Preparing to Get my Body Back with Baez on 7/8/14!!! Dominican Republic, DO

Hello ladies! I am new to this site but have been...

Hello ladies! I am new to this site but have been on everyday since I discovered it! I am scheduled to have abdominal liposuction and a Brazilian butt lift with Dr. Baez on July 7th. I am really excited! I had a decent body until I had my daughter 3 years ago. I really want a nice juicy booty and my flat stomach back! Dr. Baez has been amazing so far. Gave me a quote the very same day I sent her my information. By the end of our email conversation, I had a date of July 7th. She said she had one patient already scheduled for that day so if I want comfortable being patient number 2, I could choose the Friday of that week. I preferred the earlier date so I opted to be patient number 2. I am not that concerned about that. Patient number 3,4,5 or 6... Then I may be concerned. Anyway, I may be traveling alone so if anyone is going around the same time and looking for a travel buddy, please send me a message! Hope to begin ordering my list of supplies tomorrow!

Suggestions

Hi ladies,

So I have been creating a list things that I will need to bring with me to DR. I have taken many suggestions from other ladies. For the ladies that have had surgery, are there any items that you feel you couldn't have survived without? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :-)

Vitamins

Starting taking the vitamins that Dr. Baez recommends before surgery.... I usually take a multi-vitamin, pro-biotic, and omega 3. She told me to stop taking the omega 3 one week before surgery so I immediately stopped... I also have the Mirena IUD but she told me that was fine. :-)

Death?

Hello ladies, so like many of us preparing for surgery... I have been addicted to RS. I seem to keep running across ladies who update frequently and then after the surgery they fall off the map... Maybe I am being pessimistic but do you think these ladies may have died during surgery? It's starting to scare me... I can't imagine never being with my daughter again! I desperately want a new body but am I risking death and potentially setting my daughter up to be motherless? Has anyone else had these scary feelings before surgery. Is this normal? I so want a new body!

Recover houses

Hello ladies,

I'm wondering what recovery houses everyone recommends? It seems like everyone has decent things to say about Daisey's and Armonia. What do you all think? Do you guys have contact information for them? I am only 3 weeks away and don't have a recover house yet! Any help would be appreciated. :-)

All set!!! Flights and Recovery House Booked!

Hi ladies!
I am finally all set!!! I booked my flights and sent my deposit to Daisy's Recovery House today! I chose to stay at Daisy's because she speaks fluent English. If I happen to run into any complications, I know I will have easy access to someone who can translate for me. I have also heard that it is very clean there which is huge for me. I will be arriving in DR on July 7th and my surgery will be on the 8th (Baez let me push it back a day). My return flight is scheduled for the 16th. I know that's only 8 days post op but I know I will be super anxious to get back to my family. It seems like many girls end up changing their flights to go home earlier than expected. My daughter and I have never been apart longer than 24 hours... This will be HUGE for us! And my husband will have to learn what it is to be the primary caregiver... Maybe he will realize just how much us Mommys have to do! :-) I am sooo nervous and excited all at the same time. I can't wait to have a new body and buy new clothes!!!! Of course I am really scared to have complications but that's why I chose Baez as my doctor. I feel safe with her. Just two weeks away!!!

Got my passport today!! Sooo excited!!

My passport arrived TODAY! I got nervous about it not getting here before I leave so I called yesterday morning to have it expedited. They charged me $75 over the phone and I got it when my mail came at 10am. Now THATs expidited service for u! Lol

Arrived in DR!

I have finally arrived in DR! Daisy's driver picked me up from the airport and brought me to the recover house. They drive absolutely crazy here! Like NYC has nothing on them! Woa! And i realized when i got to Daisy's, I don't think they even have traffic lights. Anyway, now that I have gone off on a tangent... So I am supposed to be at Dr. Baez office at 7am. I have to get my lab work first and then hopefully I will be her second patient tomorrow. Will give you all an update ASAP!

I am alive and recovering!

