Need Help - Dominican Republic, DO

Hi, I am completely new here, just recently...

Hi, I am completely new here, just recently decided to go for plastic surgery, through a friend heard that Costa Rica is a good cheap place to get things done. So I kind of just did some research , found a place called" medical group of Costa Rica ", got a response and a quote for bbl, lipo and breast implants with lift for 8000$, set up with las cumbers inn for recovery, got plane tickets , surgery set up for January 6. Well, after that I came upon this website, and read a lot of things, seems like nobody really knows about Costa Rica and it's doctors,i also asked for before and after pics from the medical place there and the secretary wrote that it's a team of doctors so she doesnot have any particular ones for the doctor I am seeing , his name is dr. Cohen.i looked at his credentials and it looks promising , but then I have been coming upon names of dr.yily and dr. Duran, needless to say I am impressed with how many reviews they have and their results, they CAN be linked to exact patients and it's promising , unlike the Costa Rica doctor. So I emailed both yily and Duran and only got automated response from yily and a quote of 6500 for bbl,tt, breast lift with implants, but no real person as of now. My problem is that after all this I don't feel like going to Costa Rica but would rather go to yily or Duran, but I cannot return or exchange airplane tickets so that means loosing 780$. Any input? Does anyone know much about Costa Rica? Is dr. Cohen a good doctor? I honestly cannot find one picture linked to him. Should I just try to go to Dominican Republic instead? Please share thoughts or knowledge, like I said, I booked everything too fast and now have doubts.

Waiting for duran to reply

So I emailed dr. Duran many times, and now going to try to get ahold of her through Bella vita consultant , I guess they help you with setting up an appointment and finding recovery houses for 200$, anyone knows much about them ?

Using services of Bella vista consultants

Payed my fee of 214$ , hopefully now I can get ahold of Duran and get set up with good recovery house, anyone had experiences with this consultant group?

Reviews about Bella vita

I read a lot of good reviews about this consult company, so hopefully I will hear soon from duran wotha quote, here are some pics of me now, after two kids my breasts are RUINED, my figure looks manly now with no curves or butt, hopefully I can fix that lol

Wish pics

Here are my wish pics

Just curious

Had any one seen pics or knows people who had their surgeries done like two- three years post operation?i am curious if the results are permanent if you have a pretty normal lifestyle with no huge weight fluctuation ?are results really stay forever?talking about tt and bbl

I am scared!

I have not even gotten my quote still , I am hoping on Monday , I am starting to question if getting bbl, tt, bl and ba all in one surgery is too much? I have seen on here people do that, but I am a little concerned about recovery process and travelling back into states after. I have two kids and I am a single parent, so I have NEVER gotten time off kids before , so two weeks in dominican republic will really be hard on everyone, with me gone and my friends watching my kids. I will have to come back and care for kids with no break or help, but this is my only chance! I am graduating with a nursing degree and know I will have many expense for school Loans and moving, so this is my only time I can do something for me, any thoughts?

Question about hiring a nurse in dr

Hello everyone! I have a question about hiring a nurse, after research and thinking I decided I will be hiring a nurse when I am in Dominican republic, for at least first 8 days, and I mean like 24 hours a day nurse. How does it work at the recovery house? Does that mean you have to pay for nurse also it stay with you,or she comes and goes? So if I am booking a recovery house does that meAn I have to pay for two people to stay there? And if anyone had any experience with hiring a nurse, please share, thank you!

I have a confirmed surgery date!

Ok, first of all, there are still good people out there! Thank you to one of the members of real self, who helped me with figuring out all the confusion, and I now can say with confidence, that I have a confirmed date with dra. Duran for the 7 th of January!!!super exited!!!

Flight and rh booked!

Booked my flight and rh! Staying at real armonia recovery

Getting my supplies together

So I have been getting all the supplies together, pretty much got everything that everyone on here recommended , got a new suitcase, I will be flying through nj so it's gonna be cold since I have a 13 hour layover, but that's fine , I will just get a hotel . I got a blow up mattress with a hole( intended for pregnant women) to sleep in for my butt, a boppy infant lounger to also put under my butt. Got liquid geritol and purabsorb for iron boost, also been reDing on foods that are best for iron and that's clams and chicken liver so I guess closer to dAte will berating that too, seems like things are coming together, even tho it's still eArly it's good to take care of everything , I feel like.

Tipping in Dominica republic

Hello everyone, I was wondering if people can tell me the proper tipping etiquette in Dominican Republic. How much,to who,what's offensive and what's not, also dollars vs.pesos and how much pesos will you need to bring with you? Thank you
Dr. Duran

Nat you have a great body to begin with I'm sure your going to look AMAZING!
What is ur surgery date?
January 7th
You have some time. Good luck. I'll update you guys with my surgery which will be done next week. Love and light.
Thank you! Hope everything goes well for you too!
no need in hiring a nurse while you're in dr. My experience in the recovery home i was in the ladies helped me with everything(changing,bought all meds to me,food,drinks,laundry)
Hi..what recovery house did you use???
Hi, I am booked at armonia rh
I just got a quote from them. Can you please share some reviews thoughts. Have a safe recovery:)
I got this place highly recommended by Bella vita , so I just went with them cause I know it's reliable, apparently they have not one bad review
How did you contact Duran?
Through Bella vita consultants , and by having someone call the office who speaks Spanish
I would like to know the answers to that as well. try the other doctors Dr. RObles Dr almonte, Dr yily is a little pricey no RH included not sure about Duran waiting for that one. Maybe if we go same time you and I could split the fee in half for nurse lets see
As a single mother and recent nursing grad about to begin a new life, I understand! It is possible to make it work after all those procedures but I wouldn't want to compromise quality. Especially of the BBL. I'm having a TT w/ lipo and BA/BL. I figure I'll be able to rest comfortably on my backside. A lot of ladies worry about sitting for long periods after the BBL for shape and fat viability reasons. I personally don't think I'd even want a TT at the same time as a BBL for the same reason. I suggest considering what are the MOST 2 important areas to be improved on and make the decision to get the 3rd area done at another time.
It does sound like a lot to do in one go. Think about it, if you do the TT you won't be able to use your abs to get up and out of bed, and you'll be sore from the lipo for the bbl and the BL. If you can't lie on your back or sit on your bbl how will you lie on your TT. Aside from the number of hours you'd be under and the blood loss. Better to be safe than sorry, especially as you won't have your ps as back up once you go home.
Good luck on your journey and finding the right doctor!
Better safe than sorry. If you are having doubts it is definitely better to go to someone that you feel more comfortable with. This process is stressful enough, you need to be able to trust your doctor has your best interests at heart. I wish you the best!!!! After giving birth to two kids you deserve this.
Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us!

What is Dr. Cohens full name? I'll do a quick site search and see if we have any information on him for you.

You may also find information in the BBL Forums and BBL Guides useful, while you're researching and preparing.

Good luck and please do keep us updated with your progress!
Thank you for replying , his full name is dr. Jose cohen, Costa Rica
I've had a quick look for you and there's very little information on that particular doctor. I could only find 3 reviews, which you can read, here.
Thank you,kristy, well looks like I have to loose 780$ for my Costa Rica tickets, I don't think I feel confident going to dr. Cohen, with such small amount if info and no pictures , I have written to dr yily and duran , no response , yet any tips on how to get an appointment with them?
I don't personally have any tips on getting in touch with them. I have read from some of the other girls that it can take a while to get a response, so patience is a virtue! You may find some tips in the BBL forum, or you can contact some of the other girls who have Duran or Yily reviews and see if they have any tips for you.