BA with Fatima Almonte in the Dominican Republic

I just sent my deposit to book a surgery date and...

I just sent my deposit to book a surgery date and I'm wondering if anyone has had breast augmentation done with her and if they are pleased with their results. I'm also having a another procedure done by a different Dr. so my total cost quote reflects both procedures.

The patient services coordinator Raquel has been awesome. She even sent me an E-card for my birthday. She has followed up promptly and even with questions she didn't know the answers to,she went and found out from the Dr. for me.

I had planned on going with a different Dr. but I found him to hard to get a hold of. That may not be a bad thing don't get me wrong it could just mean he's that great at what he does that he is always busy doing surgery or teaching seminars or w/e but it seemed like after a week of trying to communicate with him he just stopped all efforts and IMO, that is not a good sign. I mean how hard will he be to get ahold of if I have an issue or a question after I have forked over my hard earned dollars!?

So I am not exactly sure If I doing this right or not. Injust tried posting and it said not enough content so I added the part about deciding to not go wqith the other Dr. Hope this is enough and not confusing to anyone reading.

I spent a lot of time researching all the horror stories and having really mixed feelings about it but I made up my mind and sent the deposit. I currently am not even an A cup. Just to give you some history on me, I am 36 years old married to a really great man who supports my choice and we have four children together. I breastfed all of them. I went from a small A cup, to a very large C cup. As you see I'm super tiny and after breastfeeding my ta-tas just kinda deflated and now they are empty for lack of a better word. I would like to be restored to about a large B cup or very small C cup. I put up the closest wish pic I could find to show what I'd like my after result to look like.

I'm not much of a blogger so I can't promise that my posting here will be of much help but I am so nervous I just thought getting it all out and sharing it, asking for info and feedback from all of you here would give me some comfort.

Anyone had breast work done with Dr. Almonte? I did see many positive posts on women having lipo/BBL done by her but nothing really other than her two photos showing implant surgery results.

I have just posted the payment today so I am waiting to get info back on a surgery date but It needs to be in April because that is when my PTO from work begins.

I have been doing a lot of planning and preparation for this and I will be keeping track of it all here so that anyone else who is considering surgery outside of the US can refer to it for help.

As far as planning to leave the country so far I have gotten my passport and I took the number for the US embassy in DR so that I can register ahead of time. I also bought carry on luggage and luggage locks as well as read up on the country. There is a lot of economic issues so there are a lot of people that live in poverty so therefore a lot of theft. Mainly crimes of opportunity on unsuspecting tourists so I plan on not taking my wedding ring or any expensive jewelry.

I also bought some recovery supplies and pre-op supplies. I will list them all next time I get on here because right now I am just to tired and have to be up early.

I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time so any ladies here that have had or know of others who have had BA done by Dr. Almonte please give me ALL details!! Anyone who can help me know what to expect having plastic surgery in DR, I am really in need of ay advice or feedback from others personal experiences.

This will be my first time traveling to DR and strangely I don't feel nervous at all about that part of it. Just the surgery and outcome of it. I am worried that I will not get a chance to talk about my goals at the consult or how different they may do things leading up to and during the procedure.Of course the whole thing with the deaths at CIPLA even though I am going with doctors who practice at CECIP. What if there were an issue and I can't go back to DR right away? All these things I have turned over and over in my head and so much so that my hubby and my momma are starting to have second thoughts about my decision. Anyone who can tell me from there experience not to worry? LOL The more I plan the more real it becomes and the more my nerves start to take over.

Well that's all for the moment until I can get a surgery date set then I will be posting again!!

Raquel responded yesterday

Okay so she responded to me and told me that she will be sending the pre-op instructions in Feb. since I am wanting the surgery in April. A lot of it I am already aware about thanks to Realself and common sense. I know I will need to stop taking supplements like my herbals and no vitamin E. Of course no smoking. Since I have a couple months beforehand I am still taking my herbal supplements and that is fine for now.

What I have been doing is this, I take an immune wellness vitamin as well as a multi-vite without vitamin A or E daily. Sometimes I take melatonin for sleep and I do take herbal soy and St. Johns.