Sorry ladies. I have been in pain and somehow lost my phone charger since i have been here. I can't really do a review yet but wanted to let everyone know I am alive and recovering. I will post pre and post pics once i get back to the states.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Baez has been amazing! She is a wonderful, sweet, kind, and caring Doctor. VERY happy with my choice. Dr. Baez puts your life as her priority! And does an amazing job on your body.

how is the recovery going? pics please
Many blessings on your healing...day by day it gets brighter:)
Happy healing
Waiting for your update! Glad all is well. Can't wait to see your pics! I'm hoping to be down there in December for my lipo/bbl. Best wishes on your recovery!
Glad you made it *soft hugs*. cant wait to see your results
Blessings can't wait to see your post op pics
Prayers are with you Bella
So happy that you made it safely. How do you like Daisy's so far? I know it's going to be hard but try to get some rest.
I love Daisy's. Margaret and Lina are sooooo sweet and kind. Sorry, I am just seeing this. I have been in a lot of pain. They are taking good care of me.
Hey I am Baez patient on the 7th ! Lol and was also going to stay at Daisys as well. She was my first choice until I was contacted by other patients to become sx buddies. Anyway, our day is around the corner ! Super excited. And about the deaths, if you look into them, they weren't surgery related otherwise that would be considered a malpractice and these doctors wouldn't be able to practice in their country. One girl I've heard who died recently died of complications from a previous surgery (a gastric bypass) another one died of an embolism. Totally unrelated...you'll be fine, especially with Baez. Nothing negative from her which is also why I choose her. Don't be afraid, you're going be okay :)
I was actually going to be her second patient on the 7th (after you, I assume)! I changed it to the 8th for a few diff reasons. I have done a ton of research on how to prevent a embolism and deadly infections after surgery. I am starting to feel better now that I know I can prevent most of the surgery related complications after surgery. I am overall, pretty healthy so I am praying to be complication free! My daughters life would be horrible without me! But it seems like a very slim chance anything will happen to me. Anyway, where did u decide to stay? How r u feeling? Nervous?
That's good to hear, everyone definitely should educate themselves to minimize possible complications. But I will be staying at Armonias recovery house, the building/hotel one. I'm beyond nervous! Lol like I eat sleep and breath this surgery because honestly I just wanna get it over with because I'm so not looking forward to be away from my family either nor am I looking forward for the pain. How are you feeling? Ready to go?
I am pretty much packed. But like you, I am beyond nervous about leaving my family for so long! I have never been away from my daughter for longer than 24 hours! She is a momma's girl for sure! Gonna be so weird for the both of us. I think that's the hardest part for me. Armonia looks very nice and clean! I was between them and Daisy's.
No worries bck to me! That's my girlfriend Liz who owns SERENITY RH your n great hands ! Food is awesome, it's clean , reliable!!!!
I booked at serenity. The woman who owns it speaks English and is From here. I'll let you know how it is.
Awesome! Thanks! :-)
So far it's ok. It looks 5 star compared to even the resort I stayed in
Hey wonderingDove have you had your surgery yet?
I did love. I'm at Serenity right now.
WonderingDove, congrats Hun! How are you feeling?
Guess I can't complain. I'll post my review tomorrow on my page.
Ok. Praying for a fast recovery for you! Feel better! And I will be looking out for your review tomorrow! :-)
Oh good! Are you happy with it so far can you please post pics or pm them to me
I was very pleased with results. Tho today I look like I got a big ol belly. Serenity was nice inside. Good neighborhood minus the function hall next door that parties all night. Just download a white noise machine app on your phone to drown the parties out. There was a couple other gripes my self and the other girls had, but I'm gonna email Liz the owner and fill her in so that it won't affect her business. She was very pleasant to deal with via email too.
Omg I have said the same thing daily. Wth they come on get all their info then say screw all of us and don't update? LADIES PLEASE UPDATE AT LEAST A FEW MONTHS AFTER YOUR SX. I think we all need to pout this in our posts so that they don't forget. I also think that we should all leave our password for RS with a friend or loved one so in the event something happens thru can come in and let all of us know. Come on. Let's look out for one another. Even if you don't have anyone that knows what your gonna do. Please give your password to someone else in RS or you meet while away. I mean it's only a blog password, no real info anyone can get from you off here and steal. You know you would want to know if there were lots of "accidents" happening.