CG they give you there, it is hard to pee with panties on. Check on that one before you buy more....
Sounds like you are set, and in a little over a month will have a sexy new body. Keep us posted, and we will keep you in prayer
Thank you!!
Great plan .. Keep the faith god will see you through in Jesus name amen
You r in my prayers .. Keep the faith
Thank you. I really appreciate it. I will keep you in my prayers as well.
Thanks sis , I need it , prayer is never too much for me
Good luck with everything, I am having a BBl, tt and breast lift with implants on the 6 th of october... I am also very nervous with a roller coaster of emotions playing through my head. You will be in my thoughts and prayers
Thank you. Likewise. Best of blessings to you.
A government job would be great! And one thing about those jobs is that it takes forever for all the paper work to be completed. So hoping the timing works out for you. congratulations!
Thank you! I'm saying prayers and keeping my fingers crossed!
Girl you are surely having dreams... Lol ... I'm a dreamer too ... Panic panic and at the same anxiety which I thinks everyone goes through ... Just continue to stayed prayed up in Jesus name .... U r in my prayers ... Love you
Some people just don't what is appropriate to say. Once my Mother introduced me as 'my overweight daughter', she thought nothing of it, and I was devastated! My surgery is not until the end of September, so this waiting is getting old. Thank goodness I have been busy lately to help the time pass. I will follow your journey!