I take a prenatal, vegetable iron, and a probiotic every other day.

I set up an appointment with my primary Doc to talk about everything and also to have a mammogram ahead of time just for my own reassurances.

I ordered some arnica Montana, bromelin and Colace to start taking a week before my surgery date. Also bought some over the counter motion sickness pills in case I get sick on the flight or from the anesthesia. (I doubt they will let me take it if I do get sick from the anesthesia but I a trying to think of anything.)

I also ordered a couple of stretch tube top maxi dresses and a few bolero shrugs in case I get cold, a surgery bra with implant stabilizer and a boobie pillow so I can sleep on my stomach later on once I'm all healed and I am taking my old nursing PJ's because they are comfortable and easy to take on and off. Oh and I also got some scar gel which I couldn't believe how expensive it was but it is supposed to prevent keloids on new scars. I don't know if I keloid or not but I have darker skin so it is possible I could and also that I may have hyperpigmentation with scarring.

Disposable panties like you get after delivery plus two peri bottles,(one for saline wound wash and one for a special antibacterial wash.) Tucks pads extra large, thick gauze and triple antibiotic salve with lydocaine. These are for the other surgery that I'm having which is a vaginoplasty. That's a whole other topic and anyone who wants to share if they have had one and how the results went I really want to know because there is so little info out there and I am scared! I mean I only have one na-na and one body period. I am nervous but also feel confident in my choice. The Dr. is an OB/GYN and a urologist as well and has been in practice a very long time. He also has oncology background so I feel more secure letting him work on my lady bits. I hope when all is said and done I can give anyone looking into this good news!

I bought a special donut pillow for my bottom too that I can use on the flight, instant ice packs and a portable foot rest that folds up and can be also used as a chair in case I have no where to sit during the layover. I am going to wear slides instead of heels or sneakers too. Trust me no one wants to have to bend over and struggle with taking off shoes when they have just had major surgery and the airports do make you take off your shoes.

I am packing very light since I don't want to wait around for bags to be checked and possibly losing my luggage. If it doesn't fit in my carry on it is not going with.

Other things I am carrying with will be adult body wipes, the kind used in homecare, lip balm, dry shampoo, non slip socks, antibacterial wipes and hand sani and Lysol spray. I can get travel sized everything and make it work LOL.

A few other things I found out while researching DR customs is that you cannot leave the country with more than 300 dollars either American Dollars or Dominican Pesos in cash. Or so the website I was on says. (Can't remember which one.)

My other question I am trying to figure outs if they have any ATMS there that distribute American Dollars. I doubt it but if anyone else knows please do tell.

I don't want to go without enough cash but I also do not want to get held up if I am trying to carry back more cash than they approve!

So yes I feel I am covering mostly everything but if anyone has more ideas of what I should bring or advice please tell me and if anyone is planning on having surgery in April through CECIP and wants a surgery buddy please hit me up because so far I am going ALONE! Very scary but I cannot take my man since he will be having to work and my mother is not well and the others in my family with the funds to go will be helping with my children. When I think about this all I do feel a little bit selfish but I have put everyone else first for so long I just feel I am worthy to do this for myself.

Well that's all I got for now. I will update again when I know more.

So I am waiing to hear back from the woman running a recovery house

Okay so.... I have a friend who had surgery in DR a couple years back and she stayed with this woman and her family. When I told her recently about my plans she said she would give me the womans number. Well now apparently there is an issue of the lady not wanting her number given out which is fine I guess.

So my way to work around that is I had my friend give her my email and so now I am waiting to hear back from her.

The info my friend gives me is this: She charges 20 USD per day or 100 per week. if you stay for the week the price will include pick up and drop off to airport as well as to and from all your Dr./clinic visits, meals 3x a day and RX delivery.

My friend told me it is nice and the rooms are clean and each have their own bathroom. She said her and her family are very nice and that she speaks fluent English so I am just hoping now whenever I am able to speak with her not only can I book the room ahead of time but that she will allow me to provide her email to all the girls here that are doing surgery in DR.

Once I hear more about anything I will post again.

Still no word back regarding the recovery house

Well I'm pretty bummed out about it but then again maybe she is busy with the holidays just wrapping up and after the new year so I am going to wait a few more days before I ask my friend about it.

If it ends up being a dead end then I will just have to find somewhere else but I liked the idea of 20 dollars a day. I figured that would leave plenty of money for buying snacks for myself and gifts for the doctors and staff.Also I had planned on catching a ride to the pawn shop. DR has this huge pawn shop that sells lots of lovely jewelry and it's cheaper to buy than in the states. Plus they charge by gram and not workmanship or the complexity of the piece so I figured to take advantage and buy some things for myself and my oldest daughter.

Anyway I really hope I can stay at this recovery house. Supposedly it is within walking distance to everything.

Pics of Dr. almontes' work/ recovery house included in quote.

So after waiting to hear back from the woman who runs the recovery house and getting no response, I end up finding out that the quote for the procedure includes the stay at a recovery house they offer.

Ok so that's fine, but my new worry is that I'm just unsure if Almonte can give me the boobs I want.

I asked for more pics of her work and Raquel, who is absolutely amazing, I just can't say enough good things about her, well anyway Raquel sent me quite a few photos of her work.

Honestly most of the women had different body types then mine and only a couple were far enough post-op to really get an ideal about the final result but none of them really wowed me you now what I'm saying? In one of the pics it even appears like the girl ended up with a double bubble so I am super afraid now. I may just cancel the breast surgery and just stick to the vaginoplasty.

I just figured kill two birds with one stone and save more money by having both done at the same time.

I posted three of the before/after cases and I'd like to know is it all in my head being that I'm somewhat of a perfectionist or should I honestly be worried? Now I can tell that Dr. Almonte won't have problems giving me cleavage, my breasts and sternum are naturally positioned to be able to do so anyway, but I like she was able to give each of these ladies good cleavage, but some of the photos that I didn't post here,IDK it seems like they should have had either a lift or nipple repositioning because their nipples are going in opposite direction. That I can't for sure look to the doctor as doing bad work because it could be entirely possible and probably likely that she explained for the best result they should pay more to have it done and they just decided not to. Either way I'm not super super worried about that because my nipples are smaller and also already pretty well positioned on my chest.

So anyway please whoever is reading, give me honest unbiased opinions regarding what you think?

Recieved our W-2's WOOP WOOP!

Okay so.... we got our W-2 and I figured our taxes. We will be getting back slightly less than I had originally though. (I grossed a little more than I estimated.) I told Raquel to go ahead and book whatever dates in April Dr. Almonte and Dr. Regalado will both have available. Waiting to hear back so I can book my flight.

I originally had planned on booking the cheapest flight I could find which will be right around 500 bucks but then I started thinking about the loooong layover that I would have to deal with on my post-op return back home. On second thought I am not ready to be stuck at the airport for 8 hours under those circumstances LOL.

I did find a much more direct flight that only has an hour and 15 minute layover but it will cost 675 bucks. Still well worth the extra in my opinion.

Also, when I originally started my review I put up the wrong price quote. Just now realized that. The actual quote for both procedures is 6300 USD.

Right now I have a bad cold and have had it for about three days. I am hoping I do not actually have the flu :( I got a horrible strain the year before last and was wiped out for a month and that started as if it were only a bad cold. It sucks having to work when I'm sick. I'm a big baby when it comes to being under the weather. Going to make tea and soup and take a huge dose of vitamin C and just turn in early when I get home.

Still waiting for a surgery date

So I have spoken a few times to Raquel about minor concerns and such and about getting the surgery date set but she has told me it is still to early for all of that just yet. The minor cold turned out to be an upper respiratory infection so that's why I haven't posted anything yet. I am still feeling out of sorts because working while being sick has taken it's toll but I am going to try to post pics of essentials that I feel anyone having these procedures will want when I get some time off.

I did get info that makes me feel better regarding the implants she says that they do have 200 cc implants as well as slightly larger sizes in the high profile. I am hoping a smaller implant with a narrow base will fit me and appear more natural.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon